Start by marking “My Wild Irish Dragon (Boston Dragons, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Wild Irish Dragon (Boston Dragons, #2)

My Wild Irish Dragon

(Boston Dragons #2)

ONE JOB OPENING
TWO SHIFTERS APPLY...
SPARKS FLY
Dragon shifter Chloe Arish is hell-bent on becoming a Boston firefighter. She uses her Irish charm and fake documents to score an interview, knowing she has to work every bit as hard as a man-harder if she wants their respect.

Born into a legendary Boston firefighting family, phoenix shifter Ryan Fiero can't possibly let someone
Published September 6th 2016 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about My Wild Irish Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Wild Irish Dragon

Start your review of My Wild Irish Dragon (Boston Dragons, #2)
Madison Warner Fairbanks
My Wild Irish Dragon by Ashlyn Chase

2nd book in the Boston Dragon series. Can be read as a standalone.
Chloe is a dragon and Ryan is a phoenix in the city of Boston. Both start out in competition for a firefighter position but their attraction to each other has them thinking kissing is better than fighting. Now they just need to tame all their paranormal friends and family to their version of happiness.

Paranormal fun and silliness. Although with a phoenix, you know there is going to be a death
Dianne
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Could it sound any more perfect? A secret dragon shifter and a secret phoenix shifter, both vying for the job in the same fire department without giving away their true natures. Tension between Chloe and Ryan runs as hot as the flames Chloe can spew and the flames Ryan can be re-born through, and that’s before the alarm has sounded. To call Chloe competitive and determined would be an understatement, but Ryan must uphold the proud legacy his firefighting family has created in Boston.

Now, they c
Beth
A dragon shifter, Chloe, and a phoenix shifter, Ryan, both want the newest opening on the Boston Fire Department. Neither knows the other's nature but sparks truly do fly when they are competing for the same position.

Ryan becomes very protective of Chloe, while Chloe is set against ever having a relationship due to her perfect match having impossible diamond eyes. She fights the attraction toward Ryan but he methodically breaks down her walls.

This story is flat out fun. Cute and endearing roman
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

My Wild Irish Dragon was a delightful read.

Chloe and Ryan both want the same job at the safe fire station, but only one position is open. This leads to the two competing for the position. But, the chief finds funding to hire both since both are so well qualified. You think they would stop their competition now that both got the job, but their rivalry continues. Soon they learn to respect the other, become friends, and fall for one another. The banter and humor was enjoyable between these two. T
Tifferz
4 Stars, 3 Flames
A dragon and phoenix go head to head and have a semi-friendly competition when applying for the same firefighting job. Ryan thinks he deserves as oldest in his family where firefighting is in their blood; whereas Chloe feels like she deserves the chance as she has worked just as hard as any man. Ryan thinks Chloe should be doing office work as her petite size could never compare to a man’s strength. Chloe begins to show what she is worth and Ryan is awed and feels his protective
Maria Itliong
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read-books
I love this book and I can't wait for the next one... Love Chloe and Ryan's story hopefully it will be Conlan's book or one of his brothers.... This was an amazing book and I enjoyed reading it... ...more
Jess
I found some of the world building in this perplexing (the Mother Nature thing is baaaaad, but maybe it's fully explicated in the first book in the series), but if I had to read a non-mammal shifter this was kind of fun. I would have actually have liked to have seen the shifter element play more into the plot earlier in the book, because it's talked around a lot, but it's not until maybe the last quarter that it plays a huge role in the book. ...more
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Next up in the Boston Dragons series is My Wild Irish Dragon, the romance of a phoenix shifter and a lovely Irish dragon both vying for the same position with the Boston firefighters.

Chloe is determined to fill that open spot. Oh, these guys might think that she’s too small, too lightweight to be able to do the job. That’s fine, let them think what they will, she knows the inner strength of her dragon can outmatch them all, and then some. But it’s always fun to watch
Darcy
Aug 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, 2016, pnr, shifters, rw
When this one first started out I wasn't sure about it. I didn't like how Chloe and Ryan kept snipping at each other. If that was going to keep up the whole book it was going to get old fast. It was nice when they managed to work towards being friends. I found it funny how each was hiding their supernatural secret. Unfortunately they came out in a big way, a way that was devastating to one of them.

Mother Nature was very funny in this one. I loved how she managed to put everyone in their place,
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
**My thanks to NetGalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This was a fun read, but not something that i would pick up again in a hurry.

In this book we get a Dragon Princess from Ireland who is a thousand years old who has moved to Boston and she has decided to be a fire fighter, something she believes she can do well.

We also have a male 500 year old Phoenix who's whole family are firefighters and he also believes that he deserves the advertised f
AnnMarie
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Wild Irish Dragon is the second book in the 'Boston Dragons' series by Ashlyn Chase. I haven't read the first in the series, so can safely say that this one can easily be read as a stand alone book.

It is the story of Chloe Arish, a dragon shifter, who desperately wants to be a firefighter. As a Dragon that can't burn, being a firefighter is the perfect job for her, and she wants nothing more than to help people. Unfortunately when she goes for the interview for the job she realises that someb
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lately, I've been finding that I quickly lose interest in books with long drawn out angst and drama between the main characters especially when they get past the twenty percent mark with nothing else happening and I was going to give up on this book for that reason, but having read the previous book and enjoyed Chloe's character, I was hoping that it would improve, which thankfully it did.

Becoming a firefighter is a natural progression for dragon shifter Chloe Arish but with only one job opening
Jul 14, 2016 added it
Shelves: d-n-f
Full review posted on Got Fiction?

Next is My Wild Irish Dragon by Ashlyn Chase- This has a Phoenix shifter and a dragon shifter who both are trying out for the Boston Fire Dept. How can you go wrong? To many, you can't. I seem to be the one random reader who isn't in love with this book.

The heroine is a thousand year old dragon princess from Ireland. I'm not sure how much I missed from the first book, but she's constantly messing up idioms. If any of you watch NCIS, it's a lot like how Ziva woul
Darla Taylor
This is the second book in the Boston Dragons trilogy.

Chloe Arish, a dragon from Ireland, and Ryan Fierro, a phoenix from a Boston firefighting family, are competing for the same position with the fire department. Their attraction is almost immediate although they try to fight it initially. They are both hired although Chloe must prove herself.

The book is great and I really liked it but there are some unanswered questions. I look forward to the third book.
Karen
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ashlyn-chase
omg this may have been the funniest book.. at one point I was in tears I was laughing so hard... I really love the characters
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Chloe wants to stay in America rather than return to her solitary life in rural Ireland. She's worked hard to become a U.S. citizen, and now she wants to help others and her adopted community by becoming a firefighter. As a dragon, she's well suited for the job. She cannot burn and is preternaturally strong. She just has to learn how to fit in and how not to over do it in front of humans.

Ryan also comes from a family of paranormals-Phoenix shifters. His family is Boston-breed and every male in
Sharon Tyler
Sep 02, 2016 rated it liked it
My Wild Irish Dragon by Ashlyn Chase is the second book in the Boston Dragons series. It is schedule for release on September 6 2016. The first book, I Dream of Dragons, is connected by characters, but I think that readers coming fresh to the story will be able to enjoy the story without having read the previous book.

Kathy Martin
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was another fun paranormal romance. Chloe is a dragon who is living in Boston and who decides that she can best contribute to life by becoming a fire fighter. It helps that she is fireproof. However, she is competing for the opening with Ryan Fierro who comes from a well-known Boston firefighting family. He happens to be a phoenix.

Chloe and Ryan turn their rivalry into a romance when both are accepted into the fire department, assigned to the same company, and assigned to the same shift. Ne
Ron Gastgeb
Oct 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
I picked this book up sight unseen at a recent library event. What the hell, I thought. At the very least, I can share some of the more absurd "steamy" phrases with my friends.

If any part of this book is as steamy as the cover seems to promise, I never got to it. The prose was awkward and rushed, and the characters were dull. I assume that the immortal fire-persons do eventually get together and do the various deeds, but I just couldn't bring myself to read that far.
Sandy Frediani
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The paperback issue that I have has a slightly different cover in that there's nothing over his shoulder.

This was another fun read. Ryan and Chloe make for a fun couple. Everything flows along quite nicely with no bumps or potholes. My one random thought is that it's sure handy that Mother Nature likes making modern muses/minor goddess. Takes care of a lot of what could be called 'difficult situations.' But that's all part of the fun.
-cookie Doughten
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book I love Dragons and the characters Ashland Chase has in the series already, The firefighters are the best, and this book is a dragon Phoenix crossover. Irish Princess Chloe comes to America to become a firefighter and is up against Rayan Ferrio a phoenix. well, all kinds of funny and not so funny things happen there are a love triangle and unwanted cousins. A funeral a rebirth and love. what more can you ask from a book?
Kim
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love dragon shifter books and so will you once you start reading this collection of books. I so can't wait to go back and read book one of this series. I know you will just love Ashlyn's books as I have. She will just make you laugh and cry they are that great to read. You will love reading Chloe and Ryan's story. A Dragon and a Phoenix who would have though. ...more
Deanne
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book for me was fantastic as it contains two of my favourite legendary creatures. I could not wait to pick the book up again when I had to put it down.
What I loved about it was how these two characters learned alot about themselves, along with true love and asserting what they both wanted and providing modern solutions regardless of past traditions and duties.
It is fascinating story.
Una
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm addicted to this series. Can't wait to get my hands on book 3. ...more
Christina
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I simply love this series. 💙 the same review I left for the 1st book works for this as well except there are also phoenixes here.
Ken Liljengren
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really love this series!
These Boston Dragons are so much fun.

Ken
Kris
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t know this was kind of meh...
Ashley
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-trade
Enjoyed a bit more than the first book.
Melissa
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
A decent read in the series. I read it in about 2 days
Donna Schwartz
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the part about a shape shifter, who is a dragon, becoming a firefighter. Enjoyed the fact that the two of them were hiding their secret lives from each other, too. Not so sure about the two families involved or what was going to eventually happen with the couple as far as having children. Now sure how the dragons will keep from going extinct, either. Mother Nature was sort of a goofball type character, too. Mostly good, but some big flaws.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Team of Five: The Presidents Club in the Age of Trump
  • Her Three Military Men
  • My Wicked Trainers (Club Wicked, #3.5)
  • Like a Boss (Double Trouble Duet, #1)
  • Sinfully Mine (Lessons with the Dom, #2)
  • Hot Holidays (Books 1-3): A steamy, contemporary, romantic comedy
  • Unveiled (A Changeling P.I. Novel, #2)
  • Stand & Deliver (Men of Haven, #5)
  • A Wedding Tail (A Rescue Dog Romance, #3)
  • Sinner's Heart (The Hellraisers, #3)
  • Elixir (A Changeling P.I. Novel, #1)
  • Just Shoot Me (Cowboy Way, #1)
  • Animals
  • Wolf Instinct (SWAT: Special Wolf Alpha Team, #9)
  • Broken (Deep Ops #3)
  • Skull Session
  • Highlander's Blessing in Disguise
  • Death by Didgeridoo (Jamie Quinn Mystery #1)
Ashlyn Chase has been a registered nurse for 20 years. During those years, she wrote articles for professional journals and a thesis, but eventually, thank goodness, discovered the joy and freedom of writing fiction.

Ashlyn considers herself lucky. Her degree in behavioral sciences is a combination of psychology and sociology, so she has worked with and studied people most of her life. She never ha

Boston Dragons (3 books)
  • I Dream of Dragons (Boston Dragons, #1)
  • Never Dare a Dragon