Start by marking “Securing Aisling (The Kingdoms of Kearnley, #1)” as Want to Read:
Securing Aisling (The Kingdoms of Kearnley, #1)

Read Book

Securing Aisling

(The Kingdoms of Kearnley #1)

A queen in need of a husband and a prince who had never been truly loved—will they overcome opposition to find happiness?

Brianna Reaner, Queen of Aisling, has never been on a date, been in love, had a boyfriend, or has even had a crush on a boy before. According to the laws of her country, she must marry by her eighteenth birthday or risk losing the right to rule her king
Published December 1st 2015 by Dreamer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Securing Aisling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Securing Aisling

Start your review of Securing Aisling (The Kingdoms of Kearnley, #1)
Joleen
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
17 year old Brianna, now queen of Aisling following the death of the King, by law has to find a husband. The choices are few. The nearest kingdom is 6 days away by horse, so to find a possible husband she would have to ride there to give King Coman's sons a chance. His eldest was already picked out for her, but she didn't respect him. He only wanted to do his father's will. She ended up marrying the middle son.

The book was good, but a bit confusing. There was no date offered, but lan
Jaycee Weaver
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really cool clean, steampunk romantic fantasy trilogy. Yes, a lot of adjectives in there, but readers have to go into the series knowing what they’re getting. These are not historical novels. They are steampunk, which blends the modern with the old and twists both into something out of time entirely. They’re fun and quirky with fantastic characters. I loved all three and devoured them back to back in under a week! Strong characters who face extraordinary trials and learn the depth of t ...more
Bhriv
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Securing Aisling is written by Andrea Boyd. This is the first book I’ve read by this author. I found that she has a great talent for telling the historical story of this fictional time and place and yet making it so believable.

I just loved the character Brianna. Brianna is the young queen of Aisling which she inherited at the tender age of sixteen. She has known since before inheriting the throne that she had to marry by the time she turned eighteen or she could risk losing the throne to
Loretta
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great book. I read it in nearly a single setting being eager to return when I was forced to take a break. I really appreciated several non-stereotypical relationships and the surprise twists in the plot.

I think this is a strong beginning and am looking forward to reading the remainder of the series. I have a feeling that it will be hard to let these characters go when I finish the series.
Kara
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book; the characters, the plot, the length (almost 400 pages!) and especially the ending! Brianna and Garrett are easy to love and everything they go through to ensure keeping Aisling safe only makes it easier to love. I even bought the rest of the series before even finishing this one, it just made perfect sense to me in how this story blessed me. My fave character was Eamon, the way he loved on and guided Brianna was wonderful.

Highly recommend this boo
Brie Donning
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, but the use of modern terms in a fairly medieval setting put me off just a little. I wasn't sure where I was.

Apart from that it's a really fun story with great characters and themes.
Amy Blake
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
With a good edit, this book would've been great.
Mary Kleefeld Frohrip
I’ve enjoyed this series. This is the first book, then “Healing Gilvary” then “Restoring Dermot”
Chandra
SENSUALITY RATING: Clean, nothing offensive, no profanity.

GENRE: Inspirational Historical Romance

SETTING: Country of Kearnley

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: Queen BRIANNA LEIGH REANER of the Kingdom of Aisling; an archer, indecisive but intelligent.

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: King Coman (greedy) of the kingdom of Gilvary and his sons, Prince Dunbar (father pleaser), Prince Garrett (opposes his father), Prince Reagan (skirt chaser), Prince Terence (child-like mind), Pri
Kristine Morgan
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Securing Aisling, a fairytale for grown ups. Andrea Boyd's Securing Aisling brings all of the elements of a fairytale to a more mature audience. There are Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses. Advisors, loyal servants and faithful warriors also come to life. In true fairytale fashion, there are also traitors, dungeons and perhaps a dragon or two. The storyline is full of intrigue and treachery, with a healthy dose of romance.
The characters are well developed and the plot, although a bit
Toni Shiloh
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Queen Brianna may be one of my favorite strong female characters yet. And Garrett...I adored his personality and his heart for Brianna. This was an excellent read set in an inspiring background with castles, warriors, and the like. And Brianna's nemesis is one everyone will love to hate.
Don't miss out!
C.M.
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Young Queen Brianna has a mighty short two months to marry or risk losing the throne of Aisling. To make matters worse, she has only three real marriage prospects – the three eldest sons of the cruel ruler of the neighboring kingdom – Gilvary, who desperately wants to get his hands on her kingdom. Brianna has met all three before and wasn’t particularly impressed.

However, Brianna promises to put aside all preconceived notions and memories of three brothers and give them all a fair ch
Abigail Ford
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A Light Read

This was a good book. I liked the characters and storyline well enough, however it seemed similar to other stories I have previously read. The writing style I found a little bland. I also didn't care for the reoccurring theme about them "consummating their love" it just didn't...make sense with the Christian theme of the book, which honestly I would've liked more of. I wish these type books were not so cliche. I never got bored or became uninterested in the book, which was a goo
Kim Stringfellow Long
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good

I love the sweet romance of this book and the subtle love of God. In obvious the characters are Christian but it's so real and genuine. Great characters and a good story. I can't wait to read the next in the series!
Lynda Knapp
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this!

I read book 2 in this series before this one. I enjoyed that the "back story" was made clear. The characters were well-written and the story was great. I definitely recommend this book and I will read more by this author.
Tim Lumsden
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok, not earth shattering. Pleasant reading.

I read it, it was an easy, entertaining story. Not really my kind of story, but enjoyable enough to read to completion. Happy Reading!!!
Tim
Lisa
I really enjoyed this story. It was clean and entertaining, and had enough romance to keep me satisfied. :) I’m looking forward to books two and three.
Glen Warren
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well done story with chacters with depth.

Picked this one on a whim and soon couldn't put it down. Thankful it is a complete story, I would recommend it to all.
Diana
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Easy Read

Going back to the days of dragons, kings, and queens of old was fun. A sinister plot and good characters makes it a quick easy read.
Lauren Potts
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ah youth!

Coming of age under great preaaure and finding ones footing in unwanted roles....great page turner and good character development. Looking forward to book #2
D
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This one of the best fantasies/mysteries have read this year. As I was reading I thinking that this should be a movie and I enjoyed how the characters are living out their faith in their everyday lives. You can tell that the relationship they have with the Lord is a part of who they are, it's so normal for them to bring God into a conversation without it being awkward. I don't like the word preachy, because too me nothing is too preachy; but I will say, this is not preachy, but shows people's st ...more
Rebecca
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The young queen of Aisling must be married by the age of eighteen or lose her standing, and Brianna Reaner resorts to a very short list of suitors, none of which appear to be very promising. The three young princes of the neighboring Gilvary are all sons of the sinister King Coman Barnali, who has made it public knowledge for years that he wants one of his sons to eventually rule over Aisling, preferably his oldest son, Dunbar.

Brianna travels to Gilvary for a seasonal Session among f
Angela
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
I really gave this book a shot but at 70% I didn't care about the characters enough to keep going. There was a real lack of depth to the characters and the setting. If you are going to create a new land you need to spend some time explaining what it's like. I couldn't figure what time period it was set in, is this medieval or Regency? Also the lack of period dialog made it difficult to get into the story. Using words like sure and thanks didn't fit. This might be nitpicky but for me it took away ...more
Zelma
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book and one that I am excited to read the 2nd. It starts with Brianna a young queen who at the age 16 received her kingdom. Now she has to marry at 18 or she would lose it all. BUT the choices given to her are not ideal. With men that are too old or sons of a king who is quite wretched, She wants a true and everlasting love and she doesn't want to just marry for the sake of keeping her kingdom so that is where the dilemma begins. Would one of these suitors be the one she truly ...more
Winnie
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an imaginative and fun read. The setting was interesting and vivid. Brianna, the queen, was amazingly brave and gutsy and the other characters were well-crafted. The story flowed well and captured my interest quickly. This is part of a series, but the book is also a stand-alone book. It's a clean book with no bad language or steamy scenes and is classified as Christian fiction but is not preachy. The author, Andrea Boyd, has a wonderful start to the series, and I'm looking forward to re ...more
Sue
This is Boyd's first published work and it's a winner. Filled with strong, well written characters in a well thought out setting this story has a little bit of everything - romance, mystery, suspense, adventure. Through it all is the knowledge that God is working in the characters, and their awareness of that fact.
Nancy
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put this one down. Hurry with the next book!

Andrea Boyd has created kingdoms and characters with great appeal, a story of romance and bravery, treacherous villains, love and faith. I recommend you add this series to your collection.

Carol
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoy this book! It was the first book I have read by Andrea Boyd, I liked the plot and the well developed characters. I also liked the time period it took place in. I will be reading the rest of the series and hope they come out soon.
Courtney
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book! I loved the characters. They were well developed and came alive in the story. The story itself is strong from the beginning and is hard to put down.
Catherine Green
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good romance

The book was a good read. I like that it's a Christian romance. The plot keeps one guessing to the end.
Brianna's choices 1 1 Dec 05, 2015 01:59AM

• The Crimson Cord: Rahab's Story (Daughters of the Promised Land, #1)
  • Gladly Beyond (Brothers Maledetti #1)
  • Down Jasper Lane (Amherst Island Trilogy, #1)
  • The Imposter (Legacy of Love #3)
  • The Apple of My Eye
  • Finding Eden
  • Silent Night Suspect
  • Winds of Danger (Lantern Beach Romantic Suspense #4)
  • Deadly Evidence (Mount Shasta Secrets #1)
  • Plan of Action (Lantern Beach PD #5)
  • Dead on Arrival (Lantern Beach P.D. #4)
  • First Degree Murder (Lantern Beach P.D. #3)
  • Attempt to Locate (Lantern Beach P.D. #2)
  • Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy 2)
  • Synapse
  • Always (The Lost Princesses, #0.5)
  • The Book Club
  • The Great Darkening (Epic of Haven Trilogy, #1)
Note: If you are a reviewer who would like a free eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it! If you have a website and would like to give away an eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it!
I am just getting started and I'm really flying by the seat of my pants here, so if you have any ideas of how I can promote my book, feel free to contact me. Any help is appreciated.

The Kingdoms of Kearnley (3 books)
  • Healing Gilvary (The Kingdoms of Kearnley #2)
  • Restoring Dermot (The Kingdoms of Kearnley Book 3)