Start by marking “The Unbraiding of Anna Brown (Lone Star Love Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Unbraiding of Anna Brown (Lone Star Love Book 2)

The Unbraiding of Anna Brown

(Lone Star Love #2)

Anna wanted a job but was unprepared for the emotional labor she would endure when she convinced Carter to hire her to keep house and mind his small son after the death of his wife. She discovers that the gentle, teasing demeanor she’d witnessed from the cowboy previously has been buried along with his wife, forcing her to contend with the glowering, ill-tempered man who s ...more
Published November 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Unbraiding of Anna Brown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unbraiding of Anna Brown

Start your review of The Unbraiding of Anna Brown (Lone Star Love Book 2)
Scarlet Fanning
Nalin died leaving Carter with their three year-old son Patrick. Carter was lost in grief. The house was stuffy and filthy. Carter and his son were unwashed and sour smelling. Neighbors continued to bring food. Anna Brown and her sisters had often been watched as children by Nalin and Carter. Anna was 17 now and came to Carter's home for a job as cook and housekeeper.

Carter was quiet and angry in his grief, but Anna put the house in shape and cooked full meals for the family. Though Carter was
Kathy Heare Watts
FROM GRIEF TO HEALING, TO LOVE

I loved this sweet story that starts out with grief and trying just to deal with the death of his wife. Carter only exists, mostly because of his son, Paddy. Seventeen-year-old Anne Brown, the neighbor’s daughter, come bringing eggs and offers to work taking care of the house, cooking and Paddy so Carter can return to his ranch work.

Anne is a bit naive, outspoken and comes from a house where they talk and share and is so determined to pull Carter out of his stupor
Amber Fueston
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I almost didn't read this one because I disliked the first one so much. I am so glad I decided to give it a shot. Lets start with the story. Even though Carter still made a few fumbles in this one he was a lot less confusing and dim witted. I LOVED Anna! She is a no nonsense girl who knows what she wants. She was a lot more likable than Nalin. It doesn't take long at all after Carter hires her to work for him for the two of them to start having feelings for one another though, the story doesn't ...more
BJ
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
The H is older than the h, grieving the the loss of his wife. The h offers to be his housekeeper, and care for his son - he's oblivious to her at first. The time line is great, as there is a significant amount of time given to his grief, and her growth as she is much younger than him. He's dominant, and she's sweetly sassy, and the only reason is wasn't 5 stars was that the steam was way too light and way too late. It felt very tentative and I thought both characters deserved better. ...more
Patty
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW is all I can say. This book started out a little sad for me, the circumstances that Anna came into Carter's life were a shock to me. But as we get to know Anna, though young, you can't help but be drawn to her. She has compassion and love and makes Carter's house back into a home. Patty(Patrick) is adorable too, loving the little boy. Though her senior by 12 years, Carter recognizes all her qualities and falls for her. There are a few twists and turns and hot spankings, leaving you will all ...more
Libby Campbell
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with sexy, stern Carter Barnes in The Submissive Suffragette so it was easy to immerse myself in his world again. His beloved Nalin, a strong intelligent woman who challenged him at every step, has died and Unbraiding opens with him in a stupor of pain and grief.
Enter the sweet, quietly efficient Anna Brown who comes to act as housekeeper and cook for him and his son Paddy. Hardworking, determined-to-please Anna is a winning heroine whose need for attention and recognition from Ca
Cindy
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was easy, quick, and fast paced book that I loved. It starts out sad with Carter, one of the main character, having lost his wife leaving him to raise a young son by himself and keep their ranch running. That is when Anna, the other main character, comes knocking at Carter's door looking for a job. It is wonderful how Anna pulls Carter out of his depression and back thinking about his son and also about her along the way. I very much enjoyed reading this book and hope the author has mo ...more
Monique Dillon
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved how the author Amelia helped create full characters by bringing into the story-line scenes from the past that helped to shape the depth and history behind the characters interactions. It really gave depth and perspective. In addition to some drama there was also a nice tense action scene as well that helped stir the pot.

I have to admit the title of the story was very confusing and I kept trying to figure it out but it all made sense at the end of the story. I loved the moment when it al
Windsong
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Carter and Anna

This is a lovely sweet story about Carter who has lost his wife and Anna, the neighbor young lady who offers to care for him, the house and Paddy his son.
There is a couple of spankings well done and deserved, a growing love between the two, and some twists and turns to make it exciting.
The characters were well developed and the sex was limited to the last scene.
A great story.
Suzie
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anna is a perfect ray of sunshine that chases away the dark depression Carter carries in his heart over the death of his late wife. He can’t seem to shake the misery until Anna’s playful nature brightens his life and home. Her devotion to him and his young son gives him reason to love again, but she is young and has some growing up to do. They both have lessons to learn in love and communication.
Gigi Laroux
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this love story. It is well written with an interesting plot. Anna is such a great character and she and Carter have good chemistry. I loved the slow burn as Anna slowly broke through Carter’s defenses. Anna was just what this broken family needed and her scenes with Carter’s son Paddy were so sweet. Good discipline scenes administered with love. Anna and Carter don’t always see eye to eye but eventually they do get their happy ending. I recommend this story.
Pico1
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a well-written novella with two likable main characters and a good story of meeting, learning about one another, and ultimately falling in love. Both Anna and Carter are believable characters, and the story develops in a pleasant way – with some problems along the way – and with a believable resolution to the problems in the end. I look forward to other books by the same author.
Laurel
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a real page turner. Anna tried being sweet to Carter but he stayed withdrawn. One day Anna lost it and told him off which brought him out of his depression. With love and spanking things turned around and Carter realized how much he loved Anna.lovely story.
Dulcie Taylor
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Anna is budding into womanhood just as her cowboy awakens from grief. A beautiful story with well developed characters. Innocence blooms into passion between these two wonderful protagonists. Very well told and definitely worth reading! Five well deserved stars for Amelia Smarts!
SH
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet romance

This was a very sweet western romance. Carter had a tragedy in his life but Anna came, unexpectedly, to his rescue. Their romance blooms and it's lovely.
Pamela
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I adored Carter and Anna and thier journey together. This book was just the right mix of what I love in a good romance novel and it will definitely be joining my re-read list.
ajjmb
Dec 20, 2015
Susan
Jan 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Old Fashioned Christmas (A Traditional Family Book 1)
  • Dark Throne (Russo Royals, #2)
  • The Fixer (Chicago Bratva #2)
  • Stolen by the Zandian (Zandian Brides #7)
  • Paisley (Alpha Marked, #6)
  • Celebrating it All
  • Celebrating it All (Punishment Pit Book 8)
  • Marriage by Mail (Big Rock Romance, #1)
  • Deputy's Dilemma
  • Her Old-Fashioned Hero (A Traditional Family Book 2)
  • Dark Crown (Russo Royals, #1)
  • Effie (The Marriage Market Book 3)
  • Suzanna (The Marriage Market Book 4)
  • Martha (The Marriage Market Book 5)
  • Grace (The Marriage Market Book 2)
  • A Badge in Big Rock (Big Rock Romance, #2)
  • The Lark and the Bull
  • Big Rock Rescue
Amelia Smarts is a USA Today bestselling author of fast-paced, steamy western romances with dominant cowboys, Dom/sub discipline, and heartwarming HEAs. Amelia holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in creative writing and English. She loves to read, which allows her writing to be influenced by many different genres in addition to romance, including mystery, adventure, history, and suspense. To ...more

Lone Star Love (3 books)
  • The Submissive Suffragette (Lone Star Love Book 1)
  • Missy Meets the Marshal (Lone Star Love Book 3)

News & Interviews