Start by marking “Why I Believe” as Want to Read:
Why I Believe

Why I Believe

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
In this powerful inspirational book, Steve Young, Gladys Knight, Jane Clayson, Stephen R. Covey, Bill Marriott, Richard Eyre, and Richard Paul Evans join with other prominent Latter day Saints, to share with the world a brief look at why they believe. The paths to testimony have been as diverse as the life experiences of these sports, business, professional, religious, and ...more
359 pages
Published November 1st 2001 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about Why I Believe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why I Believe

Natalie
Jan 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of testimonies of God and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by various well-known members such as Gladys Knight, Mitt Romney, Danny Ainge, Steve Young, etc. and includes short biographies of the writers. It was interesting to see the church through different perspectives. Of all of the writings, my favorite was from Kieth Merrill who produced the movie Legacy. At one point he says, "I believe because I refuse to trust in the finite minds of men." A line that I ...more
Sep 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love reading about different "conversion stories" into the LDS church. This articulated and reminded me of many of the reasons I love being a member of the church. Everyone's experience is quite different. It was uplifting light reading for me while I worked out on the treadmill or eliptical machine each morning : )!
Jane
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nice collection of conversion stories especially for LDS memebers.
Some stories very heart felt.
Others sounded like a "press" release but if you wonder what draws or keeps people in a particular faith this is a good book.
Lisa
Nov 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds, inspirational
While it is interesting to learn different individual's responses to the title statement, the greastest effect on me was to cause me to give my own response of why I believe and a reaffirmation of my own testimony.
Joan
Jul 03, 2009 added it
Recognized the title, and sure enough it was in among my books... read so many years ago. Now need to put it out to read again.
Sandra Strange
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-lds
Great reading for those who believe, or would like to believe, this book includes accounts by all kinds of LDS people, coaches, beauty pageant winners, authors, business figures, politicians.
Missy
Mar 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Loved hearing why other prominent LDS believe the way they do.
Connie
Jan 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Some wonderful testimonies and experiences of more well knon members of the church.
Amy Hardison
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful, enjoyable, inspiring read. This is a compilation of high-profile Latter-day Saints and why the believe. I really enjoyed it.
Jscott5040
Rosieontheroad
Jul 21, 2010
Kelly
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun to read about famous and semi famous people's own accounts of why they believe.
Warren E.
Jon Webber
Dec 15, 2012
John
May 15, 2010 rated it liked it
An eclectic look at who believes what, along with their reasons for doing so.
Douglas