Start by marking “Raylan (Men of Mercy #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Raylan (Men of Mercy #3.5)

Raylan

(Men of Mercy #3.5)

Raylan Wild lived up to his last name. He spent his youth sowing his oats and living life for the moment. Then he met Amber and after one incredible night, Raylan was ready to give up his wild ways. But then a call from his ex turned his world upside down. Raylan sacrificed his tender new feelings and left town to raise a son he’d never even known existed.

All the while, d
Published November 23rd 2015 by Cypress Bend Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Raylan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raylan

Gi's Spot Reviews
Thanks CC for clearing it up for me:

"B/c he takes her virginity and then leaves without a word b/c his ex calls and he goes to raise his son (he did not know about) then returns 6 years later to "reclaim" her. Basically anything other than a book about all the ways she tortured him would suck. So I will instead save myself some rage and not bother reading!"
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: military
Talk about an abrupt ending!

Raylan and Amber have a past. He once took her virginity then up and left without a word to Amber.
Now 6 years later he's back in Mercy hoping he may get the chance to explain to Amber what happened that night. Maybe even get a second chance with the woman he never forgot.

But Raylan first has to protect Amber. Because he's not the only one who wants her. Her stalker isn't just playing for affection anymore. He's playing for keeps.

So I'm a tad bit disappointed about ho
Coco.V
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 Books 1 - 8 in the Men of Mercy series are FREE on Amazon today (1/28/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

All the while, dreams of a beautiful brown haired girl
Reelika Raimet
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here is my review about the book:
Samantha Jayne Grubey (ABookHaven)
I enjoyed reading about Raylan and Amber. Loved Celine she was hilarious in this! I just wish it was longer!
Meka L. Rascoe
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Nikki Brooks
I am not going to defend Raylan's previous douche like behaviour towards Amber. We now know it came from inexperience and being scared witless of finding someone he actually cared about at the same time as he got a blast of unexpected news. he did not handle the situation, he turned tail and ran! However, he is no longer that younger male and now has pretty much all of his ducks in a row. Next on his list is trying to get back into Ambers good graces. He didn't expect to do it by saving her from ...more
Whispers From
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second chances

Raylan is a DEA agent and Amber is a beautician. They dated six years ago but then Raylan took off without a goodbye. Now he’s back and he’ll do whatever it takes to win Amber back. Amber’s ex boyfriend is stalking her and breaking into her house, setting her car on fire, and putting a dead animal in Raylan’s truck. With each incident, he gets more out of control. Raylan hopes once he tells Amber why he left, she’ll forgive him and they can be together.
Sexy, secrets, and a crazy ex
Joanna
May 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
So Raylan takes Amber's virginity and then disappears, 6 years later he's back to 'claim' her and the first night she sees him again after being left heartbroken, she jumps straight into bed with him. Hmmmm....I would have hoped that she might have held out until she knew why he'd left. He left because he found out he had a son with his druggie ex girlfriend. As his relationship with her didn't go anywhere, why did he wait 6 years to come back???

I enjoyed the suspense around her ex and the stal
Annette Drewett
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping second chance storyline full of action, hurt, betrayal, fear and love. Raylan and Amber were once close, but he left her with no further contact. When he returns to Mercy, Raylan is hoping to reignite the passion and love they had for each other and finally settle down, but Amber has a stalker and she is determined that Raylan will not be the one to get rid of him. Raylan and Amber’s journey of heartbreak and love, really get your empathy working overtime in this novella. This is a real ...more
Mary
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Determined DEA Agent

Good storyline. I was drawn in by Raylan & Amber, so wanting them to get together. I could totally understand each one's backstory. Spoiler Alert: A big problem was they had sex the first night they met again. I understand the heat & feelings they shared. However, the night they had the picnic date they had sex again. Only this time he asked about the Pill! The first time it was unprotected sex & no mention of birth control.
Sony
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable series!

I am enjoying this series, the author give her readers what they want. I felt this story to be a enjoyable short story with suspense, action, and of course second chance at love. I enjoyed watch the heroine grow stronger and not letting any one of thing trap her emotional. As much as I enjoyed the hero of this story, I do look forward to reading the sheriff's story, I having a feeling it's going to be really juicy!
Anita M. Prunty
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Suspense is good.

Lindsay Cross does well with keeping the suspense high in the story but I have a difficult time getting through the mistakes that are made in some details and grammar in the story. It is like it is done in a rush and then not edited. The whole series is like this but I can't quit a series once I start and I like the suspense.
Angie
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Action-packed hotness!

Raylan took Ambers virginity and ran off afterward, but not for the reasons she thought. Now he's back looking for forgiveness and to get Amber back. In the process of working through their past, Amber's ex-boyfriend starts stalking her. Now Amber has to not only trust Raylan with her heart, but also her life.
Donna Purcell zappone
This book is part of the Men of Mercy series and follows Raylan ( a new hottie to us) and Amber.
It is jam packed with suspense,romance,a hot dominant man and a crazy ex-stalker.
But mainly it's about second chances. Knowing when " the one" got away and what has to be done to get "the one" back.
karen
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe a 31/2. Not actually a main Men of Mercy series Just some references.
Of other books characters.
I do like how true Raylan is to Amber now. Inexperience and youth caused not the truth being to,d.
Marion Lent
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oooo....I do love Cajun!

Oh my gosh, this novella is great! A wonderful story of second chance redemption with a bit of a psycho ex thrown in...makes for a can't put it down book.
Kathryn E.
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written

Like all her books I’ve read so far this has great writing, an interesting plot, and strong characters. Just wish someone had edited for spelling and correct pronouns.
Becki
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Raylan

As with all of the books that I've read in this series, Raylan is a hero with a little damage. After leaving his true love to be a father to his child and trying to be a husband to his child's mother, he gets a second chance at his true love.
talia ballard
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast read

Good book but too much was left out, felt like the ending was rushed too, it was like they cought the bad guy and then The end that was it. people we're still shaking and that's it the end okay ..what about meeting his son? .... But again good for a fast read.
Nikkita
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing novella!

What an amazing second chance romantic suspense! Raylan made mistakes with how he dealt with certain things, but now he wants a second chance to proove himself! Throw in a stalker and you are on the edge of your seat with this one!
Dawn Pressel
This was a very abrupt ending
Ann
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 due to ending

I enjoyed the storyline but why did this novella just stop? I sincerely hope this story is continued in another book.
Sammie Shorter
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story

Really loved the hero, Raglan, and I really, really tried to like Amber. Sadly, as much as I tried, it didn't happen.
Heeta
Too much plot in a too short pangs length = too many plot holes and inconsistencies.
Kim McPherson
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Great Book read it straight through. I love a story like this. Very impressed with this author. I definitely will read more of her books.
Ann Brown
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining read

Fast, sexy story. Great, interesting characters. Lots of suspense and danger with a crazy ex. It's a very well written second chance romance.
Mandy Faktor
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Rayland

Ok so this book is short an to the point but does not have much to do with the series.
S. R. Lewis
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I loved this novella. The characters are strong and interesting and wonderful and human as always in this series. The tension and romance are great.
Sally
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice short

The story line is great. Characters are awesome. Good read & to the point . Recommend is you like short novelas.
The MFRW Book Place: 14 Nov 2016 - Raylan 1 1 Nov 14, 2016 04:40AM

• Snatched (Coronado Series, #2)
  • The Wild Man Who Stole Me
  • Inked (Sailor's Grave #2)
  • Prison Promise (Prison Saints #1)
  • Craving Justice (Sons of Sydney, #1)
  • Parker (Striking Back, #3)
  • Hard Limits (Bowen Boys, #4.5)
  • Nate (Cocky Cage Fighter, #6)
  • Playing With Fire: The Complete Series (Playing with Fire, #1-4)
  • Running Wilde (Wilde Security, #4)
  • Exposed (Captive, #2)
  • Texas Kissing
  • Defy (Brothers of Ink and Steel #3)
  • Sin & Secrets (New York Crime Kings #2)
  • Fighting Wrath
  • Wild & Sweet (The Haven Brotherhood, #2)
  • Believed (My Misery Muse, #3)
Lindsay Cross is the award-winning author of the Men of Mercy series. She is the fun loving mom of two beautiful daughters and one precocious Great Dane. Lindsay is happily married to the man of her dreams – a soldier and veteran. During one of her husband’s deployments from home, writing became her escape and motivation.

An avid reader since childhood, reading and writing is in her blood. After y

Men of Mercy (7 books)
  • Redemption River (Men of Mercy #1)
  • Resurrection River (Men of Mercy #2)
  • Reckless River (Men of Mercy, #3)
  • Ravaged River (Men of Mercy #4)
  • Revenge River (Men of Mercy, #5)
  • Relentless River (Men of Mercy #6)
  • Cord's Chance (Men of Mercy #7)