Start by marking “Paper Girls #4” as Want to Read:
Paper Girls #4

Paper Girls #4

(Paper Girls (Single Issues) #4)

What lurks beneath the streets of Stony Stream?
36 pages
Published January 6th 2016 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Paper Girls #4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Girls #4

Omnya
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5?
i dunno,i'm confused
Solace Winter
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
The best part of the issue was the ending. And not in one of those, "it ended" sort of ways, but that it didn't do much until the end of it. It was a lot of walking and talking that really went nowhere. But the attack, and then what happened at the very end which I won't spoil, at least leaves you wanting more. The attack actually makes you wonder what you would see or think if you had your life flash before your eyes. How much would you question?
Rachel
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
The artwork in the issue was incredible! Really enjoyed the storyline of one of the girls life flashing before her eyes, and it was wasted away by trying to beat a video game. Very cleaver, and really enjoyed the character development in this issue.
Letande D'Argon
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Still interesting and the writing is still great. The NES part was surprisingly deep. That part alone makes this issue worth reading. No idea why I've never ever read anything from Brian K. Vaughan before. This comic sure turned me into a fan. The man is doing some really awesome job here. Love both what he wants to tell in this comic and how he's doing it.
Hilda
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm split on my feelings on this one. On one part I loved it. On another, I'm extremely frustrated no questions are being answered. If anything I have so many more questions!

(view spoiler)
Jammin Jenny
Love this comic series! Five fun stars!
Bree Hill
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Think I'm becoming Obsessed with these.
A.
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I'm glad I decided to continue on with this series, however these girls are so stupid. I won't spoil it, but that was a very very stupid decision and I amazed but I must remember that they are after all only 12 year old girls and this is the eighties, it's a lot harder to come across information of what not to do in these kinds of situations. But still. That was really stupid. I'm interested to see what happens next.
Cam *tactile seeker*

ARGH!
This gets better with every new chapter, but after about 120 pages, we need some answers, not more surprises and new characters!
I really need to understand what's going on, exactly.
I'm absolutely in love with Brian K. Vaughan and whatever he creates.
"Paper Girls" is like a dream to me. Incredible art, amazing heroines, awesome concept.
Can't wait to read the next chapter.
Casey Anderson
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series of comics. They each end on spoilers though! Starting the next right away. I like the back stories on the one girls life and how that changes her perspective. And who are the guys?? I can't wait to find out more.
Marisa Carpico
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really starting to enjoy this series. The story is almost as engrossing as the art now.
Samah Rifla
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
MAC WILL STOP BEING NEGATIVE AND RASICT AND HOMOPHOBE FOR GOD'S SAKE GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING AND SHE ALL SHE DOES IS SMOKE AND MAKE NEGATIVE REMARKS!!
Anna Heidick
We get some universe information, but it was the obvious predictable stuff that we'd easily understand that the paper girls wouldn't. Also wow, depressing shots fired at gamers.
Darinda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Erin, Mac, KJ, and Tiffany, four twelve-year-old newspaper delivery girls, are dealing with an alien/monster invasion after Halloween in 1988.
Ietrio
Sep 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: junk
A story fragmented for the love of the buck. Volume 4 starts from nowhere and goes nowhere as by the end of the 5th volume the script still explains nothing.
alis
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
it's get more interesting
Daniel P.
3.5/5
Justin
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Don't expect questions answered. All four of the issues so far have answered next to nothing, as the bizarre sci-fi plot unravels to get even stranger; and I reckon the fifth, arc-ending issue will deliver more of the same headscratchers. Cliff Chiang's art and Matt Wilson's colors are, once again, radiant.

(view spoiler)
Jennifer Rannings
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I'm not much of a comic book person, having only read a couple of other series before and still haven't completed them, but I really enjoy this one. Having grown up in the 80's I love so many of the references to that time period. I didn't really know what to expect when I started this series and it has surprised me with each issue. I'm finding it fun to get little bursts of story each month. Each one has ended in some form of cliffhanger leaving me wanting more and excited f ...more
Mersini
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
You know the frustrating thing about reading comics as they come out?

There is never enough story! Particularly with one like Paper Girls, where the story is completely gripping and you're keen just to see what'll happen next. There is a lot going on; aliens and time travellers with strange mutations, and four paper delivery girls who are wondering where the rest of the people of their town have disappeared to.

Brian K. Vaughan is a master of story telling, and the more you read the better it ge
Colin Cox
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is easily my favorite issue thus far. Tiffany's "my life flashed before my eyes" sequence--which consists of her habitually playing a video game--is competently rendered in ways that I haven't seen in a comic book. In addition, there are several wonderful character development moments in this issue. However, Paper Girls #4 leaves the narrative itself frustratingly obscure, which is becoming something of a problem.
Paige
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: single-issues
I'm starting to get frustrated. A single issue has been solved so far and more and more problems keep arising. I'm sure once we get more answers then it'll be like duh that was so obvious. But for now I'm just grumpy that it's another cliffhanger!
Caitlin
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can Cliff Chiang please illustrate everything from now on?

This is another great installment. I found it very similar to The Runaways in that it's not clear who is the antagonist here, and who is not to be trusted. I am looking forward to reading what happens next!
Marijan
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Oh the twists and turns just keep coming, who can we trust (aside from the dependable art of Mr. Cliff Chiang)? Did Stranger things get their 80s revival idea from this comic? We'll never know for sure!
Natalie
The scene where Tiff's life flashes before her eyes was horrifying in a non-horror way. So great.
celia
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it (as usual)!
Bruno
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This has been, so far, my favourite issue and I cannot wait until next month to see what happens next!
Niamh Ennis
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
still love the action and the one liners but I agree with the reviewer about liking some answers soon, lol. the angle switch in the art was interesting aswell.
Megan
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Really enjoying the comic, but still not thrilled with the Petey Boy sections at the end.
Kim Song
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This issue ended with a crazy cliff hanger! Loved it and I can't wait to find out what happens next month!

• Bitch Planet #5
  • Rat Queens #11
  • Wytches #4
  • Giant days #10
  • L'Incal: Ce qui est en bas (The Incal, #3)
  • Monstress #2
  • Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #2
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. VIII of X (V for Vendetta, #8)
  • Kill or be Killed #1
  • Ms. Marvel (2014-2015) #19
  • Tokyo Ghost #1
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Paper Girls (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Paper Girls #1