Start by marking “Numbers Ignite (Numbers Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
Numbers Ignite (Numbers Game, #2)

Numbers Ignite

(Numbers Game #2)

Treena and Vance think they’ve escaped the numbers game forever. They’re wrong.

After Treena’s disastrous attempt to unite the nation, she has the deaths of hundreds haunting her dreams. Now, with hatred and accusations following her past the border, she’s determined to leave that horrible day behind and find a peaceful, uneventful life with Vance and the settlers. But wh
Published January 26th 2016 by Diamond Patch Press

To ask other readers questions about Numbers Ignite, please sign up.
Rebecca Rode Hi Heather! Great question. The release date for book three, Numbers Raging, will be announced very soon. Make sure you're a member of my VIP Club so …moreHi Heather! Great question. The release date for book three, Numbers Raging, will be announced very soon. Make sure you're a member of my VIP Club so you get the news first. (You also get Chan's Story and Ruby's Story for free!) Join here: http://smarturl.it/ClanVIP(less)

Start your review of Numbers Ignite (Numbers Game, #2)
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, favorites, r-r-s, dystopias
Thank you to the author, Rebecca Rode, and to Olivia (who organizes the review chain) for gifting me with a copy of Numbers Ignite in exchange for an honest review!

I read the first book in this series a little while ago and loved it so I was expecting great things out of the sequel.  Luckily, it didn't let me down!

1.  The characters.  I really enjoyed getting to know each of the characters, especially as we're introduced to more as Vance and Treena meet more people.  The alternating POV's betwee
Hollie
I was hesitant to continue on with book 2 because I wasn’t a big fan of the first read, but I wanted some sense of closure. Sadly, this book was also a disappointment and also ended on a cliffhanger. I wasn’t a fan of the story execution or the characters. It had a generic feel to it throughout. At least I can say I'm done with this series now, and I did give it a fair shot, it just wasn't for me.
Daniela Zekotic
I picked this up because I wanted to know how the story continues. But sadly I couldn't really get into it again. It was a quick read, but the storyline seems to be going to quick as well. Too much happening in a small amount of time.

Treena is still not my favourite character, Vance is ok. He makes the story a bit more exciting to me. The book brings us closer to the world outside of NORA and introduces us to two tribes who basically live in excile. It was interesting to read about those people
Terri
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We Don't Need No Stinking Number (Audiobook)
Since it had been seven months since I read book 1 of the Numbers Game Saga I re-listened to it prior to Numbers Ignite. I was glad I did as I picked up on several things I missed the first time and re-fell in love with the characters. I really enjoy books that have hidden nuggets that I pick up on subsequent reads.

Rebecca Rode does a fabulous job of hooking the listener/reader from the start with well-rounded main characters, a cast of well-placed and
Teya Teya
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay what the heck! I got just a little mixed up in the swithing but it was still a great read. Long, yet a fast read. Intense and sweet. THEN IT ENDS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay when is the next one!
Beth Martin
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After uncovering the seedy underbelly of a government that gives its citizens a rating which is literally blazened on their foreheads, Treena and Vance escape NORA. Numbers Game ended with Vance professing his love for Treena, and Treena realizing she felt the same about him too late. This novel begins with Treena crossing the desert to catch up with Vance, who has returned to be with his clan members. She gets bitten by a rattlesnake and is saved just in time by a stranger.

Treena recovers from
Caroline Greyling
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
Treena has left NORA in the hands of the boy she once loved and set out across the war ravaged desert in search of the man she wants to spend her life with. But NORA is hot on her heels and this time, they’re not taking any prisoners.

Vance gave up everything to see the girl he loves on the throne of NORA, including his freedom. Returned to his people, he must face the consequences of his actions for the past years. He’s prepared to pay the price for his deeds, but draws the line when he is wron
Julie
Numbers Ignite was a good middle book. But that is definitely what it is - a transitional middle book in a series. It has the job of bridging the chaos and setting up the plot for the big finale by agitating the problem, or creating a new one. And this book? It created a new one. Yes, NORA is trouble and Treena's escapades in the first book showed us we couldn't expect anything good from that government structure. But Numbers Ignite showed us what is going on outside of NORA's walls, and a lot i ...more
Annie
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series...and cant wait for the next one! Treena is betrayed by her people and her empress title is stolen from her by her boyfriend...saying that since she had been injured and was in a coma, it was the right decision....Well Treena says No Dice and escapes Nora, in search of Vance! While in the desert she is bitten by a snake and almost dies, but is rescued by another clan of people that have lived peacefully underground for a long while...well war is in the air..and they have to es ...more
Dee/ bookworm
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-2016

I love the cover, first off. Secondly, while this book has symptoms of second book syndrome. It is for the most part, immune. Treena and Vance are not with each other for 98% of the book, but always seem to be fighting for each other. I am very curious to see if Treena's dad will turn up again and I can't wait to see what will happen next!! Very exciting book, just like Nuimbers Game it kept me on my feet and was hard to put down until the end!!
Stephanie
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book overall, but it is definitely not as compelling as the first one. I believe the book suffers from what I call second in a series syndrome - the reader is coming off of the high from book 1, and this book serves as a background and setup for the series finale.

There are strong moments and I was never bored, but it just doesn't quite have the same spark as the first one. I still find myself sucked into the world and enjoying the characters. This book just felt a little m
Ruby McDemon
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I loved how you get to see Trina and Vance grow into the people that they should be without all the drama of NORA. Getting to see them shaping into the amazing people they are meant to be even with all the underhandedness going on around them and all the lies and games is really awesome. It's wonderful to see someone show that just because your situation is bad doesn't mean you have to sink down to everyone else's level. I can't believe how there is so much corruption at the top no matter which ...more
Claire
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved book one so this book had a lot of expectations to live up to, and it delivered!

This book has lots of action, intrigue and tension. Things are far from easy but they are thrilling to listen to. There are a lot of POV changes between Trina and Vance and I liked seeing what was happening with each of them but the different POV's didn't necessarily cover things happening at the same time, I got a little lost in the timeline. This book inspired me to both laugh and cry.

There's definite set-
Karie
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Second book in the trilogy, done. I was a bit surprised it ended so quickly. I actually started reading this on vacation and then set it aside for awhile, not realizing I only had 2 chapters left, LOL. Anyhow, it was a good book, a little slow at times. I am really glad that I have read it, even though I don't think it kept my attention as well as the first book. I am looking forward to reading the last in the series. I do enjoy the characters, some more than others. Ruby, Coltrane, and Ju Long ...more
(Liene)
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 stars. Only reason it's not 1 star is because there wasn't necessarily anything bad about it. There just wasn't... anything.. well, anything much at all. Not much happened, I feel like everything that went on in this book could have been told in 50 pages, a short novella instead of a whole book. Nothing bad stuck out at all though, it was just very forgettable. So forgettable, in fact, that I almost didn't even remember to add it to Goodreads, even though I read it just yesterday at the time o ...more
Michelle
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This series is yet another retelling of a dystopian society where people are categorized by some type of system. Similar to Matched, Divergent, The Giver, Hunger Games, etc. Kind of an overdone approach to dystopian. That said about the series, I am enjoying it enough to read the entire series. So for a review of the specific book:

I appreciated the international twist. Different, which was refreshing. I really liked Lucy. I did get tired of Trina always feeling bad that she "caused all these pro
Agnieszka
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
The second book in the Numbers trilogy. While Vance is about to face his people and accept the consequences of his earlier betrayal, Treena escapes NORA and sets off on a journey to find him. But fate has lots more surprises in store for them.

This is a thrilling continuation of the story. The author does a great job of gripping you from the very beginning and not letting go until the last page.
The story picks off nicely where it left off. Action-packed and captivating, it had me madly turning th
Bookish Addict
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
The second book isn't nearly as good as the first one. This is starting to get into more of a political conflict and war. Not just within NORA but also within different settlements. People are manipulating, as well as elimitating, one another for their own selfish reasons, mainly to keep their position. After the ending, I'm starting to see this overall story just go downhill. It's getting into international politics and I was hoping more of a unique dystopian that it initially started out with. ...more
Darryl
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 2 improves upon the story in book 1. The author wisely decided to separate Treena and Vance on their own adventures instead of just seeing both sides of the same situation as in book 1. The pacing rarely slows down, and new characters are given good backstories, depth and for the most part are nuanced and not just good/bad except for Mills. The focus has moved away from the ratings system, and is on NORA and its struggles with the outside settlers. My only issues are that there are too many ...more
David Rose
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sf, ya, series, dystopia
This was disappointing. The writing is juvenile, the plot is forced, the main characters feel artificial, with the possible exceptions of Vance and Coltrane. The combat / action scenes are clunky and unrealistic. The world offers an interesting concept but with no real effort at deeper development. The romance is good (except for the appalling Dresden) and there are some more believable relationships among and with some of the minor players (such as Ruby, and Edyn). The pace is mercifully quick.
Nereid
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read

I liked the way Treena and Vance have grown in this second book. Both characters are developing and becoming the best version of themselves despite having to survive the desert and it's hidden dangers. Betrayal is their constant companion but they will never give up fighting to save their people. Vance and Treena are victims of circumstances beyond their control and it will be interesting to see if they can find a way to be together and still save their people.
Tina Jeademann
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it

The overall story is good, but something is just off for me. I think it might be the main character Trina. Her stubbornness tends to get other people hurt, and she seems to learn the wrong lessons from her mistakes. Thankfully in this book, she was called out and did not get a chance to save everyone by giving up their location...
Maybe the author does this because she is young.. idk.
I really like Vance though.
_Blues_
May 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Sadly the series does not improve with the second installment.
Treena is still making dumb decisions yet acting as if she knows what shes doing. It's almost like watching a 7 year old getting ready to out of a tree. People tell you him this is bad and yet he gets mad and throws a tantrum for you daring to warn him. So yeah he jumps anyway.

Like I said in my review of book one its comical watching this dummie fuck up so badly over and over.
Ashley Hedden
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Numbers Ignite by Rebecca Rode was a great read. Treena is now having dreams about the death of hundreds that has been haunting her after her attempt at uniting the nation. She is now determined to live an uneventful life with Vance and the settlers. Unfortunately things don't go the way that she'd like them to. I loved reading this book and can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Christine Bishop
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read! ! !

Numbers Ignite is the second book in the Numbers Game Series. Treena has left NORA to find Vance and on the way she stumbles across an underground desert settlement. Vance must face his clan and be tried for his crimes. If you enjoyed the Numbers Game then this is a must read, you will not be disappointed.
Brianna B
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: q2
I liked this book, but I didn't think it was as good as the first book in the series. I would read it again, but sometimes the plot was confusing and hard to follow. A lot of new characters were introduced, so it was hard to figure out why the character was there and what their importance in the book was.
LauraAnn
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s Just Keeps Going

Well it picks up where it left off. Vance gets himself into a little predicament and so does Treena. There is a lot going on in this book more people are introduced. Some of it dragged for me but the story was still very good. I can’t wait to see how it ends!
Angela
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series!!

This book keeps me on the edge of my seat! Completely original, never know what to expect and I love it!! Can't wait to see how it ends! Grateful I took a chance and read this!
Apryl
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Good Sequel

I enjoyed it and think it was a good sequel. There were times I was confused between different groups living in the same area (I don't think they were properly identified/described), but it didn't get in the way of the story too much.
Lee
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series.

Well written, action packed with a little romance thrown in but not overpowering.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Review Chain: Discussion: Numbers Ignite 2 4 Jun 01, 2017 11:33PM

• The Princess Games (The Princess Trials, #2)
  • Actualized (Configured #3)
  • Immersed (Configured, #2)
  • Configured (Configured, #1)
  • Modified (Manipulated, #1)
  • The Girl Who Dared to Fight (The Girl Who Dared #7)
  • The Girl Who Dared to Endure (The Girl Who Dared, #6)
  • Render (The Resistance Trilogy #2)
  • Deep Shadows (The Child Thief #2)
  • Little Lies (The Child Thief #4)
  • The Girl Who Dared to Lead (The Girl Who Dared, #5)
  • Ghost Towns (The Child Thief #5)
  • Thin Lines (The Child Thief #3)
  • Zero Hour (The Child Thief #6)
  • The Child Thief (The Child Thief  #1)
  • The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • The Girl Who Dared to Rise (The Girl Who Dared, #4)
  • Marked (Sins of Our Ancestors #1)
REBECCA RODE is the USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Numbers Game trilogy, the Ember in Space series, and numerous novellas. She is also a freelance journalist. She has four children, two cats, one husband, and a ridiculous number of books. Visit her at www.AuthorRebeccaRode.com. ...more

Numbers Game (3 books)
  • Numbers Game (Numbers Game, #1)
  • Numbers Raging (Numbers Game, #3)