Start by marking “A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story” as Want to Read:
A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story

Read Book

A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

A fully illustrated Christmas story that will make your heart sing!

Upstairs in the Anderson’s attic there is chatter coming from the Christmas, Easter and Halloween boxes. Someone new has arrived. Tallulah the Christmas Fairy wakes to find herself attached to the top of a tree. She soon makes friends and has a magical first Chri
Published December 1st 2015 by Nova Sky Books

To ask other readers questions about A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story

Start your review of A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story
Heena Rathore P.
Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story is a beautiful book that gives us a peek in the lives of the various decorations (that we assume to be non-living) such as Christmas decorations, Halloween decorations, Thanksgiving decorations, etc. and even a few toys.

It’s a heart melting story about how the decorations get all super-excited as their time of the year comes and how, when the festival ends, they get sad as
Dianne
What a wonderful way to share the magic of a young child’s imagination when you read A.J. York’s A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story with them.
Every holiday holds magic, but the magic shared by Tallulah the Christmas Fairy and her friends will bring back memories of staring in awe at a decorated tree and imagine if each ornament could come to life. Think about your decorations, what do they do all year waiting for their special time of year? Tallulah and her friends wander the attic, dreaming
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
You can read this review and more on my blog:
It felt like Christmas came a little early when I was offered an opportunity to read this. I never pass up a chance to read a story by A.J. York because I always know they will be short and sweet.

A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story is the perfect little book to get you and your little ones in the mood for the holidays.

The book is a lot like Toy Story, but holiday decorations come to life along with the toys, and it took me less than
Christine
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2015-reads
Read this one to youngsters at Christmas time and start a new tradition or read it yourself for the warm fuzzies and smiles it is sure to evoke. Granted, the concept has been done many, many times … toys and Christmas decorations with an “awareness” slowly being left behind as the household grows up … but really, does it ever get old? And, “A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story” does have a very touching and yet amusing twist at the end.

Tallulah is a Christmas Fairy tree-topper. Ever since she
Michelle
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
My Review:
When an email arrives from A.J. York I know I am about to get the offer to read an amazing book. She hasn’t disappointed me yet and I don’t think she ever could. She has this amazing way of writing stories that hold such a strong message that just warms your heart.

Tallulah is a new ornament in the Anderson house, she thinks Christmas is the most magical time of year and makes some pretty great friends but when Christmas is over the fun doesn’t end in the attic she spends her time wit
Sheri
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story by A.J. York

Tallulah is a Christmas Fairy and she finds herself atop a loving family Christmas tree. After Christmas she goes up to the attic with the other Holiday decorations, (Easter & Halloween). Every year they excitedly watch the seasons change and wait for their chance to go downstairs with the family. The one day a new box appears and things are about to change for them all.

A wonderful magical story. I loved how the decorations have a great friendshi
Patricia Hamill
This is a lovely short story about a treetop fairy who wakes up one day to find herself the newest addition to a young family’s Christmas decorations. After all go to sleep, the other ornaments awaken and welcome Tallulah. But after Christmas, they go back to the attic, where ornaments from other seasons and holidays are eager to tell her stories and bring her into their world.

I was faintly reminded of Toy Story, though this story feels much more optimistic and hopeful. The ornaments and toys t
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
*4.5 Stars*
This sweet Christmas story is sure to spark a young one's imagination as well as cause some reminiscing for adults!

Tallulah is a Christmas Fairy and has just awakened in her new home. She gets a special place on top of the Christmas tree, where she is able to see all the goings-on in her home with the Anderson family. She quickly makes friends with the other Christmas decorations and once Christmas is past, the other seasons' decorations. As the Anderson children grow up, things chang
Angie Taylor
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a darling children's story that echoes a little bit of Toy Story's plot with decorations coming to life. It was very enjoyable. My daughter loved it and had fun trying to figure out what was going to happen next. It's a perfect story to get one in the mood for Christmas and focuses on the importance of family coming together for the holidays.

Here's the book trailer, https://youtu.be/IGFkPza631Y

Books
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2015
A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story captures the imagination and magic of Christmas with its charming characters who find their way straight into the reader’s heart. It is perfect for entertaining little minds and getting them into the spirit of the festive season!
Wanda Hartzenberg
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Awh this was sweet. Short and entertaining.

WaAr
Barbara Hackel
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A magical story that every child will love. It is about the decorations for various holidays coming to life not only when they are being displayed for the holiday they represent, but also in the attic where they are stored. They have a happy and unique way of celebrating the holidays and learning what is new within the Anderson family who owns them all. One sad day the ornaments aren't taken out for Christmas and they are all heartbroken. Thanks to the other decorations and a large Halloween ske ...more
Sharon
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely little Christmas story.
J.B. Garner
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From The Musings of a Starving Author:

Good morning, my literary foodies! No doubt you stagger to your computer or tablet, gorged on Thanksgiving turkey (if you’re a United Statesian that is), eager to get another slice of literary pie. Fortunately, I have just the perfect little tidbit of holiday joy, just enough to fill you up but not leave you bloated!

Before we get to it, let’s sing the Starving Review Canto:

I attempt to rate every book from the perspective of a fan of the genre
I attempt to ma
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great story to read aloud with your children, grandchildren etc. Each chapter starts with an illustration to peak the interest for the upcoming chapter. I like that you can use your imagination to picture the rest of the story. It is an old story of toys/ornaments that come to life, when the humans are not around. The idea of being "left behind" as the children grow up and the family changes is not new, but the ending is wonderful.

Tallulah is a Christmas Fairy tree-topper. Shortly aft
Today We Did
Dec 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Today We Did

Tallulah is a Christmas Fairy in a beautiful white gown, with white feathery wings. During the festive season she adorns the very top of the Anderson’s tree, otherwise she lives in the attic. There, she can mingle with the other Christmas decorations, and those that belong to the Easter box and the Halloween box. After many years, a Christmas arrives when the decorations are not taken out of the attic, and the house is very quiet. Tallulah and her friends venture downstairs to invest
Sandy
What a fun and delightful story that will definitely put a smile on your face. From small children to older adults, this story brings together the wonder of magic and the love of family that will leave your heart sparkling. Tallulah, the Christmas Fairy was neatly placed into her small box, just waiting for the right family to take her home after being assembled. It’s inside Sarah’s house that the magic begins as Tallulah becomes animated and meets the other living Christmas figures amidst Sarah ...more
Hannah
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars, rounded up.

I received a copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

It's time for Christmas books and Christmas movies once again!

This was a very sweet short story.

I enjoyed the concept, is a rather bittersweet one; toys, and in this case holiday decorations, that have a self-awareness and a mind of their own. The toys in this group are played with less and less, until eventually they are packed away. The holiday decorations, however, are taken out once every year.

I really e
Sheila
We’ve all read stories about toys that come to life in the night, or Christmas ornaments that play when the family’s asleep. A.J. York takes the idea one step further in this sweet Christmas story, where the attic is a magical place of friends who rejoice for each other when it’s time to go down into the house. Talullah the fairy is much admired by the daughter of the family. Meanwhile a china boy and girl throw snowballs on the mantel. And soon, perhaps, a Santa will regale them all with tales ...more
Tonja Drecker
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a cute story to read to kids around Christmas, this one should definitely be on your list (although it does cover several other holidays and could be read all year around).

Tallulah is a sweet little fairy brings the world of holiday ornaments to life. She's warm hearted, curious and all those things which make a character unforgettable and lovable. Fun and friendship are never far behind no matter where she appears, and this warm attitude is addictive.

The story is wonderful
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-galley
This is a story about a Christmas fairy named Tallulah. Tallulah was created by an older couple and sold to a family to be put on top of a Christmas tree. The special thing about Tallulah is that she is alive! Soon she figures out that not only is she alive, but so are all the other Christmas, and other holiday, decorations. She makes new friends and figures out what she is for and what Christmas is all about.

Tallulah is around to be on top of the tree with all her friends for years. She watches
Jessica Bronder
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story is about all of the decorations for several holidays in the attic. We follow along when Tallulah, the Christmas Fairy joins the group. They spend time in the attic until it is each of their holidays to be brought down into the house. But things change over the years until one year they are not brought down.

This is a great story about how the decorations feel. What would it be like to be a decoration that one comes down for a little while every year? How would you feel if suddenly you
Stephanie
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tallulah the Christmas Fairy has awoken atop a Christmas tree in a loving home full of Christmas spirit and a loving family. All of the other Christmas decorations welcome her. Tallulah soon learns that Christmas doesn't last forever, but the attic doesn't have to be all that bad. Tallulah meets the Halloween and Easter decorations and anxiously awaits as each holiday approaches. As the years pass, however, Tallulah and the decorations notice that their family seems to celebrate less and less. T ...more
Kimberly
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The boxes in the Anderson's attic are talking, especially the Christmas, Easter and Halloween boxes. Tallulah the Christmas Fairy is new and when she wakes up she is on top of the tree. Then when the holiday is over all the decorations go back to the attic. The same thing happens every year as the excitement builds for each box to go downstairs. One day new boxes appear and surprises await.

Such a wonderful imagination builder, as children look at the decorations with the wonder of imagining the
Rabid Readers Reviews
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas is a charming early reader story sure to become a modern holiday classic. The story is an easy and quick read with the familiar storyline of toys coming to life when the humans can’t see them. The story is happy, light, optimistic and a perfect read with or to little ones. It shows how people grow up, grow apart but can come together again.

While not the most unique idea for a holiday story (see Toy Story, The Nutcracker and Babes in Toyland) the presentation of A
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story is a magical tale about holiday decorations come to life and how they experience the holidays. The book was very short but I think young readers will really enjoy it.

The story itself is whimsical and creative and I have always loved the idea of toys coming to life, so why not decorations? This was a creative adaptation to a commonly told tale and it was adorable. York does a great job weaving the holidays together and the decorations all seem so cute and fu
Dawn
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas Story is a sweet children’s story about Tallulah the Christmas Fairy who is the tree topper for the Anderson family. She makes friends with the other Christmas decorations and then, when they’re put in the attic for the year, she makes even more friends with decorations from the other holidays. Year after year they look forward to when it’s their turn to go downstairs.

Young readers will enjoy this story. It
Kay LaLone
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this cute, heartwarming Christmas story. Tallulah is a Christmas fairy who sits o top of the Christmas tree year after year. The story passes through the years of the Anderson's children growing up. All the different holiday decorations are packed in the attic. Each holiday like Easter, Halloween, and Christmas the decorations take their turn downstairs. I like what all the decorations do for a special Christmas. (no spoiler here. If you want to know, you need to read this book), I rece ...more
Christy
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such an adorable Christmas story! The ornaments and decorations are alive and well in the attic where they live until it is their season to decorate the house. The decorations tend to get bored when they aren't in use, but time passes quickly. Too quickly. Years pass and the children grow older until one Christmas, the decorations are left in the attic! Read A Fairy Extraordinary Christmas to find out what happens next!
Linda
Dec 29, 2015 added it
Shelves: christmas
The ornaments of Christmas, Halloween and Easter get together during the time they are living in the attic visiting and just enjoying being together. When each box reappears it catches the others up on the latest goings on of the downstairs. Children growing and moving away, etc. That is until one Christmas no one appears to bring down any boxes and so all the decorations decide to celebrate together.

A cute and unusal Christmas story.
Kids/Teens Book Club: Christmas story to make your heart sing! 4 4 Dec 08, 2015 05:24AM
"Quick, lively and entertaining reading specifically written for children ages 8 to 12, A. J. York's fantasy trilogy is very highly recommended for family, middle school and community library collections. Enthusiastic young readers will look forward to Delilah Dusticle's next thrilling adventures!" Midwest Book Review, April 2015

A.J. York is a middle grade fantasy author and teacher from the UK. H