Start by marking “New Lease of Life” as Want to Read:
New Lease of Life

New Lease of Life

Phillip used to laugh a lot, back when his friends called him Pip. However the good deed that left him hospitalized not only marred his body, it stripped him of his good humor too. Ever since, he has pushed his friends away and shut out the world. Donating his vintage clothing to a charity shop should have been the final act in a year-long campaign to sever the links with ...more
Published December 25th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about New Lease of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Lease of Life

Start your review of New Lease of Life
MLE
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, kindle-archive
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well drawn, and compelling. The pacing of the romance felt authentic to who they both were, and where they were together. I liked that they took the time to get to know each other before anything happened between the two of them. There was angst, but it didn't feel over the top or silly. Just what I was looking for this holiday season.
Skye Kilaen
Nov 07, 2017 marked it as no-thank-you
The able-bodied character STEALS the disabled character's mobility aid, and that's supposed to be the beginning of a romance? More like the beginning of an abusive horror story. Hell to the no.
Lillian Francis
Nov 29, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
After several months off the shelves, this book has now been re-released.
With added epilogue and original cover.

ETA (16/04/20): If you have a copy of 1st edition from DSP the changes are purely US to UK English, apart from the addition of a short epilogue. In order to read the epilogue without buying the book again I've released it as it's own chapter.

Grab it free at Proflic Works: https://claims.prolificworks.com/free...
or on Payhip: https://payhip.com/b/kL1j

Also the 2nd edition is now availab
Sandra
3.5 stars, rounded down.

I didn't warm up to Phillip until about halfway through this book, and he irritated me to no end. Yes, yes, I'm sure I was supposed to feel sorry for him, but I didn't, not really. He's a grumpy jerk, and the way he treated people was horrendous. Until we start seeing him for who he really is.

Colby was slightly too perfect for my taste, though I liked his sense of humor, and how he wasn't willing to take Phillip's grumpiness seriously. He kept chipping away at the walls
Xan West
May 20, 2019 marked it as do-not-read
I will not be reading this based on this review, which describes ableist abusive behavior on the part of the love interest.

Patricia Nelson
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a beautiful, poignant, grab-you-by-the-feels, lovely, amazing, charming, engaging, emotionally charged, wonderful, sexy, and totally awesome story. It had me hooked from beginning to end, and I would definitely recommend getting this marvelous gem immediately.
Courtney Bassett
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, wrote-review
This was just a charming, feel-good book. I *love* books that have the trope of the grumpy one being soft for the sunshine one, and this fit that perfectly. Colby was sweet and patient and so good at drawing a smile from Pip, who'd pretty much thought his former life was over. I'll definitely be reading more from this author.
Avid Reader
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
New Lease of Life by Lillian Francis
4 stars
M/M Romance
Triggers: Physical disability
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.

I really liked this story. It was drawn out, but not too much and you really got to see the characters come out of their shells and develop.

I loved how Colby did not give up on Pip and was sneaky, snarky, funny, loving and compassionate to Pip, even if it did involve stealing and fibbing. Colby is a large man and despite his looks, he has found tha
Kara
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Phillip used to be a completely different person until something painful happens to him and causes him to change... Colby is attracted to Pip and tries to bring him back to what he was before. Will he be able to?

I want to start of this review by saying I thought this two men together was just so sweet! Colby was such a strong character and the way he was with Pip was so sweet! Pip has gone through a lot and the way he slowly starts to open up more with Colby was awesome!

I really liked the way
jules0623
Enjoyed it the first time I read it and I enjoyed it just as much with a second read. Lovely characters and a sweet love story.
Dee
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
A bit of a slow burn with a lovely HEA :)
uch a lovely story!
Took me a bit to warm up to Pip - such a grump! But Colby's slow, but caring persistence pays off.
I loved that as a story set in England, the correct (read British) spellings were used, as well as the unapologetic UK references ( e.g. the comparison of the charity shop till to the one in Open All Night).
The story is low angst, sweet, with subtle humour sprinkled throughout. Will definitely reread :)
Lala Albert
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story had a very sweet feel to it. I liked that the romantic connection was slow-burn and I really liked that they got to know each other's personality and quirks before anything happened.

I loved the whole vintage clothing-love/vintage clothing-store connection. That's the first time I've read that interest in m/m romance and it really stood out to me in a good way since I used to be a massive vintage shopper.

Lovely story and romance.
Brenda Moser
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and heartwarming romance between Pip and Colby. It's a story of compassion and love with Colby supporting Pip emotionally ,helping him to bring light back into his life. The author brings strong characters and weaves a beautiful story with detailed and descriptive scenes. I enjoyed reading their story.

Emilie
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pip was super-grumpy at the beginning of the book, and well into the middle of it. He wasn't doing anything to improve his own life and situation. Colby decided to bring cheer into Pip's lonely life. I would have given up quickly when facing Pip's attitude, but Colby was made of sterner stuff.

I was puzzled about why the men worked when they didn't have to, especially Colby. Colby did seem to feel a need to be useful, though.

There were a couple of times when the protagonists leaped to completely
Cookie Moretti
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
New Lease On Life by Lillian Francis (MM/Romance)

A copy of this book was provided to me by Inked Rainbow Reads in exchange for an honest review.

**** 4 STARS****

This was a sweet story about Pip, who had a bad accident that made him a complete shut in. He used to be full of life and laughter, but no more. But then Colby comes into his life like a rainbow after a storm.

Colby was so sweet and patient with Pip. In real life, Colby would probably be in jail for being too stalkerish, lmao, but in this
Melanie
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

To be posted 12/29 Read the full review here http://wp.me/p220KL-6C4

From that review:Once again, Lillian Francis has written a story and characters guaranteed to capture your heart. From the moment you and Colby meet the broken Pip, something about this damaged man will call out to you. So much so that, like Colby, you're pulled through that door and into the wreckage of Pip's life.
Its well written, entertaining, and just a lovely romance.

Rating: 4.5 st
Tiferet
Sweet, comforting, funny, and it was so cool to see the links to Josephine Myles' The Bristol Collection and hear Mas from Stuff! ...more
CB
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-book
A very sweet love story. Nothing too complicated but kept me engaged all the way to the end!
Idamus
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, rereads
Why did this end? I wasn't ready to say goodbye *pouts*
Pamela Su
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kind of cute and sweet.

Pip's a major jerk to everyone but I still liked him. A man who appreciates fashion. Super like! I enjoyed reading how Colby relentless lays siege to Pip's walls.
Sarita Chapdelaine
Apr 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a sweet and entertaining story with interesting characters but unfortunately it is only an okay read for me. I like Colby a lot but it took me quite a while to warm up to Pip as his attitude is pretty crappy until later on in the story. They are complete opposites and they didn't really make sense as a couple to me. Colby is a very positive and happy person so that made Pip seem even more unhappy. I don't like that Pip seemed to be punishing himself instead of trying to get better. There ...more
Mercedes
Jul 21, 2020 added it
Shelves: mm-romance
DNF. Pip was very rude for almost very long and then the story was a bit slow going so I skimmed to the epilogue.
Dee
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it
It took me a good part of this story to warm to Phillip’s character. This will likely work in one of two ways for readers. It will either endear them to him more or they’ll become bored and give up. Something, as much as it pains me to say, I may have done had I not received this book to review.

A great deal of this story revolves around the clothes that initially brought these two men together. If you like hearing about tweed, vintage clothing, and all their glorious fabrics and colours you’ll m
Joyfully Jay
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wendy
A Joyfully Jay review.

In this slow burn romance story, Phillip used to be the life of the party. Known as “Pip” to his friends, he was a connoisseur of vintage clothing. He has a room devoted to storing these treasures and photo albums depicting himself wearing these items. Then a good deed went horribly wrong and Phillip finds himself struggling just to walk. As the story unfolds, readers are introduced to the self-loathing man who would rather shut himself away in his upscale home a
Dawn Barber
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Would've given it five stars but the story ended so suddenly ... No closure or wrap!
★ ☆ Booksaholic ★ ☆
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 stars. This was cute, but to me it had a very abrupt ending. I was like "Wait that's it?"
MarcelSwann
Feb 23, 2016
Raja
Jan 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Castellan (Castle Rehm, #2)
  • Slay Ride
  • Firm Hand (Perfect Hands, #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Throwing Hearts
  • Get a Grip (Bluewater Bay, #19)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Little Man
  • All Wheel Drive (Bluewater Bay, #18)
  • The Story We Used to Tell
  • Resilient Heart
  • How to Run with the Wolves (Howl at the Moon #5)
  • A Change of Plans, Safe Harbors #1
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • Blindside (Blind Faith, #3)
  • Physical Therapy (St. Nacho's #2)
  • Blank Canvas (Irons and Works, #2)
  • Spring Strings
Lillian Francis is an English writer who likes to dabble in many genres but always seems to return to the here and now.

Their name may imply a grand dame in pink chiffon and lace, but Lillian is more at home in jeans, Converse, and the sort of T-shirts that often need explaining to the populous at large but will get a fist bump at Comic-Con. Lillian is a self-confessed geek who likes nothing more t