Start by marking “Wild Games” as Want to Read:
Wild Games

Wild Games

Despite warnings of annoying mosquitos and beastly spiders, Becca Glover couldn’t be more excited about her expedition to Costa Rica. Rooming with Matt Ritter, however, is an inconvenience she doesn’t see coming. He wields a machete, shaves with a knife and needs to wear a decent amount of clothes to cover the muscles she can’t stop staring at.

Hired to lead a group of sci
Published November 25th 2015 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Wild Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Games

Start your review of Wild Games
Stacey is Sassy
The heroine was more annoying than the mosquitos.

I started Wild Games looking forward to a quick and sexy read set in the jungle. I sort of got what I was asking for. The hero of the story is Matt, a security officer, who takes on security work protecting research students studying plants in Costa Rica. He’s handsome, tough and handles a machete well. Becca is on her first expedition and really looking forward to the opportunity to take her studies to the next level. When the two meet…it is defi
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•

Becca is off to Costa Rica on a research trip, in her role as a scientist. A group of them will travel into the depths of the jungle, guided by ex-military man Matt Ritter. Just the trek to their temporary location is challenging enough for Becca after she needs assistance from Matt to get there.

She is then miffed to find out that she will also be rooming with him. These two in close proximity to each other for the length of their stay seems like a time bomb waiting to go off. Becca is
The Magic of Books Blog
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wild Games by Mila Rossi

4 stars
Reviewed by Char for Late Night Books and Reviews

This contemporary romance was set mainly in the jungles of Costa Rico with main characters Becca and Matt. Rebecca Glover, a college-employed scientist, is ready to set forth on her first adventure and first real field experience to study plants and trees in the wild. Matt Ritter was hired by the college to accompany the scientists and provide protection for their group while they are in the research facility.

Immed
Libby Harrison
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by Author*

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Becca): 4/5 (she dropped a star for me when she didn’t tell the OW about her feelings towards the H which then led to other events)
Hero (Matt): 5/5

Plot: 4/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: see triggers
HEA: yes but no epilogue
Triggers: a little OW drama – OW kisses H even when H said no

Average score: 4/5

Best Quote: h to H “Don’t call me sweetheart, Mr. Ritter. I don’t appreciate liberties being taken or inappropriate nicknames being applied.”

h
Dottie
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
The jungles of Costa Rica are a pretty wild place; add to that a swashbuckling security guard/baby-sitter (to a group of grown-up scientists) plus a stubborn researcher there to study native plants, and you’ve got a unique setting for a story.
Matt works at the local university and is a security officer there – but takes jobs with the university guiding scientists into the Costa Rican jungle to a research facility where they cohabitate (well, two to a treehouse) for a month while doing their work
Bridget O'Toole
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

When I was asked if I would read and review Wild Games by Mila Rossi, I was intrigued. Here is a contemporary romance with a premise different from many of the contemporary romances I have read. Becca Glover is a scientist, and she is eager to have the opportunity to explore plant life in Costa Rica. After years of hoping that she would have the chance to go on this trip with her colleagues at the university, she finall
Angie

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

I had the opportunity to beta this one, and although I enjoyed it, I also found myself comparing it to another novel I had previously read that had a similar jungle-love theme. I just found Wild Games to be a little predictable and less dramatic and exciting than the other novel, which seemed to work against WG in the end.

Becca was a likable enough heroine, although I would have loved to see a tougher side to her. I thought that
MELODY
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wild games by Mila Rossi is a short hot read. Becca is a botanist that is finally getting the oppotunity of a lifetime going off on a study trip to the costa rican rain forest. Matt, is the security guard that goes along to babysit/guide her group on their stay. The trip starts off with a bang when Becca brushes against a plant that causes her leg to swell. Matt, helps her ever so ungrateful self get to camp and then they end up in the same living quarters so he can keep an eye on her.

The spark
Becky
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wild Games was a short read, but enjoyable. Becca and Matt get off on the wrong foot together, and spend the first half or so of their time in Costa Rica sniping at each other. Both feel an attraction toward the other--Matt keeps walking around the treehouse hut the two are sharing for the duration only half clothed, which distracts Becca to no end; she inadvertently gave Matt an eyeful at the outdoor shower one afternoon--but they're determined to ignore the pull.

Until they can't ignore it anym
Mary Tatar
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Short, sweet, and entertaining are the words I would use to describe Wild Games by Mila Rossi. The synopsis reminded me a little of the Crocodile Dundee movies, and I was intrigued to see how the book would play out. I was a little surprised that there wasn't more action though, with the book taking place in the jungle, but the chemistry between the characters quickly made up for that.

Becca is a scientist who is doing research in Costa Rica. One problem she isn't the outdoors type, and Matt the
Kelly L
I received a free ARC of this book in exchange for a review. This is that review. =)

I've mentioned my love of military type men and scientist women as the main characters and this is one of the few that I've recently enjoyed. I rarely enjoy a book when I really dislike the heroine of the story. This is one of those rare cases. She was whiny and overly emotional. That said, so was everyone else in the story so it wasn't as jarring. I've not read a book recently where everyone in the book is so i
Maria
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Becca is ready for her work trip into the Costa Rican jungle. Too bad it's started off as a bit of a disaster and the hot headed security guard is getting in her nerves to top it all off!

Matt is not sure about another jungle trip but the money is just too good to pass up, but unlike his past jobs this once contains a fiery redhead who has a tendency to get into trouble.

Forced to bunk together for the month long trip sparks, and the occasional knife, fly! Will they end up wringing each
Tina Todd shobe
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wild games is a short but very good read. Becca is a scientist and is given the opportunity to study plant life in Costa Rica. She is super excited about the trip. Along comes Matt, the security officer/guide for the trip.

These two immediately strike sparks off each other. I think they bicker so much because they are fighting off their attraction. Doesn't help that they end up being room mates. A lot of sexual tension there.

Poor Becca has one bad thing after another happen on her adventure and M
Samantha March
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a review copy
Based on first impressions, I wasn’t super sure this would be my cup of tea, because the cover was a little Tarzan/Jane for me. But also based on first impressions, the synopsis really intrigued me. Once I got into the book, I did enjoy it. This I believe is a novella so it was a pretty quick read, but there was also a lot happening during the story. I thought it was pretty interesting to read about the jungles of Costa Rica, and Becca and Matt immediately form a connecti
Natalija
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
Ugh, I couldn't wait for the book to be over. It has an interesting premise, exotic setting and is well written, but I hated the heroine. I couldn't have agreed more with Matt when he confronted Becca:

“You’ve been complaining since the moment you set foot in this place. You haven’t been listening to my instructions, didn’t stick with the group and got yourself lost. Now who’s the impossible one?”

Becca is the kind of person I try to avoid in real life. I didn't understand why the hero liked her,
JESSie NW
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am one who loves camping as long as I am close enough to plumbing to leave the campsite. So reading about an independent woman who does not mind being in the woods is amazing. Living vicariously is what reading is all about. Add a gorgeous man who will end up shirtless (distracting though it maybe) all of a sudden I want a tent and campfire. In real life, the love to hate to love you is a bit off putting, but it works with this couple. In reality if they could have gotten rid of the incompeten ...more
Inishowen Cailín
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a short, fast paced and entertaining read.
Matt is very much a take charge and take action kind of guy. He is very capable in the jungle and can handle anything that comes his way. That is until he meets Becca who is a walking disaster and needs rescued at every turn. She doesn't appreciate his cave-man/Indiana Jones attitude and the pair constantly bicker and snipe at one another. It doesn't help that they have to share accommodation.
It was fun watching these two argue whilst trying to
Kari Nichols
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness--I wanted to give this book 5 stars SO badly! But there was just a little tiny something that kept me from it (not telling what because I hate spoilers!). However, I loved the way the characters were written-I really felt like I understood the main characters and their motivations. I thought there was the perfect amount of tension and intrigue, and the jungle setting for the story was lots of fun. I definitely had to cover my mouth because I laughed so hard at one point. I will de ...more
Melissa
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wild Games was my first book of Mila Rossi's. It was cute, sexy and fun. I loved the banter between Becca the sexy, snarky and clumsy scientist vs. Matt the hunky, hot and very capable guide, a winning combination. In the wild jungle of Costa Rica two very different people find themselves turning to the least likely person for comfort and a deeper connection than they ever thought possible. Wild Games is refreshing, in the era of serials, series and cliff hangers from hell, Mila Rossi writes a f ...more
Jacqueline Driggers
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
The first thing I thought when reading this book was - gee, glad it's not me out there. I'll give Becca her props for even going down there. But poor Matt, he got more than he bargained for.

I like the characters of Becca and Matt, and the book is a fun read too. It's not your typical romance novel because of the setting, that I really like, and it sets the book apart. I only wish that the ending had been a bit longer, or maybe had an epilogue, as I would of liked a bit more at the end.

But over
Amanda
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great book to read when you've had one of those days and you're looking for something fun to take your mind off of everything. It's fun and romance in a setting where the two main characters can't get away from one another. Things are bound to get heated when you're stuck in a jungle together trying to ignore an undeniable chemistry.
Lo-arna Green
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Matt and Becca are a bit hot together. I loved their chemistry.

If you're searching for a quick and satisfying read, look no further!
Grace
Pam Elbe
Jul 12, 2016
Stacie Williams
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great short read. It left me wanting more. I would reccommend to all adult readers.
Pyang
Jan 18, 2016
Goodreads Reviewe...: Reviews for Contemporary Romance Novella 2 24 Feb 01, 2016 07:45AM

• Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)
  • Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4)
  • Arrogant Devil
  • The Running Man
  • Omega's Capture
  • Omega's Deception (Omegas of Pandora, #1)
  • Ex Games
  • Crave to Claim (Myth of Omega, #3)
  • Crave to Capture (Myth of Omega, #2)
  • Crave to Conquer (Myth of Omega, #1)
  • Dream Man
  • Open Season
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)
  • Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)
  • Burn for You (Gully's Fall, #1)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • Rock Chick Regret (Rock Chick, #7)
Mila Rossi creates heroines who don't back down, stand up for themselves, and insist on freedom and independence until the right man comes along, then all rules are thrown out the window. The heroes must be clever, generous, and able to throw a girl over their shoulder.

If she's feeling nostalgic, she writes historical romance under the name Alice Lake.

When not typing away furiously, she goofs arou