Start by marking “Mr. and Mr. Smith (Tough Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mr. and Mr. Smith (Tough Love, #1)

Mr. and Mr. Smith

(Tough Love #1)

Secrets and seduction make for an explosive combination in HelenKay Dimon’s edgy, thrilling new series, which kicks off with a novel about two men who can handle any threat—except the one posed by desire.

Fisher Braun knows how to keep a secret. As a covert paramilitary operative, his job—and his life—depends on it. He’s at the top of his game, ready for action and always
Published May 24th 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Mr. and Mr. Smith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. and Mr. Smith

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Romantic thrillers aren't typically my genre, but I really enjoyed this story. It was exciting, fast paced, and sexy. Throw in two alpha males and, yowzah, the sparks fly!

The book begins and ends with a rescue. But who saves whom?

Zach and Fisher have been together for months, Fisher going against all protocol to keep the relationship hidden from the CIA (Fisher is an agent, a super secret one!).

Fisher always follows orders, but he's willing to break the rules for Zach—until he comes home to f
Shin Mon Thway
I don’t know what took me so long to actually discover this series. I was obviously late to the party. 😁 And OMG! What a discovery! 😱 I love it! 😍 Well, hear me out. In case you don’t know, I’m a sucker for anything Angelina Jolie. I wanna do her sooooo so bad. 😂 And unsurprisingly, Mr. and Mrs. Smith was one of my favorite movies. I loved it. 😏 I know it’s kinda silly and comedic, but I just loved how funny and witty it was. So when I saw this book, I knew that I needed to read this just for th ...more
Lyn
I was disappointed when the blurb turned out to be the background to the actual story. I was really looking forward to reading about Fisher and Zach meeting and their relationship development as they both lead double lives.
Fisher really frustrated me. Yes, I get that he felt betrayed by Zach, but it's not like he was completely honest with Zach during their relationship.
Too bad Fisher's hurt feelings lasted so long, because once he stopped acting like an idiot, I really like him and Zach as a
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

What happens when a covert agent realizes the man he loves lied to him, barring the fact that he lied about the very nature of his own job and identity? What happens when a double agent, in an effort to protect one of his own, falls for him instead?? Apparently, all sorts of complications and yummy goodness. I mean, who doesn't love spies and espionage, and shit blowing up??

You've got Fisher, who's a lot stubborn but understandably betrayed. Then you've got Zach, who's torn between duty a
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
This one was just okay for me. Romantic suspense is one of my favorite genres but neither the romance or the suspense really wowed me.

The beginning and end were pretty exciting. But the big chunk in the middle was pretty slow and a bit on the boring side. It didn't really hold my attention.

Fisher was a bit of a hypocritical ass. But I liked Zach. And there was some good banter, mostly between Nathan and Fisher.

Maybe I would have enjoyed the romance more if we got some of Zach and Fisher toget
Renée
~3.75 stars~

This one was enjoyable, thought not the best romantic suspense I've read. Fisher and Zach are both CIA agents, though only Zach knows that. Fisher keeps his identity a secret, even from his boyfriend, because that's protocol.

It was a fun ride, with certain twists that added entertainment value, and some that are still up in the air - for the next book, I guess.

It had its OTT moments and times when you really need to suspend your disbelief, but you should read this for the entertainme
Meags
3.5 Stars

When covert CIA operative Fisher Braun discovers that his (secret) civilian lover Zach has been kidnapped by Pentasus – a murderous people smuggling crime organisation – he throws protocol and caution to the wind and mans an ill-advised rescue mission, with only his bestie and fellow operative Nathan as back-up.

Shit hits the fan quickly when the pair is captured on sight.

Shit really hits the fan when one of their captors is none other than Zach himself.

As it turns out, Zach isn’t the
CrabbyPatty
As Mr. and Mr. Smith begins, we are thrown head-first into a helluva crisis with Fisher discovering his boyfriend Zach has been kidnapped by Pentasus, a nefarious crime group. But when Fisher and his brother-in-arms Nathan rush in to the rescue, Fisher discovers Zach on the other side of a gun, deep undercover for the CIA, or is he?

The chemistry between Fisher and Zach is palpable and the first part of the book - when Fisher is absolutely convinced that Zach is working for Pentasus and started t
Lorraine Lesar
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
A very different read for me and I have to say that overall I enjoyed it. However, if it had been about 50 pages less, I would have enjoyed it even more. The first 40% was good, very good, I was hooked. I liked the idea of a operative within a certain branch of the CIA, keeping his true identity from his lover and I liked it even better that his lover was keeping even more secrets.....
However, Fisher pissed me off big time with his over the top feelings of betrayal from Zach. For someone who was
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*I kinda liked it*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

This wasn't all that bad. The book centers around a covert paramilitary operative (for the Special Activities Division of the CIA), Fisher Braun (how old?) and a deep undercover agent for the CIA, Zachary ‘Zach’ Allen (how old?). The truth about who they are comes out when Fisher's life is in danger and Zach does everything to protect him. That doesn't mean the danger is over, nor that Fisher is ready to forgive Zach for lying.
He saw one of them shake his head
Meep
Feb 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
The introduction held such promise but this very quickly slipped off the rails. Far from the action packed spy thriller promised this turned out to be a bunch of teenagers emoting.

Fisher: OMG you lied to me more than I was lying to you
Zach: But the sex was good
Fisher: OMG I'll never get over this
Others: You so bad Zach
Zach: But I super secreter than you spy
Fisher: Me too, but you lied to me more than I lied to you
Zach: I know, but the sex was so good
Others: oooohh!
Zach: Reveals he knows top secr
Susan
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it

Wow…the first 25% of this book had me HOOKED and reminded me of the really great romantic action-suspense books I used to read by Cindy Gerard and Pamela Clare. It hit me that I haven’t come across any (or at least not many) really great suspense’y novels in the LGBTQ+ romance library. I missed that…something…ah, yes…that quick adrenaline rush straight off the bat, that had me hair-on-fire reading page after page. So, as I was reading “Mr. and Mr. Smith”, right away I thought “HOOOYEAH!
Kade Boehme
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Goodness. Lots of bickering. And I agree with someone who said the actual betrayal would have socked me in the gut harder had I seen some of their actual day-to-day relationship rather than picking up at the moment of betrayal. I mean I still got it. I actually think I never got over Fisher being a mark. I GOT him being angry and kinda never was okay with Zach again even after Fisher got ok with things.

The spoiler is TOTALLY just a personal opinion on the Big Betrayal. Others may not feel as st
Fabi
Do you remember the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith? It was a favorite of mine so when I saw this title I had to take a peek.

It starts off with a bang. A heart-stopping situation where your worst fears come true. Except, you didn't know you had even more to fear. There's a reveal that is so much worse. Not only heart-stopping, but heart-shattering. So much action, suspense, intrigue, betrayal.

Between trying to stay alive, keeping each other alive and reconciling the feelings of betrayal with the passio
Didi
Mar 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
I'm new to HelenKay Dimon's writing so I didn't know what to expect of. What first drew me to this book was the title and I was curious if it'd be M/M version of Brangelina's Mr. and Mrs. Smith. ;-)

Turns out it was a mellower, sappy, very talkative, and not to mention whinier version of spy romance. At least to me.

Set in London, the story told of two characters who were respectively a field officer - Zach - and a black ops one - Fisher - of different divisions at CIA. Some orchestrated deceit g
Ariana
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
I'm finding it very difficult to rate books like this (CIA, FBI agents etc) without comparing them to Roux and Urban's Ty and Zane. These two characters set a certain standard for all crazy, hard-ass guys of that profession who get into the most impossible and dangerous situations all the time and are as tough as door nails, whilst melting your heart with their vulnerability.

There is a lot I really enjoyed about this book.
The scenario was fun (view spoiler)
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it

3.5 Stars

That was fun!

Mr. and Mr. Smith was full of action and sex and laughs. What’s not to love about a team of hot, badass, undercover operatives?!

The action kicks off with a bang! Nathan and Fisher, best friends and partners, race off to rescue Fisher’s boyfriend--Zach. As the situation escalates into gunfire and torture, Fisher soon realizes his computer nerd boyfriend is not who he thought he was. But neither is Fisher. Covers and hearts are blown wide open from the word GO! Jump in and en
Josy
~ 3.5 stars ~

I liked the first and the last part. The middle part was too drawn out for my liking. I liked the action, although it was a little OTT and not very believable, but this didn't bother me.

I didn't feel the romance, though. This book takes part over only 2 days and most of it is filled with gunfire, kidnapping, explosions, and strategy discussions. The MCs already knew each other before this story begins and we get some flashbacks to their time before but it wasn't enough for me to rea
Tess
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chance

Good concept in theory but it didn't quite come together for me and I didn't feel the romance.
Chris
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
I enjoyed this action / spy thriller with 3.75 stars from me - there’s nothing like covert operations and torture to get the angst going. While I started to appreciate Fisher & Zach by the end their blow up after their cover was blown felt a little odd to me. I get Fishers feeling of betrayal but his back and forth vibe towards Zach was frustrating. I also found Nathan’s complete turn around to be too quick - one minute he wants to kill Zach, next he’s telling Fisher to marry Zach. I still e ...more
Natalie
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, amazon
I love me some black ops.

I enjoyed this quite a bit. I didn't really see the same issues that some other reviewers mentioned. I didn't think the bickering really went on too long and Fischer's anger was appropriate. I appreciated that he did eventually put more thought into it and reviewed what Zach had said and done and realized what they had was real. His self analysis and views on love and relationships progressed well in the narrative. I liked Zach too, and I was empathetic with his dedicati
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
First HelenKay read for me and in retrospect, I probably shouldn’t have had it lingered in my TBR all this time. This story line is the kind I gravitate towards in a movie; full of action and suspense. In a book, even better, because you can add some heat:p

Fisher and Zach are CIA agents playing from different sides. All these secrets and lies, oh my! Fisher was meant to be just a job for Zach, but you know how those things work out, they don’t. Feelings become involved. Feelings get hurt and tur
agirlwithoutwings
This started so engaging that I think it raised my expectations, because before reaching even the middle of it, things started getting pretty predictable and going downward, and later even more boring. I wished there remained a bit of the not-very-dramatic unexpectedness of the first part, it had really good potential! There was something in the book that made connecting to the plot and characters difficult!
DaisyGirl
2.5 (2.0) Stars

I almost DNF'ed this book but eventually managed to finish it and I'm happy I did. It wasn't a bad book per se but I had issues. First, the positives: I read it cover to cover and came to like the MCs at the (very) end. The bad: bad emo. This book was primed from the start for some serious angst. Personally, I like my stories with a nice dose angst; it puts the emo in me in emo heaven. However, this was bad emo. The I-hate-you-and-have-every-reason-to-hate-you-but-will-have-angry-
River
Jul 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This book had some up and downs but overall not bad.

It was kinda weird because this is a established couple and I felt like I was being thrown in the middle of something.
We were told a little bit about their relationship but not much.

The beginning was intense, the las few chapters were intense and nice but the middle was a little slow.

I understood Both sides, both had good reasons to do the things they did and of course for being mad. I would have been more surprised if Fisher would
Jennifer☠Pher☠
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, re-read-2017
**Re-read refresher for the rest of the series and the new spin off.**

4 stars again!

I am so glad I took the time to re-read this! I honestly remembered less than I thought I would and the book felt really fresh to me.

I really enjoyed it. I like the setup for the series. I already have a feeling I am going to enjoy more missions with the team.

I feel like this was a good and balanced Romantic Suspense and I'm jumping right into book 2.
~Kristin~
4 Stars
I didn't read a lot of reviews prior to starting this book, because I didn't want to spoil the fun, so I was a little surprised by some of the issues people had. I will be completely honest, most of them didn't really bother me. I see where people are coming from, but I felt both MC's told some whoppers of lies, and I was able to get past it. I really enjoy romantic suspense novels, throw in two hot bad ass men and I'm most likely going to love it. This was a great start for the series, I
Ralou by Collector Of Book Boyfriends

Ta-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra ra ta-dam!!!!

I’m officially a member of the M/M Readers & Reviewers club!!! YAY!! Finally, after months of planning, I got to read my first M/M romance novel. And I couldn’t be more glad that this book set the starting point and put it on the road towards becoming one of my fav genres. So, thank you Mr. and Mr. Smith for that!

Two CIA agents; Fisher and Zach. Both involved in the same case. Both trying to protect each other from the consequences of this involvement of t
WTF Are You Reading?
When Fisher Braun returns home after a mission to discover his home burgled, and his boyfriend taken; he is devastated!
Apparently not as devastated as when he finds out that boyfriend that he has been lying to, has been lying to him as well.

Just what is it that these two lovebirds have been lying about...you ask?
Try everything!
So imagine Fisher's surprise when he is taken. Only to find himself being tortured at the hands of the man he loves.

Yes, it seems that Zachary Allen has more than a few se
  • Where Death Meets the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1)
  • Day and Knight (Day and Knight, #1)
  • Loving Luki Vásquez (Vásquez & James, #1)
  • Death and Destruction (Death and Destruction, #1)
  • Enemies like You  (Enemies with Benefits #1)
  • The Two Gentlemen of Altona (Playing the Fool, #1)
  • Be Still My Heart (Four Kings Security, #2)
  • Risky Behavior (Bad Behavior, #1)
  • In the Red
  • Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1)
  • Darkest Night (Wired & Dangerous, #2)
  • Reclamation
  • Every Move He Makes
  • Without a Net
  • Mobsters and Miracles
  • Enemy Of My Enemy (Executive Office #2)
  • Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)
  • Fish Stick Fridays (Half Moon Bay, #1)
HelenKay Dimon is a divorce lawyer-turned-romance author. After dedicating years to helping people terminate relationships she now writes romance novels full time. Her books have earned praise, appeared on bestseller lists, won numerous awards and twice been named Red-Hot Reads and excerpted in Cosmo. She sometimes writes erotic romance, sometimes writes romantic suspense and sometimes writes cont ...more

Tough Love (3 books)
  • The Talented Mr. Rivers (Tough Love #2)
  • Guarding Mr. Fine (Tough Love, #3)