Start by marking “Parched (Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd #1)” as Want to Read:
Parched (Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd #1)

Parched

(Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd #1)

After wandering the Earth for over 4,000 years, I, Waylon Blackman, thought I had seen it all…then a black aura crossed my path. As a wendigo, my life has been about nothing but greed and living with my curse, but the mysterious aura and the woman it belongs to send my world into a tailspin from the first second we meet. She gets under my skin and hypnotizes me with her se ...more
ebook
Published January 2016

To ask other readers questions about Parched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parched

Start your review of Parched (Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd #1)
Coco.V
Jan 03, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/3/2020)! 🎁
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
A red-hot read

The blurb wasn't joking when it warns about how steamy this book is! It's also a fun, fast-paced romp of a paranormal romance featuring a wendigo and a woman with a mysterious aura. If it has been a contemporary romance I might have felt the romance part was a little rushed. Since this is a paranormal romance, and I'm already letting go of what is believable, it really didn't bother me.

Waylon and Chastity are great characters, neither is quite whom (or what) they seem at first but
Lynn Thinking out loud
I am a paranormal lover. All things paranormal. This is my first book about a Wendigo. Forget everything you've ever read about a Wendigo. D.P. Payne puts an entirely different spin on things.
I loved Chastity and Waylon. But my all time favorite was Brutus. So expressive with those facial features.

I can't wait to read D.P.'s next book in this series.
Teresa Lara
Love Pnr Chas and Waylons destiny was
epic.Makes u crave for more of these too.
M.L.
Let me begin by saying that I went into this book COMPLETELY BLIND. Because it is only marked as 82 pages long by Amazon, I was afraid it was going to be a cliffhanger. But I was WRONG!—you get a great and complete story that packs a HUGE PUNCH!

Even now, writing this review, I am in awe.

Holy moly cannoli! My mind is still reeling and my heart is racing.

“You see, as long as man has existed, so has greed.”

This is such a fitting line for this book; from the greed for money to greed for ‘other thin
Marty Wilcox
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book! I was not expecting the twists and turns the author tossed into this book. It's on the edge of your seat reading and once I started I couldn't put it down!

The ending was a total surprise and I loved it. The author threw some Easter eggs in along the way but I was too caught up in the story to put them together.

Don't regret not reading this book, it's the perfect book to read with a cup of tea on a lazy afternoon. I cannot wait to read the next book in this series.
Fee96
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first D.P. Payne read and I am hooked!

I have shamelessly followed this author for a while and read all her other books. Kicking myself for not diving into this Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd series sooner!

Not going to lie - I was immediately intrigued! The whole concept of the Wendigo and the time period and even the geography all fascinated me. I visualized Waylon as walking sex on a stick in my head as I read this story. When the black aura catches his attention - holy hell
Viper Spaulding
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Completely unique, absolutely riveting PNR romance!

Long ago, Waylon's greed resulted in his being turned into a wendigo, an immortal being who appears human but feeds on the greed of others. A human's level of green is visible to him as an aura, ranging in color from green (good) to red (very greedy), so he looks for red auras. One night he discovers an aura so black he can't see the person inside unless they are touching.

He discovers that this aura belongs to Chastity, a woman so alluring
Roxs Reads
WHOA! My eyes have been opened! D.P. Payne does not hold back in Parched. A supernatural love story novella full of R-Rated, steamy sex scenes. It’s a quick read if you don’t have to stop and fan yourself off from the antics these two get themselves into.

Being a wendigo, basically a supernatural, immortal being, Waylon has the stamina and the ‘equipment’ to satisfy even the most hungry of women. He has met his match with Chastity, a girl who has sunk herself into his soul with her sexual appetit
Lynn Reynolds
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Waylon Blackman loves pleasure in many forms. He shows us how quickly life as we know it can change. His predicament shows that patience sometimes pays off. This book was the perfect way to start off this series because if you get hooked here then you will want to check out the rest of the series.

This is a great showcase to show the author’s creativity. Being tagged as a fantasy, the sky’s the limit – she may just have reached subspace. She goes the extra mile by turning up the
Tiffany Harding
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stop what you're doing and read this book now!

I wasn't prepared for this book! I've read Spirited which is the third book in D.P. Payne's Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd series and loved it. So I didn't bother reading the description, I mean the title of the book is Parched and there are a set of lips and teeth on the cover so it must be about vampires! Right? Wrong!
Just when I thought I had the story figured out and knew where the author was headed next here would come another little t
Reading Addict
Well this was a different kind of paranormal book for me. Parched is written from first person POV and that person is Waylon. It takes place in the present but he has been around for over 4,000 years. I'm not going to try to explain it because it's quite detailed but leave it to say that he's got some supernatural abilities. One night when out clubbing and hunting for his type of prey he sees something that in his 4,000+ years he's never encountered. That something turns out to be Chastity and s ...more
Coccibelle
Wtf a little over the top erotica

This was a little crazy, a woman addicted to eating sperm... 🤮 And I don't understand why wendigo are complaining about their life, they live forever, they are filthy rich, young, beautiful, giant down there 🍆... Ok it's the pain-deal-thing every time they feed from a greedy person and its their job to feed from the greediness of the most greedy persons. But still, it does not seem so difficult for all the perks mentioned before.

For a short story, there is still
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

D.P. Payne comes out swinging with her first book. I am a huge paranormal reader and I enjoyed this one.

We get a wendigo named Waylon and everything is from his point of view, which I really enjoyed. Waylon is hungry and finds a woman with an aura that is black. Never before has anyone heard of it. But Waylon wants her, not for it but for her.

This is a great novella and was happy to read it.
Bourbon, Books, and Brenda
Funny, sexy and Over the Top

So if you read the blurb....and are ready for something fun and different, this is your book. It was light, short, funny and definitely not serious. Want some sexy supernatural, here you go. Need something to break up those dark reads, this the perfect get away. I had so much fun reading this book and will read the rest in the series.
LLS
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty unique story. As a reader, paranormal story lines are not my go to genre. However, that being said, I really enjoyed reading it. The author gives you a good explanation of the mythology behind the characters and I found it easy to follow along. The story was fun and humorous at the same time.

Thank you for the privilege of reading this book! ❤️
Sabrina Samples
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not how I expected the story to go! But in such a good way. I love the twists and turns through every chapter. If you are looking for a paranormal, supernatural book that includes some sexy as hell scenes this is one you must read!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A new and different sexy as hell paranormal romance. I enjoyed the different creatures and the legend/myth was presented. I would’ve like to see more of a relationship between the characters other then lust and sex. But if you love steamy PNR shorts then this is a must read for you!
Mrs D
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This book has me feeling anything but parched! I am drooling here over the heat and intensity of the relations between Chasity and Waylon! Wow the story is a myth I’m not entirely familiar with but something I definitely enjoyed reading!
Pat
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not my normal genre, however, I was pulled right into this story from the very first page! The great character and storyline development kept me totally enthralled throughout the entire book! I look forward to reading more from this author!
Misti Sonntag
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wowza! I’m usually not a fan of this kinda story. But let me tell you I was sucked in and read it cover to cover in one sitting. Thanks for a great one. Can’t wait to read the next one. If you are on the fence, just read it y’all! You won’t regret it. I loved it.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Waylon and Chastity sure made quite a messed up pair! Their immediate insta-lust was raunchy and hot, but their real inner selves made their story sexy sweet. This was a fairly quick read, but it was panty-melting hot with a good paranormal element to it.
Shirley Klohr-Ricci
A light to overcome the darkness

Beautiful emotional sexy romantic story of how sadness,trust, and love can change forever into a dream! Loved this book thanks for the incredible adventure ❤️❤️
Kristy Odom
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so different from anything I’ve read before, but I really liked it. Waylon was tasked to find people that were consumed in greed. In the service of that he finds Chastity. I loved how much he cared about her. I loved that he wanted desperately to help her. Diana was the twist they both needed. 💙
Christina
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHOA!!! I was not prepared for what I just read! Parched is a quick, sexy mind blowing book. You may just need a cold shower after reading it.
Dena
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense

This story was so out there that I had to laugh and be disgusted at the same time. The sexual content was hot and steamy. I liked the characters they were intense.
Bree Howland
Assured is right... Wtf lol
Becky
Feb 14, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jill
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parched is a great debut story by D.P. Payne. It was well written and for a paranormal story with supernatural creatures that I had no clue what they were, Payne did a great job explaining the folklores behind her characters. And I love how she mixed more than one lore into her story.

Parched has some great twists that just drew you into the story more. I can't wait to see what else D.P. Payne comes up with, because Parched definitely fit the series name of Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurb
GOOD REVIEWS: COVER REVEAL SIGN-UP & ARC/REVIEWER OPTION 1 10 Dec 09, 2015 10:04AM

• The Boyfriend Experience
  • Hot Nights Winter Lights
  • Fur Verona
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • The Boyfriend Blog
  • Savage Collision (Hawke Family #1)
  • The Penalty Box (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #3)
  • The Study Group
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • Christmas Package
  • The Dare
  • Anchor Point (The Inland Seas #4)
  • Highest Bidder
  • Puck Me Secretly (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #1)
  • Master Baker
  • Hosed (Happy Cat, #1)
  • Niccolaio Andretti (The Five Syndicates, #2)
  • Everly Dalton's Dating Disasters (Dirty Martini Running Club #0.5)

Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd (4 books)
  • Cursed (Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd, #2)
  • Spirited (Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd, #3)
  • Loched (Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd #4)

News & Interviews