Start by marking “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” as Want to Read:
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

(Saddleback Classics)

Timeless Classics--designed for the struggling reader and adapted to retain the integrity of the original classic. These classic novels will grab a student's attention from the first page. Included are eight pages of end-of-book activities to enhance the reading experience.
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published January 1st 2011 by Saddleback Educational Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Start your review of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Elizabeth
I listened to the Librivox recording of this book. I had not previously read this book, but was familiar with the premise. As with many books in the late 19th century, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde uses science as a means of exploring the darker side of human nature and the dangers that lie there for those that do not heed the moral code of civilized society. The structure and pacing of the story reinforces the horror of the final revelation.
Ariel Romero
The book that I read was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde written by Robert Louis Stevenson. What I liked about this book was the characters, mostly Dr. Jekyll. Dr. Jekyll was a guy with two bodies he was a tall guy, scientist and wealthy. He was also Mr. Hyde he just had to take a drug.
I thought that the best part of the book was when Dr. Jekyll took the drug to transform into Mr. Hyde. He could transform back to Dr. Jekyll whenever, he just had to drink the drug. At the end he decided to drink a
Kaylee D
Dec 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was just about a man who is actually two. Just one man which is Mr. Hyde takes over Dr. Jekyll and makes him do horrible things.
I didn't really like this book it wasn't very scary. If they made it into a movie then maybe it would be scary but the book was not. I would not recommend this book to anyone. If you think it is interesting then be my guest, read it. I don't know why my teacher made us read this. It was too short, it wasn't even a book, it was just a short story
Hend Ahmed
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not ordinary ,breathtaking and different one. I loved the idea, at first I thought Mr Utterson's character would be like Sherlock Holmes' one, so I saw it would be so boring.. But on the contrary, I found that the idea is unique .
Really nice work .
Stephen Buerger
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Second read was an Audiobook in Spanish. Zoned out here and there while driving, but it was good practice, at least.
ALS
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
interesting ❤❤
thelittlebookishgirl
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Soha AL-asiri
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The end was shocked me ..
Emilie
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic novella by the master of storytelling! True, it's one of the more famous and re-told stories used in present day arts culture and even every day conversation, but nothing beats the original. I think I read this once as a young teenager, and I'll confess that it's much deeper than I first remembered. The plot is gripping and terrifying, of course, but the final chapter is the true revelation of the hard moral philosophies each human must face, and how within us all, is the desire for ...more
Emily
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good read. The story progressed at a good pace, the writing was beautiful, and the premise was interesting even if you know the 'twist'. Not at all what I was expecting after having seen numerous parodies of the characters Jekyll and Hyde. I felt that the ending was a bit abrupt, though. I never got any closure for Mr. Utterson.
MarChocolat
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Un clásico muy interesante, el cual me tome mi tiempo para disfrutarlo a pesar de que es corto te atrapa y te hace hacerte muchas preguntas sobre estas dos personas, pienso que esa novela se pudo haber explotado un poco más, pero para su época está muy bien desarrollada, corta y concisa, me gustó mucho la forma en la que está narrada.
Emily Lauren
Aug 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Facinating book about controling and releasing the beast within. I couldn't read this myself though...instead I had an audiobook playing the background as I had the text in front of me. I didn't know a lot of the words so I was counting on the audiobook to help me there. This also helped me finish the book faster.
Brandon O'Neill
Oct 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is an audio book, so I'm not really "reading" it, but I am listening to it when I am in my car. This is one story that I think everyone knows, but I don't know how many have actually read (or in my case listened to) it. Not sure if this was an abridged story or not, but it is an example of a very readable (or listenable) classic.
Karen Mosley
Jun 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
Always interesting to read a Classic. You think you know the story, but find out it's different in many ways. I liked the third-person telling of the story, but it's hard to get a handle on exactly what Dr. Jekyll was thinking and feeling until he writes his last letter at the end.
J
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: classics
Gotta love these classic horror stories! Jekyl and Hyde is a short book, and even though we all know the story of how Dr. Jekyl drinks a potion and turns into his evil alter-ego Mr. Hyde, the telling of the story is creepy and the vocabulary is brilliant.
Lisa
Sep 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Interesting concept of someone choosing the evil side because they enjoy what they get to do. It's sad to think that many people do that today, obviously with not such drastic measures, but still...
Daniel Winegar
Nov 07, 2011 rated it liked it
I was glad it was short. The best part was the idea every man being a mixture of good and evil, and the attempt to separate the two. The last chapter was the best, by far, as It allowed me to step into Dr. Jekyll's shoes a bit and feel the horror of the dark inside taking over.
Spencer Brokaw
Sep 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was okay. I read it at age 10, and I am now 12, and you can imagine how much better I would understand this book now. It was good, and it had me wanting to read more. I liked it a lot, and hope to read it again this year, I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline, and it is a great classic.
Beth Levitt
Jun 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Odd, but I don't believe I've ever read this book. Funny how often one can know the story (probably from the movie or movies) but never read the book. Same with Frankenstein, Dracula (which I just read a while back).
Chelsea
Sep 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really loved reading this book. I'm looking forward to reading Stevenson's other books!
Katie
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-for-fun
Pretty dull and not very interesting. There's not much action, but lots of talking, if you like that sort of thing.
Heather
Jul 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Chandrika
Feb 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A great science fiction!!!
Allegra
May 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Really underestimated how it would challenge perceptions of the human psyche.
Rubi
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
En innumerables ocasiones he encontrado referencia a éste libro en otros libros, tantas veces que me decidí a leerlo. Es una historia corta, me pareció como un cuento que me pudieron leer mis papás.
Ashley

• On Numbers and Games
  • American Dictionary of the English Language
  • Shipwrecked!: The True Adventures of a Japanese Boy
  • The Sackett Companion
  • Horse of a Different Color: Reminiscences of a Kansas Drover (Little Britches, #8)
  • The Spiritual Lives of the Great Composers
  • Mathematicians Are People, Too: Stories from the Lives of Great Mathematicians, Volume 1
  • The Real Benjamin Franklin (Vol. 2 of the American Classic Series)
  • The Decameron: Selected Tales
  • The E.L. Konigsburg Collection
  • Literature from the "Axis of Evil": Writing from Iran, Iraq, North Korea, and Other Enemy Nations
  • David Copperfield: Charles Dickens' Classics (adapted)
  • Brer Rabbit's a Rascal
  • The Horse-Tamer (The Black Stallion, #14)
  • The Horror of It All: One Moviegoer's Love Affair with Masked Maniacs, Frightened Virgins, and the Living Dead...
  • Reel Terror: The Scary, Bloody, Gory, Hundred-Year History of Classic Horror Films
  • 13 Views of the Suicide Woods

Saddleback Classics (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Moby Dick (Saddleback Classics)
  • The Count of Monte Cristo (Saddleback Classics)
  • A Tale of Two Cities (Saddleback Classics)
  • Hamlet (Saddleback Classics)
  • Pride and Prejudice (Saddleback Classics)
  • Julius Caesar (Saddleback Classics)
  • The Call of the Wild (Saddleback Classics)
  • Robinson Crusoe
  • Gulliver's Travels (Saddleback Classics)
  • Othello (Saddleback Classics)