Start by marking “The Ugliest Sweater (For the Love of Christmas!, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ugliest Sweater (For the Love of Christmas!, #1)

The Ugliest Sweater

(For the Love of Christmas! #1)

Dan’s favourite festive sweater is so ugly, it’s cost him not one but three boyfriends and sent him back to his parents’ place for the third Christmas in a row. About to give up hope of ever having a Christmas date, Dan meets Jake, a hot guy with a rock and roll edge. Jake is infatuated with Dan’s sweater but vanishes before Dan can decide if Jake is for real or really in ...more
Published December 14th 2015 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about The Ugliest Sweater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ugliest Sweater

Start your review of The Ugliest Sweater (For the Love of Christmas!, #1)
Julio Genao
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: holiday short enthusiasts
Shelves: novella
sweet, cute, and a little nuts.

just like i like 'em.

i'm growing to appreciate kevern's willingness to experiment. some of this is wickedly edge-case-scenario—kinda OTT, but not really, and kinda funny, but not utterly silly.

it wasn't a vignette by any means, but i think it needed more words. it felt like it wasn't long enough for the vaguely nutty things that go down in it to have room to breathe, or for the prose to develop beyond the scope of a series of conversations.

not counting that great
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
You can wear a Christmas sweater only if:

You look like this:

You're Adam Levine.

You're a cat.

OR you want to date Jake Boss, radio DJ extraordinaire, who is obsessed with all things Christmas, particularly Christmas sweaters, the uglier, the better.

Dan, fitness trainer and owner of The Most Hideous Christmas Sweater EVER, is Jake's walking wet dream.

"Can I blow you?"

Dan's brain short-circuited. He stared, sure he couldn't have heard what he thought he'd heard.

"That probably came out wrong,"
Meep
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: seasonal
Short, sweet, and way hotter than expected.
LOL - genuinely, which wasn't the best while in work ;)

Even for such a short story the characters are vivid and so damn likeable. The whole set-up amused me. It's a quick read with a lot packed into it, a big smile that left me happy.
SheReadsALot
3.5 Stars--I needed a book to decompress from the mental fucking I received from the last book I read...I still didn't know how to review it either. *mutters & looks off*

Anyway, this was the perfect book for that.

This book, this Jizzmas book? It's not my go-to-book. But what sold me was the author's infectious video and reading from her book that I had to add it to my wish list. And I'm so happy that I did.

It's fucking adorable!

It features Dan and his clueless yet awesomely hideous and
wesley
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it

3.5 stars rounded down. Although this is a bit too rainbows and butterflies for my liking, who can really resist a hot guy in an ugly Christmas sweater?

Bring on the holiday kink!

But yeah, this is a light story, albeit too light, with humor thrown here and there. Romantic, yes, but very cheesy...

"Unwrap yourself for me."

Cheesiest thing ever, right? But not when you're thinking of this:

sweater1

Then, more unwrapping if you must!

ok
Vivian
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Stranger things exist, I'm sure, but a story that fetishizes ugly Christmas sweaters is pretty wild. Oddball, but endearing.

You just need to believe... that there's someone that batshit crazy out there, which statistically speaking sounds very probable.
Samantha
Nov 26, 2015 marked it as to-read
-whistles innocently-

So I have a thing for Gillian. Just a little. Her words make me smile.

So I may have rec'd this to a bunch of people.

You're welcome.

-waddles on off-

ALSO. You should all watch her adorable video with the reading of an excerpt.
Here.
Tess
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday-romance

Hmm … can a shared love of ugly Christmas sweaters lead to true love?? Still not sure about that. This was pretty cute though.
* N aka
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

I think maybe I wasn't sure what to expect or I just wasn't in the mood for this type of story. Clearly I'm in the minority here, but this just really didn't work for me.

I found the whole premise sort of silly and ridiculous. And the way their romance started in Starbucks didn't seem very romantic to me.

The book may have worked for me if it was longer and the author had more time to develop the characters.

I'm glad most people are finding this cute and enjoyable. I'll just go put on
Ami
I first read Gillian St. Kevern last year with her contribution in "Don't Read in the Closet" event: The Case of the Insufferable Slave; I kinda enjoyed it (it has noir sense to it, which I like). I haven't read any of the two stories she wrote for the same event this year, though. Then I saw this book on the publisher's site, and well, I admit, the CUTE ADORABLE cover drove me to it. Yeah, it was one of those "I buy the book because of the cover" purchases.

This short had a fluffy meet-cute
anna (readingpeaches)
I wish the author 1) took the attention to details she displayed in the description of a blowjob in the very first chapter & applied it to all the other events in the story & 2) actually developed said story, since she had a cute idea for it, and fleshed-out the characters instead of just focusing on sex scenes
Lori
Nov 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I LOVE Christmas jumpers... I may have my own little collection! Ugly is half the aim! How can I not love a man who loves a Christmas jumper? Or a man who loves a man in a Christmas jumper?

A cute addition to my Christmas reading.

Ps. I adore the cover!
Bitchie
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a bit crackish, but really cute.
Raevyn
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A super sweet holiday tale. Really enjoyed the characters and the way they find love. :)
Bree Cheese
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorite-authors
A super sweet and sexy little short Christmas story! I'm so happy to finally be able to purchase one of Gillian's books. She has given too many of her books away for free!
Pixie
I too am shaking my head at my ability to like the sappiest Christmas stories of all time. If I had not already lost my “cool” status years ago, this would surely have done it.
Shannon
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm not sure I'd classify this as cute, although it kind of was. It's oddly endearing in its own little way.
It was also kind of confusing, as I felt like it jumped scenes at a couple points, or there was a scene or 2 missing. But it was an easy, quick read, for sure. So if you're looking for a little mindless Christmas entertainment this might be right up your alley.
FantasyLiving
4 Hearts

A copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

This was so much fun! I can totally relate to the content. While I don’t have an ugly Christmas sweater (Christmas is in summer here, and I live in a subtropical climate) I have a love-love relationship with tacky christmas stuff.

Dan’s boyfriend has just broken up with him over a sweater. A very festive, very ugly sweater. Of course he had a choice, the sweater or the boyfriend. He chose the sweater. If someone can’t love
Don Bradshaw
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
A cute Christmas short.
Quincunx
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a lovely piece of fluff just in time for the holiday season! At some points it read like an edgy comedy on HBO and although definitely steamy in several places, didn't stop me from reading it in the waiting room at the doctor's. Actually, the brevity makes it a great download for a smart phone.

The characters were cute and had interesting lives, so I'd love to see a sequel. Regardless, if you're in for some holiday spirit, grab some eggnog or cocoa and sit down somewhere toasty
Riina Y.T.
Why would anyone break up with their boyfriend because he decided to wear an ugly sweater? He's not even wearing it in summer, which would have been silly enough to earn him some stares and teasing, but winter, during Christmas, so... O___o

Seriously though, he was dumped 3 times in a row?
People staring at him like he's got a pair of antennas sticking out of his ears? People don't even look at me like that my hair is blue atm, I've got a mohawk too.

All that aside, I had hoped this would be
Lila Hunter
A different type of X-Mas story. I liked the characters and the unexpected situations. Great fetishes and smexy scenes. Fast paced with lots of potential for more.
Tinnean
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute, although very short, story. It would have been nice to learn more about Dan and Jake, and I'd have loved to see Aston's reaction when he realized the boyfriend he dumped because of that Christmas sweater now has a really cool boyfriend who loves his taste in all things Christmas.

And the reason why Dan bought that sweater is so sweet. It was a pleasant way to kill an hour. ;-)
Andrea D
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, funny and sexy
Jenn (not Lily)
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: winter-read
Lovely little story with two MCs who are utterly perfect for each other! I'll be reading the next in the series before the season is over!
namericanwordcat
This is a fun Christmas Romance. We get a nice love story but I would have loved more couple time as the heroes danced around each other a bit too much. Funny and charming overall.
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it

Fun, cute Christmas kink! :)

Serena Yates
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Christmas sweaters are a tradition in a few countries (they’re called Christmas jumpers in the UK), but the “ugly Christmas sweater” is, apparently, a relatively recent tradition. Brought to life by a couple of Hollywood celebrities in the 1980s and revived around 2001 to gain new heights by 2011 and onward, they can be defined as “a wooly pullover with questionable color mixing and patterns” – the gaudier the better. In this story set in London, Dan is a total ugly Christmas sweater fan, and he ...more
Hart_D
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cute and joyful holiday read. Both of the MCs are easy to like. There isn't a lot of character development, but the story does thoroughly explore the humorous premise. It's a fun and sexy short work. I definitely look forward to reading more by this author.

I'm really grateful to have discovered Nine Star Press this year. I've enjoyed all of their releases I have read, and the proofreading/editing is always excellent.

• Better Not Pout
  • Consorting With Dragons
  • The Huntsman (Blodwen Forest, #1)
  • The Succubus (Castle Rehm, #1)
  • How to Be a Normal Person (How to Be, #1)
  • Checking Out Love
  • The Christmas Throwaway
  • A Charmed Heart
  • Dewdrop
  • Two Parts Mistletoe
  • Test of Valor (Valor, #2)

For the Love of Christmas! (3 books)
  • Ibiza on Ice (For the Love of Christmas!, #2)
  • The Charity Shop Rejects Live in Concert (For the Love of Christmas!, #3)