Start by marking “The Stocking was Hung (The Holidays, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Stocking was Hung (The Holidays, #1)

The Stocking was Hung

(The Holidays #1)

What happens when your life goes to crap the week of Christmas? You invite a hot Marine you met in an airport bar to come home with you for the holidays, to distract your crazy family from the truth.

With a handsy aunt, a meddling mother and a father concerned for the wellbeing of his daughter's eggnog, there's no chance Sam and Noel will have time to fall in love...or wil
Published November 30th 2015 (first published November 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Stocking was Hung, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stocking was Hung

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Carol [Goodreads Addict] by: Nichole
The Stocking Was Hung is my very first book by Tara Sivec. If you read just one Christmas book this season, it should be this one. The official synopsis is pretty perfect so I will add a few details that will hopefully convince you to give this one a try. And, if you are reading the Goodreads version of this review with the pictures, just know that every single picture has significance that you won’t really get unless you read it. So, now you will have to read it!

photo Christmas-Garland_zps6485250f.png

Noel has had a pretty crappy co
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆

I really liked it! I highly recommend it to anyone who likes short, light, sexy and hilarious holiday romance novels!
Pam
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 just because stars

Noel Holiday would rather be on her way to FuckMeAgainstTheWallville, instead of being stuck in Guilt Town, population: my mother. It's every daughter's dream to be coming home unemployed, homeless and man-less. Her Christmas miracle comes in the form of Sam Stocking, a man who was enchanted enough to consider spending the holidays with the Holiday's rather than his empty home. It's a perfect plan until the line gets blurred between acting and reality... How her family manage
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

Holy mother of God this book was a R-I-O-T!! I came very close to having to set my iPad down so I could roll around the floor in laughter, this is seriously some funny shit!!

description
“Bobbie, for the love of Gouda, let go of the poor man’s penis. How many times do I have to tell you that’s not the way we greet our guests?”
description

It was also cute, and sweet, and hot, and festive! I loved it..

Catarina
4 “Holiday-Stocking Christmas” Stars.

Sam Stocking and Noel Holiday (yes, those are their real names) meet each other at an airport before Christmas. Noel just lost her job, ended her relationship and now she’s fearing facing her parents that think she will never be happy until settle down and she doesn’t want to face them. Sam is a marine and just returned from a 18 months deployment in Afghanistan. For some reason he ends up agreeing being her pretend boyfriend and go with her spend Christmas
Mysza
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was short, crazy, sweet, sexy and with christmas-y feeling reading. With some steamy moments as a bonus and over the top hilarious family. Fast and easy, pretty good for holiday romance.
Jen
4.5 Red Ryder Stars

And you thought meeting your pretend significant other's family was a little awkward? Tara Sivec brought her trademarked funny to this, as well as a scosh of the sweet. I'll never watch A Christmas Story the same way again. What did I love?

Handsy aunts that are also uncle's.

Potential candy cane sexy times.

Pot Mistletoe. Trust me, it's g
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
OMG OMG

This book was AMAZING!!

The characters are a hoot ----- Holy Shit...I laughed my freaking ass off throughout the whole story!!

Tara Sivec does it again with her humor and I will NEVER be able to listen to Dominic The Donkey again without chuckling.

If there is a Holiday book you want to read...this is DEFINITELY the book to read. It has everything - from a cross dresser ancle, urinary problems, dairy hangups to a Red Ryder BB Gun!!

Definitely the BEST Xmas story I have EVER read!
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.25 Stars
Basic Info

Standalone or Part of a Series: (view spoiler)
MF, Ménage, etc.:(view spoiler)
POV:(view spoiler)
Triggers: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex with OW/OM: (view spoiler)
HEA:(view spoiler)
Safety Gang Notes:(view spoiler)
Carol
Nope..........Not. For. Me.
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Christmas, Romance
4 A Stocking Hung With All the Goods Stars
* * * *

This Novella has been making the rounds so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and see what was what. I am here to report back my experience.

I had a blast tucking into a Christmas tale of a pretend boyfriend to spare our gal the stress of parents and sibling bagging on her during her visit. Our gal is 34, just broke up with a man who never listened to her when she said she never wanted to marry. She had made the mistake of moving in with him after
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
If you’ve read my reviews, you know I’m a little stingy with my 5 stars. I don’t hand out 5 star reviews like Tic Tacs, so I’m still trying to justify giving 5 stars to this fluffy 131-page Rom Com. All I know is that in the midst of hectic Christmas preparations, I thoroughly enjoyed Tara Sivec’s well written, whimsical holiday love story from beginning to end.

I loved Sam and Noel’s whirlwind romance cloaked in their boyfriend-girlfriend façade. You know that InstaLove that we readers find so i
Cyndi
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was short and hilarious! I loved Noel and Sam together- it was sweet how they fell for each other. Noel's family was crazy and funny! Sam was such a hottie and I loved that he didn't fight his feelings for Noel. There was drama at the end with Noel's ex fiancé and I thought she was a little over the top with how she handled him. The story wrapped up nicely!
Yodamom
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think I spit sprayed my coffee, snorted, and laughed myself to tears more that I ever have in a Christmas themed read before. This little gem just snuck up on me. I wasn't expecting what was between the covers, and I loved it. Wacky crazy family drama to the extreme, wild family members, Christmas on steroids and the dairy product ban and more. It was insane but believable.
I'm not going to bother recapping the story, it's a sweet fun romance.
This was my first read from this author but not my l
FMABookReviews
Sex meet the Griswolds.
This is a hilarious tale of a girl who brings home a man she just met who pretends to be her boyfriend to appease her family --- the book version of the Griswolds. The entire time I was reading I kept envisioning 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' Same cheesy, slap-stick humor. I could see this going to the big screen where I bet it would be a hit.
3.5 Stars
Daniella
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A hero named Sam Stocking. A heroine named Noel Holiday. Marijuana mistletoes. Penis stockings. A nutty family that would make the Griffins from Family Guy look tame. And these:
(Noel's POV) “Can you please tell your mother to let go of my dick?” Sam begs in a high-pitched voice.

***

(Sam's POV) My mouth is still attached to Noel’s nipple and my hand is still down her pants and I have no fucking idea what just happened, but my dick is about ready to stab someone.

***

(Noel's POV) Sweet Jesus, Mary,
Kim Bailey
3.5 Crazy Christmas Stars

True to form, Tara Sivec delivers an action packed, over-the-top, laugh-out-loud, completely crazy Christmas tale. This book is a fun and easy read. The fake boyfriend trope isn't normally one that I enjoy ... but this one was so ridiculous in its antics ... I walked away with a huge smile on my face.

If you've seen & enjoyed the movie A Christmas Story, you'll definitely like this book. Perfect to get you in the holiday spirit.
Barbara➰
***3.5 Stars

This book was hilarious! I read it while at work...yeah probably shouldn't have. I laughed hard several times. It was very low angst and sweet. I probably would have given it 5 stars but there was one thing that bugged me and did bring down my enjoyment just a bit. (view spoiler)
Mandy
This was the best holiday story! I absolutely love this! Sweet, sexy and completely hilarious – this was perfect! I love this one so much I'm adding it to my best of 2015 list!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

I LOVED IT!!!!
Such an adorable and #LOL FUNNY Holiday Romance!!
Couldn't put it down!

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Paige
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This quick Christmas novel written in Tara Sivec's classic comedic style was pure holiday brilliance. I'm usually not a huge holiday book reader, but I'm super glad I picked up one up. I love Tara's stories and this was no different. I laughed from the very first page and didn't stop until the very end. Add in the very sweet and sexy times between Sam and Noel, and this book was the whole package.
Jen
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Holiday-Stocking Stars

I haven't read a single book by Tara Sivec that I haven't liked yet. This was an awesome Christmas tale that I would highly recommend for everyone to read. It's funny, sweet and romantic with a bit of crazy family antics added in that anyone can enjoy.

Noel Holiday is in a bit of a pickle. She's just lost her job and ran out on her boyfriend who just proposed to her, also losing a place to live. Now she's jobless, homeless and on her way home for Christmas where her pare
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero: 9/10
Humour: 8/10
Hotness: 7/10
Romance: 8/10
Extra book Details: Heroine & Hero POV; 1st person. Stand alone. Novella approx 140 kindle pages.

The Stocking was Hung is a funny, sexy & festive little read. Recommend for everyone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sivec's humour was at it's best here, a lot less OTT than the Chocolate Lovers series, and a lot more sexy than it too.
TeriLyn
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it

4 "Just because." Stars

Tara Sivec never disappoints. The Stocking was Hung is a contemporary Christmas romance told from both the points of view of the hero and heroine. It's fast-paced, very sweet, and of course Sivec's signature brand of crazy-family hilarity. I sat down with this book early in the afternoon and finished just couple hours later as I was completely wrapped up in the story. If you like Sivec's stories and her writing, which is as always exquisitely done, you'll enjoy this funny,
Orange.Is.Happiness
Cute little quick read. I wanted some laugh out loud funny but for the most part got genuine smiles and quiet chuckles. At times it felt like the author was trying a little too hard with the funny, but overall it wasn't so bad.

I found myself getting annoyed sometimes with Noel's family. Yeah, at one point Sam kind of shut them up by letting them know what a wonderful person she thought he was but I still felt annoyance about things like her room.

Her childhood bedroom's decor was meant to furth
Elizabeth ☆❀Hot for Alphas❀☆
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christmas Time Read
4 Santa's Workshop Stars

Must have watched A Christmas Story & listened to Dominic the Donkey before you read this. Won't get a lot of the jokes without them.
Deserie williams
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Contain Spoilers!

Omg this was just too funny. I was literally laughing almost the whole book. Heroine's family was just hilarious. Craziest, funniest family ever! Sam Stocking was just so damn yummy:) Noel was awesome but I didn't like the fact she had a ex who she just left 3 days before ,who she was living with and together for a year. She never loved him though. I really enjoyed this sweet, funny,light, sexy read! I didn't want it to end:/I wanted so much more. More of her crazy family and m
Danielle
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FIVE 'FOR CHEDDAR'S SAKE' STARS!

To say that I haven't gotten caught up in the spirit of the season yet is putting it mildly. Today, well today was a complete and utter sh*t show of epic proportions. I'm talking an unintentional police chase (I was jamming out to You Dropped A Bomb On Me by The Gap Band and didn't hear the siren!) followed by a stern lecture from a not at all hot cop including a snide comment about me essentially being too old for such loud music (hello, does anyone remember the
Elle's Book Blog
Another GREAT Tara Sivec book that will leave you laughing for hours EVEN after you have finished the book! This is also a very short read so it's straight, to the point, and very effective for what she was trying to do. Overall, I really enjoyed it. It's a perfect holiday novella with the right amount of humor and romance!
  • A Pucked Holiday Outtake (Pucked, #1.1)
  • Nightmare in Night Court (Lawyers in Love, #4.1)
  • A Kiss for Christmas
  • It's a Wonderful Tangled Christmas Carol (Tangled, #4.5)
  • The Randy Romance Novelist
  • The Infamous Ellen James (Infamous, #1)
  • Boy Toy Chronicles (Boy Toy Chronicles, #1)
  • Jingle Ball (More the Merrier, #1)
  • Framed
  • Late Night with Andres
  • Gift Wrapped
  • Dec the Holls
  • Sweet Inspiration (Klaus Brothers, #1)
  • Hardass (Bad Bitch, #2)
  • The Perfect Stroke (Lucas Brothers, #1)
  • Into the Blue (Wild Aces, #2)
  • Closer to the Edge (Playing with Fire, #4)
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of

The Holidays (6 books)
  • Cupid Has a Heart-On (The Holidays, #2)
  • The Firework Exploded (The Holidays, #3)
  • The Bunny is Coming (The Holidays, #4)
  • The Pumpkin Was Stuffed (The Holidays, #5)
  • The Holidays Series
“I want to know what it feels like to love someone so much that you would do anything for them, even at the risk of your own broken heart.” 11 likes
“Mom, do you have pot hanging from the ceiling?” 3 likes