Start by marking “I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You: The Real Meaning of the Sixteen Personality Types” as Want to Read:

Utilizing Jung's model of personality, this book illustrates the basic differences in the ways people read and respond to the same situations.
Published March 4th 1997 by Nicholas Brealey Publishing

Start your review of I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You: The Real Meaning of the Sixteen Personality Types
Ana Mardoll
I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You / 978-1-857-88552-1

I'm admittedly not a big fan of the Myers-Briggs personality types model. I've seen the model employed badly, too many times, at corporate retreats that seemed to use the model to stereotype and as an excuse to avoid getting to know individuals meaningfully. (One teacher argued that there was no point in ASKING an employee's opinion if you already knew what their "type" would want in any given situation - asking might result in misun
Kari
Nov 22, 2007 rated it really liked it
Along with only 2% of the population, I am an INFJ, an Introverted Intuitive type. At times I do feel a little crazy, and so I nearly cried joyous tears to realize that I am...uggh...utterably predictable :) For years I thought I was an ISFJ. To learn that I was really more of an Intuitive than a Sensor made a tremendous difference!
Kelly Horn
Nov 26, 2011 rated it did not like it
Not written for a lay audience, or anyone who didn't want to be bored to tears. Potentially interesting subject matter, but presented in driest fashion imaginable. Best reserved for professionals in personality research or hard-core masochists.
Lisa
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This overview of Myers-Briggs and Jungian type theory has been so helpful to me in my personal and professional life. I had skimmed it several years ago, but read it again after being selected as a supervisor. I recommend it to anyone who needs to find ways to connect with others who seem very difficult or hard to understand.
Tara
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: clinical, self-help
A good reference book. I wouldnt recommend it for those without a basic understanding of personality typology, as it is a bit heavy if you dont. Definitely not a book to read from cover to cover, but gives a good framework which you can dip in and out of.
Aalaa
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: أخضر
عارفة المعلومات مسبقا
Rose
Quick review for a very complex, informative read. I don't know if I can do justice to reflecting about this text in terms of the amount of information it has on personality type based on the MBTI standard, but it's very helpful, especially from a research/scientific standpoint in psychological and sociological standards.

I wouldn't say that "I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You" is the best text for introduction for a lay audience - because it's more of an academic text and vetted examination of MBT
مريم فريد
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book will give you an insight to the famous MBTI theory of personality types. It has a very good level of explanations for beginners who want to learn more in this field.
It's very interesting and will catch on you to go through it all simply because you can relate to the information on every page. The book chapters will start from the basics taking you through what personality types are all about, help you define your own personality type, and eventually discuss all the implications o
Sue
Jan 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
A bit heavy - it's taken me a year to read this, off and on! - but pretty sound as far as type and Jungian/Myers-Briggs personality theory go, with some cognitive function theory as well. The authors stress that all types are valuable and good, and also that type is a 'subtext' to the real individual.

Plenty of explanations about what people expect, trust and appreciate, and how easy it is to get caught up in our own preconceived ideas. Lots of charts summarising how each of the sixteen Myers-Br
Angélique (Angel)
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazingly insightful and intriguing book. The authors delivered the information in such a captivating manner that it was easy to become immersed in the info. Their use of analogies and charts really helped expound upon what they had already said. I can honestly say I know a lot more about myself and others around me because of this book.
Farras Eldy
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Picked this book because i've always interested in personality types. Boy, this book just changes my perception about types almost entirely. I used to think that there are always better types, but after reading this, i realized that is the wrong approach to types.

This book essentially is a tool for helping people understand, that others might not act or think the way you prefer. It's a tool for achieving better communication. We just have to value other preferable action and thoughts, because i
Kristina
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Decent summary of understanding different personality types' behaviour, motivation and potential. It makes senses that these things are more interesting for introverts who probably have better skills to apply some of the learnings in real life and benefit from them.

Generally a bit more believable framework than zodiac signs. Because, of course, Jung.
Kimberly
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
The information was well-researched-great for anyone who wants to know what backs up the labels. However, with the title so inviting, I thought it would be more engaging for an ‘everyday’ reader. This is more for someone who would want to delve into more technical knowledge about the types. It was not exactly what I was looking for at this time.
Helen Hnin Oo Lwin
Thumbed through the book. Good but wasn't impressed. Info-dump and heavy. Probably will never read it again.
Manly
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: memorable
A really good and easy to read book on personality type.
Teresa
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book takes an approach to MBTI that is far more useful than the common "horoscope" stereotyping and scapegoating that many use type theory to reinforce. Descriptions are always discussed on a continuum, and explained in ways that are respectful of free will, as well as cultural, generational, and other differences. The intent behind the book is to foster an understanding of differences, and to encourage people to not only value diversity in personality, but to work with it.

Used
Andrea D
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Very informative. If you really want a thorough understanding of the different personality types you can get it here. I would suggest not just reading it but really study it. I learned “enough”.
Shawna
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up because I thought it might help me move up in my career if I started learning how to better communicate with other people. I got so much more than that out of it though. I have been recommending this book to everybody I know. After reading the information about personality types and how they interact I was able to reinterpret conversations I had had not only at work but also with my husband and friends and I now feel like I have a much better understanding of how the other ...more
J Marie
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
I found this book repetitive, dry, and unhelpful compared to other things I've been reading on type theory. It might just be that it wasn't written by/designed for an ENFP like me; there are too many charts, too little narrative or context. I understand that the authors wanted to keep things as scientific as possible, not relying on anecdotes to communicate their points, but honestly after reading through every single chart giving one more (nearly identical) component of type, I still don't feel ...more
Jason
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"who will speak for the wolf?" absolutely loved it. I thoroughly enjoyed the informative nature and clear presentation of the MBTI structure and foundational basis. I personally found the "dry" aspects (as others put it) the most useful. The outlines and bullet points made for great references, and were always followed by practical stories and personal experiences which helped to apply each concept to real world examples.
The book briefly touches on the importance and relevance Carl Jung played
Reiden
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
I've skimmed a lot of a MBTI personality books, but this is the first one that I've read straight through. The organization and chapters were done well. Instead of just giving general differences between the types, the book is broken into smaller sections that look at each type's differences in areas such as: communication, emotional intelligence, motivators, stressor, thinking patters, etc. This book will definitely be a resource I will reference in the future. Possibly a 5-star when compared t ...more
May
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hmm...I was expecting the book to give me more in-depth analysis of the 16 different Myers Briggs personality types but each chapter tends to give a general overview of that particular theme (e.g. communication pathways or value differences) and then give 2-3 sentence comment in chart form for each of the personality type. Needless to say, this book was not what I expected and hence, my "ok" rating. Thought I have to admit, the title elicited several chuckles among work colleagues!
Morag Gray
Mar 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People intersted in personality types
This is a good follow-on book. You need to have some understanding of personailty typing, particulary the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, in order to get the best out of this work. Rather than providing the reader with descriptions of each type, it delves into the realms of how to develop weaker parts of the personality, how to recognise reactions in oneself and in other types, and how to deal with them.
Dawn
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm thinking 3.5 stars here. I've been dipping in and out of this book for a few months and finally finished it. I identify strongly with my MBTI personality type and this book has lots of interesting information about how my dominant and secondary functions manifest themselves in everyday situations. Parts of it are a little dry, but mostly it moved right along and kept my attention.
Abdullah Al-Elewah
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book, which explain the importance of understanding the personality type. One can discover his own type in the first chapters. It helped me to understand people around me starting with my family and close friends.

I recommend this book for who is interested in the MBTI theory of personality types.
Elena
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really great Meyers-Briggs type of personality profiling. Gives you some insights into your personality. However, StrengthQuest by Gallup is so far and beyond better. I think there is a book out there called Strengths 2.0 for this purpose.
Gini
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I highlighted a lot of information I thought was interesting and useful. Occasionally, I flip open this book to review those parts. It's pretty easy. I like the way MBTI is explained in this book and the lay-out. They included some nice informational tables.
AyЯa Acuña
While reading this, I found myself enjoying the other parts of the book and for the rest, I wished I just didn't read it. I'm giving it three stars because it's still a helpful and informative in spite of it being a drab.
Val
Apr 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I felt this book was very informative, but very dry reading.
Daniela
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Interesting at the beginning but gets really boring after the first 5 chapters or so. It talks about the MBTI personality types and has some nice tables you can just scan and ignore the rest of the book. Honestly, you can get better and more interesting insights online at https://www.16personalities.com I actually read this book after taking this test and doing some online research hoping to learn more, but it was not worth it, I just started skipping pages and being bored to death even when I find the subject fascinating.
Kerry_True
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Through this book, I understand more about people in this world: how we perceive and see things differently and how to perfect ourselves through life, a long journey.

Understand others just like you Understand yourself, accept yourself and embrace yourself.
Margaret
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Provides great framework for understanding different personality types, different perspectives, and bridging communication.
D U N Y A
*يعتمد النمو البشري على قدرتنا على توسيع طرقنا في معالجة المعلومات و التعامل معها.*
Paula Merrill
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a life changing book for me. Suddenly it was ok to just be me.
Nancy Gibson
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book about the value of psychological diversity.
Samantha
Apr 14, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I have a really hard time fitting myself into the Myers-Briggs test, so that could be why I had a hard time with the book. I bounce back and forth between E/I and F/T a lot.
Zainab Maghrabi
Feb 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I read arabic edetion
Alison G.
i read one page of this and realized it wasnt what i was expecting. so this book i am definitely giving up on! im not reading a psychology book.
Melinda
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a fan of personality type info and Myers-Briggs then this is a comprehensive explanation of it. Great read. Interesting insight.
Arwa
Oct 25, 2012 added it
Shelves: unfinished
I stopped on page 63. I didn't find it interesting enough to continue.
Michelle
Mar 18, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Nice review of Myers-Briggs and how all the types interact.
Tara
Very related to personality type.
Paul
Jan 30, 2008
Anja
Feb 18, 2008

• Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type
  • The Book of No: 250 Ways to Say It--And Mean It--And Stop People-Pleasing Forever
  • Mars and Venus Starting Over: A Practical Guide for Finding Love Again After a Painful Breakup, Divorce, or the Loss of a Loved One
  • First Impressions: What You Don't Know about How Others See You
  • The Enneagram Made Easy: Discover the 9 Types of People
  • تعزيز تقدير الذات
  • One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way
  • بوصلة الشخصية: أسلوب جديد لفهم الناس
  • Stop the Excuses!: How to Change Lifelong Thoughts
  • Le Père de nos pères
  • Use Your Head
  • L'analyse transactionnelle (Eyrolles Pratique)
  • Le bonheur, désespérément