Start by marking “Cross Justice (Alex Cross, #23)” as Want to Read:
Cross Justice (Alex Cross, #23)

Cross Justice

(Alex Cross #23)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  21,548 ratings  ·  1,748 reviews

The toughest cases hit closest to home.
Alex Cross left his hometown, and some awful family tragedies, for a better life with Nana Mama in Washington, DC. He hasn't looked back.
Now his cousin Stefan has been accused of a horrible, unthinkable murder, and Cross drives south with Bree, Nana Mama, Jannie, and Ali to Starksville, North Carolina, for the first time in thirty-f
Published November 23rd 2015 by Little Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Cross Justice, please sign up.

·  21,548 ratings  ·  1,748 reviews

Kaceey
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex Cross is back to help his family!

Alex and his family are bound for NC where he grew up. He has ventured back to help his cousin, now facing the death penalty for murdering a 13 year old child. The painful, haunting memories of growing up in the poor town of Starkville, NC come flooding back upon his return. But Alex has a job to do - piece together the mystery surrounding his family.

There’s the expected action: bullets flying and severed brake lines that always seem to accompany Alex. The
Phrynne
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books
Patterson books can vary between okay and brilliant. Cross Justice for me comes in as somewhere in between, i.e. very good!

When the book began I faltered a bit. It was slow and a little silly but then something happened and it really took off. There were guns going off all over the place but hardly anyone got killed although it came very close. The final chapters of the book, with the culmination of the court scenes and the amazing twist which I at least did not see coming, were really good.

I mu
Monnie
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of all the book series written (or co-written) by James Patterson, those featuring police psychologist Dr. Alex Cross have remained at the top of my favorites list ever since the very first one (for the record, this is the 23rd). I'm happy to say this one doesn't disappoint. Also for the record, I was happy to see that it doesn't follow what seems to be a trend these days - books that are closer to a novella in length than a full-length book.

As is expected with any Patterson book, the chapters a
Skip
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-detective
The best Alex Cross book in many, many years. He and his family travel back to the town in which he was raised by his parents, who met with untimely ends, resulting in Alex and his brothers being adopted by Nana Mama and moving north. Alex is asked to assist his niece in defending his cousin, who is accused of rape and murder of a young boy. Meanwhile, there is a second storyline about a series of robbery/murders in Florida, where Alex goes to learn what really happened to his long dead father. ...more
Wendy
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cross Justice

At first when I finished reading this novel I wasn't so sure what I really thought about it but the more I thought about it I ended up loving it. This book is like no other Alex Cross novel that I have ever read. It was a feel good book and I love that you never saw the ending coming. I love when James Patterson writes his own books without a co author, you can really tell the difference in the story and the writing. I'm so happy that he wrote a good book this time.
Brenda
Thirty five years it took Alex Cross to return to his roots – and that was only because his family called for his help in clearing his cousin Stefan’s name of the terrible charges that had been levelled against him. Apart from Alex’s eldest son Damon, the rest of the family arrived in Starksville, North Carolina where they joined Alex’s aunts and Uncle Clifford.

As the trial began, Alex and Bree knew the evidence was strong against Stefan – but they also felt some things didn’t quite add up. Qui
Suzanne
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you kidding me with those last several chapters! This was an awesome installment with so much going on. I loved the whole aspect of Cross going home and reading all the secrets and people of his past revealing themselves. This one is my favorite Alex Cross novel so far.

My quick and simple overall: incredible plots with some amazing reveals.
Suzanne the Bookaholic and Proud
WOW!!!!! no one can ever get enough of Mr pattersons books

yet again another great, fast paced, on edge, mysterious, brilliant, fantastic book from Mr patterson, again and again you can never get enough of Alex cross and his fine detective and police skills, and with every book of James patterson you will always be guessing and never figure it out, even when you think your on the right track and got it all sussed it will always be the one person you never even thought of.

so Mr patterson hope the
Alex Cantone
This was only the second James Patterson book I have picked up, the other I discarded due to its first person, present tense, in-your-face format: I like to absorb a book. Initially I had my doubts as the scene skipped between the sub-story of a cross-dressing killer in Miami, and Alex Cross, wife Bree and the two younger kids returning to his hometown of Starksville, NC three decades after Cross left there, where his cousin, Stephan, is arraigned on charges of the drug-fuel rape of a teenage gi ...more
Marianne
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cross Justice is the twenty-third book in the popular Alex Cross series by prolific American author, James Patterson. Alex Cross, wife Bree Stone, Nana Mama, Jannie and Ali are in North Carolina. Needing a break after recent traumatic events in their lives, the Cross family heads to Starksville, the town from which Nana Mama rescued Alex and his brothers when their parents died.

A request from his niece, lawyer Naomi Cross, sees Alex returning to the town he has not visited for thirty-five years
Kat Dietrich
Cross Justice by James Patterson is the 23rd in the Alex Cross Series:

Series Background (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books):
Alex Cross is a former FBI agent, and now a Detective working in Washington DC. He is also a psychologist. He gets involved in most high-profile cases. His family, which are usually an integral part of the books, include: Nana Mama (his 90-something Grandmother who raised him); Damon (his eldest son, away at College); Jannie (his daughter, in high school);
Melody
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!

By far the best Alex Cross book yet. So full of suspense, family, intrigue, but so totally different from the others. James Patterson pulled out all stops to bring out every kind of emotion known--hate, disgust, empathy, sympathy, love, gratitude, greed, and many others.

Thank you for giving us the true background on Alex Cross and allowing us to meet more of his family.
Kris
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While the last 50 pages were entertaining, the rest of it was almost painful to read. For the first 70 pages you meet about a character a page and they all come with long explanations like, "He was my Aunt Hattie's cousins kid" or "Nana Momma's brother's wife". It gets very confusing to keep them straight, and then you realize you don't have to because none of them matter anyway. Possibly my least favorite Cross book.
Jane Russo
Patterson really needs to stop! This was good until the sappy totally ridiculous ending!!
Kathi Defranc
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best books I have read,with Alex Cross out to the town he was born and grew up in to assist in the trial of his cousin. The pages turn as you follow with the Cross family as they become involved in what happened years ago to the trial happening now. Problems appear at every step,leading to a thrilling and exciting end!! Any who like Patterson's Alex Cross must have this book on your list,definitely number one on mine!!
Ms. Nikki
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, borrowed
Losing interest in these read. The potential track-star daughter seems to have the most interesting and important role.
Gerard V
Dec 18, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If this was by an unknown author it would not be published. Stupid preposterous story
Chloe
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to Alex Cross series !
Sojourner
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
It’s twenty-three years and twenty-three installments of justice the Alex Cross-way since the first book in the series, Along Came a Spider, appeared in 1992. James Patterson has changed little. His trademark short chapters continue to enthrall readers, and his books continue to sell like hot cakes. They continue to generate interest, and make for an exciting and fast read. My admiration for him is full to the brim though I also have a huge pile of gripes, mostly relating to the frequent release ...more
Mike French
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alex and family travel to North Carolina to help prove his cousin is innocent of murder. Very entertaining and enjoyable book.
Matt
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
In this most recent Alex Cross novel, Patterson opens up about the protagonist who has been through many peaks and valleys over the past two decades. After an absence of over three decades, Alex Cross is headed home, back to his roots in North Carolina. While it would be nice to call this a family vacation in its truest form, Cross has a mission. Stefan Tate, a cousin, is on trial for rape and murder, with a pile of evidence making his guilt all but certain. However, Cross remains open-minded an ...more
Sarah Nessler
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 23rd installment in the Alex Cross series and all I can say is wow. There are so many twists and turns and to think one huge surprise at the end. This novel really collaborates there family which I enjoy so much. Yet again Alex gets to help bring justice for a family member as well as write the wrongs of those in a small town, in fact his small town. For those reviews that I have read that this was more traditional Alex Cross and that this is the best one in awhile for James Patterson. I wil ...more
Lawrence
Another great read by James Patterson. The Alex Cross series gets better and better. I highly recommend this book to ALL JP fans!!
Tammy Adams
2 1/2 stars. This was my least favorite of all the Alex Cross series.
Ethan
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Alex Cross series by prolific author James Patterson has remained a consistent favorite of mine over the years. It has become a kind of tradition that I get the copy of the latest installment as a Christmas gift. As expected, I was gifted a copy of the latest novel Cross the Line this past holiday. I opened the pages of the book and was faced with a shocking realization. Somehow, I had missed the previous novel, Cross Justice! I raced to my bookshelf, and there it sat. I definitely remember ...more
Frank
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hadn't read an Alex Cross novel for some time and now I really need to go back and read the ones I have missed. I thought Cross Justice was one of the best novels by Patterson that I have read and I would have to say that the Cross novels are the best of his series. Not sure if that is because Patterson actually wrote most of these books and did not rely on a co-author or just because Alex Cross is such a great character.

In this one, Cross and his family travel to Starksville, North Carolina,
Paula  Phillips
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off this book not only is the #23 book in the Alex Cross series but it also symbolises the 23rd year that Alex Cross has existed. James Patterson started writing the Alex Cross novels in 1993. This surprised me as I have always been a big fan of his books and the Alex Cross ones have always been my favourites. I still remember the day I found one of his books and read it and I was hooked. So hooked that I became a faithful and loyal reader of his books. Cross Justice started with Alex Cros ...more
Suellen

I've been reading about Alex Cross and his family since 1993. He actually feels like part of my family – an uncle that I would love to get together with over the holidays.

In this, the 23rd book in the series, Alex travels back to his beginnings in Starksville, North Carolina. His cousin, Stephan, has been charged with murder and rape. Stephan swears that he is innocent despite his shady past. On an extended leave from his D.C. job, Alex offers his assistance in getting to the heart of the matter
Kelly
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

• Action (Alex Cross)
  • Lights Out Lucy (Music City Rollers #1)
  • The Crossing (Harry Bosch, #18)
  • Hunt the Dragon (SEAL Team Six, #6)
  • Water Walker - Episode 3
  • Chicken Soup for the Prisoner's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit of Hope, Healing and Forgiveness (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
  • A Wedding in Maine
  • Private L.A.: by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan -- Review
  • Motive (Alex Delaware, #30)
  • 15 Seconds
  • Standup Guy (Stone Barrington, #28)
  • Kiss Kiss Bang (Iron Clad Security, #3)
  • Gathering Prey (Lucas Davenport, #25)
  • Christmas is Murder
  • Solitude Creek (Kathryn Dance, #4)
  • Above the Law (Casey Jordan, #2)
  • Wait for Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #17; Dark #2)
  • Stolen
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Alex Cross (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1)
  • Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross, #2)
  • Jack & Jill (Alex Cross, #3)
  • Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross, #4)
  • Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross, #5)
  • Roses are Red (Alex Cross, #6)
  • Violets Are Blue (Alex Cross, #7)
  • Four Blind Mice (Alex Cross, #8)
  • The Big Bad Wolf  (Alex Cross, #9)
  • London Bridges (Alex Cross, #10)
“I followed the adage that if you really want to learn about someone, you should just shut up and listen.” 0 likes
“painting, not that lifeless husk” 0 likes