Start by marking “CRUEL YULE: Holiday Tales of Crime for People on the Naughty List” as Want to Read:
CRUEL YULE: Holiday Tales of Crime for People on the Naughty List

CRUEL YULE: Holiday Tales of Crime for People on the Naughty List

The loose-cannons of crime fiction over at Thuglit Magazine bring you CRUEL YULE!

Featuring:
THE SANTA CON by Rob Hart
CHRISTMAS MORNING COMING DOWN by Jordan Harper
MISTLETOE by Hilary Davidson
LETTERS TO SANTA by Thomas Pluck
OKEECHOBEE by Ed Kurtz
FELIZ NAVIDEAD by Brace Godfrey (as discovered by Johnny Shaw)
THE BRASS COIN by Justin Porter
A VERY BLACKY CHRISTMAS by An
Published November 19th 2015 by Thuglit Publishing

To ask other readers questions about CRUEL YULE, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CRUEL YULE

Kemper
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’m so glad that I finished up this collection of holiday themed crime stories from Thuglit magazine just in time for Christmas. Give or take five days or so. You know what they say about it being close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades.

And speaking of hand grenades, Chingon is back!!

The main reason I bought this was because of Johnny Shaw’s* magnificent creation, Chingon. Feliz Navidead is a story by Brace Godfrey that was ‘discovered' by Shaw that spoofs men’s adventure novels from the ‘
James Thane
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
The world owes a huge debt of gratitude to Johnny Shaw for “discovering” a new story by the brilliant Brace Godfrey, featuring Chignón, the World’s Deadliest Mexican. “Feliz Navidead” appears in CRUEL YULE: HOLIDAY TALES OF CRIME FOR PEOPLE ON THE NAUGHTY LIST, recently released from the gentle folks at THUGLIT. It’s a simple, heartwarming, sentimental, timely and inspirational tale that reduced me to tears within the first few paragraphs. A cynical person, like that Jay Stringer guy, for exampl ...more
Benoit Lelièvre
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Thuglit crew don't need no introduction anymore. They are an all-star lineup of the most dynamic and up-and-coming young writers in the business. Todd Robinson and his crime partners decided to take a bite off the Christmas market this year, so who should you be on the lookout for?

- Jordan Harper's CHRISTMAS MORNING COMING DOWN, of course. Harper can do no wrong in my book. I never thought hardboiled drug stories could be moving, but it was before reading this.

- Hilary Davidson's MISTLETOE l
Kevintipple
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Known for their very good bimonthly magazine of crime fiction (often very dark and twisted), the Thuglit folks put together their first themed holiday collection. Thuglit Presents Cruel Yule is an anthology of 11 twisted stories set during the holiday season. If you are have ever considered the idea that Santa Claus was a peeping tom pervert who stalked people long before the NSA decided to track everyone, this is the book for you.

After a very brief introduction from Editor Todd Robinson it is o
Scott Cumming
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christmas with Thuglit is just as good as it sounds. The entries from Rob Hart, Hilary Davidson and Todd Robinson had me wondering why I haven't found the time to get into their novels yet. Jordan Harper and Jen Conley deliver the goods as always and I enjoyed my introduction to Angel Colon's Blacky Jaguar, whose first novella I recently purchased.

Highly recommended for next Christmas for all you naughty kids.
Dave
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, Rob Hart just hits it right smack outta the park with The Santa Con, the very first offering. Starting with six half-drunken Santas in the bank, the story is absolutely balls-to-the-wall funny. It may just be the craziest bank robbery since Dog Day Afternoon.

Follow that up with Harper's Coming Down Christmas Morning, an excellent story about nitrous dealers in the California desert.

And then there are still another nine tales, some that briefly touch on the holiday season. These are stories
Rory Costello
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Clever concept from a clever crew...Thuglit is just the right group of writers to dish up this kind of holiday story.
As always, the editors take care to provide variety in terms of periods, places, and tones.

Some of them are quite funny, notably Rob Hart's leadoff entry (the Johnny Shaw entry was full-on cartoonish, and I'll admit to not liking it as much). Todd Robinson's lovable knuckleheads Boo and Junior (from his book "The Hard Bounce") are also back, providing some good laughs as well.

Jen
Chuck Barksdale
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this Christmas themed collection that's obviously not for everyone. Fans of Thuglit will not be disappointed however. My favorites were the first and last by Rob Hart and Todd Robinson respectively. I've not read much of their work but have both of their novels and now look forward to reading them even more after reading these stories. I've read Hilary Davidson's writing the most and her story was certainly one of the best. Jen Conley's contribution, Fork was also one of my favorites.
Joe
Dec 14, 2015
Erik Schick
Dec 07, 2015
Jordan Harper
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michael