Start by marking “Parched (Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd #1)” as Want to Read:
Parched (Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd #1)

Parched (Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd #1)

After wandering the Earth for over 4,000 years, I, Waylon Blackman, thought I had seen it all…then a black aura crossed my path. As a wendigo, my life has been about nothing but greed and living with my curse, but the mysterious aura and the woman it belongs to send my world into a tailspin from the first second we meet. She gets under my skin and hypnotizes me with her se ...more
Published January 2016

To ask other readers questions about Parched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parched

Feb 14, 2016 Reba rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Marty Wilcox
Jan 07, 2016 Marty Wilcox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book! I was not expecting the twists and turns the author tossed into this book. It's on the edge of your seat reading and once I started I couldn't put it down!

The ending was a total surprise and I loved it. The author threw some Easter eggs in along the way but I was too caught up in the story to put them together.

Don't regret not reading this book, it's the perfect book to read with a cup of tea on a lazy afternoon. I cannot wait to read the next book in this series.
Verlene Landon
Dec 22, 2015 Verlene Landon rated it it was amazing
I adored this story. Just the right amount of over the top, mixed with 'new' (to me anyway) lore and three dashes hot, hot, hot. I enjoyed how much development fit in so few words and a story that kept me invested. The best part for me was a certain weird humor/snark that I felt throughout the story, I love shit like that.
I am definitely a D.P. fangirl.
Let me begin by saying that I went into this book COMPLETELY BLIND. Because it is only marked as 82 pages long by Amazon, I was afraid it was going to be a cliffhanger. But I was WRONG!—you get a great and complete story that packs a HUGE PUNCH!

Even now, writing this review, I am in awe.

Holy moly cannoli! My mind is still reeling and my heart is racing.

“You see, as long as man has existed, so has greed.”

This is such a fitting line for this book; from the greed for money to greed for ‘other thin
Fierce & Fabulous Book Diva
Jan 04, 2016 Fierce & Fabulous Book Diva rated it it was amazing
Parched #1 is phenomenal! Engaging from beginning to end. D.P.'s writing style is fun and witty - she will make you laugh, swoon and have you fanning yourself all at the same time. Parched #1 is refreshingly different and definitely written outside the box - which I LOVE! I cannot wait to read more from D.P. Payne.
Jan 18, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parched is a great debut story by D.P. Payne. It was well written and for a paranormal story with supernatural creatures that I had no clue what they were, Payne did a great job explaining the folklores behind her characters. And I love how she mixed more than one lore into her story.

Parched has some great twists that just drew you into the story more. I can't wait to see what else D.P. Payne comes up with, because Parched definitely fit the series name of Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurb
Emily Gould
Jan 21, 2016 Emily Gould rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Other than knowing this was a paranormal story I went in blind and really enjoyed it.
Greed consumes people in different ways.
Waylon is a Wendigo and survives on the greed of people. When he comes across a black aura he is completely consumed into finding out who this aura belongs to and what is causing it to go black.
I have to say the type of greed Chastity suffers from is very unique.
Great read!
Jan 04, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Contemporary romance is my favorite genre, so reading anything relating to the supernatural or absurd is totally not my thing. But at the urging of a close friend I picked up Parched, and I'm glad I did. It hooked me immediately. It’s a well-written, fast, hella hot, reasonably absurd love story that I really enjoyed. I'll definitely read future books by this author.
Jan 08, 2016 Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot as Hell!!!

Parched is a great debut story by DP Payne! I love paranormals & this was a scorching hot, fun, yet slightly "absurd" tale...and once I started I couldn't put it down! DP did a great job establishing the mythology & the characters were very well written (I loved Brutus).

I can't wait to read what DP Payne writes next!
Stephanie Nett
Dec 22, 2015 Stephanie Nett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
If you're interested in a fun, absurd, laugh-out-loud riot of a book, then this is one you NEED to read. D.P. amazed me with her ingenuity and completely took me off my guard. I was NOT expecting what I read, but I loved every minute of it! Dirty, raunchy, and hot as hell....this is a read you cannot miss!
Star Kava
Dec 19, 2015 Star Kava rated it it was amazing
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! Not only is this book incredibly sexy, the plot is well thought out, and the story is engaging. SMART, funny, sexy and refreshing. Looking forward to the next installment.
Dec 20, 2015 lovestoread rated it it was amazing
Sweep me off my feet! Absurd for sure, but I loved it. I liked how the characters were human...vice and greed! Payback is a bitch & Wow, he became such a nice guy - only took 4,000+ years! So looking forward to Cursed!
Dec 30, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
An awesome read & original story! I loved it & can't wait to see what else this author comes up with!! If you want something interesting & original this is for you!
Tia Nichele
Jan 04, 2016 Tia Nichele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I freaking loved this book! I couldn't stop reading till I reached the end! Can't wait to read book 2! 5 Stars from me!
Jan 31, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gives "Good to the last drop" a whole new meaning hehe. This story was hot to last word. Can't wait to read more from D.P. Payne and this series.
Celestina Torres
Jan 22, 2016 Celestina Torres rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was my first supernatural type book so I did not know what to expect, but I liked the storyline and can't wait to read the second book.
Dec 29, 2015 Annette rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! It's hot, sexy, raunchy, and once I started it I couldn't put it down. You have to be opened minded to read it but it's so worth it!! I can't wait for the second book!!
Maryann Gestwicki
Sep 04, 2016 Maryann Gestwicki rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! HOLY S***!! The first paragraph made me keep reading this book. I can't stop reading every single line of this book. for those who haven't read it yet, You better get reading. D.P Payne, a few of your lines & puns make me giggle. I can imagine being Chasity as Mr. Blackman becomes my god of FIRE. Naughty has a new whole meaning in my dictionary. So, looking forward to reading Cursed after this. This book needs to be a movie series, STAT!!!!
Ann rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Holly Marsh
Holly Marsh marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Mona williams
Mona williams marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Sandi Neace
Sandi Neace marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Dana Dickinson Naylor
Dana Dickinson Naylor marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Judy Robertson
Judy Robertson marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Christine marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Nikki marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Ilene added it
Apr 26, 2016
Nina marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Debbie marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016