Start by marking “Midnight Lily” as Want to Read:
Midnight Lily

Midnight Lily

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  5,782 Ratings  ·  1,117 Reviews
Holden Scott is the prince of professional football. At least he was before he lost it all . . . or more to the point, before he threw it all away. Now he's out of a job, out of the public's good graces, and perhaps just a little out of his mind. So when a friend offers up his remote lodge in the wilds of Colorado, giving Holden some time away to get his life back on track ...more
Paperback, Sign of Love, Virgo, 242 pages
Published March 1st 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Lily, please sign up.

RBCRRBLOGGER There is a group on facebook called the official Midnight Lily discussion group where Mia resolves any confusion in her posts. The post with the…moreThere is a group on facebook called the official Midnight Lily discussion group where Mia resolves any confusion in her posts. The post with the hearts where she puts the events in chronological order answered the questions I had. https://www.facebook.com/groups/15642...(less)
Sofs
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Aestas Book Blog
Nov 19, 2015 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::::

“Thank you for coming for me,” I said.
“Always.”

Mia Sheridan is one of the most talented and compelling authors of the contemporary romance genre. Her writing is captivating and enthralling, and you can always count on her love stories to be entirely unique. No matter which book of hers you pick up, you're guaranteed to be taken on a ride unlike any before!

This is a spoiler free review, but here's where it gets tricky. This book was SO different that it's near
Christy
5 stars!

photo 9C30BC64-1F87-40D1-AE45-07045D2BD3C1_zpsdg7hlhgq.jpg

Midnight Lily . I’m not sure what to say about this book. It may be the hardest book I’ve ever had to review. I feel like anything I say will be spoiler-ish so it will be short and sweet.

Is this like any other book Mia Sheridan has written? No. It’s completely different. Don’t go in expecting this to be anything like her other books. Her writing is amazing as always, but the story is different than anything I’ve ever read.

Both of these characters touched me. Both were imperfect in a l
Colleen Hoover
May 23, 2016 Colleen Hoover rated it it was amazing
If I had to compare this book to red grapes or green grapes, I would pick red grapes. Not because I necessarily like them better than green grapes, but because there are more options with red grapes. It seems like they come either seedless or with seeds, big or small, purple-ish red or just plain red. But green grapes are usually just green and seedless. But I could be wrong. It could just be because I shop at Wal-Mart and there isn't a lot of selection of green grapes, other than the one. Or ma ...more
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
2.5 Stars!!

description

“I'm going to love you forever," I murmured between kisses. "Forever. In the darkness, or in the light."

To say this book was unconventional and completely different from what I had expected will be the understatement of the year. I love this author’s writing and I enjoyed some of her other stories, but this one it just did not work for me. I loved the premise and I found it very intriguing, but the execution for me was poorly done. On top of that, at times everything felt so rushe
Anna's Ramblings ツ
My, my, my...

My mind is still swirling. Because this book is a total mindf*ck.

I’m still confused and I can’t stop thinking about this story built on several mysteries. The story which can be fully understood and appreciated only if you pay attention to every detail. The story about two damaged souls.

Lily. Dark hair and a white lace dress. Living like a ghost in the forest shadows. Surrounded by mystery.

Gentle, compassionate and pure. Young and innocent but wise. Kept in the dark and forgotten.
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars

description

Sometimes sadly it happens when you don’t fully connect with the characters within a story line. Sadly, even the hero and heroine’s love connection didn’t sweep me up and that’s a very important aspect of any story. It hurts to not fall right along with a couple.

”I barely know you, Lily, but I already like you. And somehow, I feel like I need you.”

description

I held out hope that the epic would hit me like it has done for so many of my friends.

description

The twists or wow moments just left me a bit confus
Beverly
Feb 21, 2016 Beverly rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Mia Sheridan, she has written some of my favorite books. What I love the most about her writing is she can deliver the feels like no other, so of course I was so excited to read Midnight Lily. Imagine my surprise when this book turned out to be so completely different than what I was expecting.

Midnight Lily is so different from what I was expecting, but it did have one thing all of Mia’s book have: feels. Tons of feels and characters that stay with you. It has been days since
Ophelia's Book Blog
MINDBLOWN loved it, so different, so unique, so unexpected 6+++ Stars

description

"I'm not afraid of the darkness. I've been there before. I'll step into it willingly, unhesitatingly, and I'll come find you. No one else could make that promise and mean it, Lily. No one. No one except me."

Do yourself a favor and just dive in BLIND, believe me, you don't need to know anything beyond that that it's a beautiful love story, with a happy ending, and a unique setting.

It's so different from Mia's other works, yes,
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

"I'm not afraid of the darkness. I've been there before. I'll step into it willingly, unhesitatingly, and I'll come find you."

photo d55c836e1a463d229a2e350c5bb43754_zpsjzrtssyx.jpg

I have been a fan of Mia Sheridan for a while now. Her stories are so breathtakingly beautiful and I always get swept away by them. Midnight Lily was no exception but it definitely was so very different from the other books in the Signs of Love series. Be prepared to have your mind totally blown away by the time yo
Kristen
2 stars or 3 Stars? I'm not sure. I'm still quite confused!

I'll start my review by saying that I love this author and haven't read a book of hers I didn't adore...until now. It's not that I disliked this book–I actually quite liked it–it's just that I didn't fully understand it. Frankly, the flow of the plot lost me one too many times, and though I liked the concept, I finished it feeling more baffled and confused than anything else. I think this is one of those books that will either work for y
Brandi
Jan 03, 2016 Brandi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2016
description

Hmm... I didn't love this one. Slapping 2 stars on a Mia Sheridan book kills me, but for me, it was just okay.

I get the idea, but I just felt like the execution was off. It had potential, but the road the author took me down felt choppy, and just odd. But, it got a lot of love, so maybe I'm just being difficult, but I'm disappointed.
Eliza
Nov 22, 2015 Eliza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, march-2016

Title: Midnight Lily
Series: Signs of Love
Author: Mia Sheridan
Release date: 1st March, 2016

Midnight Lily is unlike anything I have previously read from Mia Sheridan. It does however contain the core elements synonymous to her books that I love so much. Atmospheric writing, wonderfully generous protagonists and an epic love story at the heart of it all.

"We will never be perfect or without flaws, the lives we've been given are not like that. But, Lily, in my heart, you are perfect for me. Perfectl
Dee Montoya
Feb 22, 2016 Dee Montoya rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic, arc, favorite-author
4 Beautiful Stars****

(ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

I've been thinking about how to write this review all day long, and I have come to the conclusion that it's impossible to describe the story without spoiling it; the less you know the better it will be.

Mia Sheridan's writing style is a beautiful and poetic as ever. She has a knack for creating remarkable stories that get under the reader's skin and take over the heart.

photo image_zpsoii7rglm.jpeg

Have you ever felt a love that is so powerf
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Where do you fly, Lily?' Stars!
BR with my dear Shhluts, Anna and Ebru :)
 photo Midnight Lily - Mia Sheridan_zpsdlmazgaw.png

Mia Sheridan has an amazing talent: she surprises her readers every-freaking-time. When Anna, Ebru and I decided to read this book together, I was not expecting what happened (I believe no one expected it! lol) but even with that, this was a great read. Now, I don't know how this review will come out because it's very difficult to explain without spoilers but I will try!

Midnight Lily is a stand-alone novel that belongs
Parvathy
Jan 01, 2016 Parvathy rated it it was amazing

5 'Midnight Lily' Stars

A beautiful, poignant and deeply emotional love story bound to leave you spellbound..

Holden Scott is the prince of professional football. But a downward sprial is threatening to take everything away from him. To get his life on track, he retreats to his friend's holiday cabin in Colorado. There he meets a girl wearing a white lace dress who appears in moon light. Is she real ? Or is she a figment of his imagination? Or is the truth what no one every expected?!!

This boo
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤

I'm so disappointed.Seriously I love this author and so far I've loved everything I've read by her. I was so excited to read this one, but unfortunately it wasn't what I expected. There were some parts that I liked but most of the story was confusing to me. I was intrigued to see what was going to happen, but it didn't work for me.

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Wow my God. I'm speechless right now... I loved it. This story caught me so bad... :) Especially while I was reading almost last 50 pages of the book, my hands literally shaking and my heart. Oh my poor heart was beating so fast.. It was so captivating. :)

This book is about two broken souls who finds each other in the darkness and they accepted each other no matter what happened... I loved their flaws and Lily & he were imperfectly perfect together. I really enjoyed this book so much. And I
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
***SPOILER-FREE REVIEW***

LIVE on AMZ- http://amzn.to/1QxF5eC

5 "My Lily of the Night" Stars!

photo 6B19006A-1833-43ED-9282-789A109DC7D2_zpsmll4str1.gif

One word for this book...MINDF@CK. My brain hurts.

Okay, that being said...

I'll be 100% straightforward, my review will be simple and vague. Take one piece of advice, if the blurb interests you or if you're simply a fan of all things Mia Sheridan, have faith and jump in blind. One teeny tiny spoiler will ruin the ride for this beautiful love story. I'm dreading to see all the "recap the entire story" rev
AJ
Nov 19, 2015 AJ rated it it was ok
Shelves: romantic, steamy, mindf-k, arc
Well, with a huge big pile of WTF?, this is going to be another unpopular opinion from me!

I love Mia Sheridan. Flat out LOVE her! Her writing is beautiful and her stories have rocked my world, making me cry, laugh and fall in love over and over again. This book is a huge departure for her, unlike anything she’s written before, and unfortunately it just did not work for me.

This is an almost impossible book to review. It truly is one of those cases where anything I say will be a huge spoiler, so
P
Dec 18, 2015 P rated it liked it
Midnight Lily is another book from Mia Sheridan, my dear author. Since the moment I heard about this new coming book, I was super hyped and I wanted to weep right there. Anyway, this book is written lyrically, every word is just like a song for me. Lily and Holden complement each other in the weird way, yet I love where the story goes in the beginning, just only the beginning though.

It's hard to write this review honorably. I know everyone gave this book 5 stars and said it's so beautiful and h
warhawke
Mar 04, 2016 warhawke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love unconventional stories
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone book from Sign Of Love series
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Holden Scott was a fallen football star. When life became too much, he agreed to recuperate and rejuvenate at a remote cabin in the woods. But the solitary existence was starting to get to him, until she met a mysterious lady in white.

Lily knew the woods like the back of her hand. It is where she felt alive and free. She found kindred spirit in Holden and his presence finally soothed her lon
Alex is The Romance Fox
Midnight Lily is the 1st book I’ve read by Mia Sheridan.

Wow!!!What an introduction to this author’s work.

A heart touching, evocative, enthralling and emotionally charged love story of two damaged souls who find something incredible together and who will not allow anything to keep them apart.
I was lost, my hands bloody and abraded, out of breath, nauseated, and so damn …sad.
“You’ve lost your way,” came her voice.
“Yes,” I whispered. “yes, I know.”
“Come,” she said. “I’ll help you find your way a
Catarina
3,5 Beautifully Haunted Stars.

This is one of those stories you should jump in blind and just enjoy the ride. So I will just say that Holden is a football player that fell out of grace. So when he decides it’s time for a break and goes to a remote place, he starts seeing a girl in a white dress. In the beginning he doesn’t even know if the girl is real, but when he decides to dig deeper, his whole life is about to change.

description

I will not say a lot about this book, because I believe it’s one of those
 ⚛  KAT ⚛ ⊱Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books⊰

TITLE: Midnight Lily
AUTHOR: Mia Sheridan
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: March 01st, 2016

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

FINALLY!! I one clicked this release day and I am FINALLY going to jump on this tonight, this is one of my most highly anticipated books of March..

I've just been warned by two friends that this book is going to f*ck with my mind..GREAT!! They were definitely telling the truth..

MIDNIGHT LILY: Introduces us to Holden whose been dropped off at his mates remote cabin, no civilisation for m
Hionia
Feb 29, 2016 Hionia rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
description There's always someone society chooses not to see. There's always someone who is invisible through no fault of their own.

description

A story about two tormented souls reaching for each other in the darkness. A tale of two haunted individuals trying to flee from the harsh reality of this cruel world. Two tortured hearts struggling to save each other. Two suffered minds hoping for peace. Two distressed spirits desperate to find the light. A love so deep and meaningful. A book you should definitely read.

description My
CC
Mar 04, 2017 CC rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

description

Holden is professional athlete suffering from the death of his best friend. Not being able to recover, he turns to pills to numb the pain, but manages to lose hold of everything. Realizing his ways, he sets out to an isolated mountain lodge to reclaim his life unaware of the path waiting for him.

“I’d rather be someone simple, with a simple life, simple problems.”

Lily is an adventurous woman enjoying her stay in the mountains. During one of her hikes, she trails off and unexpectedl
Bella
I'm a huge fan of Mia Sheridan. HUGE. I love her writing. She is on my "auto buy" list. I will forever read her future work without even reading the blurb.

So, I was very excited about this upcoming book! I couldn't click on the ARC request fast enough! Gimme, gimme, GIMME!

This book. Well, it definitely blew my mind.

I'm sure my review will be in the minority, so please don't start throwing things at me!

What I loved about this book:
~The writing. Mia can write. I am always impressed with the qu
Radmila
Dec 04, 2015 Radmila rated it it was amazing
5+++ Lily of the Night STARS!!!

Before I started reading this book, my friend Pea warned me. She said to me to read book extra careful and look for the signs. I also read some reviews (only spoiler free, ofc ) and I knew to expect the unexpected. So while reading the book I had all kinds of theories going in my head. I guessed somethings right, but the book still manage to surprise me. And that is the beauty.

It all started with forest and two people who try find themselves.

The forest had unmann
Anna
Jan 03, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

5 ++++ stars !! Simply amazing. Breathtaking and beautiful. I highlighted half of the book it was that poetic. That epilogue .....beautiful. And in true Mia Sheridan fashion I must go back immediately and reread so I can imprint the words further into my heart.
MELISSA
Dec 31, 2015 MELISSA rated it really liked it
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Patty)

photo F69E6555-00F9-47C5-8E64-CB973600413D_zpsdmn8n5tp.jpg

Holden Scott is a 25 yr. old NFL football player living in San Francisco. After losing someone close to him, his life has been on a downward spiral. He is merely existing with endless parties, meaningless sex, drugs & alcohol. His friends notice he's in bad shape & that he needs to make some changes & get his life back on track. He's lost it all, & isn't doing well physically or emotionally. This rich superstar's life has become tra
THE ENDING ? 10 436 Apr 17, 2017 09:16PM
Around the Year i...: Midnight Lily, by Mia Sheridan 1 16 Jan 22, 2017 09:38AM
The Challenge Fac...: Krissy, K-Terror & Ezi - Midnight Lily 67 28 Jun 10, 2016 08:09PM
Turning Pages At ...: Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan **Spoilers possible** 64 138 Mar 23, 2016 05:38PM
  • Dragon Knight's Sword (Order of the Dragon Knights, #1)
  • Until It's Right
  • The Fire Between High & Lo (Elements, #2)
  • One For the Money (Night Huntress, #4.5)
  • Killer Queen (Painted Faces, #2)
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Kane's Hell
  • Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1)
  • Adore (Spiral of Bliss, #5)
  • Branded Sanctuary (Nature of Desire, #7)
  • Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill, #2)
  • One Day Soon (One Day Soon, #1)
  • Shaken
  • Last Hope (Hitman, #4)
  • Things Remembered (Accidentally on Purpose, #5)
  • Fighting Silence (On the Ropes, #1)
  • Collared
  • Priceless (Forbidden Men, #8)

“Happily ever after doesn't mean a lifetime of perfection. I don't think anyone believes that happily ever after means there are no unhappy days, even unhappy years. It means loving forever, despite all the many reasons it's easier not to.” 19 likes
“There's always someone society chooses not to see. There's always someone who is invisible through no fault of their own.” 18 likes