Start by marking “The Cyborg Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)” as Want to Read:
The Cyborg Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)

The Cyborg Chronicles

(The Future Chronicles)

Cyborgs. Part-robot, part-human. Even now, with our pacemakers, our holographic eyewear, our cybernetic limbs, it is difficult to deny that we are approaching an age when the line between humankind and machine is beginning to blur.

In this latest title in the acclaimed Future Chronicles series of speculative fiction anthologies, twelve authors face the question: In the age
Published December 28th 2015 by Windrift Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cyborg Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cyborg Chronicles

Andrew Western
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am leaving this review since I received an advance reader copy of this book. Receiving this for free did not sway my opinion at all. Great book! Perfect timing. I needed something to be able to read while in the waiting room of various doctors offices and this worked out just right. I thought that a full novel would be harder to put down with all the interruptions. I enjoyed all the stories in this book, each one of them were unique in their own way. I can not say that I had a particular favor ...more
Tommy Muncie
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
(I received an advance reader copy of this anthology from Michael Patrick Hicks in exchange for an honest review)

The stories in this anthology are impressive in ideas and style. When M.P Hicks sent me an ARC of this I didn’t expect to be getting a review up as soon as this, but these stories got me there because I couldn’t stop reading them. There were a couple that didn’t satisfy me as much as the others, but even then I found things to admire.

What I really liked about Cyborg Chronicles was how
Anna Tan
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, review-copy
The problem with rating an anthology, of course, is that every single story is written by a different person and it's incredibly difficult to give a general rating to such a diverse collection.

Anyway, I'll try.

Foreword - Samuel Peralta: I thought this would be a foreword, but no, it reads like a short story!

The Regular - Ken Liu: I've only read one story by Ken Liu before (The Paper Menagerie) and thought that a brilliant piece of work. The Regular is just as brilliant. Okay, I started off thi
Rebask
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, loved-it
We're Getting Closer, Day by Day, Parts and Pieces a Little at a Time

While I most assuredly bought this book on pre-order, it won't show up on Amazon as so because I purchase books under another account - one of Amazon's "Family Plan" deals and review them under "Rebask". (Which, by the way - is REALLY cool, check into it if you have family members you wish to share books with.) After pre-ordering, I was also quite fortunate to be given an ARC, so I got a head-start on reading the book. LUCKY ME
Julie Stafford
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding Read!! If you like sci-fi, and even if you don't, you will love this book of short stories about cyborgs. Each story stands on its own and they are excellent. Besides introducing you to a group of different authors, each story introduces you to a different type and use of cyborgs. Some of these cyborgs are close to reality now, while others are a ways out there. I loved all of them and you will too. Don't hesitate to buy Cyborg Chronicles. All the stories leave you thinking seriously ...more
Seamus
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great collection from Samuel Peralta's Future Chronicles Series hits the selves & it's going from strength to strength!

Really enjoyed this selection of very intriguing short stories dwelling on the development of cyborg technology. A highly recommended anthology for all Science Fiction fans who have little time / patience to read a 'door-stop'!
Fire
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Cyborg Chronicles is a collection of short stories by several authors. Each taking their own spin on the same topic Cyborgs. The stories vary greatly and are all interesting reads. I really enjoying getting the chance to see several author's writing style and from this there are few of the authors that I want to check out their other books.

This collection is fun to read because you get to see how different authors approach the same topic is such vastly different ways. The stories are quick t
Kristin Dutt
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Oh gosh I hate giving this only three stars. I really do. It pangs me deeply. I LOVE The Future Chronicles! I was so excited to see this was the next one. I grabbed in on KU and I'm stuck I just can't finish it. I don't get it. The stories just did not impress me. I loved the idea of cyborgs and was so excited to see what these great authors would come up with (I've read most of them elsewhere)

There were more stories that just bored me than interested me. I hoped for better. I may still attempt
Michael
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a nice compilation of science fiction short stories – none of it was too far off the edge to make you shout out “bull,” and it would appear many of these short stories were outlines for full-length novels. I liked being introduced to new sci-fi authors, and have already gone looking for more material by some of the authors in this compilation. These stories are just the right length for your lunch break at work or when you can spare 30-45 minutes at a clip without losing all track of tim ...more
Jim Kratzok
An excellent collection of stories!

As much as it pains me to admit it, I've been reading science fiction for more than 50 years at this point. In that time, I've read scores of anthologies, "Year's Best" collections, etc. "The Cyborg Chronicles" is one of the best collections I've read. Period. I'm not going to name each story and tell you whether it was good or bad - haven't got time for that. But of all the stories in this book, there was only one that I didn't really like a lot. I still liked
Ross Johnson
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Lots of interesting themes, character development even in a 10 page story. I've loved robot and cyborg scoresheet since I Robot and Danielle Steel, these did not disappoint.
Jim Vandegriff
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thought provoking

I enjoyed reading these different visions of cyborg life. Many of them dealt with war and armament. I hope we can get passed that someday. There was some good writing in this anthology.
Jonathan G. Meyer
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Food for future thought.

This was a five star anthology. However, I must admit that I love robots, technology, and science fiction. Well done!
Joanna Gawn
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good collection

A good collection, one which (as you might expect) is thought-provoking as well as entertaining. Another success for the Future Chronicles series!
Cmoore
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome collection of stories. From the masterful story "The Regular" by Ken Liu to the quirky noir "Drop Dead Droid" by Artie Cabrera. The book was already good in my opinion but then both Paul Swardstrom with "Upgrade Complete" and Annie Bellet's "Ghosts in the Mist" just knocked it out of the park, for me! I'm pretty sure that you can pick up any collection edited by Samuel Peralta it's gonna be great, but you really don't wanna miss getting this one! Enjoy!
Darlene
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Man and Machines

I love reading books like this. Short stories that introduce you to new authors who have written other books and series you may enjoy. Every story was true to the title of the book and had cyborgs in the stories, except, curiously, the last story. Although, very short and a good story didn't have any cyborgs in it. *shrug*. If you are looking for some good stories and potentially new authors to read this is a good book.
Chris
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Collection of short stories

This was pleasant surprise,as the stories are well written, with credible technology and real plots with believable characters. Some were a little cliche ridden but others had some interesting plot twists. At this price a steal really.
Steven
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This is a great collection.

It's a rare collection that keeps me this engaged from beginning to end.
Mark
A J F Gasson
May 09, 2017
Albert R DeVault
Dec 31, 2015
Ashley (Tiny Navajo Reads)
Apr 20, 2017
Richard Miles
Aug 10, 2016
Andrew Georgiou
Jul 25, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: The Cyborg Chronicles Needs Adding to My Author Page 3 12 Jan 04, 2016 03:16PM

• The A.I. Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Illusory Prophet (Singularity #3)
  • The Galaxy Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Jakkattu Vector (Jakkattu, #1)
  • The Robot Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • Writers of the Future Vol 32
  • Not So Stories
  • Tales of Ever After (Fellowship of Fantasy, #4)
  • Kingdom of Ash and Soot (The Order of the Crystal Daggers, #1)
  • ASP of Ascension (Nefertari Hughes Mystery, #1)
  • Dream of a Vast Blue Cavern (Dreams of QaiMaj #1)
  • The Forgotten Tale (The Accidental Turn, #2)
  • The Island Deception (Gateways to Alissia, #2)
  • Birth of a Dream Weaver: A Writer's Awakening
  • The Order of the Eternal Sun: A Novel of the Sylvani
  • Lawless (The Ironfire Legacy, #1)
  • Subversive Jesus: An Adventure in Justice, Mercy, and Faithfulness in a Broken World
  • The Exile's Violin (Tethys Chronicles, #1)
A freelance indie editor since 2014, I've edited more than 125 short stories and 30 novels. With an interest in science fiction and fantasy, middle-grade fiction, and young adult, I'm proud to assist my authors in fine-tuning their stories and helping them share them with the world.

The Future Chronicles (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • The Future Chronicles: Special Edition  (The Future Chronicles)
  • The A.I. Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Dragon Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Z Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Immortality Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Time Travel Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Galaxy Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Doomsday Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • Chronicle Worlds: Feyland (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Shapeshifter Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)