Start by marking “Moonshot” as Want to Read:
Moonshot

Read Book

Moonshot

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  7,984 Ratings  ·  1,269 Reviews
Baseball isn’t supposed to be a game of life and death…

The summer that Chase Stern entered my life, I was seventeen. The daughter of a legend, the Yankees were my family, their stadium my home, their dugout my workplace. My focus was on the game. Chase... he started out as a distraction. A distraction with sex appeal poured into every inch of his six foot frame. A distrac
Published July 4th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Moonshot, please sign up.

Libby Harrison
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

! Moonshot (stand-alone). Forbidden! Inevitable! Doomed! He’s baseball’s bad boy, she is barely legal. Their story spans a decade!

“My head had been up, my teeth deep in the apple, my eyes widening as they encountered the utter beauty that was a naked Chase Stern.”

He is baseball’s superstar playboy who’s slept his way through all his teammate’s wives. She is the daughter of a baseball legend…

A forbidden match!

Moonshot (stand-alone) opens up to baseball shortstop Chase Stern joining the Ya
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 05, 2016 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

Wow, what an awesome book!!! A heart-poundingly intense sports romance filled with forbidden love, second chance romance, and even a murder mystery! There were twists and turns I never saw coming and the final reveal took me completely by surprise! But at its heart is a gorgeous, swoony, unstoppable love story that concludes in a beautiful epilogue! This author is such a talented storyteller. Her writing is utterly addictive and especially in the final third of the book, I could not put it dow
Christy
5 stars!!!

photo 0E6F6076-22B3-49D9-9C0B-DE7D2924B400_zpsaugrvjk3.jpg

Alessandra Torre excels at writing romantic-suspense. Add in sports romance, second chance romance, loads of angst, and forbidden love and you’ve got a thrilling read you won’t want to put down, aka- Moonshot.

Baseball. Americas greatest pastime. Are you a fan? After reading this book you'll want to be! I live in a city with a baseball team so I've been to my fair share of games and always root for the home team (Go, Reds!) but I wouldn't consider myself a baseball fan. After reading
♕Miss A♕
Jul 06, 2016 ♕Miss A♕ rated it really liked it
 photo 0 funny_zpsg947fhlp.jpg

What the actual eff? I am in shock. The dreaded reading slump has been defeated! I am finally back in the saddle. How did it happen? Two magic words- baseball romance. Yes, you read it correctly. Baseball-themed romance novel pulled me out of the abyss.

photo tumblr_inline_mjm3iuunJD1qz4rgp_zpszjcw6jj3.gif

In case you haven't already figured it out, this book is awesome. And coming from a cynic like me, that's saying something.

Why is it so awesome?

Baseball.

photo tumblr_meny4788ls1r1lmyro3_500_zpso3zq0g7t.gif

photo giphy_zpsc1gzrrqj.gif

You just gotta love baseball.

photo tumblr_mjyyo2gALx1qgu5byo1_400_zpstcd8k36d.gif

I never had the desire to play minor or major league baseb
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 04, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Alessandra Torre Fans, Romance, Baseball
5 The Heart Wants What The Heart Wants Stars
* * * * *
IT'S LIVE!
Sometimes there is just so much in a reading experience, it is hard to focus on what to share. One minute you are thinking of a certain passage... then the next is something totally different which touched you and you want to relay those feelings in the review. It can be overwhelming at times and with this latest work from Alessandra Torre...I am in this position.

For this is a love story... of so many degrees...
With all of the lo
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 30, 2016 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 ~4.5 Stars

”Baseball shouldn’t be a life or death. Baseball shouldn’t determine fates.”

description

I too was born and raised in pinstripes and am a huge baseball fan. I dreamt of one day playing first base for the Yankees and being a part of this dream dynasty. Imagine my excitement as our heroine loves the game as much as I do. Yet taking it a step further she actually grew up with the team, how awesome! Ty’s father is the team’s famous closer, Frank Rollins and our Ty grows up to be the team’s ball gir
*****4.5 -5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}
(BR with Mel)

Love had made everything brighter, my smile bigger, my days longer. Every secret smile from him, every stolen touch, had been a shot of happiness. Every night we’d spent together had been a step deeper into our friendship, a cut deeper into my heart.

photo 47f0ce4a675630781c9d6127052267e1_zpsj2d9z5io.jpg

I’m going to be honest and say that I didn’t pay close attention to the blurb for this one. From the moment I saw the cover, I was in love!! I desperately wanted to get my hands o
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jul 04, 2016 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it it was amazing
"Together, we would only bring chaos."

Moonshot by Alessandra Torre is a stunningly heart wrenching read. A 6 star, jaw dropper that had me on the edge of my seat, invested and affected by the characters. Angsty from start to finish, I was immersed in a world of feels where I loved, hurt, cried, smiled, wanted and yearned deeply.

Chase and Ty owned me. From forbidden love, to heart break, to a romance that spans the test of time, to the suspenseful, mystery and second chance elements, Alessandr
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

"Life is a series of stupid decisions interrupted by luck."

Ty is a daughter of a legendary closer for Yankees. She is also a ball girl and she travels with the team to all of the games.

Chase Stern is a star player with questionable reputation who gets traded in to Yankees. He knows Ty is off-limits but despite it all he is drawn to her.

Their forbidden romance blooms but eventually comes to a stop due to some unfortunate circumstances. Years pass until these two cross paths again. Will ther
Elizabeth
"Together, we would only bring chaos."
description

Moonshot is a stand-alone contemporary sports romance expertly blended with love, intrigue, action, and mystery. However, this is not your ordinary sports romance. With murder, baseball, and forbidden love, Moonshot will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire read!

"Spikes first?"
Ty Rollins has spent her entire life in the baseball world. The daughter of a closer for the New York Yankees, she has been a part of the team her entire life. As the "b
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
It's LIVE! 6 STARS <--I LOVED IT!
Amazon US * Amazon UK * Amazon CA
* Amazon AU * iBooks * B&N

MOONSHOT is a STANDALONE novel containing everything I LOVE in a story and Alessandra Torre executes it all to complete perfection. The weaving of the tale illustrates the author's incredible vision for individual and compelling storytelling giving my heart the best kind of emotional workout. Baseball, a curse, deep love, loyalty and murder all have a part to play in the canvas of the narrative m
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Like what you see?' Stars!
BR with my Shhluts :D - Read as part of the Shh... (F)BR for Moonshot.
ARC kindly provided by the author via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
 photo Moonshot - Alessandra Torre_zps9clcmqlm.png

Alessandra Torre has become one of my favourite authors since I read Tight and I a am always excited when she announces new releases. Of course, as an AT fan, I was impatiently waiting for this book! I waited so I could start reading in the Shh... Epic WORLDWIDE (F)Buddy-Read (you can still participate!) and, as alway
Stacey is Sassy
DNF - 71%

Not rating because I didn't finish Moonshot. I accepted an ARC of Moonshot to read and review, it wasn't forced on me and my bias would have lowered my rating.

I'm sorry to say but this was not a win for me. I could easily say that it's not the book it's me and to some extent that's true. I call myself a reviewer and I take it pretty seriously. I don't just take on ARC's willy nilly, I study the synopsis, check out the author's other works and see if they seem compatible with my style. I
Pearl Angeli
description

"Certain loves can't be fought. The harder you tried, the harder you would be knocked back, over and over again, until it beat you into submission, until your heart caved and body surrendered."

4.5 Stars!

My love for Alessandra Torre and her way of captivating me with her terrific writing grows with every single one of her books. Moonshot was beautiful and unforgettable. I freaking loved it!

Tyler Rollins was seventeen years old when she fell in love with baseballer Chase Stern, 5 years her sen
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
5 Stars

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

Intense, angsty, suspenseful, and passionate, Moonshot was just the book I needed after a whole month of feeling uninspired by the books that I have been reading. It pulled me right into the story, and I felt completely engrossed by the beautifully written words on every page. There was a suspenseful element to this story, but it wasn't the main focus. For me, it was just a great, second chance romance.

Tyler Rollins has been a part of the New York Yankees f
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE AMAZON http://amzn.to/29gATrn

4,5-5 STARS

Loved this one so much, it was addictive and intense!Moonshot is an incredible mix of suspense,angst,passion,sexual tension and heavy romance.All these and the amazing,captivating writing of Alessandra and you have the perfect book!!

description

Chase is a bad boy and a famous baseball player.Ty knew everything about basseball since she was a kid!Her dad is a legend and now she works with him being a ball girl.After a messy ending with Dodgers Chase will join
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“Life is a series of stupid decisions interrupted by luck.”

Tyler Rollins lived most of her life working as a bat girl for the Yankees, the team her father played for. At seventeen years old she's close to graduating high school from home school and has secured a job with the Yankees after. Chase Stern also enters her life, a new player for the team. Knowing his reputation, Tyler's father asks her to stay away from him. But Ty and Chase have a connection from the very beginning, a g
warhawke
Jul 05, 2016 warhawke rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who want more than a regular sports romance
Genre: Sports Romance/Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: Shifting
Rating:

Chase Stern was the bad boy of baseball. He partied as hard as he played, until his wayward way ultimately brought him to his dream team.

Tyler (Ty) Rollins had baseball in her blood. As the daughter of a Yankees player, she grew up in the dugout and had a family among the team. That was until Chase entered the picture and changed the dynamics irrevocably.

Unless it's auto/motor racing, I do not know much about sports. Therefore, I
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5+++ Spikes First Stars

photo image_zpswwnm4zc9.jpeg

This book, this story HAS IT ALL.......it is a sweet, romantic, sexy, suspenseful, baseball thriller. It has highs and lows, love and loss, and a storyline that has you theorizing and theorizing and theorizing!!! It's a book you simply can't put down. Chase Sterns and Tyler "Ty" Rollins are names you won't forget. I will say the Chase Stern will melt your heart and own it. Ty Rollins is sassy and young and she is a Yankee thru and thru. But these two have a connection and
S.M. West
Jul 04, 2016 S.M. West rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexy-athlete, arc
4.5 Spikes First STARS

I’m a big AR Torre fan and when I first heard about this book, I couldn’t wait. I didn’t read the blurb, truthfully, it was Alessandra and baseball – duh! I didn’t need to know anymore.

I’m glad I went in blind. I was taken by surprised in the beginning. My silly preconceived notions of things had me doing a double take and then smiling as we’re introduced to the heroine of this tale, Ty Rollins. I won't say anymore than Ty was a great heroine even when she was messing up.
Megan
****4 Stars****

description

“Baseball isn’t supposed to be a game of life and death…”

“Moonshot” by Alessandra Torre was such a highly anticipated book for me. I had heard about it for such a long time that I could not wait to read it. I found it to be quite enjoyable. I do love Alessandra Torres’ imagination and storytelling. She has always had a way of making stories enthralling, yet so unique and “Moonshot” for me was no exception. It was such a riveting love story and suspenseful murder mystery set on t
FMABookReviews
Jul 09, 2016 FMABookReviews rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, arc, ar-torre
2.5 Stars

That moment when EVERYONE loves a book, but you!

I've read seven books from this author, all have been 5-star reads for me. So it comes as a shock and sadness that the eighth book, 'Moonshot', did not strike hot, too.

From the start, I felt a disconnect with the characters and the plot.

I didn't understand the instant love between Chance and Ty. I knew Ty had a crush on him for years, so on her end, it made sense. But for him, his intense bond seemed out of left field.

I can't say I ever fe
Amanda
Jul 21, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it
3.5 'my heart is broken' stars

Moonshot is such an angst ridden and painful read for me. So painful that it translate to 'What the hell am I doing this to myself?'.

description

Ty Rollins, 17, grew up with the Yankees with her father, she is the ball girl, the girl who live and breath baseball. When the the infamous Chase Stern joined the Yankees, she is more than elated and excited, she is over the moon, to finally have the superstar player that she admire in their own team.

Chase Stern, 22, is the baseball h
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Moonshot is a sexy, forbidden friends-to-lovers/second chance sports romance with an edge-of-your-seat suspenseful element. Go ahead and read that again... I'll wait. Yes, it is all of those things, but it's woven together seamlessly and deliciously by Alessandra Torre's stunning writing style. This story is intense and complex and unpredictable and so unbelievably addictive, but it's fluid and superbly executed in all of its layered perfection.

Ty Rollins might be considered the girl next door
Dee Montoya
FIVE STARS*****

(ARC kindly provided by the author)

A total hit, delivered by the pen of the very talented Alessandra Torre. Her words so bright, they blinded me, as if I was front and center at Yankee Stadium.

photo 591541DC-7A28-4F8E-A825-907F05B4EF35_zpsvaeboy5j.jpg

Ty Rollins grew up on a baseball field, always watching behind the dugout, living and breathing for the game. Her passion for the sport, became a trademark to her character and personality. She knew the ins and outs of baseball. When she was seventeen and working as a ball girl for her dad
Loyda
Aug 10, 2016 Loyda rated it really liked it
4.5 Chase Stars

Genre: Sports Romance/Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: Shifting

"I love you, I want you. Every day for the rest of my life."

description

Tyler (Ty) Rollins; after her mother's death at a very young age was forced to travel with her father's baseball team. She hated it at first but soon she discovered that she loved it and she believed baseball was her family and life. Her relationship with her father was incredible; she was the team's baler and she loved everything about it.

Chase Stern; was the b
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Jul 08, 2016 Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2016

Rating: 3.5 Stars

My Views: I both hated and loved Moonshot. I hated it because it disappointed me on several occasion and wanted to dnf a few times and loved it because it shocked me and I didn’t see the ending coming.

This may not be one of my favorite by Alessandra but it was entertaining to a certain extent. I must admit that the first 50% of the book was very entertaining and I was gripped but after that things went downhill.

As for the characters, I loved them. I loved the humor, the steam
Eliza
Jul 04, 2016 Eliza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 STARS

Being the daughter of a living baseball legend, seventeen year old Tyler “Ty” Rollins lives and breathes baseball. With her mind permanently in the game, it takes the whirlwind of the teams new signing to claim her attention. The attraction goes beyond the physical, and although Chase Stern comes with his own warning label, she can’t seem to stay away.

As the bad boy of baseball, Chase is completely at odds with the teams clean cut image. It would serve him well to keep his head down aft
CC

description

Tyler “Ty” Rollins was a girl who lived and breathed baseball. Being the daughter of a closing pitcher, she traveled with the team as a bat-girl and it felt like a big family. At 17 years old, Ty’s life changed when she learned of the newest team member who would be wearing the famous pinstripes. It just so happened that the new shortstop was someone whose stats Ty knew by heart.

“I just stared. It was darker than his legs, thicker than I had imagined that organ would be, and it swung
MELISSA
Jul 04, 2016 MELISSA rated it really liked it
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Patty)

For me, everything about our life, from the long hours, to the hell of a schedule, to the sweat and smells of the locker room...it was all magic. I couldn't imagine ever walking away from it.

photo EE99941F-B59C-4ECB-A222-BB771202787F_zpscmhvw3tm.jpg

Tyler Rollins is a girl from Pittsburgh. When she was seven her mom passed away & she went to be with her dad. Her dad is Frank Rollins, a baseball legend. She joins him on the road & begins travelling with the team. The team became her family &
  • Stealing Home
  • The Hard Count
  • Royally Screwed (Royally, #1)
  • Blood to Dust
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Steadfast (True North, #2)
  • Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1)
  • Bright Midnight
  • Bossman
  • Hitched: Volume One (Imperfect Love, #1)
  • Out of Bounds (The Summer Games, #2)
  • Furious Rush
  • Some Kind of Perfect (Calloway Sisters, #4.5; Addicted, #3.5)
  • Sugar Rush (Sugar Bowl, #2)
  • The Goal (Off-Campus, #4)
  • Twist (Dive Bar, #2)
  • Pennies (Dollar, #1)
  • The Bourbon Thief
I’m a traditionally published and indie author. With a focus on contemporary erotic romances and erotic suspense I write under the pen name Alessandra Torre (erotic romance) and A.R. Torre (erotic suspense).

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE!

VISIT ME ON FACEBOOK!

CHECK
More about Alessandra Torre...

“Life is a series of stupid decisions interrupted by luck.” 9 likes
“He couldn’t. Never again, not with anyone else. Nothing would ever, after that moment, compare. Not with her cry, not with her reaction, not with her kiss. A woman shouldn’t be created in such heartbreakingly beautiful combinations. A woman shouldn’t, in fifteen minutes, have the ability to ruin him for life.” 9 likes