Start by marking “The Cupcake Witch: The Witching Hour Collection (The Chancellor Fairy Tales #2)” as Want to Read:
The Cupcake Witch: The Witching Hour Collection (The Chancellor Fairy Tales #2)

The Cupcake Witch: The Witching Hour Collection

(The Chancellor Fairy Tales #2)

They say the course of true love never runs smooth.
That’s nothing a magical cupcake can’t solve.

Julie

Buttercream. Vanilla. Fondant. Dark chocolate. Brown sugar. Molasses. Baking has always been my true love, but it wasn’t until my mother’s death, and the unexpected inheritance of Serendipity Gardens, that my bliss called me. Bittersweet. But Serendipity Gardens has more
Published November 24th 2015 by Love Potion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cupcake Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cupcake Witch

Crina (Reading Addict)
Really how some books have just huge reviews and they are so meh? Why? Or I'm getting to picky?

Original post on Reading Addict

This review is going to be very short, because apparently the book is also very short and I wasn't expecting that, it's more of a novella type story, as I wasn't expecting to be a bit disappointed.

As you can see the cover is very pretty and the synopsis sounds girly and sweet and cute... and very yummy. But I think that this book was too childish for me or it is more for
TL
Jul 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The possibilities were limitless, but the one thing that needed to be there was me. My heart felt it with more certainty that anything I’d felt since Mom had died. I needed that neglected place as much as it needed me. What we would do together, I wasn’t sure quite yet, but that was nothing a pumpkin spice latte couldn’t remedy. Still cradling the antique recipe box, I snatched up the key and headed toward the door."

A cool wind swept across the garden, kicking up with it the sweet smell of flow
Sarika Patkotwar
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Actual rating- 3.5

The Cupcake Witch sounded extremely intriguing because how could food- desserts, at that- and magic not make for a good combination? This book is actually the second in a series of novellas, but each of the stories can be read as a standalone. An extremely enjoyable read, The Cupcake Witch was a short, sweet and superb read.

Julie lost her mother to cancer and so did Horatio. While on the one hand, Julie's dad is extremely supportive of her wish to start her own dessert and te
Lindsay
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, how I missed Chancellor! This adorable little town is getting right under my skin, in a good (not infectious disease) sort of way. Julie is exactly the kind of character I love. She's bold, independent and has an unconventional style. Horatio has to be pretty amazing to deserve a girl like her. ;)

I do have to say that this novella isn't near long enough for my liking. I feel like there's still so much story that could be told! (This is just me being greedy) I was glad for the very brief glim
Tracy
I am in-love with the town of Chancellor, what a magical place, I wish I could live there. This is the second book in the Chancellor Fairy Tales series and I loved it just as much as the first one. These books are very much a feel good series for me. I cannot wait to read book 3 and I hope there will be more!
Ashley Ehlers
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

*Was given a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review*

This was cute and I've got to say the little baker in me was drooling over the pages! Everything Julie baked sounded so good, that I was craving to go into the kitchen to bake the goodies myself! I absolutely love stories that have bakers in them, it calls to my sweet tooth and it brings a joy to my heart! That aspect pulled me in and then add onto t
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)

description

From the moment I started reading this book I was transported into this beautiful and magickal tale. I felt such a closeness to Julie, like she was an actual friend; maybe even a sister. I loved how strong Julie'scharacter was and the author's story line was breath taking and full of vivid characters...all with their own strengths and weaknesses. I even found myself becoming attached to the characters.

Poppy Lawless is an extremely gifted author as she knows how to truly weave a world building w
Annie
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

Julie finds her Aunts little lost shop and falls in love with it...after losing her mom, she decides she really does not want to go back to school....she wants to open her own bakery and tea shop...her Aunts place inspires her and she comes across a recipe box, a special box with not only recipes but incantations to go along with these sweet recipes....and all falls in to place!

GREAT STORY...I LOVED IT...HAD TO BUY BOOK
Serenity
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and heart warming.

A lovely little novel that allows you to see how two people find themselves again and that allows them to find each other. A pinch of magic and some twinkling stars and you have a short story to enjoy with your morning coffee and leave you smiling and in a happy place.

The romance between Julie and Horatio is simple and sweet and clean enough I can let my ten year old read this story with no qualms. I greatly enjoyed this short story.
Pam Warner
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun fairytale
Vicki
I really liked this one. It was so cute, light, and fluffy.

Julie's mother passed away the previous summer, and Julie was going to (view spoiler)

Horatio is a very wealthy man's son who happens to practically own the entire tow
Cheryl (I Heart Fictional People)
Review originally posted on my blog: I Heart Fictional People

INITIAL THOUGHTS

I absolutely loved the title and the cover. It sounded and looked like a cute fantasy that I just had to read. And of course, reading the blurb and seeing that a guy was involved made me want to read it even more.

WHAT I LIKED

The message. Both Julie and Horatio have never really followed their own dreams because of their parents. Their parents wanted different things for them, so they have always chosen to please them in
books are love
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was sweet. I love how Julie comes into town on a feeling that the house left to her was meant to be and be her future and helps a family heal from a death and a dad finally see what he is doing and get forgiveness from his children. I also love Horatio.

The book is not meant to have deep meaning but be a sweet fun flirty entertaining book and it gives us just that as we watch Julie and Horatio find each other and get her business up and running.

Julie at first seems a little airy but what is
Becky Stephens
After reading The Cupcake Witch, another magical novella by Poppy Lawless, I am ready to pack up everything and move to Chancellor. In this town lives a mermaid and now we meet a hearth witch, who is the sweetest, loveliest witch to grace the streets of Chancellor. We meet Rayne in this novella, but in 2016, we will learn more about him in The Bee Charmer, the third installment of The Chancellor Fairy Tales and why his eyes have that special sparkle. Gah, I can't wait!

Julie is brave, independent
Veronica of V's Reads
Julie and Horatio meet by chance (or fate?) when Julie arrives to inspect the cottage she's just inherited from a distant relative. Horatio's father wants the property to demolish it--and build a parking lot for his nearby restaurant.

It's a bad beginning, but things soon turn around. Is it because it's kismet, or because of the magic imbued in Julie's new cottage? She's a college junior, ready to strike out on her own and build the life she always dreamed of, as a baker, not the dental career h
Charity
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 13 years, 2 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This books as wonderful! It was a great story about a woman who follows her dreams. She becomes a baker/witch who has many new friends.

My favorite part is the ending because Julie is going to try some match making with her boyfriend's sister and best friend.

I like how well the author portrays the characters.
Adriana
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
The Cupcake Witch was such a feel good novella that even though the romance was fast it didn;t bother me. It was a rather sweet romance with good-natured characters and some wonderfully delicious dessert imagery. I loved the concept of a cupcake witch or really a hearth witch. I'd love to see what else Poppy Lawless has in store. The only thing was - there wasn't any recipes!

Full review to come...
Brittany
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version
this is the second book in the chancellor series and I am in love!
poppy lawless makes you fall in love with the characters and never want to let them go.
the cupcake witch is no exception. another wonderful book by this author!

I will be sharing with my audiobook group!

starting book 3 now!

my favorite quote : "Nothing a magical cupcake couldn't solve "
Ren nerdychampagne
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review

I NEED TO READ THE ENTIRE SERIES NOW.

Check out my full review on the blog
Beckie
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon...
Selina
Ok. So, honestly, this was an awesome premise with an amazing cover. I was drawn in by that beautiful cover and hooked by the idea of a cupcake witch.

However, this story did not live up to my expectations or hopes. The writing was lacking for me, specifically in the very basic sentence structure, and I found it difficult to focus because it was so distracting. Besides the writing, the pacing was off. I know it's a shorter story (novella?), but it moved through things too fast, especially the rom
Izabella (Pages Full of Stars)
I don't know what is it about stories set in small towns, but I always end up really enjoying them. This little novella was a fluffy and feel-good type of read, and I really enjoyed it. The setting was wonderful, the characters were interesting and the plot was quite engaging as well, although predictable. The only downside that I noticed was the the romance plotline moved rather fast and felt like an insta-love. Otherwise, I wish that it would've been a full-size novel, because the author left ...more
Elysian Fields
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet, safe, and bewitching story. It is the story of a woman who inherits a store from her great aunt and in the process finds her purpose. There is a very light sprinkling of supernatural in this story, but it is done is a soft/light way. The story is about the woman: her journey, finding home, love, friendship, and passion. The magic is secondary, plays a supportive roll. I loved the use of cupcakes as the vehicle for her magic, it adds whimsy and sweetness. I will be reading the ot ...more
Ann
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cute little fun story about a girl Julie whose mom recently passed away from cancer. Her and her dad wanted her to go into dental practice as her occupation but Julie had other ideas she wanted to be a baker. Shortly after they received notice that her aunt had passed away and let her place to them. Dad wanted to sell it, until Julie seen it - she wanted it badly. after hassles her dad to let her keep it. She meets a man whose dad also wanted the property. Julie baked such delicious cupcake ev ...more
Donna
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cover/Title: The title is what drew me into this book. I love the idea of a cupcake witch.

Characters: I love this little town that Julie has found. The characters, for the most part, are so friendly.

Plot: I love the idea of using cupcakes to spread joy. The whole town just seems delightful.

Overall: This is a lovely story that will put a smile on your face. It is perfect for those days when you need something sweet and happy. I will be looking into more of this series.
Deonna
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story was captivating and I absolutely loved the recipes & cupcakes!! The cottage makes me want to live there or find one just like it! Written in a way that keeps the pages turning! A really sweet book I will read again!!
Neera Sawhney
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Cupcake Witch is a sweet, short story which pulls you into it's world. The town, the characters are all so interesting that i didn't want to let go. Cupcakes, magic, eccentric people, and a happening town... i look forward to more books in this series.
Sherry McWilliams
Received a copy of The Cupcake Witch for a review. I loved this story. A cute, clean romance that leaves a smile on your lips & a song in your heart. Such a sweet, sweet story. Poppy Lawless has become one of my favorite authors.
Elizabeth
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
It’s magically delicious

And now that I have the Lucky Charms jingle stuck in my head, let me tell you how sublime this was! My only complaint is that it was over too soon! I love this couple, this town, and this ending. I just want more!
Abbey
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put it down.

I am in awe of the authors talent to weave a web of magical enchantment. I was drawn in and totally engrossed in the wonderful happy place created. Twice now when I finish the book I had to go to Amazon and get the next one!
Goodreads Librari...: Page numbering request 3 11 Jan 09, 2018 04:42AM
  • Once Upon a Christmas Carol
  • In the Arms of the Dark Elf
  • The Kodiak Clan (Laid Bear, #2)
  • Alma's Mail Order Husband (Texas Brides #1)
  • Westward Dreams (Montana Mail Order Brides, #7)
  • Love in the Rockies (McKinnie Mail Order Brides, #2)
  • The High Sheriff of Huntingdon
  • An Earl Like No Other
  • Dragonfly Creek (Firefly Hollow, #3)
  • Neverland Academy
  • Captive Bride (The Ghost of Gwynedd Castle #1)
  • A Sea of Shields/A Reign of Steel/A Land of Fire (The Sorcerer's Ring, #10-12)
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #2)
  • A Path Toward Home
  • The Dragon Sisters (The Dragon Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#4)
  • Safer Outside (Outside Series #1)
  • The Claiming
Romance author. Cupcake connoisseur. Certified herbalist. Beach bum. Fan of all things Starbucks. Holistic healing advocate. Surfer girl wanna-be. Lost guru. Maker of dandelion wine. Counselor. Paranormal buff. Etsy addict. Secretly Jedi. So not a geek girl. Gifted in sarcasm. Hot wife. Ninja mom. And now, I'm ready to share a whole head full of witty, mouthy, smart, lovely, heart-warming, and hot ...more

The Chancellor Fairy Tales (3 books)
  • The Glass Mermaid (The Chancellor Fairy Tales, #1)
  • The Bee Charmer (The Chancellor Fairy Tales, #3)