Jump to ratings and reviews
The bestselling author of Heart Breaker returns with another sultry Nashville Nights novel of country hits and stolen kisses, as a one-night stand turns into the beginning of an irresistible partnership.

Shane Hart loves the ladies. Like hit records, he can never have too many. Shane swore long ago never to treat a woman the way his abusive father treated his mother, but his traumatic past has kept him from making any solid commitments—even to a fiery redhead like Avery O’Leery. Shane’s happy enough to rescue her from a tight spot, but that’s as far as their connection goes—until their unforgettable liaison has him rethinking his impulse to love ’em and leave ’em.

Avery has big plans: first, shake the dust of small-town Kentucky from her boots; second, become a bona fide songwriter; and third, keep the truth hidden about her birth father from everyone in Nashville. Nowhere on that list is she supposed to land in bed with a sexy stranger who rescues her off the street at midnight, especially if that stranger is Shane Hart. Avery’s trying not to fall for the dreamy music producer who could make or break her career. But her best-laid plans seem to be no match for a love that feels like destiny.

197 pages, ebook

First published October 18, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Erin McCarthy

165 books4,749 followers
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written over seventy novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
17 (6%)
1 star
7 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 105 reviews
Profile Image for BookLover.
385 reviews81 followers
May 28, 2017
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this follow-up book in the Nashville Nights series... even better than the first, which I enjoyed. This story focuses on Shane Hart, Jolene’s brother and newcomer to Nashville, Avery O’Leery. I liked both Shane and Avery from the moment they stepped onto the pages. Shane, though a commitment-phobe, did not present in the usual manwhore way. Avery was sweet and genuine.

Shane rescued Avery after she was abandoned on the side of the road by her cheating ex-boyfriend. Spark flew and things heated up quickly for the two. But Shane had demons from a very violent childhood that had him believing he couldn’t be in a relationship. Avery came to town with a big secret and couldn’t trust Shane’s motives, given his his admission over never engaging in relationships.

I felt the chemistry between Shane and Avery right away. I enjoyed that there wasn’t any angst in the story. Instead, we got to see Avery struggle to make her way in Nashville while Shane tried to work though his issues. Given Avery’s big secret, I kept waiting for the big reveal and aftermath. It did, indeed happen, but not until closer to the end. Instead, readers were treated to Avery being pulled in by Shane, despite both of their resistance.

Really good read!
Profile Image for Maria Rose.
2,454 reviews241 followers
December 2, 2016
Dream Maker is the second story in Erin McCarthy’s country music themed series, Nashville Nights. I first became a fan of this author after reading her Fast Track series, which centered around a group of race car drivers . At that time they were some of the sexiest romances I’d read (and listened to as audiobooks) and she’s been on my radar ever since. While musician themed stories aren’t my go-to type of romances in general, I will pick them up if I know that I already like the author, so I was eager to give this one a try. It’s got some pluses and some minuses but is worth the read if you enjoy the country music world and lengthy love scenes.

Avery O’Leery isn’t having a very good day. She’s just discovered that her boyfriend has been cheating on her, and that she’s left her purse in his truck as he took off, leaving her on the street outside of a Nashville bar without her wallet or her phone. Shane Hart’s southern manners come to the forefront when he finds her in dire straits and his offers of assistance are very welcome. While Shane is perfectly prepared to play the gentleman, the attraction between the two of them is clear, and they end up in bed together in the hotel room Avery had reserved for the special occasion she thought she’d be sharing with her now ex-boyfriend. But when morning comes Avery takes off, leaving a polite thank you note behind.

A few months later, she encounters Shane again, this time under better circumstances. Avery has picked herself up, found herself an apartment with two roommates and a job as a songwriter with a local agency. As a skilled and well known music producer, Shane recognizes talent when he hears it – and then recognizes Avery once the voice gets put to a face. A little awkwardness is quickly smoothed over, with Shane determined to get Avery’s song onto his country singer’s roster, and to rekindle their relationship. But Avery’s got more to her Nashville plan than just becoming a successful songwriter. Her half-brother lives there, a man who doesn’t know Avery exists, but one she is determined to meet. When all the pieces fall into place, will Avery get everything she’s looking for, including a new relationship?

I have mixed feelings about Shane. Well truthfully I actually quite liked him at the start, but some of his actions later on are not so impressive. He is a good time guy, but not a sleazy one. He doesn’t go into a bar, and set his sights on someone to sleep with in a predatory way. Rather he lets things flow naturally. If he meets a woman and they strike up a conversation which leads to sex, so be it. He’s clear about not looking for commitment and he’s a charming man, as well as a generous lover so he doesn’t lack for female companionship. But the circumstances of his childhood home life – including an abusive father – make him leery of the state of matrimony in general. And because of that, he’s also very quick to come to the defense of women, sometimes with his fists if necessary. While the alpha male protective instinct is usually appealing to me, here it comes across as being too quick tempered, acting first and asking questions later. However when he and Avery spend their first night together he is a passionate and gentle lover, and in their later scenes as well he clearly is concerned with her pleasure. Their love scenes are very steamy without being over the top.

Avery comes across as a little bit naïve and sometimes foolish but with some real talent. She’s a twenty-four year old young woman from a small town, looking to make it big in Nashville. She spent eight years with her boyfriend and they never had sex (well, he did, but not with her) and so Shane is her first real lover (and lucky for her, because she couldn’t have picked a better one). Left on her own, she finds a roommate and gets herself a job. She’s also smart enough to realize, once she and Shane meet again, that she could have trouble at work if the rest of the staff think there is something going on between them, since he’s a big time music producer. If he appears to favor her work, it could cause a conflict of interest and get her fired. The result is that she is wary of becoming more involved with him, and Shane has to spend some time convincing her otherwise. This hot and cold starts to get a bit wearing after a time. To complicate things further, her half-brother Chance – to whom she’d hoped to introduce herself – is Shane’s brother-in-law. There are several scenes with Shane’s sister and Chance that build up to the eventual reveal. We also get more background information on Shane and Avery’s upbringings and relationships with their parents, some of which is quite emotional. It all adds up to lots of drama in the second half of the story. Shane seems to be on the fence about his feelings for Avery, not willing to risk getting emotionally involved until late in the story. This makes for what feels like a rushed ending.

The background setting of Nashville and the recording industry are well described and I like how we get to see it from the perspective of Avery, new to the city, as well as from the more experienced characters Jolene, Chance and Shane. There is something about Avery that I find really appealing, naïve as she appears, and even though Shane’s character is more quick tempered than I expected, he does come through for her in the end. I plan to continue reading the series.

This review also appears at All About Romance: http://allaboutromance.com/book-revie...

Note: a copy of this story was provided by the publisher for review.
Profile Image for Laura.
2,218 reviews106 followers
October 15, 2016
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

I liked this book, but I didn't love it. I liked both of the main characters. I thought Shane was interesting and I really liked Avery. I believed the characters, I also believed their attraction and their motivation. I liked that some of the secrets that were revealed were handled in an adult manner...no extra drama. I also liked the supporting characters and the addition they gave to the story.

So, why the 3? There wasn't enough of their relationship. They were apart a lot more than they were together. Most of the book was spent with them not a couple and not really spending time together. This made it difficult to invest in their relationship because it really didn't have a developed story ARC.

I do recommend this book, but with some reservations.

***This and other reviews also featured on “I’m A Sweet and Sassy Book Whore” http://www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com***
Profile Image for Doris.
2,223 reviews81 followers
November 7, 2016
What does a small town Kentucky girl with a twang, different colored eyes, and a boat load of natural talent have to do in order to break into the song writing business in Nashville? Well, it can’t hurt that she had a chance meeting from a knight in shining armor one night after kicking her cheating boyfriend of eight years to the curb. Shane came to Avery’s rescue of he witnessed this beautiful and feisty spitfire tell a no good boyfriend off but then realized she had left her purse and phone in his truck so she had no idea what she was going to do next.

Shane had no idea that Avery was a virgin. I mean, what the hell, she had been with her boyfriend for eight years he had found out! Just like Avery had no idea that Shane was Nashville’s top music producer and brother to the famous country star, Jolene…oh yeah, he was also the love them and leave them king as well. These two were a match from the start. Neither of them knowing anything about the other but yet feeling a connection that neither of them wanted to admit to at first.

It’s a sweet and dirty connection that brings this small town girl and music producer through moments of self-discovery for both of them. Shane is having yet to deal with an abusive father who has left marks on not only on his mother and sisters but himself as well. And Avery was raised without a father because he just happens to be an all-time country music star that left her mother behind without a thought. Oh yeah, this makes Shane’s brother-in-law Avery’s half-brother as well. Lots of plot twists and a growing love that sometimes you just can’t ignore. I am waiting for book #3 in this series because I’m loving it.

ARC provided freely via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Christi Snow.
Author 62 books745 followers
October 20, 2016
My Review:
I am really enjoying this series, and the premise for this book was great.

We meet Avery when she's dumped on the side of the road of Nashville by her long-time boyfriend of 8 years...because he was cheating on her. Yeah, he's a jerk.

Shane is a big-time Nashville player both in the bedroom and out. He's a successful producer, his sister is one of the biggest names in country music now. But because he has a lot of pull, women fawn over him...oh, yeah, and the fact he's gorgeous doesn't hurt him either. He's way out of Avery's league, but he finds himself intrigued by her.

Avery has just moved to Nashville. She hasn't lived there long enough to be jaded and bitter. She's honest and has a straight-forward style to her that Shane can't resist. And it helps her that she's immensely talented too.

Their chemistry is fabulous and explosive. I loved how different they are in their experience levels, but Shane is the one blown away by the two of them together. It's a great dynamic.

I really enjoyed all the aspects of this story. I liked the insight into Avery's songwriting. I liked her backstory with her family ties in Nashville...that little story line kept me reading because I couldn't wait for it all to be revealed. This was one of those books that I didn't want to set down because it was completely entertaining from page one.

I know there's another book coming in the series. I can't wait to see what that story line is. So far, I'm loving this country music themed series. It's been a fun one!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.
Profile Image for Tami .
1,123 reviews33 followers
August 10, 2016
This review is based on an ARC provided by the author and/or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

3.5

cute lil story
Profile Image for Simply Love Book Reviews.
6,891 reviews818 followers
October 18, 2016
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I always enjoy Erin McCarthy. The Nashville Nights series drew me in from the first book and I have looked forward to every one since. The story of Shane and Avery was absolutely wonderful. It was fast and fun. The story flowed and it wasn’t drawn out. We got to know and understand both of the main characters and visited with old friends.

Shane came across as a manwhore in previous stories. Now, we are seeing the real man behind the mask. He’s sweet, understanding, has a temper but knows how to reign it in. When he does make a mistake, he knows how to apologize. He has utter respect for women. He adores his mom and sisters. He’s blind-sided by Avery and finally bares his soul, owns up to his past, his mistakes, and his feelings. He’s ready to commit to a relationship and hopes that Avery will have him.

Avery is a naïve, small-town Kentucky girl with a momma that’s a little bit out there. She’s the one person who believes her when she talks about who her father was. She came to Nashville to try to make it as a song-writer and, hopefully, meet her half-brother. She just didn’t think that she would accomplish her goals on the arm of a stranger or because of a lying, cheating ex-boyfriend. But, that’s exactly how everything went down.

Erin McCarthy always puts some kind of a spin to her stories. She has a unique way of bringing her character’s together and wastes no time in making sure they are totally satisfied. She’s funny, serious and entertaining. I’m never bored when I read one of her books and usually fall a little bit in lust with her men. And, Shane was no different. The sex was hot, the story was interesting and I loved the way the characters developed and grew together. Now, I just have to wonder where she will lead us next in this fantastic series.

Review copy provided for an honest review.
Profile Image for Karen.
5,200 reviews52 followers
October 5, 2016
Avery was a real firecracker. Shane meets her on the street as she tells her boyfriend off and he takes off in his vehicle with her purse. Damsel in distress? Shane is a decent guy. He attracts woman and yet has not felt anything beyond "catch and release".
Avery is having a really bad night and Shane seems willing to stick it out to see her purse returned by an unrepentant Ben.

Avery holds up but a lot of her strength is having Shane there with her because she's done with foolish Ben.

Avery's confidence as a woman is at an all time low. Shane feels something for her. It's not insta-love but she is different than most all the women he does spend time with yet with her country ways he feels at home with her too.

Strangers who for a short few hours learn new things about themselves and others.

We feel what these characters feel. I read the intimate scenes because Shane took a whole sweet and sexy approach with Avery.

There were some huge angry issues in Shane and Avery had a huge old secret. Plenty of drama but story moved right along and I read until 2 a.m. straight through.

ARC NetGalley for honest review... easiest review I've done.
Profile Image for Heather 123.
946 reviews7 followers
October 28, 2016
I did not read the first book in this series however it can be read as a stand alone.

I really enjoyed this book; I appreciated the author had the two characters meet without knowing who the other is. I liked the back and fourth story telling between both characters giving us both points of view because if it was only told from one point of view I think the reader's opinion could be easily swayed to one party.

I liked the back story that both Shane and Avery had; that neither of them had the perfect past. I thought it was cleaver how the author added Shane's sister and her husband into the mix.

** ARC received from Netgalley **
Profile Image for patrick Lorelli.
3,009 reviews25 followers
April 7, 2017
This book opens with the two lead characters meeting like a country music video. Shane Hart one of the top record producers and the brother to Jolene which the first book in this series is about, who is also a top female country music star. Shane leaves the bachelor party that was being thrown for Jolene’s husband, and while walking he hears a female yelling down an alley. He then sees this short little red head jumping out of a four wheel drive pick-up and is yelling at the driver. When he gets closer he finally sees her and is taken back by her beauty, and wants to help her. Avery O’Leary is mad and frustrated and now she cannot talk because of the good looking man who is talking to her asking her if she is okay. It is then that she realizes that she left her purse and phone in her ex-boyfriend’s truck. Shane always wanting to help takes her to a diner nearby and lets her use his phone to try to get a hold of her ex. This begins a night of firsts for both of them because later he gives her a ride on his Harley and she is attracted to him, and him to her. The next morning when his phone is blowing up with text messages she starts to put two, and two together realizing who she spent the night with and feels she needs to get out of their ASAP. When he finally wakes up and realizes that Avery is gone he feels strange and does not know why. It is not until he talks to his brother in law that he figures out that he has feelings for her. The problem is he does not know where she is. Weeks go by and one day Shane goes into a song writing office in Nashville when he hears a song that would be good for his sister. Turns out Avery wrote it and was singing it as well. Now he wants to be with her but she is not so sure because of what other people might think of her dating a record producer. Meanwhile they each have issues from their own past that they must deal with if they even might think they would want a future. The part in the book where Shane goes to confront his father is very moving and the father is still and a hole, but Shane must do this to move on from the past and all of the hurt that man caused him. When Avery comes to her past hers works out. Now it is up to them to see if their might be a chance. This is a very good story with very good characters. I got this book from Netgalley.com I gave it 5 stars. Follow us at www.1rad-readerreviews.com
Profile Image for Connie N..
2,256 reviews
August 21, 2018
#2 in the Nashville Nights romance series

Thanks to NetGalley for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I think I'd rate this 3.5 stars, if I could, but I'll round up because I liked the characters. Shane is the brother of Jolene Hart, superstar singer MC from the previous book in the series. He is a music producer, and a manwhore, gorgeous and sexy. When he sees a girl dumped out of the truck in front of him after an obvious fight, he stops to help. Avery just found out her boyfriend cheated, so she's vulnerable and unhappy. Shane is attractive, and experienced, and she falls for him. Although they fall into bed pretty quickly, it didn't seem slutty or rushed, it just seemed natural and sweet. Their characters mesh, and their personalities just seemed to call out to each other. But as their relationship develops, Shane starts having issues with jealousy and with his past, culminating in a crazy outburst where he loses his temper. Avery is a naive country girl in the city for the first time, trying to deal with her feelings and with this sexy and powerful guy. She's tough, but it's still pretty overwhelming. I liked the fun brother-sister relationship between Shane and Jolene, and I loved Avery's closeness to her mother. The book felt very rushed at the end. Things were developing nicely, then all of a sudden it all came to a head and boom, it was over. That was disappointing, I'll admit, but it won't deter me from continuing with the series. I liked being enveloped in the music business, songwriting in particular, and I look forward to more. A very quick read.
Profile Image for Nalla Reads.
316 reviews22 followers
October 18, 2016

Originally posted on NallaReads

img_9296-copy

**ARC received from NetGalley for an honest review**

I was lucky enough to read Heart Breaker and Dream Maker in one sitting. Heart Breaker unfortunately had an immature to feel to it that I generally wouldn't associate with Erin McCarthy's style. I was hoping Dream Maker wouldn't have the same tone and thankfully it was more impressive.

I loved that Shane held the trope of tortured hero but with a more rock era vibe. He finds Avery after her very-recent breakup (Literally she's storming out of the truck) and helps her when she's got nowhere to go. I'm not always sold on the "still a virgin" trope but Avery somewhat sells it in a convincing way.

Shane's ability to read Avery was fresh and nice to see. These two seemed to have such a laid back chemistry that it felt very old school romantic. It was tough seeing Shane's angry side when dealing with jealousy and Avery. Predictably it stems from a place of where he's struggled to deal with the past of his abusive father. One of his sisters got to deal with it though her music but Shane had no outlet where he could purge. He faced is father but it unfortunately felt a little anticlimactic.

I enjoyed Dream Maker a lot and I'm really hopeful for Love Taker, Elle's story. For some reason she seems to most relatable for me.

Until next review...Happy Bingeing Beauties!

XOXO Nalla

AMAZON | BARNES AND NOBLE

KOBO | IBOOKS | GOOGLEPLAY

START AT THE BEGINNING...

CONNECT WITH ERIN MCCARTHY

author-pic-cropped

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

PINTEREST | GOODREADS

Profile Image for Deborah.
949 reviews4 followers
October 21, 2016
Shane is a music producer and has issues when it comes to relationships. He grew up with a very abusive father and he vowed to never treat woman the way his father treated his mom and sisters. He meets Avery after watching her leap from a truck yelling at the man inside. He decides to help Avery when her boyfriend-now ex-boyfriend, leaves her stranded on the road side without a purse. He was drawn to her immediately.

Avery is a songwriter with dreams of making it big in Nashville. After finding out her boyfriend of eight years has been cheating on her, she jumps out of the truck giving him a piece of her mind. After Shane rescues her, she decides to spend time with him which culminated in sex. She finds out he is a country super-star's brother, so she bolts before he wakes not wanting him to think she was using him for connections. She ends up bumping into him regularly, and whenever that happens, the chemistry is just as strong as their initial reactions. She's been warned about Shane though, and his failure to have any lasting relationships.

I liked how Shane was very sweet with Avery. Yes he had issues from his early family life which he needed to really work out. Avery was the one that made him decide to work through the issues. Avery also has a secret she's harboring. She's determined if not stubborn, to make it on her own terms not using any connections to get a leg up. Then there is the love at first sight between the two. We have a bit of a roller-coaster as both try to resist the pull towards the other. The only thing I didn't like is the abrupt ending. I thought we would have a bit more relationship building time, but it just ended.

Dream Maker is book two in Erin McCarthy's Nashville Nights series and it's a sweet and savory romance. I am looking forward to the next book in the series!

3.5 stars/3 flames

I was gifted this book by the Jeep Diva for the purpose of an honest review.
Profile Image for Sarah.
1,457 reviews29 followers
October 13, 2016
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I found the writing so choppy at the start of this story that I almost DNF’d it. Fortunately, the writing does become more fluent as the story progresses. This is a cute, sweet romance between a struggling songwriter and a famous Nashville producer.

I struggled to warm to Avery, the slightly TSTL heroine. A virgin in her mid twenties, still dating her high school boyfriend and prone to tears, Avery is not a woman I’d actively befriend. Shane is a little bit more complex. His family history is difficult and he has organised his adult relationships to protect him from more hurt. But I absolutely hate the cliched storyline where the resolute playboy meets the single virginal girl who can instantly turn him into a monogamous family man. Urgh!

Parts of this story felt like they had been directly poached from Nashville, the recent TV series which was a little disappointing. The storyline is simple enough, but the pacing is erratic. The ending is so abrupt that I checked to see if I’d missed a few chapters of relationship building. I hadn’t.

This is insta-love with a few dramatic hiccoughs followed by a race towards a white picket fence. Readers who enjoy their romance cute and sweet will probably enjoy this. Readers looking for a little grit and some originality should look elsewhere.
Profile Image for Ruthie Taylor.
3,496 reviews37 followers
October 19, 2016
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

The second book in the series features Jolene's producer brother, Shane. If you enjoyed book 1, this gives even more of the behind the scenes of these country music families' romances. It is somewhat clichéd, but I guess that is what we are led to expect from that section of the music scene.

Avery is a woman on a mission - yet she has been in a dead end relationship for 8 years, waiting for the 'right' moment - and somewhat prone to tearfulness. She grew on me as she gained some backbone, but she was a bit of a mess, talented songwriter or not. Shane on the other hand was very controlled, avoiding relationships altogether, but somehow Avery gets under his skin. That there is an additional twist, or two, gives rise to a further level of cliché ... but it is a sweet and easy read, with a happy ending.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Profile Image for Bobbie.
984 reviews10 followers
October 15, 2016
Well damn! I forget how well Erin McCarthy tells a story until I get to another one of her books and then once again, I'm blown away by how she gets her readers so totally involved in a story. This book was so good that it literally was a one seating read for me. I could not make myself get up and do anything else that needed to be done. I was totally immersed into this story. I had read and reviewed Heart Breaker, the previous book in this series, but if you haven't read that book, this is a standalone. Both characters were highly believable and I never felt that they weren't real people. I think that is what I liked the most about this book. I could see this as real life. It felt like a movie I had to see and to me that is the bar for a really great read. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to read and review this book. This review is totally my feelings about this story!
Profile Image for Laura.
778 reviews31 followers
September 19, 2016
This one is a big improvement on the first book in the series.

This features Shane, Jolene from the first books brother. He's a commitment phobe due to things he experienced in his childhood. He's a nice guy. He meets Avery and they spend an evening getting to know one another which culminates in sex. They had great, believable chemistry and the sex scenes were well written.

I liked them both but the story is not long enough which was annoying as I wanted to read more about them. It's too rushed but I did enjoy it. Presume Shane and Jolene's sisters story is next?

ARC provided by Netgalley.
Profile Image for Amanda.
544 reviews34 followers
December 22, 2016
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This was a cute story that I may have liked a little bit more than I liked the first one, probably because I'm a fan of encounter stories than I am of 2nd chance love. Avery was fun and feisty, but she still seemed to evolve through the course of the story. Shane was a good guy, but he had some jack ass moments. While annoying, they also gave him a chance to be redeemed. The story was enjoyable and I liked the connections to and cameos by the characters from the first book in the series.
Profile Image for Heather andrews.
9,520 reviews148 followers
August 15, 2016
I literally almost peed my pants at Shane's reaction to Avery's note she left, "what the actual eff did that mean? Shane stared at it, irritated as hell. Was she suggesting he was merely decent in bed? A decent ***k? Or was she saying thanks for being nice?" Shane really doesn't have any patience, "Shane pressed his erection against her ***. “I’m up. That means you’re up.” I really liked this book, with Avery, Shane was kept on his toes.
Profile Image for Karla Andrews.
509 reviews6 followers
August 15, 2016
Another amazing book by Erin McCarthy. Love the whole Nashville series, so far. Wink wink. This book captured my heart right away. I love in all her books she adds a back history of each character. This time it was an abusive father for Shane. Wow! What a thing to go thru. But will love help him? Avery will try.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Profile Image for Deniz.
1,134 reviews99 followers
September 23, 2016
3.5 Stars

Not sure if i am rounding up or not...
Well written, super enjoyable yet the last 20% kinda let the book down.
Full review to follow!
102 reviews8 followers
October 24, 2016
This is the second book in the Nashville Nights series. Shane Hart is a famous producer in Nashville and is the older brother of superstar Jolene Hart. He loves women and women love him but he never plans on settling down as a wife and kids is not for him. After Shane leaves his future brother in laws bachelor party alone he stumbles across a beautiful red head thrown out on the street by her cheating boyfriend. Avery has came to Nashville to become a songwriter and hopefully meet her secret half brother Chance Rivers. What she doesn't expect is to find out her boyfriend of 8 years, whose insisted that they wait till marriage, has been cheating on her multiple time. So Avery finds herself alone, in Nashville, without a phone or her purse and not knowing what to do. Shane cannot help but come to the aid of a damsel in distress. Shane and Avery end up having a wild and wonderful night. But when Avery realizes who her hero is and that he's famous she makes a run for it. When the bump into each other a few month later will they be able to over come the secrets of their past and actually become a couple?

Well written and a must read for any contemporary romance fan or any fan of Ms. McCarthy. I laughed and I cried and I cannot wait for the next installment of Nashville Nights!
Profile Image for Bette Hansen.
5,049 reviews37 followers
October 16, 2016
I really loved this one!! To think I almost didn't want to read this one makes me shutter. I really didn't care for the first book in this series but this one sucked me right in and made me fall in love with these characters. Shane and Avery are so great together and their story was sweet, sexy, and fun. All the things I enjoy in a good romance.

Avery O’Leery is finally getting her chance to have her music heard. She's always had a dream of being a song writer and now is her time. She first meets Shane when he helps her out of a tough situation with her now ex boyfriend. That meeting leads to a night of passion and has Shane rethinking his "love em and leave em" lifestyle. Problem is Avery is gone when he wakes up. He doesn't have her number or even know her full name. He just knows he needs to find her again. And he does. In the most unexpected place! Shane is a music producer and is scouting new songs for his label. When he arrives for a meeting at a songwriting company he hears the sweetest song and knows it will be perfect for his sister to record. Imagine his surprise when he discovers that Avery is the songwriter! Now she has to choose. Go after a relationship with Shane or stay true to her dreams because getting any more involved with him could cost her the job she was so exciting about just days ago!

This is an awesome story and one I highly recommend.
Profile Image for Shayay.
2,293 reviews40 followers
November 1, 2019
The first sentence I was like oh jeez not for me, but the story is entertaining. Respectful manwhore and the innocent girl that’s a bit of a mess, but I ended up enjoying the read. It’s a fairly light story; a sweet story, it just needs more meat to it for it to really excel. The chemistry was great between Avery and Shane. Adorable couple with some steamy scenes. They both grow in this book, which is great to see them active in improving their lives. He’s the brother of the first book’s heroine and she has an unexpected connection that’s a mystery. The world in this book is the country music world, but it’s mainly the low key end of things. Overall, a lovely, lighthearted romance. I’d say more of a 3.5 rating, but I rounded up because I enjoyed the first book too.
Profile Image for Madm007.
1,044 reviews3 followers
September 15, 2017
🎸🎶

The first few lines definitely piqued my interest and I just had to see where this was going.
I adored the whole book.
Avery was tough but naive, and I loved her character. Her mouth was maybe 1 step ahead of her brain sometimes, and would get her in bits of trouble, or just make you lol.
Shane was a woman lover or lover of women I should say. He meets Avery quite by accident and gets a lot of feelings he's just not wired for, or so he thinks.
A really feel good romance with sigh worthy heat, some angst and drama with a few twists and turns, and of course lol moments.
A fast easy read with a happy ending.
682 reviews1 follower
October 22, 2016
I think the construct of the book was very believable, and the only thing that did not work for me was the ending. The conflict at towards the end where Shane confronted Ben, Avery's ex, and went bezerk didn't really work for me. I did not feel like the conflict was really resolved when Shane and Avery really got together in the end. Despite my small complaints on these issues, it was still a smooth and enjoyable read for me.
271 reviews17 followers
July 2, 2017
Cute

The second book in the series and just as good as the first. Always interesting to see how people interact and overcome their backgrounds. Shane and Avery meet by accident. He's a music producer in Nashville, she is an aspiring songwriter. They both are hiding secrets, and there's lots of angst but they do eventually have their HEA.
Now I have to go find the next story and complete the Hart family
456 reviews3 followers
November 26, 2016
Never judge a book by it's cover. This was a fantastic read and I cannot wait for Ellie's book. Avery Comes to Nashville to become a songwriter but she hooks up with Shane, Avery did not know Shane was a famous Producer. Shane did not know Avery's connection to his brother -in-law, Well neither did his brother in law.
This is a must read book I highly recommend it.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 105 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.