Start by marking “Notes & Roses (Stanford Creek, #1)” as Want to Read:
Notes & Roses (Stanford Creek, #1)

Notes & Roses

(Stanford Creek #1)

Cody is running from the ghosts of his past. Will Megan's love be enough for him to make a stand?

With his stalker behind bars, former boy band singer CJ Taylor is starting a new life. He’s bought a house in a small Vermont town, and taken back the name he was born with. Two years have passed since he was last in the public eye and as Cody Brennan, he’s finally feeling saf
ebook
Published February 26th 2016 by Love Lane Books Limited

To ask other readers questions about Notes & Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notes & Roses

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Notes and Roses (Stanford Creek #1)
by Rozenn Scott
A Review by Ang at PNR Book Lover Reviews

Received Arc for an Honest Review

“He's running from the past...but will he make a stand for love?”

Notes and Roses was a great story, characters have beautiful chemistry.
Megan and Cody learn to love, live and let go of their past hurts.

I did enjoy this story, it was written beautifully. I found this to be a heart-warming story with a side of creeper. I can’t go into the story more, as it will give away too
Nerea
DNF 35% ~ I really wanted to read this cause I love RJs MM books. But sadly discover it has two of my less liked things :
** Insta-attraction
** Vaderretro musician character

No rate.

United Indie Book Blog
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Notes and Roses is CJ and Megan’s story and it is a story worth reading. This is a powerful story of love and overcoming the fear to put you heart in the hands of someone else. CJ is looking for peace and a new start what he doesn’t expect is to find Megan. Megan is definitely not looking for love when she meets CJ, yet the heart wants what it wants and that just happen to be the man that landed on her doorstep.
Cj and Megan story will draw you end and reading it in one sitting like I did. Once
Stephanie  Mae
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a very sweet love story. It was almost innocent in a way. Both characters came across to me as much younger than they are, it seemed like a YA book instead of a contemporary romance. Both characters are very likable and suit each other well.

Cody is hiding out in the small town trying to discover who he really is now that he is moving on with his life. Megan is the small town girl who intrigues him and likes him for who he is without knowing anything of his past. There were a few comment
Sue bowdley
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, m-f
OK.....So after two years of reading m/m i decided to read an m/f....why?....well because this ones written by Rj Scott and if you've read her m/m books you will understand why I took a chance on this.....I just could not put this down.....I absolutely loved this book....Cody was so lost after everything that happened to him and when he stumbled into Notes and Roses....Megan and Rachels shop you could just see that this was going to be a slow romantic coupling......Megan I truly loved......She w ...more
Badass Bloggettes
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Notes & Roses by RJ Scott is book 1 in her Stanford Creek series. It is a very sweet small town romance that takes place in Stanford Creek, Vermont. Stanford Creek is one of those quaint little towns where everyone knows everyone else except during tourist season when all the visitors come to town.

It didn’t take long for me to become a fan of the main characters. Megan Campbell is an entrepreneur who owns Notes & Roses, a florist and stationery store with her cousin Rachel. Megan is an
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a sweet, small town, hearts and roses romance. The first book in a series about Stanford, a picturesque small town in Vermont, this is the story of a runaway boy band member and the local florist. The setting is quaint, the characters are quirky and charming and the story is very sweet.

Cody had my attention the moment he arrived bearded and bloody in Megan’s shop. The traumatised recluse is fascinating and ultimately ve
Megan | A Page to Turn
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First book in the series and my first book by Scott. I really enjoyed the pacing in the story, and even though it was a quick romance, it didn't feel quick. It's felt completely believeable and I loved that about Scott's style of writing. There was a good bit of romance, a tad bit of steam, and an exciting amount of mystery! A very well-rounded novel! Can't wait for book two to release this summer!

We meet the owners of Notes & Roses early on since they are the main focus of the book, Megan
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Megan and Cody learn new things together as life seems to put them together and life is what you make of it. Megan was not so sure this stranger was what she needed in her life. Cody just wanted to stay out of the spotlight and write his music. He thought moving to a small town in Vermont would make things a bit easier. That was until he ran into all he could want in life but all he had no desire to have.

Life has a way of showing you that you are not the one in charge. As quite small town Vermo
Carly
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I adored Megan. She's curious, compassionate, sexy and spirited. Stanford Creek is nearly a mirror image of where I grew up and a spot-on rendition of small town life. The slightly overwhelming sense of community that drives Megan's interactions with her family and friends made me laugh out loud.

Cody is sweet, slightly awkward, a bit secretive and, despite the unusual circumstances surrounding their first meeting, is instantly smitten by Megan. That being said, I felt as if something was missing
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
Cody Bennett is hiding; hiding in plain sight in Stanford Creek, Vermont.  He was once CJ Taylor, member of the boy band Hudson Hart.  After several devastating incidents in both his personal and professional life, he quit the band and left his whole life behind.  He meets Megan Campbell, part owner of Notes & Roses, when he wanders into the store after injuring himself and proceeds to pass out and bleed all over her floor.  Once he begins to get his feet back under him, he decides to create ...more
Andrea
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a gem of a read Notes and Roses by Rozenn Scott was. It was the perfect read for me on this chilly afternoon. Notes and Roses is a beautiful name and would make a great name for a love song! Author, Rozenn Scott, has written a beautiful and heart warming story, with a side of stalker. Megan and her cousin, Rachel, own Notes and Roses, a small florist with stationery, post cards, etc. Having three older brothers myself, I was constantly laughing over the protectiveness of Megan's two brother ...more
Lisa
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book is the perfect sweet love story to curl up with on a rainy day. This is my first read by Rozenn Scott and it won't be the last it was well written with lovable characters and a little mystery in there too.

Megan, co-owner of Notes & Roses, is a sweet, caring woman with 2 very overprotective big brothers. When a stranger wanders into her shop bleed asking where the notes are Megan just needs to make sure he is ok.

Cody is a former
Laura  Redmon
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Besides Notes and Roses being a beautiful name, Author Rozenn Scott has written a beautiful and heart warming story.

Megan is the owner, alongside her cousin Rachel, of Notes and Roses. Its a little Florist/stationary shop that sounds amazing. Megan has two overprotective brothers and a male cousin always keeping a close eye on her.

CJ Tyler, now Cody Brennan, use to be in a boy band. After a stalker incident and several other reasons, he quit the band and went running to hide.

When these two meet,
Sarah Dale
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first book from the author and I will certainly be reading their other books.

This was quite a sweet, insta-love romance. It's a really nice easy read that keeps you turning the pages from start to finish. There is a small mystery in the story and some small drama but this adds to the appeal of keeping you hooked.

It's defiantly more of a romance then sex which I liked and made a nice change.

Really enjoyed the other characters in the story too, Megan's cousins Rachel and Kyle, her br
LeeAnn
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautifully written love story. Megan and Cody's first meeting may not have gone the best, he covered in blood collapsing on the floor of her floral shop and she terrified , because , let's face it , he does look kinda rough. But soon their attraction grows and...well I will not give away what happens. Just going to say this was a great story and I read it in one sitting. There is a bit of danger lurking. Some persistent people and well meaning and loving family and friends.
So do your
Erzabet Bishop
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh this one is a page turner. You won't want to put it down and you sure as heck are going to want a long, tall glass of iced...well, anything. *grin* This is a beautiful story and the start to a great series.

Bravo. Great read.
ButtonsMom2003
This was the first M/F story I’ve read by RJ Scot (it was previously published under her Rozenn Scott pen name which she has decided to retire). Like her M/M stories that I am very familiar with, this one contains her wonderful way with words that make me feel like I’m part of the story.

Former pop star, CJ (Cody) Taylor is starting over and leaving life in the spotlight. He retreats to a small town in Vermont and makes his debut in town in a way he never imagined and in the process, meets Megan
TRISH BROWN
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Notes and Roses - ( Book 1) Stanford Creek Series M/F

Rj Scott has certainly hit the right note and tone with her first book in the Stanford Creek Series.

This is a HEA story between Cody and Megan. I thought it was well written with grit and drama in between.

I enjoyed this book for the above reasons but Rj also incorporated the other characters from future books in the Stanford Creek Series rather cleverly I thought as this book, could then be read as a Standalone although much better when in the
Helena Stone
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been some time since I last read an M/F romance. Not so much because I’ve suddenly fallen out of love with the genre, but more because I was trying to catch up with the new to me M/M genre. Notes and Roses was a wonderful book to take me back to my (reading) roots.

The story hooked from the start when a bleeding, bearded man stumbles in the shop run by Megan Campbell and her cousin Rachel, and collapses. Despite his dishevelled appearance and the potential thread he might be, Megan can’t d
E.
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Notes & Roses” by Rozenn (RJ) Scott is the first book in the ‘Stanford Creek’ series and follows CJ (Cody) Taylor, who has retreated from the limelight after a horrific experience with a stalker. His unconventional meeting with Megan Campbell makes him determined to overcome her first impression and cautiously attempt to resume a normal life. Unfortunately, history seems determined to repeat itself, and the danger that escalates may take a fatal turn.

This contemporary romantic suspense stor
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Notes and Roses is the first book in the Stanford Creek series, and tells the story of Megan - younger sister and cousin of some very protective males - and Cody - known in the past as CJ who has his own demons. This is a very romantic book, with a couple of steamy scenes to help it along the way, not that it really needs them! Everyone has a past, but when that past continues into the present, then it can become troublesome.

I loved how the attraction was instantaneous between Cody and Megan, a
Romantic Reads and Such
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so surprised when I realized that I’d already gotten to the end of this book. The story held me captive and I just kept turning pages as quickly as I could!

For all of the secrets and problems that these two have, the story is pretty simple. They meet, have a connection and start dating. There isn’t a lot of emotional drama or setbacks for them. Megan handles it well when she finds out Cody’s secrets. He’s had a rough couple of years and is understandably wary (and weary), but he’s not a ba
Kina
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I give this book 5 hearts

Want a cozy, sweet, hot, sexy romance with a little bit of stalker crazy thrown in then this is your book :)
I loved it... Megan can't get his eyes out of her head the beautiful piercing blue of the man that wandered in and then collapsed in her floral shop.
Cody has no idea who she is but he can't forget the face of the woman he saw before blacking out and waking up at the hospital.
Cody has secrets he is desperate to tell Megan but fear is holding him back dark memori
Susan
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very well written beautiful love story. Megan and her cousin own a flower shop and enjoy their life in a small town. Cody is from the big city trying to escape a crazy past and start over. Cody finds himself on the floor of a florist shop bleeding and close to passing out. At the hospital as he recovers he is haunted by the image of Megan and when she comes to visit he is so attracted to her and wants to get to know her better. Megan is mesmerized by his stunning blue eyes and and after he cle ...more
Melanie S
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Loved this story! It's a sweet and heartwarming romance, full of small-town charm and warmth. Both Cody and Megan have an endearing innocent quality about them, which might explain why neither sees David for what he truly is. All the secondary characters ooze support and caring -which may be unrealistic, and a little overdone, but it reinforces the tone of the book. No one writes tender love stories like RJ Scott, so if you want a feel-good read with HEA plus the promise of more in the series, g ...more
Stacy Aube
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for a honest review. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

A mesmerizing read. Megan has 2 overly protective brother's, that makes dating almost impossible. Then enters Cody Brennan former boy band star. There was something that drew them together, could this be it or will the brothers keep them apart.

This was a great story. Can't wait for Danby and Rachel's story!
Brandy
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book!! Just a great book. Sometimes that's all to say this is one of those books. When someone is trying to heal from all kind of problems, and some just crazy ex's. Some people are suppose to be together and fates put them together in a romantic tale with hits of problems to make it interesting. Great start to a series can't wait for the next one.
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great small town romance. A good read.

Full review on Badass Bloggettes. http://badassbloggettes.blogspot.com/...

momokaachan
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Well, hey! Ms. Scott can do a m/f romance, and very nicely :)
« previous 1 3 next »
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her

Stanford Creek (4 books)
  • Love & Hope (Stanford Creek, #2)
  • Snow & Secrets (Stanford Creek, #3)
  • Lust and Lies