Start by marking “A Matter of Time (Magic of Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Matter of Time (Magic of Love, #2)

A Matter of Time

(Magic of Love #2)

Nobody would blame widowed doctoral student Eliza James for giving up on Happily Ever After; at twenty-nine, she’s suffered more loss than most people do in a lifetime. But Eliza’s convinced her own hero is still out there, waiting for her, just like in the beloved romance novels she devours. Every girl deserves a Darcy, right?

Only Eliza doesn’t dream of a modern-day affai
Published November 30th 2015 by Locked On Love Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Matter of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Matter of Time

Natasha
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a real page-turner. Once I began reading this book, I only put it down twice- to pick my kids up from school and to cook dinner. As I predicted, this book was far more enjoyable than Book One in this series. Thank you, Ms. Locke, for focusing the plot on the relationship between the hero and heroine. There were no distracting subplots.

Eliza James, a Regency-era obsessed woman from the year 2012, has traveled back in time to the year 1812 thanks to the creative writing powers of her fri
Foy Iver
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With November being absolutely insane, I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to dedicate time (see what I did there?) to reading. But when I picked up the second installment in the Matters of Love series, I couldn’t put it down!
Locke’s talent for characters shines even brighter in “A Matter of Time”: Eliza wins everything; Deveric gives my favorite moody hero with sex appeal a run for his money (Rochester :swoon:); I could’ve done with less Frederick but every potential stepmom needs a sickly child t
Margaret Locke
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I do so hope you love Eliza and Deveric's story - I had so much fun writing, letting my imagination run free (okay, along with historical research) as to what it would be like to live in Regency England. And the ending gets me every time (even though *I* wrote it!). Thanks for giving A Matter of Time a shot!
Elissa Mahler
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was blessed with a free copy of this book, and have chosen of my own volition to share my review here, with you!

Wow, truly a tale that spans time. Starting in the end of 2011, where the first book in series left off; and continuing on into 1812 (yup time travel)! A love story that truly passes the test of time. I won't go into story specifics, but will tell you that this book will keep you wanting more.

The story line is fantastic, with twists and turns; and time travel! This book is not the ty
Terri Bond
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books i've read this year. If you liked the outlander series you will love this book
Josette
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Who needs a DeLorean when you've got a magical manuscript? This book is perfect for anyone who's ever thought, "I was born in the wrong era. I should have lived two hundred years ago, when things were simpler, more courteous, less stressful -- a time that inspired so many beautiful romance stories."

That's just the sort of thing protagonist Eliza James is always saying, and in this second book by author Margaret Locke, Eliza gets her wish to travel back in time to 1812 England.

It all seems so pe
Quinn Fforde
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved A Man of Character, and I was really looking forward to the sequel. I was disappointed to find that it just didn't work. As I was reading, two reasons for this came to mind. One, AMoC was contemporary and has a different rhythm than a historical novel. Of course, this is a contemporary woman in a historical setting; I understand that. However, AMoT tried to be a historical novel in most places. The wrong rhythm meant that the historical characters felt flat and forced. Deveric couldn't d ...more
Dora
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Characters I can cheer for

I was given this book by Margaret Locke, the author, and I have chosen to do a review of the book. A Matter of Time is the second book in the Magic of Love trilogy. I paid for and reviewed A Man of Character the first book in the series and loved it. These books are romances with a slight paranormal bent to them. Cat Schreiber, Eliza James' friend, has a manuscript that allows any male character that she writes as a love interest to become real. Eliza James who is a 29
Isabelle Rio
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading an advanced copy of this book. It was a very fitting follow-on to the first book in the series, A Man of Character, which I loved. The characters (especially Deveric Mattersley) were engaging, and the story was captivating. I enjoyed this book just as much as AMOC and am now eagerly awaiting the next book in the series.
Alan
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was pleased to have won this book in the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

This is the first time that I have read any books by this author and must admit that I am not a great fan of time travel. For once I rather enjoyed time travel, but then historical fiction is one of my favourite genres. I hope to read more books by Margaret Locke. Recommended.
Sharon Carr
Nov 23, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. I enjoyed A Man of Character and couldn't wait to read this one. I fell in love with the characters in the first book, made new friends in this one and can't wait for more from Margaret Locke!
Joanne Hetherington
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Good book and story.
Dora
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eliza James had faith her adventure would have the results she expected. Meet her own Mr. Darcy and made him fall in love with her. She was sure Cat had done things right and Deveric Mattersley, her duke, would be a sure thing. But, she found the Duke had his own story, his own issues and regrets. When the strange American woman suddenly appeared in his life, he was confused and attracted. Deveric Mattersley, seventh Duke of Claremont, had no life because he was drowning with guilt and the woman ...more
Alice
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2. Eliza gets her Duke

In a Man of Character, Eliza asks for Cat to write her into a Regency Romance and send her back in time to find a love match with a Duke. I truly enjoyed this time travel story. The only part that rang some what jaringly came from the fact that Eliza was presented as a literature scholar working on her Ph.D. with a dissertation on Jane Austin. She was a expert in the Regency period. Upon her arrival she made consistent glaring errors in speech and behavior, which would
Sharon Wagner
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

This book by Margaret Locke is absolutely wonderful! Loved every minute of it, couldn't put this book down! deveric and Eliza were perfect together. All the characters were awesome! Can't wait to read the next book.
Wendy Tavenner
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book!! Eliza knew she just didn't fit in in the 21st Century and asked her friend Cat to write a story and send her back to the Regency period and a Duke to fall in love with!! A wonderful story with a great ending!!
Nicole Normand
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
- I received a free copy from the author at AXP; this is my honest review.
- I can honestly say that this book was the most poignant and the saddest story I've ever read in a long time. I was absolutely delighted.
- I kept weeping, my heart kept cracking, but I kept thinking that there had to be more. More of everything.
- I wish the end (before the epilogue) had been longer so I could've had a bigger window into their happy life together.
- The author has a keen sense of observation and is able to
Emma Feng
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance with a complex twisting story

This story starts with some syfy and then adds a history lesson and a bit of sex. Beginning to end a good read that keep you coming back for more
Patricia
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Matter of Time is what romance is all about. The story captured every element. Adored this story
Marsha Spohn
Originally reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Eliza is lonely in her own time. She married young and lost her husband to the terror of one September morning. Not really finding anything that truly moves her, she is coasting through life working on her papers, running the bookstore with her beloved friend, Catherine – and now thanks to that amazing old manuscript that was passed down to Cat, she is also an observer of real magic at work. Her one love, or obsession perhaps are the Regency Romances that
Sara Tranum
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For the busy mom, regular romance reader or not, I recommend adding A Matter of Time to the “do not miss” list. Between the well-crafted plot and delightful characters, whose struggles become your own, it was so darn difficult to put down that I ended up carrying it around the house and reading furiously any time I had a few minutes to spare. For those who have read A Man of Character, the end is already a known quantity, and yet the story keeps you turning pages to the very last one. It’s a sat ...more
Britney (BookDrunkSloth)
Originally posted in Ramblings From This Chick

Eliza James wants to find love, and she truly doesn't feel like she's going to find it in the twenty first century. Luckily for her, her best friend, Cat, has discovered she can write stories and they can magically become reality. Cat and Eliza don't really think it will work, but Cat writes a story where Eliza time travels back to Regency England to find love.

Deveric Mattersly thinks he is dreaming when he arr
Vanessa
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh that was a great story… a really wonderful story that I enjoyed every minute of reading.

Cat (Eliza’s friends from 2012 and bringer of fictional characters to life) wrote Eliza’s love story pretty open just making it so Eliza and Deveric would be only attracted to each but not already in love with each other. This way they could fall in love or not it would be up to fate..but of course they would fall in love. I really liked that. Love cannot be forced it needs to be nurtured and given time t
Lynnette Smith
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner in this trio of books! I loved the story of Eliza going back in time to find her happily ever after. The story was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed reading how she was going to handle life without the modern technology she was so used to. I highly recommend this series of books!
Annie McDonnell
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in deep love with the first book in this series; called “A Man of Character”, so the anticipation of this release was exciting to say the least. Margaret Locke quickly went on to my list of favorite authors to follow!!!
This book can be a stand-alone read, but I have to say that you should not miss out on “A Man of Character” because it is such a wonderful story. Her new book, does not disappoint, either.
This is not your typical love story. Margaret Locke is a true gift to romance lovers e
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

What a wonderful book, I had the opportunity to read the first book and I loved it, so I was excited to be able to read A Matter of Time. This was such a lovely love story, mixed with a little magic thrown in. I loved reading through the development of Eliza and Dev's relationship, it was funny to see her use phrases from our time and you could just imagine what the people thought. This was one of the best fantasy, paranormal roma
Emily Street
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Margaret Locke continues her paranormal romance series with this time travel romance about a modern girl with fairly traditional values who wishes herself back into the Regency Era with the help of a loyal, loving friendship and a magical book.

The expected antics with Dukes and manners ensue. What sets this book apart from others is the internal conflict within the main character (its hard for her to have left her friend and loved ones in the future) and the very real difficulties explored as El
Mary
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is great book. It's well written, funny, full of brilliant characters and very entertaining. Deveric is amusing, Eliza is brave, and the family and friends add a lot of depth to the story. I love time travel stories mostly for the comedy of the characters trying to explain or understand the past/future differences, and this book didn't disappoint. I would love to read the stories about all the other characters too, all th ...more
Faye Lawson
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She had to take a trip to the past to gain her future!

She likes all things Regency, especially Jane Austen, and she asked her friend Cat to write her into a story where she meets and falls in love with her own Mr. Darcy in the form of the Duke of Matterley and achieves her happy ever after! The journey to that results did not proceed as expected! This book left me eager for the next time travel adventure from this author.
Bookerina Lovington
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED!!! This was my first time reading a book by Margaret Locke, but I will definitely be going back to read more by her. With this being a time-travel type romance, I was prepared for it to possibly be a bit predictable, a repeat of all the other romances of that type out there. Instead, it held its own. The story and characters kept your interest and left you wanting to read til the very end. I would definitely recommend this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Nothing But Time
  • A Viking For The Viscountess (A Most Peculiar Season, #1)
  • All the Time You Need (Magic of Time, #1)
  • Must Love Chainmail (Must Love, #2)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Time for a Duke
  • As You Wish
  • Once a Pirate
  • A Warriner to Rescue Her (The Wild Warriners #2)
  • Kieran the Black
  • The Nanny's Double Trouble
  • The Bridal Veil
  • To Tempt a Scoundrel (The Heart of a Duke, #15)
  • Improper Relations (Improper, #1)
  • Dragon Knight's Shield
  • Dirty Lies (Prison Planet, #4)
  • The Bond That Consumes Us (Eternal Bond, #3)
  • When a Gargoyle Pretends to be Santa Claus (Gargoyles, #4)
Don't tell anyone, but I started reading romance at the age of ten. I'd worked my way through all of the children's books available in the local bookmobile, so I turned to the adult section, where I spied a book with a woman in a flowing green dress on the cover. The back said something about a pirate. I was hooked (and still wish I could remember the name of that fateful book!).

My delight in wit

Magic of Love (3 books)
  • A Man of Character (Magic of Love, #1)
  • A Scandalous Matter (Magic of Love,  #3)