Start by marking “A Clueless Woman (A Woman Lost, #0)” as Want to Read:
A Clueless Woman (A Woman Lost, #0)

A Clueless Woman

(A Woman Lost 0)

Graduate student Lizzie Petrie feels more comfortable around books than people. Although an expert in the Hitler Youth, she’s a novice in love. Her former lesbian lover is blackmailing her, and not even those closest to Lizzie know the full story of their abusive relationship.

When visiting high school English teacher Sarah crosses Lizzie’s path at the campus, their attrac
Published November 24th 2015 by T. B. Markinson

To ask other readers questions about A Clueless Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Clueless Woman

lov2laf
This is a prequel which was written after books 1 ("A Woman Lost") and 2 ("A Woman Ignored") in the series. I haven't read books 1 and 2 so I'm going into this read with a clean slate.

"A Clueless Woman" is an f/f romance with an unusual protagonist. We see the story through the eyes of Lizzie who is a person that other books profess to write about but ultimately don't. Lizzie is an awkward, socially clueless recluse that perhaps truly does have an attachment disorder. She's a closed off person t
Jenna
First things first, for readers new to the series, this is actually the third book released. I'm not sure if I'd recommend reading them in numerical order (0, 1, 2) or in the order they were published (1, 2, 0). I felt as though this story did a wonderful job of explaining some of Lizzie's motivations for her behavior in later books; you'll have to decide whether you'd rather better understand her actions when they occur (in which case you should read them in numerical order) or whether you'd pr ...more
Dianne
You think you know a character after reading about them for a while. What about the events that made them the person/character you’ve met? T.B. Markinson has created a backstory for Lizzie, the main character in her novels, A Woman Lost and A Woman Ignored. Lizzie is a brilliant woman, books smart, educated and a secret trust fund baby. To meet her, one might think she uses too much starch in her undergarments, but as she opens up, ever so slowly, what is revealed is a woman damaged by family, r ...more
Roughseasinthemed
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This prequel in the A Woman Lost series is ‘how Lizzie met Sarah’.

And, as such, it contains much flirting, early dates and finally ripping off clothes and diving into bed.

It also contains a number of tedious sex scenes. The first one was boring enough but then to have it repeated numerous times adds neither value to the story nor any semblance of erotica.

Really the majority of the book could be condensed into two or three chapters.

The continual reappearance of Lizzie’s ex, Meg, is like an annoy
Joc
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I had such a strong sense of deja vu all the way through this and I'm almost sure I haven't read this before. Has Markinson written fan fiction? Or is there another book out there with such a remarkably similar story?

Lizzie is an awkward academic with limited social skills. She's asked to show a teacher from the local high-school around and they get on surprisingly well and Lizzie asks Sarah out. Lizzie trust issues because her previous relationship was a shocker. Sarah seems nice but also comes
Rach (Les Rêveur)
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the prequel to The Woman Lost book. How did Sarah and Lizzie meet? All is revealed in this book. I am glad I read this first instead of the way the book was originally published. It created a trail of breadcrumbs to understand Lizzie more and to be more understanding of A Women Lostand the how that book unravels.  I really enjoyed it and I found Lizzie incredibly funny… the more I read it the more I read my wife into Lizzie’s place!

Lizzie has serious intimacy issues. Always wanting to be
Amy Girard
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free audible version of this book from the author. A Woman Lost has been on my to read list for quite some time and since this is the prequel I had to dive right in. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found Lizzie to be frustrating and comical at the same time. She definitely had her clueless moments. I applaud the author for delving into what alcoholism and physical/mental abuse can create. Lizzie has a lot of baggage to overcome but luckily Sarah seems to be perfect for steering her in th ...more
Carol Hutchinson
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great prequel to A Woman Lost and gave great insight into the past of Lizzie and Sarah’s relationship that I had already read about. It was lovely to find out a bit more about them as characters, how they met and their lives before and in the early stages of their relationship.

As with A Woman Lost, Lizzie was her true slightly awkward but amazingly cute self and I just love how real she is as a character. Getting more detail and interaction with Sarah’s character was nice and too see
Cindy Stein
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesfic-romance
Lizzie is a PhD student in history recovering from an abusive relationship with an alcoholic (Meg) who is blackmailing her for money. She prefers her solitary life until she meets Sarah, a H.S. English teacher. The two start dating but Lizzie remains closed, especially about what happened with her ex.

This book is focused on the emotional growth and maturity Lizzie needs to undergo in order to really commit to Sarah. When the book ends, some of that growth has occurred, but since this is the firs
Charlie Conwell
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

T.B gives you a main character that is book smart but is adorably clueless when it comes to social settings. She has had a horrible past relationship and you are brought on her journey of discovery. She kind of reminds me of Sheldon from the big bang theory with her social ineptness. Meg is the character you despise and shows how abusers can still manipulate even after the relationship has ended. Sarah you embrace and root for her to get through the walls that Lizzie has built straight
Aris Duarte
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I stumble upon this series of book out of luck and what a f* luck of mine! Because I've been devouring the books since I got them, so I read that the prequel got published after the 2nd book a few years back and since I'm new to the series I bought the "A Woman Lost: books 0-2".

Poor Lizzy, with her abusive blackmailing ex and her shitty childhood, I think she might have something else? Who knows, but she SUCKS on relationships, damn and I thought I was bad at those.

I loved Sarah from the moment
Warmus
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesfic
Even though I can’t relate to Lizzie and Sarah, they are likeable as a couple. While reading, it was difficult to conjure up a mental image of how they looked because there are very few details about their appearance except the “said color of hair flowing or in a ponytail.” For sensitive readers, there are a few trigger words (alcoholism, verbal and physical abuse). I’m curious as to how Lizzie and Sarah’s relationship progresses, so I’m going to continue reading the other books in the series.
Kim
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story, and the narration was ok. I had difficulty, at times, liking Lizzie and Sarah. Cluelessness is one thing, but there were times I wondered if Lizzie might be on the autism spectrum, and Sarah came across as both judgmental and naive. The tone the narrator used for Sarah was almost skeevy at times.
CassTrusty
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it

I was really confused with Lizzie at the start. I didn’t realize she was meant to be a tad peculiar, but she somehow reminded me a lot of myself. Towards the end of the book, emotions got really heavy and I may or may not hav decried a river, but I would still recommend this story to anyone interested in the genre.
Loek Krancher
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great start!

Graduate student, teacher, complex person, abuse, blackmail, lies and a scary blossoming love. A very hard to put down book and I'm glad that there are 3 more books in this series waiting for me.
Emma Sterner-Radley
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, romantic read with the added bonus of characters that grow on you and an insight into American academia!
Helen
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this story. It cleared up questions from book #1. She really was clueless.
Tiana Howard
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

The book was a perfect mixture of romance and humor. Loved the main characters..even when I wanted to strangle Lizzie! Can't wait to read the other books in the series.
Holli
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I actually loved the whole series, so if you like this first book, it is worth buying the all the books in the series. The story is well paced and the funny parts are extremely funny. The characters are complex (though I wish I knew a bit more about Sarah).

Bottom line is the author is just a damn good writer so any "issues" in the book are overcome with the writing. I liked this book so much that I bought the others in the series before I finished this one.
Nka300
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked it. It was a bit slow paced but it made me want to jump to the second book right away.
moxieBK
A Clueless Woman -- A Woman Lost, #0

Note: There are sexy bits in here. So if F/F graphic sex turns you off, best not read this one.

Not often do I get to read a #0 book before I have even read the first book in the series, but if I had to get lucky on one, I'm glad it's a T.B. Markinson story. This is the fifth book I've read by this author and overall, she's one hella writer. Her stories are always well fleshed out, feel very natural and personable. I tend to or end up identify/sympathizing wit
Rachel Barnard
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
“No wonder I was single. I lacked charm, conversational skills, and panache.” (Kindle Locations 917-918).

Lizzie hasn’t had any for over a year, when she broke up with her crazy ex. Nowadays she knows books are a safer bet, especially since she still hasn’t gotten over the ex and the ex still comes around for handouts, or to blackmail Lizzie into handing out her inheritance hundred by hundred. Lizzie has been too embarrassed to tell anyone, even her closest friends. At least now she knows what to
Beth Ann
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Clueless Woman is the latest offering from author T.B. Markinson and the fun part about this book is that it is a prequel to her other “Woman” books. I normally get a little confused when I read prequels but in this case it helped me to solidify the characters in my mind and it gave a lot of insight into the characters Lizzie and Sarah.
Lizzie is more comfortable with books and her life of academia than with her relationships in real life but as the book reveals there are reasons for her cluele
Christine Rains
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie Petrie knows much more about history than she does love. She has promised never to have a relationship again after her former lesbian lover blackmails her. Yet when she meets Sarah, she can't help herself. Thankfully Sarah finds Lizzie's clueless personality charming and their relationship deepens. Lizzie tries to hide her past, but it's becoming more difficult the more she lets Sarah into her life. Will her lies end up ruining the one shot she has at true love?

Another incredible installm
S.M. Lowry
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Disclaimer: I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

A Clueless Woman by T.B. Markinson is a fun romance with fantastic characters and plenty of steamy scenes. Lizzie Petrie is a socially inept character who prefers books to people and is often clueless when interacting with others. However, her social issues stem from previous relationships, and Markinson doesn’t shy away from illuminating the dark side of love, which gave the story additional depth and made the romance between Sarah
Medeia Sharif
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Graduate student Lizzie has been scorched by love. Coming out of an abusive relationship with Meg, the abuse continues when her former lover blackmails her for outrageous amounts of money. Lizzie comes from a place of emotional wreckage and doesn’t know how to get Meg out of her life completely.

When Sarah comes into the picture, Lizzie’s battered heart responds. She doesn’t think she’s ready for a new girlfriend, but the romance solidifies. Secrets and lies might destroy Sarah and Lizzie’s relat
Will Decker
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story read very much like the first one that I read in the series (A Woman Lost), except in this one I found the sex scenes repetitive and boring. After reading through the second sex scene and feeling like there wasn't anything new, I began skimming them. Surely lesbians are more creative in the bedroom than this story would have you believing. The rest of the story, while unexciting and with the feeling of going nowhere, is well written, the characters more than believable, and the editin ...more
Pamela
**received for free in exchange for a honest review**

Amazing! I loved the other two books and I loved this one just as much. I have always loved reading about what happened before the main books in any series and this book answered many questions and did a wonderful job of filling readers in on what happened before A Woman Lost. I just love Lizzie and Sarah's relationship, they are so perfect, they balance each other. And reading this allowed me to see the start of their relationship and see how
Jacqui
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this prequel to the first book in the A Woman Lost series, Lizzie Petrie struggles to hide the secrets of a former lover while her relationship with her new girlfriend becomes more serious.

I know this is considered LGBT romance, but to me, it was truly a simple love story of two people trying to build a life together despite what for at least one of them is a difficult past. T.K. does an amazing job of sharing the intimacy and emotion in a way that will appeal to everyone.
Bobbie Grob
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! The characters just pulled me in every bit as much as they did with Confessions From a Coffee Shop. I love Ms. Markinson's writing style, and the way she develops her characters. She is definitely going on my favorite author list!
  • Savage Bytes (Hacked Investigations, #2)
  • Taming Kiera (Therian Agents Book 3)
  • A Minger's Tale: Beginnings
  • On the Run (Big Mike and Minnie #1)
  • Saven Disclosure (Saven #2)
  • The Sacrifice (The Golden Key Legacy #2)
  • Trivial Pursuits (Chicago on Ice #2)
  • Rock Bottom (The Gifted Realm, #4)
  • The Song That Seduced Paris (The Bel Homme Quartet #1)
  • The Blue Diamond (The Razor's Edge, #1)
  • Hugh the Southern Flame (Chaos Chronicles #2)
  • Every Kingdom Divided
  • Kip the Quick
  • Up to Me (Shore Secrets, #1)
  • A Neophyte's Tale (Netherwalker, #0.5)
  • Project Lexi
  • First of Spring
  • Ignited (Unclaimed, #2)
T. B. Markinson is an American writer, living in England. When she isn't writing, she’s traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in England, or taking the dog for a walk. Not necessarily in that order.

A Woman Lost (6 books)
  • A Woman Lost (A Woman Lost, #1)
  • A Woman Ignored (A Woman Lost, #2)
  • A Family Woman (A Woman Lost, #3)
  • A Conflicted Woman (A Woman Lost, #4)
  • A Woman Loved (A Woman Lost, #5)