Start by marking “The Proposal (Porter Family #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Proposal (Porter Family #3.5)

The Proposal

(Porter Family #3.5)

A cold night in Texas, a dream of marriage, a happily ever after....

Single mom Amber Richardson spends every holiday season working to give her young son the best Christmas possible and striving to ignore the empty chairs around her table, chairs she wishes her mother and father and extended family occupied.

She'd hoped that this holiday would be fuller and happier than th
Published December 4th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Proposal

Andrea Cox
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
by Andrea Renee Cox

This is the first Becky Wade book I've adored. It was pleasantly free from sexual tension (which had been heavily present in the previous three books in this series), and the only negative I found was the use of "bedroom eyes," whatever those are.

The Proposal was a darling short story with good shock value and happy surprises. It's a charming little story that wiggled its way into my heart. I wish Ms. Wade's full-length books would match this one's innocence and delight.

I was
Chantel
Becky Wade has given us a Christmas treat by allowing to follow up on Amber and Will. This story was cute on it's own, but I think you'll experience it better if you've read the prior books in the series following Amber's storyline.
Undeniably Yours
Meant to be Mine
A Love Like Ours

Oh my...I loved this short story so much! How can you not feel all warm and fuzzy after reading this. (Swooning)
Now I am in the mood for Christmas:)
Sarita
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute novella. Not sure if people like this exist in real life to create this kind of proposal though...still sweet and made me smile.
Faith
My favorite Becky Wade so far! <33

// updated

What a darling little Christmas story! <3

Prior to reading this one, I had read two novellas and a novel by Mrs. Wade and, while I enjoyed them, I didn't love them. Well...I loved The Proposal, y'all. ;) It was sweet and tender, heartwarming and precious all wrapped up in twenty-five pages.

The romance was sweet and pure, the fireman storyline kinda awesome (Fireproof vibes, y'all xD), and the reconciliation story a perfect add-in. Definitely re
Melanie
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love love loved this!!! Such a sweet read and even though it is super short, I still enjoyed it! The title lets you know exactly what the story it about -- a proposal -- and that's basically it. Still, after getting to know these characters from previous books in the series, it was great to see them get their moment. :)
Hannah
I think this is EXACTLY the sort of Christmas gift favorite authors should give every year. I love it! Amber has been a favorite character all along, and this was so sweet.

Thank you, Becky Wade!
Toni Shiloh
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great short story written in the wonderful style that is Becky Wade.
Alyssa
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you sign up for Becky's author newsletter you can get "The Proposal" for FREE!
Katie W
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm finding that I love these little snippets to tide me over between novels. With a short story, the details about a certain event can be very vivid.

In this short story, Amber, a single mom, is on her way to the fire station to give her boyfriend his cell phone and has a tire blowout. Her thoughts turn to her son and the upcoming Christmas holiday and she thinks a lot about December 20th -- December 20th isn't a good day to die. As she walks the mile to the fire station, she reflects on her li
Brittany
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet, uplifting, and just downright fun short story. It was great seeing Amber get her happily-ever-after! The author did a great job of building up the excitement throughout the story and guiding the reader, little by little, to the romantic conclusion. Fun from start to finish!
Staci
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Pure joy! Loved this short story about Amber.
Rissi
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers looking for some Hallmark-esque literary romance
Shelves: 2015, favorites, review
What began in "Undeniably Yours" draws to a swoon-worthy close in this sweet novella that is more “chapter story” than anything else. Without breaking itself into sections, this scene-long story gives us a peek into the lives of two characters we began to root for in A Love Like Ours, Becky last Porter family novel. The story is as simplistically sweet as it is perfect, about single mom Amber and the kind (not to mention good-looking) single father fireman Will, who captures her guarded heart. H ...more
Kathy
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Cute short story. Really quick read.
Clean
Emilee
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet. Great way to give Amber her "happily ever after". Well done Becky Wade!
Cassie
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adorable! What a sweet little Christmas treat from Becky!
Kara
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a pretty quick read, yet its sweetness is not to be missed! Having not read Undeniably Yours yet, this was my first introduction to these characters. While it would probably be helpful to know their beginning, I was able to understand and enjoy the story without any trouble. As a big fan of Ms. Wade's, I always seem to fall in love with her characters, especially the swoonworthy heroes she writes. And Will is most certainly one of those! :) I loved this peak into he and Amber's lives and ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a feel good novella. A horrible, rotten day can turn into one of the best days ever.

I enjoyed the internal dialogue that Amber went through as she trudged through the snow. She had envisioned a worse and best case scenario. The story is short and sweet and puts a smile on your face.
Dana
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A sweet, sweet proposal story. *sigh*
Victoria Goodbrand
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a sweet story!
Elizabeth
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Proposal : A Christmas Short Story ( Porter Family #3.5 series )
By: Becky Wade

The Proposal is #3.5 A Christmas Short Story of The Porter Family series. I really love Christmas stories and this one was really good ,and the characters were great. This is Amber Richards, a single mom, and Will McGrath, a handsome firefighter’s, story . This story will grab you right from the start and you are hooked. When I got started reading The Proposal , I did not wan’t to put it down till i finished.
I was
Lyn
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a joyous little Christmas romance, like a Christmas cookie--YUMMY and then in the tummy.
;-) Amber was a secondary character in a couple of Becky Wade's Porter Family series. I loved Amber, her story of triumph over adversity and this story is the pinnacle of that. If you've read the Porter Family series, you can miss this sweet holiday morsel!
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This is a cute follow up snippet to a book I loved. It created a very romantic and beautiful scene in my head. So sweet. (and so short!) This will take you about 10 minutes to read. Maybe 20 if you are interrupted. ha.
Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf)
A happy ending for a beloved minor character in Becky's full series.
Amy
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a delicious, dreamy, sappy, teary, happy romantic story! The perfect little holiday epilogue for two of my favorite characters :-)
Courtney
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
This novella was very short, sweet, and to the point.
I thoroughly enjoyed this, just wish it was longer. I am definitely going to read the longer novel behind this story now.

Anne
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet and romantic short story!
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun, quick read

I loved reading Amber’s engagement story and any time spent in Holley, TX with the Porters is time well spent!
Christina
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Super short but sweet

This was a very quick read, but good nonetheless. I think if it had even been a few pages more it would've added to the story a better appreciation for what happened.
Stacey
Today, I pick up a short story called, The Proposal, which is set in Holley, Texas where the Porter Family series is set. It’s the story of Amber Richardson, who we meet in earlier Porter Family novels, Undeniably Yours (book 1) and A Love Like Ours (book 3). She’s on her way to drop off a cell phone to her boyfriend, Will, who works as a firefighter. Amber is a single mom and cautious when it comes to love, not only to protect her heart, but the heart of her child. On the drive to the fire stat ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• One Enchanted Christmas
  • The Perfect Arrangement: An October Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #11)
  • To Have and to Hold: Three Autumn Love Stories
  • Oh, the Weather Outside Is Frightful (Montana Fire Christmas)
  • Charming the Troublemaker (Mitchell's Crossroads #2)
  • The Truth Between Us (Bentwood #2)
  • Believe in Me (Love in Store, #2)
  • The Esther Paradigm
  • Timeless Love: Romantic Stories that Span the Ages
  • The Remedy (Eyes of E'veria, #2)
  • A Sandy's Seashell Shop Christmas
  • Christmas at the Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams, #3.5)
  • A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding, #4)
  • A June Bride (A Year of Weddings, #7)
  • Can't Help Falling
During her childhood in California, Becky frequently produced homemade plays starring her sisters, friends, and cousins. These plays almost always featured a heroine, a prince, and a love story with a happy ending. She's been a fan of all things romantic ever since.

Becky and her husband lived overseas in the Caribbean and Australia before settling in Dallas, Texas. It was during her years abroad t

Porter Family (4 books)
  • Undeniably Yours (Porter Family, #1)
  • Meant to be Mine (Porter Family, #2)
  • A Love Like Ours (Porter Family, #3)
  • Her One and Only (Porter Family, #4)