Start by marking “Never Tap Out (Book One in the Life of a Fighter Series)” as Want to Read:
Never Tap Out (Book One in the Life of a Fighter Series)

Never Tap Out (Book One in the Life of a Fighter Series)

Kate has been through a lot in the last two years. She narrowly survives a tragic car accident that claims the life of her mother. Her father ran out on her and her younger brother years ago, leaving them with their grandmother as the only remaining family; and Kate with pain she didn't know existed. Her mother was everything and now she's gone. Kate has survived rape, ...more
Published November 22nd 2015 by Two Princes Books and Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Never Tap Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Tap Out

Start your review of Never Tap Out (Book One in the Life of a Fighter Series)
Stephanie  Mae
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Kate is a wrestler coming up through the ranks, she has had a rough past. Her mother has passed away tragically and the one lesson she instilled in her daughter was to "Never Tap Out".
Rick comes in as her coach and someone who knew her mother very well too.
James is a secondary character, who is also a wrestler.

Being totally honest, I struggled to finish reading this, but I DID finish it.
I never really connected with any of the characters and I felt I should have been able too based on the story
Rachel
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Never Tap Out was focused on Kate and her overcoming the horrible loss of her mother which she feels debilitating guilt over. I really enjoyed reading of a female character using what is predominately a male sport as a way of dealing with her grief. Through this book you see Kate acknowledge how some of her choices are keeping her from moving on and being the person her mother would want her to be.

There were parts of the books that I struggled with while reading that were strictly from a
Jo
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm a little split about this book. I can't decide whether, in the telling of this tale, the author's inexperience is coming through and she is simply trying a bit too hard, or if the narrative voice is intentionally self indulgent. I suspect that it is the former.

The language used is very formal and the lack of use of common contractions make the character interactions very stilted. And the characters themselves bounce about a bit, jostling my train of thought as I was reading.

I think that
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
This is my first book by this author, it was a story of never giving up.
Kate and her family had suffered the loss of her mother. Each one dealing with loss in their own way. Kate follows in her mother's footsteps in the wrestling arena, a subject I admit I know nothing about. Her coach Rick also knew her mother and is honoured to train Kate too.
I'll admit I got a little lost in the book with so much detail about training, but I realise it was about her struggle to move on in her life with
Kathy
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Never Tap Out my first book by Author Victoria Prince but most certainly not my last. When I came across this book listed as an ARC I was very intrigued. So I contacted this author and was given the book in exchange for an honest and fair review. So to begin you have Katherine who has been in a real life rut the past couple of years. She doesn't feel she has any real family left and often times wonders what it is she has been put here on this earth to do. Katherine's mother was a very well know ...more
Darlene Johnson gross
This book starts out a little slow but it finally picks up.
Kate lost her mother in a car accident, and she blamed herself for the accident saying that it should have been her instead of her mother. Kate hasn't been herself for 2 years. She's been depressed, shut herself from the world, and full of regret. One day she woke to a beautiful day and went out and bought herself a new purse. When she got back home she noticed how dull her life had been. So she started going through things and getting
Breanna Eichhorn
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ratings:4.5 stars
Kate never got to kiss her mother one last time or tell her how much she loved her. While Kate was at the rehabilitation center she met Rick, he agreed to train her and he became her ride to and from her rehab sessions. Rick is training Kate for her match against Wendy. She had to do a lot of different things during her week before her match, one thing was wrestling men who were not in her weight class.
Kate is a wrestler, blames herself for her mothers death. Her mother is
Terri Oconnell
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
In the beginning I found this book a little slow and hard to read especially since I am not into any type or wrestling but it picks up nicely. This story line follows Katie who is still recovering after the causing a car accident that killed her mother. By chance she finds the man who trained her mother in wrestling and he takes her in and from there the book follows here through training, fighting, and all the life that goes into being a female wrestler. This almost turned me off to the book so ...more
Lexi Wings
*** Received copy from author in exchange for an honest review***

~Review~

This story is richly detailed, gradual, steady and yet vividly narrated. Since page one you get immersed in an MMA world with its hard straining, sweat gaining confidence and no time to fool around. With the sole purpose of pushing the limits to the end, to know how bad you want it or what would you sacrifice to become not an opportunist winner, but a winner in life itself.
In the same perspective, you get to know deep down
Nikki
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Okay, where to start? This story line was a well plotted one. I do have my reservations about some things. but I got the whole gist of what the author is trying to focus on. If you're looking for a romance, this really isn't going to satisfy your needs until the end. Kate has had a rough couple years and this book mostly focuses on her trying to find her way and live out her dreams of wrestling. There were a few things I would have liked to have been focused on more. and there were a few things ...more
Ana Rita
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to become an ARC reader for this book.
At first i thought that i wouldn't like it because it was so different from what i've read so far, and i was so so wrong.
This book made me realize that when life pull the rug from under your feet we can get up and start over.
We all need second chances, even if we want to give up living. The dead of a love one it's only the begining and we can get up or give up.
This is the story of Kate, a 22 year old girl that wants to chase her
Helena Rizzuto
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Forewarning... This won't be my usual review..... That being said.....

Thank god for authors who make the heroine bad azz and strong and take charge. Katherine is who I aspire to be when I grow up. From a tumultuous life.... She's rocked out with her bad self. I really just can't express how much I really do admire Katherine. But I love that the author didn't make her all super badass and no vulnerability. More so, I love that she found love. But in a most unconventional way. This is my first
Robyn Corcoran
Sep 03, 2016 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
This is the first book by this author that I have read. I intend to read more though as she has a really good writing style.
Life has held many big obstacles for Kate to overcome and she suffered because of them. Rick, her wrestling trainer, used to train her mother and is instrumental in starting her healing process. James is another up and coming young wrestler who becomes friends with Kate. She struggles with many feelings and powers through some self reflection.
This story is quite
Book Boyfriends & Booze
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book really resonated with me in a way that’s difficult to explain. Having lost my own mother unexpectedly and in my youth, I have always felt driven to do her proud, to be the strong woman she was, even at the cost of a chance at love. Victoria Prince captures that conflict of self beautifully, Kate’s determination is inspirational and hit so close to home that I couldn’t stop reading once I put it down. I would have loved a bit more insight to her mindset and her emotions but, that’s just ...more
Trisha
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kate is a fighter in more ways than one. She has had so much happened and now she is finally striving to be better.

James is a fellow fighter that is trained by Rick. Rick trains both of them and has trained many in the past. He knows so much and is doing his best to help Kate.

Kate doesn't realize that this will make her stronger. Her past may bring her down, unless she can get past it. Now it's time to see what happens. Glad the next book is available to be read.
Kim
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Kate loses her mom and she ends up blowing off the world. She meets up with Rick who is a trainer and she starts training and wants to live her life to Never Tap Out. This book is a great read. Talks about PTSD,mourning the loss of someone you love as well as coping skills. There are some trigger points in this story.
LettyT
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kate is struggling to get back to her joy and happiness in life after a tragic accident leaves her motherless. She's trying to follow in her mother's footsteps of being a top female wrestler. She's met with criticism and struggles along the way to make it. Can she make it or will she be another woman trying to make it in a male dominated world and tap out?
Sarah M
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great read. I would have given it a 5 star if it wasn't slow at the very beginning. I really enjoyed this book though. This about finding yourself again and trying to get over your past. It's also about new beginnings. It's very well written with a wonderful story plot. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. I was given a copy or this book for an honest review.
Kiss N' Tale Book Blog
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read that will leave you wanting much more! Thanks so much for sharing your book with us, we truly enjoyed it. Everyone please check out this book!!!
 Tania
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great read. Kate who is the badass wrestler heroine in the book was in a slum when her mother passed away. She is finally on the mend and found love. This book is about never giving up.
Helena Rizzuto