Start by marking “Searching for Harmony: A Boston Love Novel” as Want to Read:
Searching for Harmony: A Boston Love Novel

Searching for Harmony: A Boston Love Novel (Boston Love #1)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  1,106 Ratings  ·  265 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Kelly Elliott comes the gut-wrenching story of a love that transcends all odds—and transforms the deepest pain into the brightest hope.

Firefighter and first responder Preston Ward thought he had grown immune to the job’s emotional burns. But when he goes out on a particularly tragic call, he realizes that some scenes are too devasta
Published July 12th 2016 by Loveswept

Lisa
Apr 22, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, for-review
3 Stars!

Searching for Harmony is a stand-alone contemporary romance by author Kelly Elliott. I now have a few books by Ms. Elliott under my belt and I readily admit that I am a fan of her sweet and gushy tales of love and woe. There is just something about reading a low-angst romance that you can easily fall into and be swept away by all the love and happiness.

Preston Ward and Harmony Banks are linked by tragedy. The day that Harmony lost it all is the day that she also met Preston. He was the f
Erika
DNF at 10% Not rating this.

I initially was not going to read this book because a review lead me to believe that the hero was with a GF for much of the book. After the author very kindly let me know that the GF is only around towards the beginning, I decided to go for it. I was hesitant because after looking at her books, I concluded that I am not the target reading audience. I think her books may be aimed at young adult readers who like the OW and OM drama, angst, and sex scenes with OW/OM, etc
Wil Loves Books!
This was overall a sweet book and a fast read. I have to admit that after reading the blurb I had way higher expectations about the book than what I eventually got. Even though the blurb points to a super angsty read, this is anything but. Like I said, is overall very sweet and romantic.

Searching for Harmony teaser 2

The book starts on a super tragic note. Harmony and Preston meet on what is definitely the worst day of her life. Harmony suffers a great loss and Preston feel connected to her in a strange way. While Harmony is
Claire Robinson
Apr 20, 2016 Claire Robinson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-swept
1 - "You just made this so much easier." Star.

DNF @ 22%

Quick sum up, this book in the 22% I read pretty much had every trope I despise in my love stories –

(view spoiler)
Diana
Apr 25, 2016 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
My feelings were all over the place with this one.
Full review to come, closer to release date

I was provided a copy of this book via NetGalley, in exchange for a honest review
♥Rachel♥
DNF at 33%.

I'm not connecting with Harmony at all. The emotions and dialogue are not coming off as natural for the situation, and what's with all this winking? I don't think people in real life wink so much and in the face of loss it seems completely strange.

A copy was kindly provided by Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Christina
May 17, 2016 Christina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
ARC kindly provided via NetGalley for an honest review

Overall it was a book I just couldn’t finish (I stopped at 30% - and I hate not finishing books) and that is because I couldn’t connect with the characters
I felt there was lack of emotions, lack of chemistry and everything was so predictable even their dialogues.
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
******ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review******
Alyse
Jul 13, 2016 Alyse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Preston Ward met Harmony Banks the day she lost everything. After being a firefighter for several years, Preston thought he became immune to the emotional tolls of his job. But he can't shake Harmony or the complete devastation in her eyes while she begged him to save her son. Preston watches from the wings as Harmony struggles to get her life back together.

The pair eventually forms a friendship which leads to deeper feelings developing. Preston is ready to take the chance at loving Harmony, bu
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Amanda's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Searching for Harmony is an emotional love story for a young woman who lost her whole world in just one moment. At 18 Harmony became a mother and a wife. 2 years later tragedy struck and she lost it all in a tragic car accident. Preston, the firefighter who tried to save her son, felt a connection to Harmony and wanted to be there for her. As Harmony works through her grief she accepts the small acts of kindness Preston shows her to get thro
Tana
Jun 19, 2016 Tana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Searching for Harmony by Kelly Elliott

I enjoyed reading Searching for Harmony, if you have read anything by Kelly Elliott you will know you are going to be reading a sweet sometimes heartfelt romance story.

Harmony is suffering and is trying to deal with the loss of her family, learning how to live alone and move on.

Preston who was the firefighter at the accident cannot forget Harmony and the way she looked at him that dreadful night. He feels a connections to her and decides he has to see how
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*

If there is one thing I could say about reading a book penned by Kelly Elliott, it would be that I know that I am guaranteed a sweet romance story. And sometimes I really need to read something that isn't too complicated or angsty.

Harmony's life gets completely flipped on it's head in one soul destroying moment that takes everything she has ever loved away from her. She hasn't had it easy the past few years anyway and now something that will completely test her faith in the universe ha
Kim
Apr 23, 2016 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-in-2016
Chris  Carroll
The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about this book is how damn sweet it is. The story starts out with tragedy that is very emotional. However the story soon turns into a more positive flow.

The author takes us on a journey of in-depth love that fills your heart and truly is a very sweet story. You find yourself rooting on the characters and hoping for the best.

However, as in all romance stories, there has to be some kind of angst and this one included it in such a manner that I kn
Irene

Searching For Harmony was an OK read.
I failed to connect with the main characters and some of their actions didn't sit well with me which affected my overall enjoyment. This makes me sad as the blurb sounded like my kind of read.
Hoping the next book in the Boston Love series is more to my liking.

Thank you Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley for the advance copy.
Viollar Nasaba
May 16, 2016 Viollar Nasaba rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
i liked it, i didn't love it but it was okay. I found it to be a bit rushed, boring at some point but i loved the story line..very touching..
* A review copy was provided by the author/publisher via NetGalley for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Finding Your Harmony Stars ~

Full REVIEW Now Posted ::
“ Every Princess deserves her Happily Ever After. Follow your heart.”

This sentence sums up what Searching For Harmony was all about. This was a book about tragic loss, healing, and moving on.

As always I love anything Kelly Elliott writes. She is always able to give us a story that is full of emotion, love and romance. I have to say that I felt this
Jennifer Dicenzo
I loved every bit of this book! It was touching and emotional. I can't even put into words how it would feel to be in Harmony shoes in the beginning of this book. The turmoil of losing everything you love and having to pick up and move on. Preston happens to be the firefighter and first responder to come upon the wreck and cannot seem to get over the emotional fall out of this one. He seeks out Harmony to try to figure his way out of the emotional burden, but what he finds is so much more. Harmo ...more
A Klue
While searching for a romantic read, I stumbled across this “new to me” author on NetGalley. Though I certainly never shy away from angst, I just got to say this started off as one very depressing storyline. Trey, Harmony’s “married him only because he’s my teenage baby daddy” husband and child are killed right off the bat. It is under that gut-wrenching scenario she meets the firefighter/first responder hero, Preston Ward. After not being able to save her son, he’s drawn into her circle of loss ...more
LA Spiez
Jul 29, 2016 LA Spiez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-star-reads
Never did I ever for one minute think Kelly Elliott could make me love a book boyfriend more than Gunner Mathews. She came close with Thano, but hands down I am ridiculously in love with Preston Ward.

OMG Kelly! Dark messy hair, light green eyes, sick body and HE'S A FIREFIGHTER! I know, I know, Riley you're so superficial. But seriously looks are the first thing you see. Keep reading though because Preston is just as beautiful inside as he is outside. He's loyal, caring and adores his family.

I'm
Three Chicks
3.5 Stars
Review by Trinette Dungee

At the tender age of twenty, Harmony Banks has suffered the ultimate lost. With the help of her brother and firefighter Preston Ward, Harmony is slowing learning to build her life back up and eventually open her heart again.

As a firefighter Preston Ward has seen tragedy but he’s never been as close to the tragedy. While some feel like Preston’s attraction is more out of guilt for not being able to prevent her loss, Preston knows his feelings for Harmony are rea
Amy
I’m just going to keep this review short and sweet. I am usually a huge Kelly Elliot fan. She is one of those authors that is an auto-one click for me. So, when I heard about Searching for Harmony, I didn’t even think twice about it.

Searching for Harmony is a quick and easy read. It starts off with one heartbreaking beginning. This is a story about loss and finding the strength to move on. It is a sweet second chance romance.

So, overall, I thought this was an ok read. The story-line was interest
Sarah Wayne
I read a lot. I read to relax, to take my mind briefly to another, better place. My brother teases me incessantly about those korny book covers, reading the sappy backs describing the story often exaggerating the plot especially if it mentions his straining member and her quivering breasts, and he says too beautiful to be real girl and too muscular and hot to be real boy meet, boy and girl have an instant connection, then boy does something to make the girl mad and he has to fight for her and he ...more
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Advanced Readers Copy Courtesy of Netgalley....:)

I have to admit that I do love books with lots of knitty gritty stuff, but every now and then I love to slow it down and read something sweet, no angst, a bit of insta love and a whole dose of romance. This was the perfect example of this book.....

Harmony meets Preston on what is undoubtedly the worst day of her life. She looses everything that she holds dear to her and even though as a fireman Preston sees this thing often, there is just somethi
KAS
Jun 08, 2016 KAS rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books I enjoyed reading for a few chapters, thinking this is really going to be a sweet romance, then, not so much. The plot line was very good. I mean, who can resist the story of a young woman who tragically loses everyone close to her, only to be saved by the devastatingly handsome firefighter, who was there that fateful night. But the constant vulgar language was just too much for me. Wish there were disclaimers in the book description. The characters were quite sweet a ...more
Bette Hansen
Jun 29, 2016 Bette Hansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. There are one or two things I would have liked to see handled differently but overall it was a very enjoyable read. The story starts out very dramatically and had me glued to the pages to see what happened. To me, that's that sign of a great read. I could feel the emotional turmoil that both Preston and Harmony were going through and their connection seemed real and true. I don't want to say to much and spoil the story but this is definitely a book I would recommend.
Yasmin Hesham
This was pretty good and cute but also terribly fast
A
Apr 24, 2016 A rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review :)

I absolutely adored this lovely story... fantastic writing style, likeable characters, especially the whole Preston's family... that bunch really stole my heart... after heart breaking beginning the ending is even more beauiful :) a very quick read :) full review on the day of the release :)

edited to add my full review :)

I got the ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review and
Becca
Oct 12, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every single time I pick up a book my Kelly Elliott, I know that I will be taken on a journey that may take me on a roller coaster of emotions. Searching for Harmony did exactly that.

Harmony and her ex boyfriend, in high school, find out that she's pregnant not even a week after they break up. Harmony is given an ultimatum by her parents to either abort the baby or keep the baby and be disowned.

Three years later Harmony finds herself fighting for the love of Trey and just trying to be the best
Julie Kirby
Jul 13, 2016 Julie Kirby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Searching for Harmony 5 *
Kelly Elliott 27/6/16
I have absolutely no idea how Kelly can pull out such an amazingly emotional, heart wrenching story, time and again. BUT she does. We get plots that always have you wanting to know what’s next…

You get straight into the story, going through the tough times, Harmony is dealing with, she has to make tough decisions for someone so young.

Harmony came from a wealthy background; whose parents were only interested in their status within the community.

I loved
  • The Best of Me (Return to Briarwood, #2)
  • Always for You: Jack (Sergeant Joe's Boys, #1)
  • Predestined Hearts
  • Welcome to Forever (Hero's Welcome, #1)
  • Accidentally in Love (Friends First, #3)
  • Rush (White Lace, #1)
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
  • Heart Breaker (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • Semper Mine (Sons of War, #1)
  • After We Fall (Take the Fall, #3)
  • Rose
  • Wanderlust
  • Conned (The Brannock Siblings, #2)
  • Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Show Me How (Thatch, #3)
  • The Dance
  • The Three Fates of Ryan Love (Beyond, #2)

Kelly Elliott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling contemporary romance author. Since finishing her bestselling Wanted series, Kelly continues to spread her wings while remaining true to her roots and giving readers stories rich with hot protective men, strong women and beautiful surroundings.

Her bestselling works include, Wanted, Broken, Without You, and Unconditional Love, to name just
More about Kelly Elliott...

Boston Love (2 books)
  • Fighting for Love (Boston Love, #2)