Start by marking “Deceived (Redemption Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Deceived (Redemption Series #1)

Read Book

Deceived (Redemption)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
A lie tore them apart… A truth will bring them back together.

Fifteen years ago Jackson Delaney met Skylar Deveraux. It was love at first sight. He adored her. He trusted her. And she betrayed him. Breaking things off, he left her behind and never expected to see her again.

Heartbroken and angry, Jackson forced himself to move on with his life but not before swearing off com
Published July 29th 2014 (first published July 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Deceived, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceived

Gina
5 star of. O. M. G

I was experiencing a book drought and decided to click this up I asked myself what did I have to lose except time(1) (2) it's on KU (3)since I haven't heard of Samyah Leighton before I just didn't know! Well.... (2) won out (kindle unlimited)... Deceived is everything I like 428 pages and then some it's a rollercoaster ride I did not want to get off of. Unfortunately as the book ends the rollercoaster is ascending to the top Damn those CLIFFHANGERS and thank you KU I will be p
Mspraise50
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the author's first book and its a 3 book story. I read this book on Kindle Unlimited.

This is Jackson and Skylar's story. This is a story of a couple that fall in love and a young woman who did not tell her love one very simple truth about herself that starts a roller-coaster of a drama in both their lives. The ramifications of her simple omission will continue to hurt their lives and those they love for years to come.

This was a engrossing read. It has all the elements that make up a grea
Erika
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: interracial
Wow! This was extremely well-written. Usually I don't need to read about the past but at about 65% I want to know why Jackson was so "broken" for a better word. I've already obtained Book 2. It will be read by end of the week. Oh that Jackson! He made me laugh.
Addicted2Books
Real Page Turner! Can't wait for the sequel! What happens to Skylar now!?!?!?! OMG...book hangover.
Check out my complete review! http://www.addicted2booksblog.com/dec...
Angelica Lichtner
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The first thing I have to say about this book is OMG what an awesome book this is. The book is a real page turner. I had a little bit of problem to get into the story but after a chapter, I was stuck. The books has everything you can wish for, passion, deception, betrayal, romance and suspense. The mix of everything makes this book so good and makes me emotional. I did feel so much when reading the book, I laughed and I cried.

I must say that this book is very well written and when I found out t
Nelly
Apr 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: terrible
This book was Overdramatic, boring, and the characters were condescendingly dumb airheads and far too scripted to feel any connection to either of them.

Both characters Jackson and Skylar had no chemistry. Jackson gets off as a psychotic, abusive, dysfunctional jerk. Skylar had no spine and even when she thought she had one it came off lethargic and pathetic.

This book is ludicrous and the relationship between these two supposedly adults was very unhealthy especially when they Jackson tried to be
Cherryl Montgomery
OMG, This book was so good!

I could not put it down. Gosh, but my heart just bleeds for Skylar, Jackson and Sutton. They worked so hard to adjust to each other as a family. Jackson was so afraid not being hurt again. He carried that hurt for fifteen years. Skylar was the only woman he ever loved and never let another woman get close to him. Skylar was so in love with Jackson, it affected her marriage. Just when they are coming to terms with being in each other's life again...BOOM... the crazy ex
Tracey
This is my review and how I see it. In Deceived author, Samyah Leighton explores different points of view. Jackson Delaney and Skylar Deveraux were once young lovers torn apart by a lie. With the death of his brother, Jackson learns some 'truths' that will in some way bring him and Skylar back together.

This book is a grab you by the seat of your pants page turner. What you think will finally happen with this couple will leave you shocked. Skylar's ex-husband does not want to let her go and he w
Sher
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

What a mindf*ck. Oh my... This whole thing is a trip and a half. Now on to the next one.
Lisa
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Title: Deceived

Author: Samyah Leighton

Series: Redemption Book 1

Publisher:

Reviewer:Lisa

Release Date: June 6, 2016 (previously released July 28,2014)

Genre(s):Contemporary Romance, Fiction

Page Count: 468, Goodreads, 412 on Amazon

Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5

Rating: 5 Mind Blowing stars out of 5

Blurb:

A lie tore them apart… A truth will bring them back together.

✫Jeri✫  Just Blog It Book Blog

(Redemption, #1)
Author: Samyah Leighton
Genre: Erotic Romance
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 JBI Stars

Your past and lies, the two things that always have a way of catching up to you.

Deceived is about all of that and more. Prepare for an emotional roller coaster ride of epic proportions.. This book hand delivers the feels big time. It’s complete with suspense, romance, heartbreak, betrayal, beauty and even a good dose of shock and awe. I laughed till I cri
Amy~ My Book Obsession
So, this is my first time reading anything by this author and I’m glad I did. It was great, I really enjoyed every minute of this read. The author had me on my toes every step of the way. I thought I would have a bad case of whip lash from this story from all the twist and turns!
Skylar is a successful business owner who has secrets from her past stride right in her front door.
This couldn’t have come at a worst time. She has others things in her life that need to be tied up and started. However,
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

Ok I loved this book, just the right amount of everything for me.
Jackson, an NFL superstar has just learned his family has been keeping a secret from him his whole life.
Skylar, in the middle of a divorce, gets an unexpected visit that can and will change everything.
Not sure how I would handle finding out that my whole family is not who I thought they were. Definitely would make me rethink my whole life that is for sure.
When Jackson tries to rebuild his family relationships he goes looking for Sk
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading anything by Samyah Leighton and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this great story ,The story is an emotional roller coaster ride that will have you holding on tight from start to finish, and will leave you wanting so much more. Samyah Leighton has given us it all in this story from suspense, Heartbreak, lies, secrets, betrayal , romance and plots that twist and turns with the story line that flows so smoothly .This is Jackson Delaney' s and Skylar Deveraux story ...more
Rebecca Austin
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Jackson Delaney's life has just turned upside down with the revelations that came out after his brother was killed in a drunk driving accident. Desperate to right what was wrong he asks his "niece", Sutton, to come live with him in San Antonio as he is the quarterback for the San Antonio Steelers. As he struggles to come to terms with Sutton he knows he must come face to face with the woman who broke his heart in the past, Skyler Deveraux.

Skyler has moved on from her past with Jackson and is now
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog

First off this book was one heck of a roller coaster ride. I wanted to pop a calm yourself down pill in Jackson's mouth. LOL

Skylar is a real estate broker that made a life for herself in L.A. But that was only after she suffered a lot of heartache. She was in love with Jackson and that kept her from loving anyone else..She became pregnant with Jackson's child. After dealing with his "father" she gave up custody to her daughter. But there is a huge
--karen Green-berry
Mixed Feelings

This is a new author for me and this book was highly recommended. While I truly loved Skylar and Jackson's story; I was equally irritated with the characters at times.

I found Jackson somewhat selfish, domineering and overbearing at times. Even though he has been hurt by people he loved, his behaviour was cruel for the most part.

Skylar was too submissive, even though I know it was fueled by guilt. Chris, I just didn't like him at all, he was too controlling. With that being said, I
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
WOW what an emotional roller coaster this book will take you on. I loved it. I was hooked from the beginning and left wanting oh so much more at the end. It has it all Suspense, heartbreak, lies, betrayal, secrets, and romance. the plot twists and storyline will have you hooked.

Jackson and Skyler shared a past. Lies broke them apart but they also brought them back into on another's lives. You get to see how they heal and move on from some lies but you are still left wondering what the hell Skyl
Donna Wright
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
First If All I Need To Say This Book Is Awesome. It Was Slow To Start But Its A Page Turner Straight After The First Ciiooe Of Chapters.

This Book Has It All Decepetion, Love, Passion As Well As A Lot Of Suspense And Lies. It Is A Complete Rollercoaster Full Of Heartbreak.

The Dynamics And Chemistry Between The Characters Is Amazing. I Just Can Say Anymore On This Book As I Feel The Reader Needs To Discover This Brilliant Story For Themselves
Cristene M.
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

This was a really great read. There's so much going on you'll be reading till the end just to see what's going to happen. I'm glad book 2 is out now, so I don't have to wait to see what occurs or is going to happen. To read how Skylar, Jackson and Sutton go through the situation they are in was interesting. I recommend this book if you like stories with lots to discover.
She's a Lip Biter
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
First If All I Need To Say This Book Is Awesome. It Was Slow To Start But Its A Page Turner Straight After The First Couple Of Chapters.

This Book Has It All Deception, Love, Passion As Well As A Lot Of Suspense And Lies. It Is A Complete Rollercoaster Full Of Heartbreak.

The Dynamics And Chemistry Between The Characters Are Amazing. I Just Can Say Anymore On This Book As I Feel The Reader Needs To Discover This Brilliant Story For Themselves.

Reviewed by Donna
Miranda
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I CAN'T EVEN!!!!

I can't even really describe how good this book is, I really want to know what Skylar did. This is some craziness, some BOLD & The BEAUTIFUL Drama going on!!!! I had felt a little bad for Chris but that mess at the end....Just Evil. I Can't Wait to read the second one!!!!
LaGina
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love finding an author that can write so well that it feels like I just got of a roller coaster of emotions. I am so glad that I got the chance to read book one and had me scrabling in my kinlde looking for book 2 so the ride didnt have to end!

Katie
Sophia
Mar 04, 2016
Natalie Richardson
May 07, 2017
Samyah Leighton is a wife and mother of four. She's always had a passion for writing and storytelling. She loves to read. Romance and erotica are her favorites genre. Samyah loves all kinds of animals and movies and music. She loves to cook and bake and window shop. She finds beauty in all types of love. For the most part Samyah enjoys the simple things in life.
More about Samyah Leighton

Redemption (3 books)
  • Revealed (Redemption Series #2)
  • Condemned: Part One (Redemption Series #3)