Start by marking “Frozen” as Want to Read:
Frozen

Frozen

There’s one must-have toy this Christmas, and Neala Clarke has told her niece Charli she’ll get it for her. Never mind that she’s got less than a week and it looks like everywhere is sold out. She’s promised Charli a Fire Princess doll—and Neala is a woman of her word.

Darcy Hart is a people-pleaser. So when his adorable six-year-old nephew, Dustin, asks for a partic
Published April 19th 2016 by Montlake Romance (first published December 12th 2014)

Start your review of Frozen
NiCoLeTa E.
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
***4,5 "Neala Alert" stars***

Who could've thought that a doll would bring so much troubles???
That a doll will start a world wide war???

Bahahaha.... This story was hilarious!!!! Especially the first 70% and then it became a little bit more emotional, but it was worth it!!!
I had such an amazing time while i was reading it....
I couldn't stop laughing!!! My belly was in serious trouble!!!!
"Neala
L.A. Casey
Oct 22, 2014 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)

I'm happy to announce that Frozen has recently been signed by Montlake Romance Publishing, and has been revised and revamped! For all those of you who love the story, don't worry, it's still the same humorous Irish adventure with just a lot more character, and plot background ;)

The novel is now available for PRE-ORDER, and will be releasing on April 19th, 2016.

Kindle US
Kindle UK

Excerpt:

I snarled, "Give me the doll. Now!"
Darcy had the doll box against his chest with both hands on it. His fingers tapped ag
/>
A_Ryan
5++ Awesome Enemies-to-Lovers Stars !!!

"It's a fine line between love and hate"

I absolutely loved this book and it is definitely going on my 6-star favourites shelf.

Darcy and Neala were inseperable as children. They were the very best of friends, the centre of each other's world even as ten-year olds. But one schoolyard betrayal resulted in these two becoming sworn enemies... forever at each other's throats.

Fifteen years later, Darcy and Neala still hated one another with a fier
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

"Neala was an adrenaline rush for me, she was something I craved and feared at the same time.. I’d never admit it though, it killed me just admitting it to myself.”

description

A couple of things came to mind when I thought of summing up this Holiday romance-
1) There’s a fine line between love and hate
2) When a boy teases you, it means he likes you

des</i>☆</br></span>
  <span id=☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

1) There’s a fine line between love and hate
2) When a boy teases you, it means he likes you

description

3) And Arnold Schwartzenegger’s movie, Jingle All the Way.

description

I mean, when a guy says:
"I’m not sweet talking you. I’ve just never told you that even thought we have hate for one another, I still have a lot love for you. Even though we are at each other’s throats all the time, you’re a huge part of my life. You take up half of it to be honest.”

description

It’s pretty clear with the whole childhood to adult feud going on between you where his TRUE FEELINGS really lie.

So, the back story:

Neala and Darcy were once best of friends, whose family has a long reputation of being besties as well.

“Darcy and I were best friends by default. Our mother’s were best friends, our older brother’s were best friends, our dad’s were best friends, even our grandparent’s, God rest them, were best friends.”

As feelings and awareness start to emerge and take notice, Darcy commits a fatal classic cliché that young boys do to girls, and from then on out the two are sworn enemies for the next twenty years.

description

"There was no escaping Darcy or his family after our falling out, so we both learned to tolerate one another as best we could…Which was usually fighting or pranking one another.”

Fast-forward till present day, and a couple days until Christmas… and with both Neala and Darcy promising to get the most sought out doll for their niece/nephew in time for Xmas... it’s going to be an epic showdown between the battle of the sexes to get a hold and sort through their erratic feelings for each other and secure that one hot off the press doll!

description

Now add in(++)-- some meddling between their families, a couple day snow in, some hot sizzling sex, and a couple of hilarious spats and you’ve got yourself a story! I swear, there’s a cute romance brewing between young Dustin and Charli and I’m so curious if their puppy love will go smooth sailing, or end up just like their aunt and uncle!! Such great role models!! lol!!

**Move on to a totally random side note--(view spoiler) ;)

#An entertaining and engaging read that will make hopeless romantics swoon and readers want to fall all over in love once more!!

[Review to be posted on my blog on December 20th, 2014!!]
Mysza
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**** 4,5 stars ****
Jas
WARNING
This review has spoilers and no I'm not sorry for putting them because I LOVED IT!! Please dont hate me *covering my eyes*

I'm giving this book 5 'I peed my pants' laughable stars . It's my first book written byL.A. Casey and I seriously couldnt put this piece of fireworks down. I had to move into another room because I couldnt stop laughing my ass off. Scene after scene I would be impressed by the depths th
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
FROZEN is a book that will make you laugh your ass off. Literally!

I'm a big fan of L.A. Casey. I have read her Slater Brothers books and a big sign that it's her work is the hilarity of the characters. Well, this one might not be a part of her Slater Brothers series, but it's tenfolds funnier!

Oh.My.God.

Hahahaha! Just remembering their scenes in my head makes me crack up big time!

You know when you're having a totally bad day? Like everything is ruined and you just want a breather? I recommend tha
Pam Nelson
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Frozen Stars

OMG this book, I can’t even tell you how funny it was. I laughed till I had TEARS, till my sides hurt.
And I am still chuckling. Why did I put off reading this book!

Not only did I get the audio version, but it come with 2 phenomenal narrators who brought this story to life. And the accents!! I have I mentioned I like accents. I soooo do.

Darcy and Neala were friends growing up they kind of had to because their mothers a
Lučka
2.5*
It was okay, I guess. It was too similar to Checkmate, IMO, and not in a good way. I found the story and its characters very annoying. Especially the MCs.
(view spoiler)
I love this author and this might be a "it's me not you" situation.
2.5*
(view spoiler)
I love this author and this might be a "it's me not you" situation.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

It was a very fun read!
There was a little thingy that I hated and that's the mistake that Darcy made in the beginning.
But also don't really know if it's a spoiler or not. (view spoiler)
The scene in the store was quite funny, and
Jessica
Apr 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
...Nah just...Nah

The mcs hate each other in their twenties for something that happened at age 10? The immaturity of this already lost me. Then this: "she'd pulled a complete three sixty on me and cut me out of her life without any explanation." First omg could you be more childish YOU WERE TEN.  Second, she literally gave you the entire explanation...yelled it at you in fact. Third, clearly we were lacking an understanding of geometry because 360° puts you back where you started...I
Chan
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Call me an activist or an injustice hero crime fighter (I kind of like that one)-

WATCH OUT WORLD, CHAN THE IHCF TO THE RESCUE!

but there was too much unevenness in this story and it didn’t sit well with me. Actually it bothered me a lot. Neala (love the name) could not catch a break. She was deeply wronged several times and not just from Darcy, but her family too.

It was a cute story and I laughed numerous times. But what stuck with me was the glaring injustices that Neala
Gemma
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not the first L.A Casey book I have read, and it won't be the last.
I absolutely loved this .
I have to say I was laughing out loud like a loon through most of this book.
The characters are fun, lovable and relatable, the story line was believable and extremly funny and lovely at the same time.
Harlow Queen
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
*ARC generously provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review*

2.5 out of 5 stars

Second try with L.A. Casey and unfortunately I guess her writing style isn't just for me. I really enjoyed one third of the story, it was funny and sassy. I even laughed out lout sometimes. The book had started out good because I love love/hate relationships. But throughout the story, I got bored and the scenes got redundant. I mean, the female MC is just so angry at everyone all the time. It's frustrating to read about a charact/>
Jo
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
I don't like it. Neala n Darcy are 25 not five, their behaviour telling us that they both in their pre-school time, childish

Some of the lines maybe funny but I m too old to understand it, if their acts just shown they were in love, sorry I won't buy it

Time is limited, spend wisely
Hollie
enemies to lovers romance

This book was funny at times and sweet at others. I enjoyed the characters. It does have a 25 year old virgin which is usually a deal breaker for me. Also a lot of the scenarios were unrealistic. I still liked it for the most part.
Sarah Robinson
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg I loved this book so much I can't even properly describe it. So funny and so heart warmingly cute! Loved the Irish verbiage and cultural references too! The story line wasn't new and it was predictable but the way it was executed made it refreshing and adorable! Perfect winter read!
Susani
Was looking for a humorous audible romance. The book started well until I realized that the H may not be my kind of H. H/h are best friends until another girl comes into the picture at age 10. Read some reviews and realized, this book wouldn't work for me, even as an audible :(

Tricia
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. Cute love story.
1-Click Addict Support Group
I've never really been one to read holiday-themed books. At least, not specifically at Christmas time. But this holiday season I was given the chance to read Frozen by L.A. Casey and, I have to say, I loved the Christmas theme, the back-and-forth bickering, and the sweet, sexiness of it. I am most definitely a Christmas book convert!

Neala Clarke promised her niece a doll for Christmas, and she will do whatever necessary to make sure her girl has that toy under the tree on Christmas morning
Miria Vanessa
10 stars

Yup... 10 stars. I am in love with this book. Frozen has to be not only the best, but the funniest book I have read in a long time. I read this book in one sitting on Christmas Eve and could not have picked a better day for reading it. I laughed so hard I cried. I snorted on more than a few occasions. Classy, right? I decided I'm getting this book in paperback as soon as it's available.
The plot was magnificent, the characters - ALL of them - were spectacular with personality that just
Sophia
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
All in all a good book but I just couldn't get over the fact that in the beginning of the book she said her mother was 42 years old.... and her older brother was 32? That means her mother was 10 when she was pregnant? I mean am I the only one who noticed that? It kept on bothering me throughout the book. There's also a lot of missed or incorrect spelling of words just like her previous books. I think the editing team needs to do a better job or pay more attention. $3 for a book is extremely chea ...more
Mary Johnson
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favs
Frozen was an absolute BLAST to read but then again…every L.A. Casey book is amazing!! Darcy and Neala’s chemistry is adorable but HOT! This book had me literally laughing out loud every chapter. Oh, and I might have cried a little. (LA—you little witch).
Another part I loved was having the dual POV. It worked perfectly in this book. Neala is one strong and hilarious chick. Darcy is a jokester but has a whole other side which you are destined to fall in love with. I didn’t want to stop read
Amber
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a hilarious read I spent a lot of time laughing while I was reading this one I am a HUGE fan of L.A. Casey I am so glad that this author "went for it" because I have so loved reading her books Frozen was a wonderful read in a lot of ways it reminded me of the movie Jingle all the way but with a much more crazy family in the background ...
I loved this book I am so glad I read it , as it was a total feel good read that being said I can't wait for the rest of the slater brothers books to
Yessi Smith
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 witty, fun stars for Neala and Darcy
Frozen is definitely not your typical holiday story. Nope, there's nothing typical about Darcy or Neala. While their families get along beautifully, these two hate each other. Despise. Loathe. At least they think they do.
Thrown together by their desire to buy their niece and nephew the present they desire most, feelings are revealed in the most hilarious ways (my personal favorite when Neala tries to help Darcy go to the light).
This is a must read, n
CJ at Book Happiness
I've come to learn that I can always expect a good laugh from L.A. Casey's stories and Frozen was no exception. The characters at 25ish are somewhat immature but comical, enjoyed the storyline and LOVED the family dynamics. I think a little better proofreading was in order - littered with typos and missing words (so 3.5 stars) but all in all a great read.
Sarah Robinson
Adorable!!!

Booklvr
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh this was so good! I love Lee's characters, the banter, the chemistry, sexual tension. I loved it all! This woman never disappoints me with her books, she is definitely one of my go to authors and is a writing genius!
Ivana★
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It reminds me a little bit of Neighbour from Hell series. If you're looking for something Christmasy or funny to read, this is it! :)

• Aspettami questa notte
  • Hooked on Trouble (Over the Top #3)
  • Il giorno giusto per incontrarti
  • La storia che volevamo
  • Mai più così vicini
  • Due cuori in affitto
  • Questo amore sarà un disastro
  • Come nessuno al mondo
  • Un maledetto per sempre
  • Il bacio che non ti ho dato
  • L'amore che mi allontana da te
  • In-Dependent
  • in-Moral
  • Enemy Game - A letto con il nemico (Matching Game, #1)
  • SURRENDER
  • La verità è che non ti odio abbastanza
  • Fai il tuo gioco
  • Legati da un insolito destino
L.A. Casey is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who juggles her time between her mini-me and writing. She was born, raised and currently resides in Dublin, Ireland. She enjoys chatting with her readers, who love her humour and Irish accent as much as her books.

Casey's first book, DOMINIC, was independently published in 2014 and became an instant success on Amazon. She is both traditionally an