Start by marking “What the Marquess Sees (Agents of Change, #2)” as Want to Read:
What the Marquess Sees (Agents of Change, #2)

What the Marquess Sees

(Agents of Change #2)

England 1814: He is a marquess with a woman to protect and an assassin to thwart. She is…not nice.

The Marquess of Dansbury is a strong, charismatic man living a charmed life as an agent for the crown. His past isn’t without tragedy, but he is too amiable to allow misfortune to mar his positive outlook on life. Until now…when he finds himself tasked with protecting the one
Published December 7th 2015 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about What the Marquess Sees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Marquess Sees

Start your review of What the Marquess Sees (Agents of Change, #2)
Ermione Pickwick
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BOOOOOM!

My heartbeat has been overly tested by this novel, I still feel the hungover. This is one of those few romances where I have had a much bigger appreciation for the heroine than for the hero. I did love both, but I must say that Lady Beatryce is an extremely complex character, with her, the reader is always on the edge between disliking and loving her; I found myself more than once in the position to empathise with her and understanding her actions despite the fact that they are obviously
Jessica Cale
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romances
Lady Beatryce Beckett’s father is dead, but that doesn’t stop his sadistic associates from the Society of the Purification of England from pursuing her for what she knows. Her ex-fiance is away and safely married to her cousin, and she has no one left to turn to for help except for Cliff, the charismatic Marquess of Dansbury.

Cliff is as amiable as he is gorgeous, but it seems like the only person in England he truly dislikes is Lady Beatryce. Although he’s seriously attracted to her, he’s seen
Elaine
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! I think I still prefer book 1 though, and I believe I know why. I didn't like Bea before, although liked her a little better, but not much in this story. To me, Dansbury's personality seemed different at the beginning of this novel, from book 1. Or perhaps not. It might be my memory letting me down again!
Anyhow, I found this to be a fab story. A most enjoyable read. And I love Amy Quinton's writing style. Loved what we heard of from MacLeod. Can't wait for his story (with Dansbury's Am
Juliet DeTiberiis
Another great read!

There was never a dull moment and the main characters sizzled the entire time. Steamy scenes and laugh out loud moments make this a definite keeper!
Lori Quick
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading What a Marquess Sees by Amy Quinton. It is the second book in the Agents of Change series. Non stop action that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

This book has spies, traitors, abuse, steamy love scenes, weddings, love, passion, and much more. If you want an action packed book, this one is for you!!
Anna
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What The Marquess Sees
By: Amy Quinton

Bullies come in all forms. And they come in the form of small petite ladies. Lady Beatryce Beckett was a terrible bully. She was mean and spiteful and ruined anyone that got in her way. She would even be mean purely just to be mean. To say she was not liked would be an exaggeration. Who could like her?

The Marquess of Dansbury didn't like her, at all. At first, he thought she was attractive. But then, he was treated to her behavior. He finds her presence repu
AnnMarie
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
What the Marquess Sees by Amy Quinton is the second book in her Agents of Change Series. I haven't had the opportunity to read the first book, but this one was easily read as a stand alone one.

The story revolves around Cliff, The Marquess of Dansbury, who is a spy for the Crown. At the beginning of the story he has his first encounter with Lady Beatryce Beckett. From the shadows on a patio he sees her and immediately falls in lust with her. He is fascinated by her, but before he gets an opportun
Becky Cox
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved being surprised and What the Marquess Sees, definitely surprised me. Truly loved this book and Beatryce and Cliff.

I have not read the first book in Agents of Change but had no trouble reading this book as a standalone.

In the beginning I really wanted to hate Beatryce but as the book progresses my feelings about her changed to respect and admiration. Loved the Marquess from the start and only grew to love him more. The banter was entertaining to say the least.

I love the time period; the
Heather
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Do you love a good book with spies and traitors? One with a protective, loving hero, and a strong, willful though very cruel heroine? If you answered YES to one or both of those questions then this book IS for you.

I absolutely loved book one in this series and was truly looking forward to reading this one. I needed to know how Beatryce was going to redeem herself and how the charming, charismatic Cliff Danbury was going to protect her with out killing her. Amy Quinton did a wonderful job showing
Barbara Leuthe
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book Lady beatryce story was so sad I really wanted her to have a happy ending.I am glad her father died after the way he treated her.Dansbury was a great foil to her and they belonged together.I cant wait to read the next book in the series.Alasdair and dansburys sister should make a great story .Need to know when the next installment is ready!!!!I received this book free as part of goodreads giveaways.
Macaron
I didn't like the heroine, Beatryce, who was the antagonist in book 1. The changes in characters and twists are too far fetched, not credible. Like in book 1, the story in book 2 is left unfinished. I read book 2 because I was curious and wanted to know. But I was too disappointed and won't read book 3.
Mandi Schreiner
I'm having a hard time getting into this one. Going to sit it aside for now.
Amy Quinton
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
Of course... :)
Tina
May 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. I did not like the main female character at all. In the previous book she was a nasty, spiteful, vindictive bitch, which made it impossible to believe her character change in this book.
Yvette
Kinsey Corwin
Dec 12, 2017
Debra Martin
Well written but....

I absolutely adored the first book in the series and was looking forward to this one. However I didn't realise the heroine in this book would the villain of the first. The author did such a good job in making me hate her that for me there could be no redemption for her. Wish the hero could have been pared with someone else because he was a wonderful friend in the first book and deserved someone better in his story.
Emma Moroney
Jun 05, 2017
Feb 03, 2016
The MFRW Book Place: 6 Dec 2016 - What the Marquess Sees 2 5 Dec 09, 2016 04:02AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 16, 2016 08:23AM
Liquid Silver Books: What the Marquess Sees by Amy Quinton 1 4 Dec 07, 2015 08:03PM

• The Madness of Viscount Atherbourne (Rescued from Ruin, #1)
  • A Marriage Made in Scandal (Rescued from Ruin, #8)
  • The Reluctant Duchess
  • A Lady and Her Magic (Faerie, #1)
  • Twelve Nights as His Mistress (Rescued from Ruin, #5.5)
  • Confronting a Rake (A Rake's Redemption, #1)
  • Saved by a Rake (Eversley Siblings #1)
  • Deceiving an Earl
  • Three Masks and a Marquess (Parvenues & Paramours, #3)
  • The Fall of Lord Drayson (Tanglewood, #1)
  • The Forbidden Valentine: Lady Eleanor Hawthorne (Hawthorne Sisters, #1)
  • Food Chain (Bigfoot War #3)
  • Bigfoot War
  • A Lady's Mystery: Regency Romance (Ladies, Love, and Mysteries Book 1)
  • Barefoot in Hyde Park (The Hellion Club Book 2)
  • Winning the Heart of the Mischievous Duke: Historical Regency Romance Novel
  • The Shadows: Regency Romance (Ladies, Love, and Mysteries)
  • Species Unknown: A Novel of The Watch
Amy Quinton writes humorous historicals with heat, often from her back porch in Summerville, South Carolina but sometimes with her BFF at the kitchen table. And only when her dog and three cats allow. (She’s guilty of spoiling them horribly.)

She’s susceptible to shiny things, soft things, leather, trips to the thrift store, Whisky, tattoos, witchy things, Bunco with her Bitches, and men in kilts (

Agents of Change (4 books)
  • What the Duke Wants (Agents of Change, #1)
  • What the Scot Hears (Agents of Change, #3)
  • What the Rake Remembers (Agents of Change, #4)

News & Interviews

“Of course they were surprised. Hmmm, let’s see…She had all but disappeared from society. She and the groom skipped out on their own wedding—on their wedding day. Father had died, and she hadn’t attended the funeral.” 2 likes