Start by marking “Angakok” as Want to Read:

Angakok

San Francisco, 2005: A drunk driver takes the lives of two strangers: Dane and Victoria. They don't stay dead.

San Francisco, 2006: Dane barely remembers the night he died. He suffers from chronic insomnia, relieved by short bursts of fitful sleep filled with dreams of a mysterious red headed woman. Through her eyes, he watches as she murders random people, powerless to sto
Published by Booktrope Editions

To ask other readers questions about Angakok, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angakok

Cara Webb
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I will preface this review by saying that this book is of the LGBT genre. Dane has already had a heck of a time what with being in an accident and being clinically dead at the scene for a few minutes before he comes back into his body and life. Jake his partner is at a loss by the time we meet him in the book because Dane isn't himself anymore. He stays up all night and seems to be pushing Jake away. Mrs. Jeremy their neighbor is one hilarious old lady who takes no crap and makes sure the guys k ...more
Tracy Wilkin
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Angakok starts off with a lot happening, which is really hard to get your head around so soon into a book. The story revolves around Dane and Jake, with many more characters thrown into the mix.
Dane is involved in an horrific accident, and as a result sustained extensive injuries, and still, 1 year late, he is having nightmares, suffers from insomnia and is a mere shell of his former self.
Jake is Dane’s partner. He is aware of the toll the accident has taken on Dane, because he has been there wi
Tracy Antonelli Manderson
Angakok by David Alan Morrison

4 out of 4 stars
This is the first book that I have read by Mr. Morrison and I liked the story but I was really confused because the book starts off with a lot happening, which is really hard to get your head around so soon into a book but if you keep reading you will get the gist of the story. This story contains PTSD, murder, intrigue, mystery, intuition, paranormal, body snatchers and action.
A drunk driver takes the lives of two strangers: Dane and Victoria. They
Maura
Angakok – David Alan Morrison – 4 stars
This is not my normal genre to read so I was interested in getting right into it.
This book has it all; PTSD, murder, intrigue, mystery, intuition, paranormal, body snatchers and action. There are a lot of things to follow in the story and it can be a little confusing at times, but just keep reading and pay attention because you will catch on.
David Alan Morrison does a very good job with guiding us along this journey.
The story starts out with a motorcycle
Shannon
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
David Alan Morrison either has way too many characters running around in his head or he has no clue how to write a book. I’m going with too many characters in his head because the storyline is very interesting. Angakok is a story with many of those characters. A few of the characters will make you wonder why they are even in the story at all and I have to admit at times I was a little confused.
This story is about past lives and revenge and having an open mind about all things. So I kept my min
Donna Doria
Talk about traumatic events!!!!! Events that are wrapped in mystery and adventure! Characters that had special foresight for things and people around them! People being killed that will only be discovered by getting deep into this story! Activity that lands on the more paranormal side of things than would be considered typical in everyday life!

The author wrote a very detailed book in which a lot of things are going on in one story! The story started off with a character named Dane and the horri
Krystal gaston
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
David Alan Morrison has created a weird yet unique lgbt story with Angakok. I have honestly never read a book quite like Angakok, at first it was difficult for me to get into and all I kept thinking is what on earth is going on. The story was a bit hard for me to follow, I kept going though, I was not going to let this book go without a fight and I’m glad I kept going.
“ANGAKOK— an Inuit term for a shaman— usually of the “third sex” or homosexual, who holds the power to access the sacred mysteri
Cindy
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
By David Alan Morrison
☆☆☆☆
This novel is a standalone, although it has reference to Guild of immortal women. This book is a paranormal book that starts with a terrible accident.

Dane suffers from insomnia and nightmares of his accident. His dreams are filled with a red headed woman he never met. Dead for 4 minutes and has no memories of the time before the accident.

Jake is Dane's life partner. While their relationship has suffered since the accident. Jake wants to help rebuild the relation
Mom's Guilty Pleasure
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I will start off by saying that this is a really hard book for me to review. I'm not sure where to start. There is so much that happens in this book and so many details and different characters that they almost make things more confusing to follow. However, there is so much depth and variety in this book that it is sure to connect with just about any storyline you like to read. This book starts off with death, which ties into a lot of mystery, secrets, paranormal angle, commitment, love and even ...more
Melissa Schaub
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Angakok takes a little bit to get into because there is so much happening but after a few chapters it gets really good, so hang in there.
David Alan Morrison wrote Angakok almost like a documentary, which was an interesting way to read this book. It starts off with Dane being involved in an accident, which is taking him a while to get over. Jake is Dane’s partner and he is struggling with a way to help Dane move forward instead of being stuck in the past. When Dane realizes that he is having so “
Susan Lister
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the first book that I have read from David Morrison and it’s definitely different from what I have ever read. Come prepared to start this book and be thrown right into the action.

We first meet Dane who was in a terrible car accident and sustained many injuries that never really fully healed. Even though its been a year he still suffers from migraines and has issues sleeping. Jake is Danes partner. He has been with him since before the accident and has gone through the healing process wi
Emma
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novel was hard for me to get into because it left me confused as to what was going on during the book. Because there is a lot of different things happening in this novel, it does get confusing. While it was hard for me to follow along with the story, I rated this novel a 4 because it did have a wonderful plot and the characters were well developed and you could understand them. David Alan Morrison is a great writer with an extremely unique way of writing down this story. His choice in chara ...more
Kelli
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book Review Angakok
Author David Alan Morrison
Four Stars
David Alan Morrison is a really good author and his plot was well intentioned. Yet I was lost from the beginning. There are more characters in this book than truely need to be and it was very confusing and hard to keep track of. The flash back into past lives and the trying to figure out who was who in those past lives and why there were conflicts. It just got to be too much and it was a real struggle for me to get through.
There are several
Donna Parrott
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is about Dane and Jake, with quite a few background characters added in. I did give it 4 stars because Angakok does start off with a lot of stuff happening. It can get really hard to follow.
Dane was involved in a horrific accident that has left him a shell even after a year.
Jake, Dane’s partner, is very aware what the accident has taken because he has been there every step of the way.
Jake is Dane’s partner. Their lives have not been the same since. Dane has pretty much closed himsel
Kara
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
So while I loved the authors pretense of this story and the characters I have to be honest and say there were just so many weird and confusing parts in this book too.

Dane and Victoria die when they are hit by a drunk driver but they do not stay dead and what happened to Dane might destroy his relationship with Jake.

There were a lot of paranormal aspects in this book which I loved and on the edge of your seat moments where you hold your breath hoping for the best for these characters too. But t
United Indie Book Blog
Let's start with the cover art ......Absolutely brilliant , clever actually . When I started reading this Victoria has a memory and it's captured beautifully by the cover .

Dane and Victoria were in a car accident , both died but both never stayed dead......

Dane doesn't really remember much of that night but he struggles to sleep and when he does he's haunted by nightmares. He's not the same man as betrothed accident, he's become moody and snappy and is quick to get angry .....

Victoria on the oth
Moriah Venable
Angakok is a novel by David Alan Morrison. This is my first novel by this author.

In San Francisco, 2005, a drunk driver takes the lives of Victoria and Dane.

A year later, Dane doesn't remember anything of the accident. He suffers from chronic insomnia and when he does he sees through the eyes of a red headed woman who murders people but he can do nothing about it.

Victoria on the other hand, remembers everything. And she seeks to take revenge on her killers. Dane tries to stop her before she kil
Michelle Austin
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Angakok is a 4 star read.

This was definitely different than any other book that I have read. I was pleasantly surprised.

You will really need to pay attention as you read. You will meet several different characters and lots of details will be shared. Angakok has mystery, murder, paranormal, action and so much more.

Dane and Victoria were in serious accidents that will change their lives.
Dane has no memory of the accident and is having nightmares which are causing insomnia and issues with his par
Lyndsey Fairley
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Angakok by David Alan Morrison
3 Stars

Angakok by David Alan Morrison was a first read by this author for me. This book is not in my normal genres of reads but it was still interesting. This book deals with LGBT and also in the paranormal as well.
I will preface by saying I was very lost for some time as so much was happening between flashbacks, many extra characters and just all around balance of what was happening. It did pick up some the more you got into the story.
Dane and Victoria are involv
Furio
rated it did not like it
Jun 12, 2016
Azure Shumway
Dec 28, 2015
Twilightwatchers
May 07, 2016
David received his B.A. in Deafness, Theatre, and Cultural Diversity from Fairhaven College and his M.A. in Theatre Arts from the University of Kentucky.  His plays have been produced in Louisville, Seattle, Lexington and Houston.  He is currently an adjunct instructor of Drama at Skagit Valley Community College and works with local theatres as a director, actor and instructor.