Start by marking “Super Happy Party Bears: Knock Knock on Wood” as Want to Read:
Super Happy Party Bears: Knock Knock on Wood

Super Happy Party Bears: Knock Knock on Wood

(Super Happy Party Bears #2)

The Grumpy Woods dislike Wallace Woodpecker only slightly less than the Super Happy Party Bears. They find his pecking preposterously loud, but the bears think Wallace is beating a nice rhythm--it's great for early-morning dancercise! The bears convince Wallace he has great skills to offer the woods, and they give him ideas for unsolicited handy work. Instead of endearing ...more
Published September 6th 2016 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Super Happy Party Bears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Happy Party Bears

Start your review of Super Happy Party Bears: Knock Knock on Wood
Debbie Ohi
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just read the first two books in Marcie Colleen's debut chapter book series, SUPER HAPPY PARTY BEARS. Omigosh, I am in love with these books. Here are just a few reasons:

- So many laugh-aloud moments, for both kids AND adults. What I especially loved: the humor aimed at adults is NOT the "nudge nudge wink wink, we grown-ups know so much more than the kids" type of humor and is also NOT mean. It's just pure fun.

- Not only are these books excellent for those who already read independently, but
Scott Robins
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Posting the same review as book #1:

This is a next-level early chapter book series that taps into current humour (think Adventure Time, etc.), is peppered with subtle popular culture references, has a fantastic message of inclusivity and features bears who dance, party and have a great time. Right up my alley. Delightfully subversive in so many ways.

If you're a Bowie fan, there's a really cute nod to him in this book.
Kimberly Sabatini
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter-books
A positively delightful follow up to Book One of the SUPER HAPPY PARTY BEARS Series. I absolutely adore how Colleen handles the differences between all types of creatures. Clearly there is room for all of us in the woods and maybe we're at our best when we can focus on finding something to celebrate.
Heidi
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Once again, the Super Happy Party Bears bring noise and confusion to Grumpy Woods. At least according to Humphrey Hedgehog, Mayor Quill's assistant. The Super Happy Party Bears have invited a woodpecker to live next door as their neighbor. But according to Humphrey, this new inhabitant just brings chaos. Can Wallace Woodpecker find a place to belong with the help of the bears or will the grumpy inhabitants drive him out with their grumpiness? Colleen has created a fun, colorful new series that ...more
Kirsti Call
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My kids and I really ADORED this book. The quirky characters and fast paced plot kept us interested In fact, my six year old now wants to read it over and over and over again. We especially loved the puns for older kids and adults and Mayor Quill's quill storms. The clever words and engaging plot kept us turning the pages (believe me, I read both books in this series to my kids in one sitting!) We can't wait for the next in the series!
Katie
Slide to the right, hop to the left, shimmy shimmy shake, strike a pose.
Emily
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laughed out loud at the plot holes. I would have been so in love with these books as a little kid.
Lynn  Davidson
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Super Happy Party Bears: Knock, Knock on Wood we are re-introduced to the Super Happy Party Bears who live in their own Party Patch in Grumpy Woods.

In this book we meet Wallace the Woodpecker who is enthusiastically noisy. That does not go over well in the Grumpy Woods, but the Super Happy Party Bears find a rhythm in his constant knocking on wood. Of course, that’s reason to have a dance party!

When it is discovered that Wallace doesn’t simply peck holes in things, he creates designs, the
Becky B
There's a new critter in Grumpy Woods. The grumpy residents are fed up with his knocking. The Super Happy Party Bears are ecstatic to find such an awesome drummer so they help the newcomer think up ways to make himself more welcome. But things don't quite work out like planned.

If you don't like your humor with a little irony and snark, you probably won't like this series. The bears are in their happy little world and are completely oblivious to any deviousness on the part of the grumpy critters.
Michele
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
I love the format of this book with the illustrations and the text layout. However I don't think little kids are going to get half of this book. Maybe it'll just pass them over and they'll love the little bears anyway?
Rachel Coyne
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reliably gentle and silly bedtime stories. We've liked this whole series
Erin
This is ridiculous and hilarious and adorable.
Sylvia
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How can super happy party bears be anything but super fun, funny and cute? This new series is a winner with funny, clever stories about a woods full of grumpy denizens, except for the super happy party bears, who will save the day with their super happy party ways. Kids will love the antics of all the characters and grown ups will chuckle at the witty jokes.

In Volume 2, the super happy party bears welcome hardworking Wallace Woodpecker to their woods, but his enthusiastic work soon creates
Aurelia Apfaltrer
Gina Perry
Mar 10, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Very Last Castle
  • Alfie: (The Turtle That Disappeared)
  • Jabari Jumps
  • Everything You Need For a Treehouse
  • Dragons and Marshmallows (Zoey and Sassafras, #1)
  • This Is Not a Valentine
  • Leonardo, the Terrible Monster
  • Mississippi Megalodon (American Chillers, #25)
  • A Girl Named Hillary: The True Story of Hillary Clinton (American Girl: A Girl Named)
  • Dangerous Dolls of Delaware (American Chillers, #12)
  • Wisconsin Werewolves (American Chillers, #7)
  • Missouri Madhouse (American Chillers, #10)
  • Virtual Vampires of Vermont (American Chillers, #13)
  • Poltergeists of Petoskey (Michigan Chillers, #3)
  • Terrifying Toys of Tennessee (American Chillers, #21)
  • Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat, #1)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey
  • The First Misadventure (Chicken Squad Misadventure #1)
Marcie Colleen is the author of the Super Happy Party Bears chapter book series and Love, Triangle, illustrated by Bob Shea. She lives in San Diego, California, with her husband.

Super Happy Party Bears (8 books)
  • Super Happy Party Bears: Gnawing Around