Start by marking “Merry Random Christmas (Random #7)” as Want to Read:
Merry Random Christmas (Random #7)

Merry Random Christmas

(Random #7)

It all started with a game of Truth or Dare…

It’s bad enough I got arrested for prostitution on Christmas Eve. Alleged prostitution, mind you. I didn’t do it. Of course I didn’t. The cops say I offered up a certain sex act for a $5 gasoline gift card, but honey?

My sex acts are worth way, way more.

So when I tried to explain what happened to the person who came and bailed me
Published November 20th 2015 by Prosaic Press

To ask other readers questions about Merry Random Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merry Random Christmas

Start your review of Merry Random Christmas (Random #7)
Becky
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Random funny moments

So if you read this but haven't read any of the other books you'll feel lost. I've read a few which allowed me to understand the dynamics somewhat.
This had random laugh out loud moments, random eye rolling moments and more than a few random this is stupid as $h!t moments. It's hard to explain this read because it's true to the book series name Crazy!
Not even close to the best Christmas read this season.
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
Merry pee-in-your-pants Christmas!
What can possibly go wrong on Christmas Eve with Darla, Trent and Joe? The answer is... EVERYTHING!!! Things like being arrested on false charges, stripping with candy-cane g-strings, a chicken called Popsicle, bad eel food poisoning, being bailed out by your evil mother-in-law, a homeless dude named Tortilla... and those are a few of the highlights and wacky stuff you'll read about in this hilarious holiday novella that will have you in stitches! If you are a
ValerieC
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So sad... This felt like an ending to my favorite Julia Kent series, without us knowing what's ahead for Darla, Trevor, and Joe.
Mommaleena
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Surprise

Merry Random Christmas (Random Book #8) by Julia Kent
•Surprise
Although this is number 8 in the series it's my first Julia Kent story. Being new to the series and coming in late didn't leave me feeling lost as to what was happening.... Only wanting to know the complete story from beginning to the end. Be prepared for some things that'll surprise you. I look forward top seeing what else is available. Due to sexual and adult situations this novel is recommended for readers 18 and older.
Pamela
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well Julia Kent has done it again! I knew she would...she has never let me down!!! This book was funny, touching(yes touching..some moments with a chicken...yes I said a chicken...of course there is more to this but you have to read the book to find out just what that is!), some aww moments and some oh my god that just did not happen moments! We see Joe, Darla and Trevor and spend some quality time with Joanne Ross where the sarcastic humor is so so perfect! I laughed so very hard at some of the ...more
Maria Dodd
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Another great book from Julia Kent. She never fails to deliver -always laugh out loud funny and full of emotion.

This book being set at Christmas time really grabbed the opportunity to play up the sentimental aspect of the season with goodwill to men etc. It also made the most of 'tis the season to be jolly :-) Joe and Trevor stripping was so funny but don't try explaining it to anybody, it just has to be read!

Go ahead, grab this book, shut yourself away and enjoy some Christmas cheer. When
Pinky Hewitt
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow

Darla, Trevor and joe. + Christmas and you just know it going to be fun add to the mix a homeless man with a pet chicken and you have the recipe for pi#'+«ng your self laughing.
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for an hones review.

Julia Kent has outdone herself yet again! Merry Random Christmas is remarkable well-written with characters that come alive on the page. Once you start reading, you won't want to put it down.
Tanja Williams Hancock
Random Acceptance

After reading the first book in the Random Series, I read this book. The time frame is 2.5 years later with Darla, Joe & Trevor still together. Updates are provided on the prevalent secondary characters like Darla's mom Cathy, her Uncle Mike, Aunt Josie, bandmates Sam & Liam plus parents of Joe & Trevor. The sass and spunk of Darla's character isn't as pronounced in this book as it in book 1 of the Random Series. Darla's crazy metaphors are included as part of her
Ms. Reader
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book from Goodreads Firstreads in exchange for any honest review...

This book was hilariously awesome! It was a fast-paced, quick-read that was blunt, straight-forward, over-the-top, and very humorous. It did have a lot of adult and vulgar humor (more than I had anticipated) that many people will find offensive. Regardless, I did find it highly enjoyable and had myself several laughs over the insensitive content.

I reason why I gave it 3 stars is, even with a great sense of humor,
Sandy Digger
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Merry random Christmas

Ummm, not what I was expecting at all. Interesting, shocking and hilarious yes. It’s about a ménage couple Darla, Joe & Trevor and their Christmas. Since they’re pretty much no holds barred, it is about Darla getting arrested for prostitution which she didn’t do and then she can’t get in touch with either of her boyfriends to bail her out but Joe’s mother shows up and bails her out. Then Darla realizes his mother doesn’t know where he’s at. So how did she know Darla
SandyL
This is the first book in the series I've read, and there were a lot of things going on before this book, but I still really enjoyed it. First of all, it's hilarious!! I love Julia Kent's way with words and imagination in this wacky book. Between Darla's arrest for trying to blow Santa for a gas card (and she doesn't even have a car!) to Joe and Trevor's stripping for a bunch of choir ladies, Tortilla and his chicken, Popsicle, and Joe's family, it was one disaster after another. There were a ...more
R.B. Austin
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Merry Random Christmas" received 4 stars.

The novel gained *STARS* for these items:

* gained for: "The book caught my interest in first five pages."

* gained for: "I thought about the bookwhen I was forced to set it down and re-enter society."

* gained for: "There were no info dumps, poor writing, or copy edit mistakes that jerked me out of the story."

* gained for: "I was sad when the book ended. I want more!"

The novel failed to gain stars for these items:

NO STAR gained for: "That's it. I'm
Jennifer Crutchfield
3 1/2 Stars! Book eight in the Random series. Novella length told in multiple POV with HFN ending. Random Acts of Crazy is a band, the secondary characters are band members and are throughout the series. This is not really a stand-alone as it is a continuation of the series and often refers to situations that happened in previous books. I have read the previous books in the series and I continue reading to see if there is a HEA, but it just goes on without anything happening. Just weirder & ...more
Suzanne
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Would definitely NOT recommend as a stand alone book. This being the only book I've read in this series, and doing so because it was "sold" to me as a quick holiday read and not realising it was part of a series until it was too late, I found this very confusing. There was nothing at all about the dynamics of the relationship until nearly the end, where the book started to make some sense in all the craziness. It was very funny, and a whole group of crazy characters.
Nikki Anderson
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read any of the other books in this series so I felt a little lost with the side characters but not enough to ruin the book. This book is exactly as it says. It’s random but in such a good way. I laughed so hard in some of the parts in the book. And other parts I wanted to cry for them. It was a really good read and makes me want to go look for the other books in the series. I think I need them in my life!!
Chris S.
Dec 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I haven't read any of the other books in this series and that may be part of the problem, but I thought this book was terrible. I couldn't understand why Darla was arrested for prostitution. Nor was the truth or dare game adequately explained. By the mid-way point, I just asked myself why I was bothering with this book when there are so many better books to read.
donna
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Random Book

If you want another Random act of all kinds of crazy, this is the book for ya or rather a whole series of them! I had to stop on occasion while reading just to let my brain cycle what I had just read! I was laughing so hard at points that my family was looking at me like I had lost my mind!
Jenny T.
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jenny T. by: Julia Kent
Shelves: romance
This is the 7th book in the Random series. This was a wild Christmas tale - a bit much for my sensibilities, so it was like looking an accident where you can't turn away. If you like your romances raunchy this read is for you- including foul language, outrageous situations, and threesomes. Still there were some nice character moments (for Darla, Joe, & Trevor) and funny moments for the holidays.
Charlotte
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it
There were some laugh out loud parts and then some stupidity. There was Darla who talks like a backwoods hick at times then she's deep and smart. She's a hot mess so is the story. I thought it was an okay read . not something that I would read more of but hey it was close to Christmas so I gave it a try.
Jackie
Never thought would outgrow potty humor but what is used in this story is actually beyond tasteless so guess I have standards after all. Who knew?

Anyway this was one of those goofy tales that when finished had to ask myself "What did I just read and why did I finish?"

Not a total loss as it did have a few sweet moments when not trying too hard.
Alexandra Smith
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its the first time I read one her books (yeah i know 8th book) I really enjoyed it and laughed at it find little strange but guess what made it funny. Downloaded the first book need read the rest off them in order
Deborah Yunevich
Another great Random story

I love this whole series, it just keeps me laughing. Only Darla, Trevor, and Joe can get in these situations and add Tortilla and Popsicle, it becomes more fun.
Guy's Girl
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Craziness!!

What a crazy, fun Christmas story. I have not read any of the other books in this series. There is so much craziness and so many references to crazy, bizarre things that it makes me want to read them.
Helen Simpson
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I HAVE TO SAY THIS BOOK WASNT FOR ME. I FELT LOST AT TIMES AND CONFUSED. I FELT THIS STORY IS BEST READ IF YOU HAVE READ THE SERIES WITH THESE CHARACTERS AS YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THE DYNAMIC OF THE RELATIONSHIPS BETTER. THERE WAS SOME FUNNY MOMENTS AND THE BOOK WAS WRITTEN WELL JUST NOT FOR ME.
EvilAntie Jan
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gift that keeps on giving!

It's Christmas everyday with Darla and company. Reconciliation, acceptance and love. That makes the Random series so memorable- it's all about the gifts of ourselves.
Becky
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious family dynamics

I started laughing within the first paragraph of this zany MFM. Darla, Trevor, and Joe cracked me up with the antics they get up to while traversing parents, friends, homeless guys and chickens. This was a fun and funny read.
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Merry Random Christmas (Random Series #8)

The Christmas story of Joe, Darla and Trevor. It's Christmas time and Darla is in jail and Joe and Trevor are stripping. Can they free Darla and have a merry Christmas? I didn't like this story.
Beverly
Dec 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
More of the same

I got this as a free download and, since I had read the first two or three books, gave it a whirl.

I quickly remembered why I stopped reading these books...too much is really just too much.
Sharon
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lots of nonsense

?this book used very foul language way too often. There was no real story line just a lot of jumbled up scene s. In many places they did not even connect. Do not plan on reading any more books in this series of gibberish.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Flawless Surrender (Surrender #2)
  • Shifted Under Construction (Alpha Division, #5)
  • Rocky Mountain Romance (Six Pack Ranch #7; Rocky Mountain House #9)
  • Night is Darkest (Men in Blue, #1)
  • Earning It (Stolen Moments, #1)
  • Once Upon a Royal Christmas (The Palotays of Montana #2)
  • The Cop Who Stole Christmas (Tall, Hot & Texan, #2)
  • Perfect Ten
  • Kisses for Christmas: A Holiday Boxed Set
  • A Cowgirl's Christmas (Carrigans of the Circle C, #5)
  • Daring the Bad Boy
  • North of Need (Hearts of the Anemoi, #1)
  • Montana Secret Santa (Love at the Chocolate Shop, #3)
  • Not Another New Year's (Holidays, #2)
  • The Naughty List (Make Mine A Menage, #1)
  • The Escort
  • The Doctor's Christmas Proposal (The Gallaghers of Montana #3)
  • Mooseletoe
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 2 million books, with 4 New York Times bestsellers and more than 18 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing in 2019.

From billionaires to BBWs to new adult rock stars, Julia finds a

Random (9 books)
  • Random Acts of Crazy (Random, #1)
  • Random Acts of Trust (Random, #2)
  • Random Acts of Fantasy (Random, #3; Invitation to Eden, #2)
  • Random Acts of Hope (Random, #4)
  • Random Acts of Love (Random, #5)
  • Random on Tour: Los Angeles (Random, #6)
  • It's Always Complicated (Her Billionaires #6; Random #8; Obedient #4)
  • Random on Tour: Las Vegas (Random, #9)