Start by marking “The Artist's Masquerade (Chronicles of Tournai, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Artist's Masquerade (Chronicles of Tournai, #2)

The Artist's Masquerade

(Chronicles of Tournai #2)

As the first-born son of the Duke of Tournai and cousin to the prince, Cathal has always tried to fulfill his duty to family and country, including following through with an arranged marriage to Velia, cousin to the emperor of Ardunn. But it’s Velia’s companion, Flavia, who fascinates Cathal. Cathal doesn’t know that Flavia is really Flavian, a man masquerading as a woman ...more
Published December 21st 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Artist's Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Artist's Masquerade

Kazza
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My soul needed this sweet book. I'm not saying that it's perfect, it isn't perfect, I can't be bothered saying why, I don't care. You know how you just read to get away from shit that happens? Well, this book gave me a bit of much needed bookish escape. I wish the next book was ready because I'd be reading that right now. That's as high a compliment as I can give a book, but it's an individual and personal thing, bear that in mind.

A huge bonus was I honestly didn't think Cathal could be so love
Serena Yates
This second visit to the fantasy world of which Tournai is a part was as fantastic, amazing, and full of surprises as the first. While ‘The Prince’s Consort’ focused on royal couple Philip and Amory, who play an essential role again, this second volume is cousin Cathal’s story. Now, if you have read the first book (and you should before attempting this one), you may remember that Cathal was not exactly the nicest person around. I thought it was fascinating how that changed with a little more inf ...more
Amy
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-them
Another great story!! Looking forward to the next one!
Sara
I had major reservations about this book when it first came out as Cathal was not someone I liked. He was crass and rude in The Prince's Conscort and I skipped this book orginally and read book three with his lovely, heartsick brother Etan. But reading Etan's book gave me glimpses of the man Cathal now was so... I knew I needed to see how he got there and the man who made him truly wonderful.

This was everything I could have wanted for Cathal and more. I love that he saw more than the surface of
Flory
Feb 28, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The reason for my 1 star rating isn't because the book was bad (in fact I believe many people will love it) but because I was somehow, and despite the nice hea, kind of disappointed by it.

First of all I’ll be honest: I expected book#2 to be about Etan and Tristan (whom I've been liking as characters and as a potential couple since they met in book#1) so when I found out it was going to be instead about Cathal, Etan’s older brother, and Flavian, a new character altogether, I was kind of put off.
Jena
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Antonia Aquilante writes another engaging and imaginative romance! I love Tournai...I think that I'd like to move there. I can't wait to read what happens next in this gorgeous series! Well done, Toni!!!
llv
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars
I really liked this sequel to “The Prince’s Consort”. It was good to visit Phillip and Amory again. I thought that both Cathal and Flavian were great as the MCs. Flavian, I liked early on. Cathal, grew on me as the story progressed. The story itself kept me entertained from start to finish. All in all, a good addition to the Chronicle of Tournai. Am looking forward to reading the next one in the series.
Wax
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, own-have
I liked this less than the previous book. I still loved the setting, and seeing more of Phillip and Amory (and Julien!) was great. However, I'm not sure that Cathal really redeemed himself in my eyes after what he did in the first book. Also, he honestly wasn't impressing me in this book either, and the way things turned out wasn't because he grew a pair but because Flavian was incredibly brave.
Elaine White
Book – The Artist's Masquerade (Chronicles of Tournai #2)
Author – Antonia Aquilante
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 300

Cover – Stunning!
POV – 3rd person, past tense, multiple POV (Predominantly Cathal and Flavian, which small instances of Philip, Amory)
Would I read it again – Yes.

Genre – LGBT, Fantasy, Adventure, Romance

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Honestly, I was surprised that this story came before Etan's. At the end of book 1, we didn't leave Cat
Brandilyn
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015, read-2016, mm
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

I almost didn't read the first book in the Tales from Tournai series, The Prince's Consort. After I finished that installment, I was happy I hadn't listened to my friend who DNFed it. Now that I have read book two in the series, I am doubly happy and eager for book three. Afterall, Aquilante has a sad to resolve. Poor Eton, but I digress.

For full review see Prism Book Alliance® http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?p=4...

Kate
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-and-bl
The Chronicles of Tournai series was a surprise for me because I didn't expect myself to enjoy it so much. The Artist's Masquerade was a fantasy romance with impressive main characters, the story very sweet and lovely, just as the previous book. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Maria
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quick read that I found I couldn't put down! I continue to be pulled into this fantasy world and the characters. Great writing that makes you feel for the characters and cheer them on.
Ada
Aug 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF at 50%

No. just no.
Anna
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I liked this one better than the first one!
George
Jul 17, 2016
Veralidaene Wash
Mar 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Dreamlands (Dreamlands #1)
  • Ice and Embers (Blessed Epoch, #2)
  • The Highlander​ (The Order #2)
  • Disciplined (Prince of the City, #4)
  • Lying with Scorpions (Memory of Scorpions #2)
  • Nightjar
  • The Thirteenth Child (Section Thirteen #1)
  • Emperor's Consort (Chronicles of the Shifter Directive #5)
  • Dangerous Desires (Tri-Omega Mates #7)
  • Lord Mouse
  • Betrothed: A Faery Tale
  • Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3)
  • Sacrati
Antonia Aquilante has been making up stories for as long as she can remember, and at the age of twelve, decided she would be a writer when she grew up. After many years and a few career detours, she has returned to that original plan. Her stories have changed over the years, but one thing has remained consistent - they all end in happily ever after.

She has a fondness for travel (and a long list of

Chronicles of Tournai (6 books)
  • The Prince's Consort (Chronicles of Tournai, #1)
  • The Scholar's Heart (Chronicles of Tournai, #3)
  • The Sorcerer's Guardian (Chronicles of Tournai, #4)
  • The Dragon’s Devotion (Chronicles of Tournai, #5)
  • The Merchant's Love (Chronicles of Tournai, #6)