Start by marking “Super Happy Party Bears: Gnawing Around” as Want to Read:
Super Happy Party Bears: Gnawing Around

Super Happy Party Bears: Gnawing Around

(Super Happy Party Bears #1)

To the Super Happy Party Bears, everything is a good thing. Their entire attitude can be summed up in one word: YAY! They love doughnuts, dancing, and above all else—a good party. Not so for the rest of the animals living in the Grumpy Woods. They find the bears terribly annoying.

When a few beavers come to town, the Grumpy Woods are even grumpier than usual. These beavers
Published September 6th 2016 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Super Happy Party Bears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Happy Party Bears

Start your review of Super Happy Party Bears: Gnawing Around
Kirsti Call
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is clever, cheerful and easy to read. Filled with likable animal critters who are comically flawed, and a simple, action-filled plot, this book is fun for kids and adults. I read this book in one sitting with my 6 and 8 year olds. Both of them wanted to move on to the next in the series immediately. My 8 year old took the book to bed and re-read it that night. The next day I got requests from her brother for more SUPER HAPPY PARTY BEARS!

His words: "These are awesome. I love them! They
Sylvia
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How can super happy party bears be anything but super fun, funny and cute? This new series is a winner with funny, clever stories about a woods full of grumpy denizens, except for the super happy party bears, who will save the day with their super happy party ways. Kids will love the antics of all the characters and grown ups will chuckle at the witty jokes.

In Volume 1, can the super happy party bears and the grumpy woodland creatures join forces to deal with unwanted beavers who are ruining
Becky B
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Super Happy Party Bears and the Grumpy Woods residents both go about dealing with the new neighbors who are cutting off the water supply in their own way. The Grumpy Woods residents take the grumpier approach, while the Super Happy Party Bears are just eager for a welcoming party. What's going to solve the water issue?

I was afraid this was going to be too saccharine, but it is delightfully full of irony and witty humor instead. Just my cup of tea. Kids likely won't appreciate all the
Kit Feral
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
My 4 year old says 10 stars.
I say what just happened haha
Kim Mallady
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-aloud-drew
Cute pictures and not a horrible story, but terrible characters. Nobody in this book cares how anyone else feels, let alone tries to figure out why they might feel that way. Not a good book for teaching empathy.
Heidi
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Super Happy Party Bears love to have parties for anything and everything. Unfortunately, Mayor Quill and the other animals living in the Grumpy Woods prefer not to have parties of any kind. When Mayor Quill receives complimentary letters from the Bears, he huffs out to their house to demand they cut it out, but he only succeeds in leading them to start another party. But things get complicated when a family of beavers moves into the forest and cuts off the river by building a lodge. Mayor ...more
Giovanna Forsyth
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
so cute. these books are just darling. Great bridges books.
Lynn  Davidson
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super Happy Party Bears: Gnawing Around, written by Marcie Colleen, is book one of a chapter book series for young readers.

In Super Happy Party Bears: Gnawing Around we are introduced to the Super Happy Party Bears who live in their own Party Patch in Grumpy Woods. They love all their neighbours but the sentiment is not appreciated nor reciprocated. The bears find a way to party for anything at all, but no one else wants to join them. Why? Because everyone else is working at being grumpy.

Mayor
Danielle Booey
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile
A fun easy chapter book series about Super Happy Party Bears and their lives in the Grumpy Woods. The Super Happy Party Bears love everything about life, parties, bubbles, donuts, their grumpy neighbors, and everyone else in the Grumpy Woods just wants peace, quiet, and an end to the Super Happy Party Bears. That is until a new group of beavers roll into town and start stirring up all sorts of new trouble for the town to focus on.

Lots of fun to be found in this series. Silly animal characters
Carol Scrimgeour
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: zany, read-in-2018
Can't judge a book by its cover? Case in point: Which age range is this book written for? It looks like a transitional early-chapter book with appealing illustrations on every page, but the vocabulary is very difficult (decree, obliterating, ghastly, quaint, sarcastically, exasperatedly, etc.). I also found myself wondering if there is a trumpian parody here (newcomers not welcome, putting up a wall)? Despite my difficulty with the book, one of my 2nd graders read this one and asked me to buy ...more
:Donna Marie
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter-books
SUPER HAPPY PARTY BEARS: GNAWING AROUND is hilarious! These characters, their world and this story are Chapter Book perfection :) As an adult, I was thoroughly entertained by the voice of the book, the characters, the snappy, clever dialogue AND the silly tension. Just wonderful and I can't imagine ANY child being reluctant or not compelled to dive into this and the whole series :D :D :D
Dierdre
Eh. Maybe I wasn't in a good enough mood to read this at the time I read it. The illustrations are cute, but nothing really jumped out at me to really like this book. Maybe I'm just too old to get the enjoyment that an eight year old might get reading it. I would possibly still recommend it someone if I thought it might be a good fit.
Jessica Petersen
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series was instrumental in getting my 7-year-old into reading chapter books on his own. I'd love it just for that, but the books are bright and cheerful and funny enough to have me smiling and laughing along with him when he reads aloud to me.
Bridget Neace
Jun 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: vrc-18-19
Honestly, I thought it was dumb. I think really young/little kids would like it and enjoy it as a read-aloud, but for kids who could actually read this on their independent reading level...I think even they would find it insultingly dumb.
Renee MA
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chapter
Blah
Allison Renner
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Cute book about happy bears living in the woods, trying to brighten the days of grumpy forest animals.
Christine Hwang
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This book reminded me of the storyline from the movie, Trolls.
Mackie Welch
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ummm this was weird and surprisingly hilarious.
Holly Letson
I just could not get into this, so I did not finish it.
Erin
Adorably super happy. Nothing like solving your problems with a dance party.
Emily
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's pretty snarky, but I can't wait to recommend this to kids who love the Owl Diaries.
Leslie
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
My first grader started and finished this today. She said it was awesome :)
Holly Claxton
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. The art is positively adorable, the story is cute and catchy, and there's just something magical about it. Definitely recommend it to everyone!!
Barb
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait to share this fun book with my 3rd graders!
Nan
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: child-literature
Colorful and lots of white space. Will be appealing to K-2, but vocabulary may be hard for the younger ages in that group. At 135 pages, will appeal to those moving into chapter books.
Katie
Ridiculous fun. And makes so much fun of the efficacy of building a wall to keep people you don't like out. Plus the bears' dance moves are catchy!
Eleanor
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
"A meeting is just a party without doughnuts." Now that's wisdom.
Lindsey Whyte
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVE these books. I read this one and the second, Knock Knock on Wood with a second grade book club and we had so much fun discussing them and doing little crafts and activities. If anyone would like ideas, I'm happy to share! Seriously a GREAT series for 6-8 year olds who love to read and aren't afraid of a little tricky vocabulary!
Rachel Coyne
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very cute and we liked the fancy beavers
Ann
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adorable, funny, and smart. Kids will love this series.

• The Princess in Black and the Science Fair Scare (The Princess in Black #6)
  • Nim's Island (Nim #1)
  • Kirsten's Surprise: A Christmas Story (American Girls: Kirsten, #3)
  • Kirsten Learns a Lesson: A School Story (American Girls: Kirsten, #2)
  • The Missing Mummy (A to Z Mysteries, #13)
  • Jasmine Toguchi, Mochi Queen
  • Cheshire Crossing
  • Dog Man and Cat Kid (Dog Man, #4)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • The Okay Witch
  • The Breakaways
  • The Trouble With Chickens (J.J. Tully Mystery #1)
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
  • Junie B. Jones and the  Stupid Smelly Bus (Junie B. Jones, #1)
  • 8 Class Pets + 1 Squirrel ÷ 1 Dog = Chaos (Twitch the Squirrel, #1)
  • Lupin Leaps In
  • Extraordinary: A Story of an Ordinary Princess
  • Tiny T. Rex and the Impossible Hug
Marcie Colleen is the author of the Super Happy Party Bears chapter book series and Love, Triangle, illustrated by Bob Shea. She lives in San Diego, California, with her husband.

Super Happy Party Bears (8 books)
  • Super Happy Party Bears: Knock Knock on Wood