Start by marking “London Crime Thriller Boxset: Desecration, Delirium, Deviance” as Want to Read:
London Crime Thriller Boxset: Desecration, Delirium, Deviance

London Crime Thriller Boxset: Desecration, Delirium, Deviance

(London Crime #1-3)

Death isn’t always the end.

Detective Jamie Brooke must overcome her own tragedy and work alongside reluctant psychic Blake Daniel to solve a series of shocking murders against the backdrop of a divided London.

** From New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author J.F.Penn ** DESECRATION

LONDON. When the body of a young heiress is found within the Royal College of Surg

Published November 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about London Crime Thriller Boxset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about London Crime Thriller Boxset

Kate M. Colby
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller-crime
Individual reviews of each book below. As for the box set itself: three intriguing books, beautiful formatting, and great value!

Desecration
After hearing J.F. Penn talk about her "dark" fiction on her podcast and in interviews, I thought I should finally give it a try. This definitely deserves a content warning – Desecration features physical violence, corpse "art," and extreme body modification. Not for the faint of heart. Luckily, I have an iron stomach, so I found the topics both grotesque and
Susan Woods
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed these books however I did feel that the first, Desecration, had a rather rushed ending. Almost as if the writer had got bored of writing and decided to end it s soon as possible. The other two books had better endings, although it was fairy obvious who the perpetrator was.
Jane Tindall
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Although I felt compelled to finish this trilogy it wasn't really my type of fiction. I liked the first novel the most but as I continued to reads through the there two tales I felt I was increasingly required to suspend my belief in reality. I know many people enjoy these types of stories and if you like stories about paranormal events and people then I would certainly recommend the first story - Delirium.

The pace of the narrative increases as the novel progresses but each story starts off ver
Julie Schooler
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I saved up reading this boxset for the holidays as I had a feeling that it would grip me and then I would not get anything else done. And yes - lots of late nights due to the page turning aspect of this trilogy. I especially liked the obviously meticulously researched insight into worlds I knew little about - body art and extreme tattooing for example. A bit too gruesome for my liking in places, but always within context of the story. A little disappointed with the almost deus ex machina ending ...more
Michael Mardel
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
London crime thriller boxset by Penn. I really enjoyed reading these three stories, despite the macabre. Joanna's description of everything was very entertaining, even down to O's tattoo of an octopus. There was deviance everywhere and the righteous people who wanted to close down Southwark. I enjoyed the characters of both Jamie and Blake - they seemed very real with all their flaws. A fitting end to Jamie's nemesis.
John Hoda
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well researched. I felt that I was walking along the characters as they gathered clues. The descriptions are full and place me in each scene. Some of scenes are very dark and that comes from a practicing Private Investigator who investigates homicides. The arc of the stories moves briskly from one case to the next to the finale. I found them to be credible from a police procedural standpoint and the plots had enough twists to keep me guessing.
Damon Lord
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous characters, great tension

This package of three books is a joy to read. I read all three in just a few days, because the stories were so gripping. The two main characters are sympathetically flawed, and are just brilliant. Do not miss this great set of novels!
George S. Wilson
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed it immensely. The characters were well drawn. I especially liked the setting south of the river. We visit London regularly and are well familiar with the North side so she has got me interested in doing a lot of walking on the other side.
Gregory Leslie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Too slow after 4 chapters.

Could not get my interest after 4 chapters. The plot was too slow providing any excitement to grab my attention.
Sujata Swaminathan
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Too gory for me
Kai
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
London Crime Thriller Boxset is a great mystery set of Jaime Brooke and Blake Daniel. Jaime is a Detective Sergeant, trying to solve the crimes with the help of Blake. Readers who have been reading the ARKANE series, will recognized Blake Daniel from Day of the Vikings.

In Desecration, Jaime is trying to solve the murder of an heiress found at the Royal College of Surgeon. She is referred to Blake Daniel from one of her colleague to help her when her suspect has powerful political connection. At
Wendy Crawford
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good read. They can be a bit graphic so if you have a weak stomach you may not want to read. They have a good plot and keep you guessing.
dennis barron
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
London crime thriller box set. Joanna Penn

A wonderfully written box set featuring Jamie Brooke and Blake Daniel. Jamie initially is a Scotland yard homicide detective, but due to severe emotional trauma, she resigns and begins her own detective agency. Blake her good friend and companion assists her in all three books. He has inherited from his father the gift and sometimes curse of looking into a person's past. All three books are extraordinary novels, extremely well written. Packed full of act
Pamela Belknap
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A suspenseful read!

These books were a great read. I enjoyed following Jaime and Blake's unfolding relationship. The descriptions were incredible, including Jaime's shattering loss. The only reason I ranked it four stars is because there is a lot of graphic violence, which is very unsettling.
Jean
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Enjoyed the fact it was bang up to date about London Borough of Southwark. Must be read in order to make sense. Enjoyed immersing myself in a good story line wrapped around places I know. There needs to be a lot more to follow about Blake. I was left hanging in that regard.
Kathy
Jan 26, 2017
S D Cooke
Sep 23, 2016
Tracie
rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Josh of the Damned Triple Feature #1 (Josh of the Damned, #3)
  • By the River (Nightrunner, #0)
  • Full Moon City
  • A Trace of Murder (Keri Locke Mystery, #2)
  • The Sea and Little Fishes (Discworld, #22.5; Witches #5.5)
  • Dangerous Lady (Maura Ryan, #1)
  • Deadly Focus: (DI Jack Dylan 1)
  • Paradisi Escape: Paradisi Chronicles (Paradisi Exodus, #1)
  • Deadly Dozen
  • Bowl of Fruit (1907)
  • First Deadly Conspiracy (McRyan Mystery Series, #0.5-2)
  • Knit One Knit All
  • Feral Machines
  • The Call of the Sword (Chronicles of Hawklan, #1)
  • For Time and All Eternities (Linda Wallheim Mystery, #3)
  • Nessy's Locket (The Artifact Hunters #5)
  • Temporary Obscurity
I'm the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the ARKANE thriller series, and the London Crime Thriller series.

The fast-paced ARKANE thrillers weave together historical artifacts, global locations, a kick-ass protagonist and a hint of the supernatural. Described by readers as a female Indiana Jones meets The Da Vinci Code.

One Day In Budapest is a chilling view of a possible future as

London Crime (3 books)
  • Desecration
  • Delirium (London Crime, #2)
  • Deviance (London Crime, #3)