Start by marking “Dream Maker (Nashville Nights, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dream Maker (Nashville Nights, #2)

Dream Maker

(Nashville Nights #2)

The bestselling author of Heart Breaker returns with another sultry Nashville Nights novel of country hits and stolen kisses, as a one-night stand turns into the beginning of an irresistible partnership.

Shane Hart loves the ladies. Like hit records, he can never have too many. Shane swore long ago never to treat a woman the way his abusive father treated his mother, but hi
Published October 18th 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Dream Maker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Maker

BookLover
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this follow-up book in the Nashville Nights series... even better than the first, which I enjoyed. This story focuses on Shane Hart, Jolene’s brother and newcomer to Nashville, Avery O’Leery. I liked both Shane and Avery from the moment they stepped onto the pages. Shane, though a commitment-phobe, did not present in the usual manwhore way. Avery was sweet and gen
Maria Rose
Dream Maker is the second story in Erin McCarthy’s country music themed series, Nashville Nights. I first became a fan of this author after reading her Fast Track series, which centered around a group of race car drivers . At that time they were some of the sexiest romances I’d read (and listened to as audiobooks) and she’s been on my radar ever since. While musician themed stories aren’t my go-to type of romances in general, I will pick them up if I know that I already like the author, so I was ...more
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

I liked this book, but I didn't love it. I liked both of the main characters. I thought Shane was interesting and I really liked Avery. I believed the characters, I also believed their attraction and their motivation. I liked that some of the secrets that were revealed were handled in an adult manner...no extra drama. I also liked the supporting characters and the addition they gave to the story.

So, why the 3? There wasn't enough of their relation
Doris
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
What does a small town Kentucky girl with a twang, different colored eyes, and a boat load of natural talent have to do in order to break into the song writing business in Nashville? Well, it can’t hurt that she had a chance meeting from a knight in shining armor one night after kicking her cheating boyfriend of eight years to the curb. Shane came to Avery’s rescue of he witnessed this beautiful and feisty spitfire tell a no good boyfriend off but then realized she had left her purse and phone i ...more
Christi Snow
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Review:
I am really enjoying this series, and the premise for this book was great.

We meet Avery when she's dumped on the side of the road of Nashville by her long-time boyfriend of 8 years...because he was cheating on her. Yeah, he's a jerk.

Shane is a big-time Nashville player both in the bedroom and out. He's a successful producer, his sister is one of the biggest names in country music now. But because he has a lot of pull, women fawn over him...oh, yeah, and the fact he's gorgeous doesn't
Tami
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review is based on an ARC provided by the author and/or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

3.5

cute lil story
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I always enjoy Erin McCarthy. The Nashville Nights series drew me in from the first book and I have looked forward to every one since. The story of Shane and Avery was absolutely wonderful. It was fast and fun. The story flowed and it wasn’t drawn out. We got to know and understand both of the main characters and visited with old friends.

Shane came across as a manwhore in previous stories. Now, we are seeing the real man behind the mask. He’s
Karen
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Avery was a real firecracker. Shane meets her on the street as she tells her boyfriend off and he takes off in his vehicle with her purse. Damsel in distress? Shane is a decent guy. He attracts woman and yet has not felt anything beyond "catch and release".
Avery is having a really bad night and Shane seems willing to stick it out to see her purse returned by an unrepentant Ben.

Avery holds up but a lot of her strength is having Shane there with her because she's done with foolish Ben.

Avery's con
Heather 123
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I did not read the first book in this series however it can be read as a stand alone.

I really enjoyed this book; I appreciated the author had the two characters meet without knowing who the other is. I liked the back and fourth story telling between both characters giving us both points of view because if it was only told from one point of view I think the reader's opinion could be easily swayed to one party.

I liked the back story that both Shane and Avery had; that neither of them had the perf
P.e. lolo
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This book opens with the two lead characters meeting like a country music video. Shane Hart one of the top record producers and the brother to Jolene which the first book in this series is about, who is also a top female country music star. Shane leaves the bachelor party that was being thrown for Jolene’s husband, and while walking he hears a female yelling down an alley. He then sees this short little red head jumping out of a four wheel drive pick-up and is yelling at the driver. When he gets ...more
Connie N.
#2 in the Nashville Nights romance series

Thanks to NetGalley for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I think I'd rate this 3.5 stars, if I could, but I'll round up because I liked the characters. Shane is the brother of Jolene Hart, superstar singer MC from the previous book in the series. He is a music producer, and a manwhore, gorgeous and sexy. When he sees a girl dumped out of the truck in front of him after an obvious fight, he stops to help. Avery just found out her b
Nalla Reads
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews

Originally posted on NallaReads

img_9296-copy

**ARC received from NetGalley for an honest review**

I was lucky enough to read Heart Breaker and Dream Maker in one sitting. Heart Breaker unfortunately had an immature to feel to it that I generally wouldn't associate with Erin McCarthy's style. I was hoping Dream Maker wouldn't have the same tone and thankfully it was more impressive.

I loved that Shane held the trope of tortured hero but with a more rock era vibe. He finds Avery after her very-recent breakup (Lit

Deborah
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jd-read, amazon-done
Shane is a music producer and has issues when it comes to relationships. He grew up with a very abusive father and he vowed to never treat woman the way his father treated his mom and sisters. He meets Avery after watching her leap from a truck yelling at the man inside. He decides to help Avery when her boyfriend-now ex-boyfriend, leaves her stranded on the road side without a purse. He was drawn to her immediately.

Avery is a songwriter with dreams of making it big in Nashville. After finding
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I found the writing so choppy at the start of this story that I almost DNF’d it. Fortunately, the writing does become more fluent as the story progresses. This is a cute, sweet romance between a struggling songwriter and a famous Nashville producer.

I struggled to warm to Avery, the slightly TSTL heroine. A virgin in her mid twenties, still dating her high school boyfriend and prone to tears, Avery is not a woman I’d actively b
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

The second book in the series features Jolene's producer brother, Shane. If you enjoyed book 1, this gives even more of the behind the scenes of these country music families' romances. It is somewhat clichéd, but I guess that is what we are led to expect from that section of the music scene.

Avery is a woman on a mission - yet she has been in a dead end relationship for 8 years, waiting for the 'right' moment - and somew
Bobbie
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well damn! I forget how well Erin McCarthy tells a story until I get to another one of her books and then once again, I'm blown away by how she gets her readers so totally involved in a story. This book was so good that it literally was a one seating read for me. I could not make myself get up and do anything else that needed to be done. I was totally immersed into this story. I had read and reviewed Heart Breaker, the previous book in this series, but if you haven't read that book, this is a st ...more
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one is a big improvement on the first book in the series.

This features Shane, Jolene from the first books brother. He's a commitment phobe due to things he experienced in his childhood. He's a nice guy. He meets Avery and they spend an evening getting to know one another which culminates in sex. They had great, believable chemistry and the sex scenes were well written.

I liked them both but the story is not long enough which was annoying as I wanted to read more about them. It's too rushed b
Amanda
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This was a cute story that I may have liked a little bit more than I liked the first one, probably because I'm a fan of encounter stories than I am of 2nd chance love. Avery was fun and feisty, but she still seemed to evolve through the course of the story. Shane was a good guy, but he had some jack ass moments. While annoying, they also gave him a chance to be redeemed. The story was enjoyable and I liked the connec
Heather andrews
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I literally almost peed my pants at Shane's reaction to Avery's note she left, "what the actual eff did that mean? Shane stared at it, irritated as hell. Was she suggesting he was merely decent in bed? A decent ***k? Or was she saying thanks for being nice?" Shane really doesn't have any patience, "Shane pressed his erection against her ***. “I’m up. That means you’re up.” I really liked this book, with Avery, Shane was kept on his toes.
Karla Andrews
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Erin McCarthy. Love the whole Nashville series, so far. Wink wink. This book captured my heart right away. I love in all her books she adds a back history of each character. This time it was an abusive father for Shane. Wow! What a thing to go thru. But will love help him? Avery will try.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Deniz
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Not sure if i am rounding up or not...
Well written, super enjoyable yet the last 20% kinda let the book down.
Full review to follow!
Sheryl C. Nash
*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Random House Publishing*
Amanda
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Nashville Nights series. Shane Hart is a famous producer in Nashville and is the older brother of superstar Jolene Hart. He loves women and women love him but he never plans on settling down as a wife and kids is not for him. After Shane leaves his future brother in laws bachelor party alone he stumbles across a beautiful red head thrown out on the street by her cheating boyfriend. Avery has came to Nashville to become a songwriter and hopefully meet her secret hal ...more
Bette Hansen
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this one!! To think I almost didn't want to read this one makes me shutter. I really didn't care for the first book in this series but this one sucked me right in and made me fall in love with these characters. Shane and Avery are so great together and their story was sweet, sexy, and fun. All the things I enjoy in a good romance.

Avery O’Leery is finally getting her chance to have her music heard. She's always had a dream of being a song writer and now is her time. She first meets
Madm007
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🎸🎶

The first few lines definitely piqued my interest and I just had to see where this was going.
I adored the whole book.
Avery was tough but naive, and I loved her character. Her mouth was maybe 1 step ahead of her brain sometimes, and would get her in bits of trouble, or just make you lol.
Shane was a woman lover or lover of women I should say. He meets Avery quite by accident and gets a lot of feelings he's just not wired for, or so he thinks.
A really feel good romance with sigh worthy heat, s
Lisa
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a Net Galley copy.
First, I love Ms. McCarthy's writing. It is always so full of heart and soul that I fall in love with her characters usually before I'm halfway into the book. This was no exception. I loved the setting of Nashville. I loved the backdrop of country music, stars and songwriters. I felt at home reading about Shane and Avery and learning about their pasts and their problems. I loved Shane coming to Avery's rescue, I loved him finding her so accidentally later on and th
Sandy
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute

The second book in the series and just as good as the first. Always interesting to see how people interact and overcome their backgrounds. Shane and Avery meet by accident. He's a music producer in Nashville, she is an aspiring songwriter. They both are hiding secrets, and there's lots of angst but they do eventually have their HEA.
Now I have to go find the next story and complete the Hart family
Cindy
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think the construct of the book was very believable, and the only thing that did not work for me was the ending. The conflict at towards the end where Shane confronted Ben, Avery's ex, and went bezerk didn't really work for me. I did not feel like the conflict was really resolved when Shane and Avery really got together in the end. Despite my small complaints on these issues, it was still a smooth and enjoyable read for me.
Patty Champion
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Never judge a book by it's cover. This was a fantastic read and I cannot wait for Ellie's book. Avery Comes to Nashville to become a songwriter but she hooks up with Shane, Avery did not know Shane was a famous Producer. Shane did not know Avery's connection to his brother -in-law, Well neither did his brother in law.
This is a must read book I highly recommend it.
Casey Leigh
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this second Nashville Nights love story. Lots of emotion being dealt with between various characters as well as internal dealings. Family dynamics vary in everyone’s life, it’s how we respond that counts. An excellent read.
  • On the Line (Milwaukee Dragons, #1)
  • Catch and Release (Fishing for Trouble, #3)
  • Unsung (Country Roads, #5)
  • Meant to Be (Whisper Creek, #5)
  • Breakaway (Pilots Hockey, #5)
  • Craving Flight
  • Hold Her Again
  • Rockstar Romance
  • Sweet Talk Boxed Set
  • Crazy, Stupid Sex
  • More Than You Know (The Harrisons, #1)
  • More Than Exes (Chasing The Dream, #0.5)
  • All Note Long (Perfect Harmony, #3)
  • Diamonds and Dust (Lonesome Point, Texas, #3)
  • Flesh & Bone (The Minstrel Series, #2)
  • Love Struck (Miss Match, #2)
  • Private Politics (The Easy Part, #2)
  • Take Me Back (Paradise, Idaho, #4)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written over seventy novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.

Nashville Nights (3 books)
  • Heart Breaker (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • Love Taker (Nashville Nights, #3)