Start by marking “No Way Out” as Want to Read:
No Way Out

No Way Out

Abby Breuner fears the worst. Pregnant with her third child, and having problems at work, Abby is alarmed when her husband, Eric, vanishes without any warning. The police seem unable - or unwilling - to help. And what appeared to be a close-enough-to-perfect life gets permanently turned upside down when she finds an ominous book and a large amount of cash stowed in a forgo ...more
Published July 2005 by Christine Kersey

To ask other readers questions about No Way Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Way Out

Beth
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is the second Christine Kersey book I've read. As with the other, this is billed as a clean novel of suspense. I can say that it is indeed free of graphic content. And it's slightly better edited than the last I read. However, as with the other, the plot is juvenile and the actions of the characters make little sense. I do appreciate what the author is trying to do, but she really needs a substantive edit to identify all the problems that are leaving readers scratching their heads.
Christi
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio, mystery
YUCK! Before listening to an audio book I need to make sure it does not day covenant on the back. These books tend to be cheesy, predicable and ewwwww. That is the best that I can say. At least the book was short. It really tried to be more than it was. It was not the suspense I like or am use to as reviews state. However if you like LDS Authors and SUPER clean books this may be for you.
Dorel
Mar 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Bonnie Dale Keck
May 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not Kindle Unlimited, must have gotten from one of my freebie sites or else from writer. The situations and overall plot seemed forced and/or say them coming in a lot of places, and yes I read a lot but shouldn't have been that many plus still felt as if some of it was unnecessary filler. The characters didn't seem real enough and can't even think of any names {horrible at names but should have come up with at least one}.It was 'okay'.

the 2 is 'okay' to match the 'okay' 3 of amazon
Monika P.
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed in the book. No way out? Yes, there was a way out and it was pretty obvious from the beginning. Mystery, thriller, suspense? No, definitely not. Just reading the first couple of chapters it was quite clear who the villain was. The characters? Well, Eric is doing a lot of stupid things (sneaking into his own house a few times and leaving traces of having been there) and Abby is pretty naive. She is worried about her children's safety but won't pack them up and send them off to ...more
Marbea E. Logan
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good novel, with alot of imagery and suspense. It shows if you don't have faith and trust in your relationship, a whole lot evil intentions seeps through the fractured cracks of the bond.
Sarah Spelbring
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm guessing this is what's called a "Cozy Mystery". The main character is a woman, there is no blood, guts, murder, or violence to speak of either. What happens is her husband disappears, then there are rumors he's done something illegal, which stretches the boundaries of their marriage.

The pacing is alright, the characters are believable, I'm just not sure I'm a fan of this genre? I've honestly not read a cozy mystery either in a long while or ever, so I've no frame of reference for this. Als
Tony Parsons
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
CA. Eric Breuner (husband/father, accountant, Central Valley Construction) took 1 last look at his wife Abby Breuner (wife/mother, PG, PT librarian, nee Kincaid) as he left the house.
Lisa (tech) was going to give Abby an ultrasound.
Nadine her boss at the library asked Abby why she was late for work.

Carly (CVC secretary) called & told Abby Eric never showed up for work.
Timothy Meher (CVC accountant, Eric’s co-worker) said he never saw him either.
Abby had to tell the 2 girls: Susannah (7, d
Sandra
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a well-done mystery, romance, family and extended family story. So often we think of romance as beautiful girl meets handsome guy and they "hit it off" and are happy ever after; however romance happens often and so beautifully in stories of already married couples as Ms. Kersey shows in this delightful mystery. Abby, a mother of two little girls and expecting her third child, wakes up one day to find her everyday world turned upside down. Her husband, Eric, is missing and there are so ma ...more
Kathryn
Mar 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
good mystery book. Eric has had some problems in his past with drug addiction and stealing money for the habit. He comes clean with ABby while they are dating so they can start with a no secrets marriage. Then after being married 11 years Eric disappears without a word. Abby has to have faith in her husband as his coworkers fill her head with accusations about embezzelment and infidelity on the part of her husband. Is eric innocent and will he come home?
Susan
Sep 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a real page turner! Eric is missing and Abby doesn't know why or what to do. She replays in her mind everything she can think of--the past and present. She certainly has her doubts about her husband as she searches for clues. It takes this horrible emotional curve in her life to turn Abby's heart to her estranged family, which turns out to be a great blessing.
Cyndi
May 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Abby's husband goes missing and she is left to try to put puzzle pieces together to figure out if he is hurt, returned to his drug past or something else. Eric left suddenly thinking he was protecting his family and sets out to get the evidence he needs to prove his innocence. Short book, quick read and at times suspenseful though the writing is bland.
Heather
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Just like the little description says on the 2nd star, it was okay. It was your typical mormon fiction with little depth or character development and alot of the same thing happening forever and then poof its done.
Megan
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it
After the first 5 chapters, I skimmed the rest. I don't like to read about some one being so stressed out and scared. Her husband disappears, and she thinks he embezzled money or is selling drugs. Happy ending.
Janet
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Christine doesn't mess around with the suspense. From the very first page I found myself sucked into this mystery novel and I couldn't put the book down! I can't wait for her next book to be published!
Jodi Robinson
Apr 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book came out about four years ago. So if you missed it, check it out. I knew the author but forgot she had written this book. We met up again, and from what I can tell the story is suspensful. I can't wait to read it.
Jodie
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I actually did not have this one figured out all of the way. I knew who ultimately the guilt was going to be on, but there were a enough twists to keep you going.
Kalee
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
While I didn't think that Kersey is as polished of a writer as some, this book actually had me surprised more than once. Great quick read.
Connie
Mar 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Good mystery. Keeps your attention the whole time.
Sonja Lee
Aug 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It had a great plot and keep me excited to turn the next page... Can't wait for more books from this author!!
Patricia
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rating 2.5
This story was OK although it was fairly low-key as far as a mystery goes. I did a lot of scan-reading.
Mary
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great suspense Christine wrote! You think you have it figured out and then you realize you don't! Could not wait to see who did what!
Brenda
Mar 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Interesting twists to this book.
Donna Campbell
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good.

This was a great mystery full of suspense. I love that it could be enjoyed without vulgar language or unnecessary sex. Kept my interest.
Norah Baron
Oct 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty predictable book. Not a favorite but not bad.
Anna
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book kept my attention. It was my first LDS fiction so that was kind of fun. A little predictable but still interesting.
Millie Russom
  • No Time for Love
  • Foul Play
  • Shadow of the Crown
  • Evidence
  • A Modest Proposal (Butterfly Box, #1)
  • The Deep End (Undercurrents, #3)
  • At the Journey's End
  • Do No Harm
  • Snowed Inn (Who-Dun-Him Inn #1)
  • A Dance to Remember (Keane-Morrison Family Saga, #4)
  • This Just in
Christine loves to read, but also loves to write suspenseful stories. She enjoys camping and hiking with her family and watching movies. Check out her website: ChristineKersey.com