Start by marking “Pearls of Juggling” as Want to Read:
Pearls of Juggling

Pearls of Juggling

A Journey into the Art of Juggling for Performers and Enthusiasts

A book to inspire all jugglers – professionals and beginners, teachers, circus performers and the curious.
For anyone who always wanted to know how the masters handle the fundamental questions in juggling, such as how to:

Move and express yourself while having more fun with juggling?
Build a fully-realised train
Published June 9th 2015 by Anthony Trahair

To ask other readers questions about Pearls of Juggling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pearls of Juggling

Kit Summers
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"After receiving your book, Anthony, right away I was impressed with all the great artwork it contained. Many jugglers know of my book, "Juggling with Finesse". Your book, "Pearls of Juggling" takes the already accomplished juggler and will take them to the next higher level in their juggling. The way you have broken things down makes your book an easy and enjoyable read. I highly recommend this book for any juggler who wants to improve."
Andreas Anders-Wilkens
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anthonys "Pearls of Juggling" is the most entertaining juggling book I have ever seen. And I have seen many indeed - Ive got about 100 on my own, and I have certainly seen most existing books (in particular) in 1994 when I wrote my first juggling book and had to check what had been written up to then to decide what is left to cover or focus at.
Have fun with the incredible drawings and philosophical aspects of juggling it covers - you wont find anything like that anywhere else.
Tiziana Tonelli
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
a very nice book with pearls of Juggling but not only.... the art of juggling, with yoga thinking, is a life guide: to joy of the heart, to the motion of body and of emotions, to clean the mind. For to laugh with oneself!!!
Christine Trahair
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating and unique insight into juggling.
Ben
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anthony book is a wonder...it offers some of the most varied and imaginative illustrationsI've ever seen in any boson any subject.Juggling has been my life for the last 30 years , I have studied , performed and taught juggling since I left Arts college in 1997 and have watched hundreds , maybe even thousands of videos of juggling , read all the books about juggling I could lay my hands on . It is without hesitation that I say THIS is the one that I've enjoyed the most.
One aspect of juggling is t
Ed Porteous
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pearls of Juggling is the distillation of 20 years of practicing, teaching and performing the art of juggling. Without teaching a single trick, this book will improve your juggling. How is that? Well, by inspiring you to get out and try something new, to push yourself, to make you think about your physicality as you juggle, and to engage better with your audience. Jugglers of almost all abilities can dip in a pick a section to take into their practice session. To pick a few at random, Developing ...more
Ian Deady
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book. To look at, to use to come back to. I first started juggling many many years ago with The Complete Juggler by Dave Finnegan who writes a preface to Pearls of Juggling. This book is perfect for a continued education and exploration of where you might like to take your juggling. Aimed at those who wish to take up or improve their performance and improve their skill levels. I have read this book all the way through, admired the pictures and am certain that it is a book to come bac ...more
Martin Quigley
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book after doing some of Anthony's workshops at the European Juggling Convention in Italy. It's something similar to "The Zen of Juggling" but with more Juggling, and just as much Zen.

It's packed full of insightful observations and practical tips for improving your juggling. It helped me work on being present and mindful about more than just the pattern in front of me. Every juggler looking to experience the true enjoyment juggling can bring should own a copy!
Pauline Avignon
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pearls is a beautiful book in many senses. The illustrations are fascinating and the prose conscientious, poetic and clear: Besides,the message is really judicious, wise, interesting and lead you to the enhancement of your practise. It is the perfect handbook for a very wide range of jugglers from begginers to profesionnels, but also for other types of artists. I recommend it !
Daniel
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a juggler, I dance and while reading this book I think I realized that as I dance I actually keep juggling with the various parts and organs of my body. This perception was especially inspired by the author's precise descriptions of the inner states and sensations of the juggler. Besides, the illustrations are original and diversified.
Diane Long
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Anthony s book and I am not a juggler, but a yoga teacher. I think anyone could delight in this book....bravo, Anthony
Harry Hirsch
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pearls of Juggling is an excellent addition to the existing juggling-literature absolutely worth to be translated into German and other languages!
Harry Hirsch,
Rimpar, Germany
Eric Shibuya
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anthony Trahair, Pearls of Juggling: A Journey into the Art of Juggling for Performers and Enthusiasts, Italy: Cyclus Print, 2015. Amazon.co.uk, 24 Euros.

Review by Eric “Propfessor” Shibuya, PhD

The first thought when reading Pearls of Juggling is “ethereal.” The writing is light, with a touch of spiritual/mysticism. The obvious ancestor to Pearls is Finnigan’s Zen of Juggling (indeed, Finnigan writes the preface here). Further reading reveals Pearls to be more than simply a meditative examinatio
Kenny Cheung
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pearls of Juggling is a wonderful book. I really like how Anthony gave an in-depth insight into different aspects of juggling (technique, musicality, performing and movement just to name a few) which were quite helpful to me. It has given me a new perspective to look at juggling and showmanship. For instance, I have found some useful tips on how to warm up before a performance or how to turn an error into an advantage. The book also has beautiful artwork accompanying the literature and invokes a ...more
Jan
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read juggling books and seen DVDs teaching you a trick or seen tricks in Videos. One of those tricks would keep me entertained for a shorter or longer time. ‘Pearls of Juggling’ is different. It is a beautiful toolbox with tools for a lifetime. It contains exercises, concepts, ideas, advice and frameworks, which are often not intuitive. For instance pyramid training and awareness on correct throws instead of focusing on catching stray balls will help you to minimize drops. Some of the cha ...more
Lucas Gardezani Abduch
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely!
I really like how Anthony consider several different aspects of juggling (like being on stage, performing, working, street shows) and also considers the importance of our body awareness and of doing different things and how this will also influence the way we juggle.
+ the images are amazing!!!
René Albert
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed and still enjoy reading every bit of it! What a little gem! I wish I had this on top of Dave Finnegans book when I started to get into juggling/performing/expressing myself!! Thanks Anthony Trahair for all your effort and your will to share!!
Linda C
Jun 19, 2018
Cindy Marvell
Mar 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
Pearls of Juggling sums up the essence of creating and performing as a juggler. The techniques can be used for most any level of fluency with the art. Topics range from practice methods to performance nerves to putting together routines without losing the sense of fun inherent in the craft. The text, including drawings and paintings illustrative of the concepts of the art, is varied. It can be read in order, or for certain segments more relevant at a given time to one's practice and performance. ...more
Ed Cliffe