Start by marking “Journal d'un album” as Want to Read:
Journal d'un album

Journal d'un album

An inside look at France’s superstar cartooning team
Maybe Later sees Dupuy & Berberian working separately for the first time, each cartoonist taking turns to tell the behind-the-scenes “making of” their bestselling Mr. Jean series. In fluid black-and-white, with hilariously paranoid digressions and surreal dream sequences, Maybe Later is a record of their unique
Published October 1st 2002 by L'Association (first published January 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Journal d'un album, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journal d'un album

Josephus FromPlacitas
A journal about two French comic authors making their comics. I kind of wish I'd just found a copy of their comic itself rather than this reflection about what life is like making their comic, a lot of the references were over my head or too self-referential to be clear.

The visual ideas about their troubles and anxieties could be pretty neat at times (like when one of them had a nightmare that they were human-faced geese running through a perilous maze), but they never drew me in, nor did they b
Liz Yerby
Why do I like meta nonfiction comics so much? I don't know, but there's some really beautiful panels in here, and just perfect moments. Drawn & quarterly puts out so much of this kind of stuff and I love it. I'm also really into this lettering that is happening, too. This genre of comic has it's flaws, it does seem a bit self-involved but augh! There's something perfect and honest here.
Jacobi
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trades-read
This was a really enjoyable book. It is essentially a journal kept by two artists, documenting the process of creating a comic, and the troubles that arise that get in the way. This was just a really well done, heartfelt, comic.
Kate
Jul 10, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, memoir
I haven't read any of their wildly popular comics about their recurring character Monsieur Jean. This one is a journal of their experiences that mostly focuses on writing the journal. I'll try finding some of their other comics.
Emma