Start by marking “Securing Aisling (The Kingdoms of Kearnley, #1)” as Want to Read:
Securing Aisling (The Kingdoms of Kearnley, #1)

Read Book

Securing Aisling

(The Kingdoms of Kearnley #1)

A queen in need of a husband and a prince who had never been truly loved—will they overcome opposition to find happiness?

Brianna Reaner, Queen of Aisling, has never been on a date, been in love, had a boyfriend, or has even had a crush on a boy before. According to the laws of her country, she must marry by her eighteenth birthday or risk losing the right to rule her king
Published December 1st 2015 by Dreamer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Securing Aisling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Securing Aisling

Start your review of Securing Aisling (The Kingdoms of Kearnley, #1)
Angie Thompson
Aug 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-finished
DNF

This is tough because the book was on its way to being at least a three-star read, with several little pieces I loved that would probably have pushed it even higher, but after one specific scene, I just couldn't finish it.

First, the good: I liked how Brianna was portrayed as strong and capable without coming across as unwomanly or, for example, able to engage a man in a long swordfight without his strength eventually telling against her. More heroines who are both strong and feminine are desp
Joleen
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
17 year old Brianna, now queen of Aisling following the death of the King, by law has to find a husband. The choices are few. The nearest kingdom is 6 days away by horse, so to find a possible husband she would have to ride there to give King Coman's sons a chance. His eldest was already picked out for her, but she didn't respect him. He only wanted to do his father's will. She ended up marrying the middle son.

The book was good, but a bit confusing. There was no date offered, but language sounde
Jaycee Weaver
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really cool clean, steampunk romantic fantasy trilogy. Yes, a lot of adjectives in there, but readers have to go into the series knowing what they’re getting. These are not historical novels. They are steampunk, which blends the modern with the old and twists both into something out of time entirely. They’re fun and quirky with fantastic characters. I loved all three and devoured them back to back in under a week! Strong characters who face extraordinary trials and learn the depth of t ...more
Bhriv
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Securing Aisling is written by Andrea Boyd. This is the first book I’ve read by this author. I found that she has a great talent for telling the historical story of this fictional time and place and yet making it so believable.

I just loved the character Brianna. Brianna is the young queen of Aisling which she inherited at the tender age of sixteen. She has known since before inheriting the throne that she had to marry by the time she turned eighteen or she could risk losing the throne to almost
Loretta
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great book. I read it in nearly a single setting being eager to return when I was forced to take a break. I really appreciated several non-stereotypical relationships and the surprise twists in the plot.

I think this is a strong beginning and am looking forward to reading the remainder of the series. I have a feeling that it will be hard to let these characters go when I finish the series.
Brie Donning
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, but the use of modern terms in a fairly medieval setting put me off just a little. I wasn't sure where I was.

Apart from that it's a really fun story with great characters and themes.
Amy Blake
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
With a good edit, this book would've been great. ...more
Mary Kleefeld Frohrip
I’ve enjoyed this series. This is the first book, then “Healing Gilvary” then “Restoring Dermot”
Chandra
SENSUALITY RATING: Clean, nothing offensive, no profanity.

GENRE: Inspirational Historical Romance

SETTING: Country of Kearnley

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: Queen BRIANNA LEIGH REANER of the Kingdom of Aisling; an archer, indecisive but intelligent.

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: King Coman (greedy) of the kingdom of Gilvary and his sons, Prince Dunbar (father pleaser), Prince Garrett (opposes his father), Prince Reagan (skirt chaser), Prince Terence (child-like mind), Prince Rian (spoiled brat).

SYNOPSIS: Th
Kristine Morgan
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Securing Aisling, a fairytale for grown ups. Andrea Boyd's Securing Aisling brings all of the elements of a fairytale to a more mature audience. There are Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses. Advisors, loyal servants and faithful warriors also come to life. In true fairytale fashion, there are also traitors, dungeons and perhaps a dragon or two. The storyline is full of intrigue and treachery, with a healthy dose of romance.
The characters are well developed and the plot, although a bit predi
Toni Shiloh
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Queen Brianna may be one of my favorite strong female characters yet. And Garrett...I adored his personality and his heart for Brianna. This was an excellent read set in an inspiring background with castles, warriors, and the like. And Brianna's nemesis is one everyone will love to hate.
Don't miss out!
C.M.
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Young Queen Brianna has a mighty short two months to marry or risk losing the throne of Aisling. To make matters worse, she has only three real marriage prospects – the three eldest sons of the cruel ruler of the neighboring kingdom – Gilvary, who desperately wants to get his hands on her kingdom. Brianna has met all three before and wasn’t particularly impressed.

However, Brianna promises to put aside all preconceived notions and memories of three brothers and give them all a fair chance – altho
Abigail Ford
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A Light Read

This was a good book. I liked the characters and storyline well enough, however it seemed similar to other stories I have previously read. The writing style I found a little bland. I also didn't care for the reoccurring theme about them "consummating their love" it just didn't...make sense with the Christian theme of the book, which honestly I would've liked more of. I wish these type books were not so cliche. I never got bored or became uninterested in the book, which was a good thi
Kathy
Jan 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Dungeons and Dragons, an unlikely pair

Queen Brianna of Aisling must marry before her 18th Birthday. Her only options available are the sons of her enemy, King Coman of Gilvary or outside the realm. Neither seem to be desirable choices. Dunbar, Coman's eldest son is dull and probably his father's puppet.  Prince Garrett is withdrawn and quiet whereas Prince Reagan is a lady's man. God only knows what she should do.
R.j.
Jun 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Definitely don’t judge the cover!

I’ll be honest. I wasn’t expecting much from this book. The cover is a bit on the cheesy side. But the book is pretty good! Some modern phrases in a historical feeling story, but enough fantasy to make me not mind it too much. Definitely an interesting idea! I have to read the rest of the series now.
Kim Stringfellow Long
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good

I love the sweet romance of this book and the subtle love of God. In obvious the characters are Christian but it's so real and genuine. Great characters and a good story. I can't wait to read the next in the series!
Tim Lumsden
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok, not earth shattering. Pleasant reading.

I read it, it was an easy, entertaining story. Not really my kind of story, but enjoyable enough to read to completion. Happy Reading!!!
Tim
Lynda Knapp
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this!

I read book 2 in this series before this one. I enjoyed that the "back story" was made clear. The characters were well-written and the story was great. I definitely recommend this book and I will read more by this author.
Sonia
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down!

I completely enjoyed this book. It grabbed my attention right at the start and held it all the way through.
I look forward to reading more from this author. I will definitely recommend this book.
Terry Silva
Aug 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing

This book was so exciting that I couldn’t put it down. I loved the romance along with the battle scenes. This book was definitely a page turner and the characters were amazing. There were some unbelievable moments that I didn’t see coming that were just awesome. Just when I think Andrea couldn’t possibly top the last book, she does it again. I can’t say which book is my favorite because they are all on the top of my list. I sure hope the next two books have the same characters because I am not r
Lauren Potts
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ah youth!

Coming of age under great preaaure and finding ones footing in unwanted roles....great page turner and good character development. Looking forward to book #2
Glen Warren
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well done story with chacters with depth.

Picked this one on a whim and soon couldn't put it down. Thankful it is a complete story, I would recommend it to all.
Lisa
I really enjoyed this story. It was clean and entertaining, and had enough romance to keep me satisfied. :) I’m looking forward to books two and three.
Diana
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Easy Read

Going back to the days of dragons, kings, and queens of old was fun. A sinister plot and good characters makes it a quick easy read.
Patty Redman
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
captivating

This book is full of plots it was fun to read. I enjoyed the pace. It is a quick read
D
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This one of the best fantasies/mysteries have read this year. As I was reading I thinking that this should be a movie and I enjoyed how the characters are living out their faith in their everyday lives. You can tell that the relationship they have with the Lord is a part of who they are, it's so normal for them to bring God into a conversation without it being awkward. I don't like the word preachy, because too me nothing is too preachy; but I will say, this is not preachy, but shows people's st ...more
Rebecca
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The young queen of Aisling must be married by the age of eighteen or lose her standing, and Brianna Reaner resorts to a very short list of suitors, none of which appear to be very promising. The three young princes of the neighboring Gilvary are all sons of the sinister King Coman Barnali, who has made it public knowledge for years that he wants one of his sons to eventually rule over Aisling, preferably his oldest son, Dunbar.

Brianna travels to Gilvary for a seasonal Session among fellow royalt
Angela
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
I really gave this book a shot but at 70% I didn't care about the characters enough to keep going. There was a real lack of depth to the characters and the setting. If you are going to create a new land you need to spend some time explaining what it's like. I couldn't figure what time period it was set in, is this medieval or Regency? Also the lack of period dialog made it difficult to get into the story. Using words like sure and thanks didn't fit. This might be nitpicky but for me it took away ...more
Zelma
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book and one that I am excited to read the 2nd. It starts with Brianna a young queen who at the age 16 received her kingdom. Now she has to marry at 18 or she would lose it all. BUT the choices given to her are not ideal. With men that are too old or sons of a king who is quite wretched, She wants a true and everlasting love and she doesn't want to just marry for the sake of keeping her kingdom so that is where the dilemma begins. Would one of these suitors be the one she truly ...more
Winnie
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an imaginative and fun read. The setting was interesting and vivid. Brianna, the queen, was amazingly brave and gutsy and the other characters were well-crafted. The story flowed well and captured my interest quickly. This is part of a series, but the book is also a stand-alone book. It's a clean book with no bad language or steamy scenes and is classified as Christian fiction but is not preachy. The author, Andrea Boyd, has a wonderful start to the series, and I'm looking forward to re ...more
Brianna's choices 1 3 Dec 05, 2015 01:59AM

• Brain Damage
  • Henry and Evaline (Love Under Construction #0.5)
  • Hidden Currents (Lantern Beach Mysteries #1)
  • Spies & Sweethearts (Sisters in Service #1)
  • Pecan Pie for Breakfast: An Azalea Lake Sweet Romance Book 1
  • The Clause in Christmas (Poppy Creek #1)
  • The Case of the Amish Vandal (Pinecraft Mysteries #1)
  • Colonize
  • FIRE (Spiritual Warfare #3)
  • Sniffing Out a Suspect (Simpleton Ohio Mysteries 1)
  • The Girl Who Sees (Sasha Urban, #1)
  • Winifred Jolene - More Than My Name
  • All for Anna (Letting Go #1)
  • A Holiday by Gaslight
  • Caszandra (Touchstone, #3)
  • Sleeping Dogs (Chronicles of Miller's Crossing #1)
  • Unforgettable Cowboy (Cowboys of Dew Drop, Texas #1)
  • Peril at the Party (Missteps of Murder #1)
I wrote a short story for newsletter subscribers called John’s Fortune. Be sure to grab your free copy! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/68umkcxpkc ...more

The Kingdoms of Kearnley (3 books)
  • Healing Gilvary (The Kingdoms of Kearnley #2)
  • Restoring Dermot (The Kingdoms of Kearnley Book 3)