Start by marking “The Sundering (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Sundering (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #3)

The Sundering

(War of the Ancients Trilogy #3)

The hour of wrath draws near...
The valiant night elves have been shattered by the loss of their beloved general. The black dragon, Neltharion, has claimed the Demon Soul and scattered the mighty dragonflights to the winds. Above all, the demonlord, Archimonde, has led the Burning Legion to the very brink of victory over Kalimdor. As the land and its denizens reel from th
Published July 26th 2005 by Pocket Star

Ahmad Sharabiani
War of the Ancients: The Sundering (War of the Ancients Trilogy #3), Richard A. Knaak
Warcraft: War of the Ancients Trilogy is a book trilogy written by Richard A. Knaak set in Blizzard Entertainment's popular video game universe, Warcraft. This series contains three books: The Well of Eternity (2004), The Demon Soul (2004), The Sundering (2005).
Book Three - The Sundering: The valiant night elves have been shattered by the loss of their beloved general. The black dragon, Neltharion, has claimed
Markus
The best book in the trilogy, though that doesn't tell much. But I'll add a few points for having my favourite Warcraft character on the cover!

Series review to come here!
Barbara Huskey
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly awesome story. I could not put it down! I even cried during some parts, I was so emotionally invested. I did not expect such an experience from novels based on video game lore. Very glad that my son insisted I get around to reading it =)
Noah
Oct 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
its friggen AWESOME!!!
George
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good trilogy.

Doesn't leave too many loose ends and questions.

I liked it as a whole.
Michael Hall
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Michael Hall Warcraft: The Sundering 3-25-13

There is a fine line between being suspenseful and just prolonging something. In the book Warcraft: The Sundering Richard A. Knaak does an interesting job at giving just enough to the reader to still want to continue the book. It is also mixed with his imagery that also gives the reader the satisfaction of getting to here they wanted to be. This isn’t just used in this book but also in many of his other titles. While I was reading the book I myself fo
Leeanna
Nov 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Warcraft, War of the Ancients 3: The Sundering, by Richard A. Knaak

"The Sundering" is the final installment in the War of the Ancients trilogy, a series set in the universe of World of Warcraft. The night elves and other races of Azeroth are perched on the edge of losing their lives and their world to the Burning Legion...

Knaak created a truly epic story in this trilogy, taking the story and universe of Blizzard's award winning game series and creating memorable characters, an intriguing plot, a
Nickie
Apr 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
It took me a while to finish this, because I put it down a lot to read other books but I'm glad that I've finally finished it. In the last book of this story arc, you can understand how Illidan was driven mad by not just the powers of the Burning Legion with their seductive ways of ultimate power but also by his intention to do good. All he ever really wanted was Tyrande, and it tipped him over the edge to find out that she had chosen Malfurion.

Rhonin, Krasus, Brox and the dragonflights are all
نیما اکبرخانی
راستش توقعاتم و برآورده نکرد . البته ممکن هست که توقعات من زیادی بالا بوده باشه . من خیلی از وارکرفت تعریف شنیده بودم و انتظار داشتم با ارباب حلقه ها و هری پاتر حالا برابری نکرد هم در همون حدود باشه . اما قاطعانه میگم فانتزی های خیلی بهتر از این زیاد خوندم . به عنوان یه طرفدار و خواننده پروپا قرص فانتزی هرچی از این مجموعه ترجمه شده و می خونم ولی اونطور که من گفته بودن هم خفن نیست . دنیای بزرگ و کاراکترهای زیادی داره تا الآن سه تاش و خوندم و به این خوندم در آینده نزدیک ادامه می دم . نکته آخر اینک ...more
Filip
Jan 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy-sf
By the time you come to the third book of "War of the Ancients" trilogy, it becomes obvious that Knaak was the wrost of all Warcraft authors. Cataclismic events such as the Sundering are pictured clumsily and without any real sense that something major and epic is happening. When finished reading I wondered wether Knaak took a bite at something too big for him or was simply lost in the magnitude of the events in the Warcraft universe he was writing about. Both this book and complete trilogy left ...more
Светослав Александров
Мислех си да дам три или четири звезди, само и само да се заям с Ричард Кнаак, ама сърце не ми даваше :) Тази книга разкрива съдбата на един от най-най-любимите ми литературни герои - Броксигар, който се жертва, за да спаси света!
Знам, че литературата изобилства от герои, които се жертват, за да спасят света, но Броксигар е толкова уникален и неговата история е толкова докосваща, че сърце не ми дава да дам по-малко от пет звезди.
S
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-fantasy
nico
Jul 27, 2008 rated it did not like it
i just think its pathetic that they make a novel about a video game and i know it sucks even though i havent even read it
Lavenza
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A perfect finale to a great story. The sheer ecstatic joy I got when I finished the last lines of it made me happy for many weeks. One of the best moments and feeling in my life.
Diane Krawczak
Mar 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
added insight into the game
Parham Irandoost
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
این سه گانه رو صبح تا شب ، شب تا صبح خوندم ، واقعا زیبا بودن ، مخصوصا که دوران جوونی و شروع سه تا شخصیت ایلیدن ، ملفاریون و تیراندا هست.
فداکاری شجاعت و احساس توی کتابهای وارکرفت خیلی قشنگ بیان شده و بخش مهمی از زندگی من رو تشکیل میده.
I love books
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In questa trilogia di Richard Knaak, tre avventurieri appartenenti a razze tanto diverse quanto simili per altri aspetti, vengono inghiottiti da un’anomalia avvertita dall'Aspetto dei draghi di Bronzo Nozdormu e catapultati indietro nel tempo di 10000 anni, al tempo della Guerra degli Antichi, cambiando dunque le sorti della battaglia stessa. Questi tre eroi, l'orco Broxigar, l'umano Rhonin, e il drago Korialstrasz, entrano subito in contatto con la civiltà che a quel tempo dominava la scena, qu ...more
Garrettjaime1982
May 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was my favorite of the trilogy. Night elves, mages, black dragons, orcs..everything a Warcraft Book should be full of. A book about the bond that is broken when brothers choose opposite sides of an epic battle between good and evil, and when they both fall in love with the same woman. Malfurion ( the good boy), and Illidan ( and the not so much good boy)..thier story is by far my favorite in the book, and even though I knew the outcome of Illidan...I still found myself begging for him to be ...more
Marco
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I am quite surprised that a book series based on a popular videogame turned out to be so entertaining and enjoyable. In this action packed, fast paced final chapter the beloved characters from the previous war of the ancients trilogy find themselves facing the burning legion, Deathwing, and the ancient Gods at once. On their side the dragons, including the Aspects, and all the semi-gods. The world of Azeroth will dramatically change, sundered into pieces. A good read for the lovers of fantasy ev ...more
Tyler
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A strong finish to a very cool story. I loved Malfurion as a character and really enjoyed reading about his youth as the first druid in this pivotal conflict that sets the stage for the entire future of Azeroth.

This book and series was pretty well written, but I think Knaak has a weakness in writing action. I often disagreed with his word choice and wished he would use more concrete nouns when describing action, it was often difficult to clearly imagine what was physically going on in the scene.
David
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Karoshi
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Stejně jako předchozí díly je tohle velmi hezké, decentní, nenáročné fantasy. Všechno dobře dopadlo, Malfurion se dal konečně dohromady s otravnou, nudnou Tyrande, ork hrdinně zahynul pro dobro světa, Nozdormu se osvobodil z časové anomálie a Plamenné legii všichni nakopali zadek. Akorát Illidan mě zklamal, myslela jsem že bude lepší badass a ne že se pořád bude snažit zachránit elfy. A moc se mi líbila postava kapitána Shadowsonga :) Prostě hezké, za mě tak 4.5 hvězdičky.
Tami
Jan 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Another good book in the series for people who are interested in the lore behind the Warcraft universe.

I must say that this trilogy was a little "battle-heavy" which tends to make my mind wander while I'm reading it. It has all the good characters in WoW history though, and it's awesome to know the story. The author does tend to repeat things a lot, like the word "newcomer". All in all an interesting read though.
Aik Koh
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The last book of the trilogy. It ends up by closing all branches of the story and concludes with the main characters being themselves before it plumage to the Warcraft III game. Also introduces one of the main antagonists in the game as well. Which spurns out towards the World of Warcraft background lore.
Tatiana
Out of the trilogy, this has been the best of the 3 books. Better written and full of action, to match the feats of strength displayed by the characters. Once more, this book offers tremendous insight into lore and allows any Warcraft or WoW player the chance to learn and understand the great imagination and artistry of those that came up with this incredible Universe.
Anthony
Mar 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: warcraft
An excellent end to the trilogy. I love Richard Knaak's Warcraft books. Even though I already knew the outcome of the story from playing the games, it was still an entertaining read. I highly recommend the War of the Ancients trilogy to anyone who is interested in Warcraft lore or fantasy in general.
Mihai
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book, great series. It answered a lot of questions from the Warcraft game and placed some well needed back story to many of the characters. The action is explosive, the finale is very well written. Well done. (pun intended)
Pauli
Sep 03, 2007 rated it it was amazing
A superb ending to the trilogy. This is the best of the three in my opinion with all my favorite characters from warcraft lore, including Illidan, Netharion, Rhonin and Krasus.
I've noticed that in every warcraft book Richard A. Knaak writes, he includes usally Rhonin and Krasus or only Krasus.
Joshua
Apr 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any fans of warcraft/fiction
Recommended to Joshua by: people i met playing dota
this book is good to read.also has the stuff in fantasy books n deeper issues like love(between furion n tyrande),hatred,conflict and betrayal.i recommend this to anyone who likes fiction/fantasy or is a warcraft fan.:D
Pablo Giambelluca
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredible... best book in the series and it makes the whole journey worth it.
  • Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)
  • The Last Guardian (WarCraft, #3)
  • Tides of Darkness (World of Warcraft, #3)
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #0)
  • Cycle of Hatred (World of WarCraft, #1)
  • World of Warcraft: Ashbringer
  • World of Warcraft, Vol. 2
  • Warcraft Legends, Volume 5
  • Warcraft: Death Knight
  • Warcraft: Shaman
  • Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde (World of Warcraft, #12)
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, the Dragonrealm and Black City Saint series (his own creations), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written several non-series fantasy books.

War of the Ancients Trilogy (4 books)
  • The Well of Eternity (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #1)
  • The Demon Soul (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #2)
  • War of the Ancients Archive (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #1-3)
“To dream, to imagine, for in that is the best hope of rebuilding, of recovering, of growing...” 0 likes
“Good battle! Many deaths to sing of! Many warriors to praise for the blood they've spilled!"

"How lovely," muttered Rhonin.”
0 likes