Start by marking “A Fistful of Love” as Want to Read:
A Fistful of Love

A Fistful of Love

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  220 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Wisdom and Humour from a Monk's Bowl A man was sitting with his friends in a local inn. After a couple of drinks, he asked his friends, "Do you love me?" "Of course, we do," they replied. "So do you know what I need?" No one answered. "If you don't know what I need then how can you say you love me?" To love and to be loved is the most basic human need. No wonder we are att ...more
Published February 5th 2016 by Repro Knowledgcast Ltd (first published September 25th 2015)

Jill
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author focuses on relationships throughout the book. Each chapter has a thesis, explanation, story, and action. Each story has a beginning (what is), a middle (what could be), and an end (possible situation interpretations). The action summary proposed behavioral changes. Swami does an excellent job illustrating how behavior and choices have consequences for the individual and others within their relationship circle. There are no epiphany moments but a string of common sense ideas from an ea ...more
Laura Reading
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction-2017
Told with anecdotes, doses of humor and quotes from renowned experts, this is a nice collection of thoughts on becoming a better person and having a more enjoyable life experience.

Each chapter is not a long read, but one builds upon another to give the reader a solid foundation.

Carole Rae
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not sure why but I really love books like this. I love looking at life through another's eyes. I love learning about other people's philosophy and view on life and everything in it. This was a no-brainer for me to pick up and read.

I am so glad I read this. This was awesome and I loved it! Lots of wisdom, but it had humor too which made me really like the author. The author seems so wise but also so down-to-earth that the words on the page really struck a chord with me.

I soaked this book up and
A Holland Reads
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has been a very interesting book. I have enjoyed all the tidbits of wisdom that the author had to share. I like how it was a collection of short stories all woven into one book to have you learn how to be a better person in your own way as you read. I also liked how the author threw in some bits of humor. This book is also thought provoking without being too heavy. I will being going back and reading this book again and again. This was the first book I have read by this author and I am ...more
Isi
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is a book to help us pause and reset ourselves into a search for compassionate and non-judgmental relationships, enjoying every step of the way instead of looking for salvation in our ultimate destination, whatever it may be. It is one of those books you can pick up and open at a random chapter for a daily dose of knowledge and inspiration.

Full review on my blog.
Suneel Madhekar
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is a collection of short chapters, each containing a profound idea about love, life and living. Om Swami uses wonderful anecdotes and a friendly style to effortlessly convey even the harshest truths of life. This is a book one should keep at hand, to refer to whenever one feels lost or dejected in life.
Rahul Kumar
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remarkable writings

I am no one to write a review to the enlighted one, I just take opportunity to collect drop of wisdom from the ocean swami ji has... I bow to him and his knowledge...
Mander Pander
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one took me a long time to read for many of the same reasons I enjoyed it-- I kept it on my bedside, and would read small chapters before I went to sleep. It was easily accessible, and the lessons were a "feel good" for putting into my mind just before bed.
Yashesh Ajmera
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!
Krishna Pratap
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing read!!!
Mehul
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To Love and To be Loved is the most basic need of humans but still we face the challenges in our relationships. Om Swami, with his humorous and authentic writing reveals the truth behind the relationships. A fistful of Love is a must read for couples and going to be. I love the character Mullah in every swami's Book and the beautiful poems too. Every bit of writing from him should be praised. Love it.
C. Gonzales
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I love the authenticity this novel brought to the table. I liked that the author really set out questions and helped answer them with real life situations and real people.

I found this novel really enlightening and found myself thinking hard about things I hadn't thought about before reading this.

With some great tips, examples, and superb writing. Om Swami really gives hope to the reader. It is overall empowering

Light-Hearted moments are woven throughout to add humor and another dimension.
Bailey Ember
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
A solid Motivational and Spiritual Novel.
The premise is unique, which made me excited to read it just from the synopsis.
This is one of those novels that will stick with you long after you are through reading.

Thought-provoking. That is what this brings to mind. It will have you doing a bit of soul searching. Whether you are looking to get something specific from reading, or you just would like some advice/direction in general. This is a great novel for you.
Vicki
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full of wisdom, this is such a thought provoking book. It touched me on so many different levels and gave me a peaceful feeling while reading it.

I found this book to be uplifting and nurturing. I’ll go back to it and read random chapters from time to time. I connected with so much of the book and know that if we all would think this way the world would be a much kinder and loving place.

I’m a positive person and it bothers me when I hear people complaining about things that I think are small, ins
Stacey Schneller
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is wonderful to have. Very nice words of wisdom. A great book to read especially if you are having a bad day. It will cheer you up. The writing is easy to understand and the lessons are very well written. I loved reading this book.

Understanding the real meaning of a relationship we can indicate pieaces here and there in our life I believe we can make a better life with our significant others. Such a strong well written story. A must read for everyone.
Reads_21
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Small snippets of wisdom woven into a beautiful book. You will want to come back to it , time and again whenever you feel down or pensive.
The simplicity and truthfulness of the words is captivating and magnetic.
The definition of relationships, love and life that media has given us had ruined us of our peace. If You are looking for real answers, truth, insightful wisdom. This book is for You. You will never want to turn anywhere else for answers. A must read
Rashmi Kutlehria
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A simple and interesting read, divided into small chapters. The whole content emphasizes the human beings, their nature, their relationships, helping us becoming the better ones by understanding human nature. Above all, this book inspires to hold a fistful of love in our daily dealings to make our world a better place.
Smitha Murthy
A compilation of anecdotes, wisdom, and sayings. Nothing extraordinary in these, but still worth a read. I think some books come into your life when you need them. This was one of those.
Metaphor
A fistful of love can punch through a black hole
Abhishek
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
A great collection of timely and practical worldly wisdom for all walks of life. Good advice for relationships as well as for material success.
Sandeep Shrivastava
well written , nice examples, so easy to understand
BHARATI

$12.99 $3.99
    $15.99 $2.99
  • By Myself and Then Some
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains
    $14.74 $1.99
  • The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Founding Mothers
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Through a Window: My Thirty Years with the Chimpanzees of Gombe
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation (Kindle Edition)
  • Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Ida: A Sword Among Lions
    $8.24 $2.99
  • A Natural History of the Senses (Vintage)
  • Unsinkable: A Memoir
    $9.24 $1.99
  • The Big House: A Century in the Life of an American Summer Home
  • The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
    $7.95 $2.49
“Forgiveness sympathizes and compassion empathizes. And love? Love synthesizes the two. Appreciation” 2 likes
“what is the ingredient to double the strength of a positive thought? Faith. For tripling it? Persistence. How to quadruple it? Purity of the intention.” 0 likes