Start by marking “An Escort for Christmas” as Want to Read:

An Escort for Christmas

Harper Nichols is in a desperate situation.

After her Aunt’s passing, she’s been left with a mounting pile of medical bills and other debt. Just when she thinks it can’t get any worse, she loses her job… only weeks before Christmas.

Published November 17th 2015 (first published November 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about An Escort for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Escort for Christmas

Start your review of An Escort for Christmas
Deborah
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it

This is a Pretty Woman type super sweet romance.
Harper is the twenty-two year old beauty that doesn’t know it. She dropped out of college to help her Aunt (her only living relative) try and battle cancer.her Aunt is gone but Harper is left with the debts, no job and the prospect of being homeless is looming if she can’t find the money to pay her rent.
Her best friend happens to be an escort and convinces Harper to give it a try. Harper agrees but takes sex from the equation.
She’s instantly
Irene Sim
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is surprisingly very good. It has one of the most believable plots regarding the trope "fake escort" and both the main characters are amazing and very likeable. I only wish it was a longer story because the plot felt rushed at times and I wanted the couple to have more angst before they got together.
Other than that, it was a great read and I'll be looking out for this author's work...
Renégade ♥
4 stars

If you need a quick romance novella for one of your reading challenges, you might want to give this one a try.

This is my first read by A. Zavarelli, but I know it won't be my last. The author pulled me in, the pacing felt right, the chemistry and reasons for conflict were there, and I liked it.

It felt like a complete story, and though Harper and Jameson's attraction and their desire to eventually be together was there and stated, they didn't rush into thoughts/declarations of love and
Karla
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

I enjoyed this quick read it was fun and sexy a little bit longer than the previous novella I read by this author. It had a bit of "pretty woman" vibe mix in with the Christmas spirit it was a great combo. It had a bit of push and pull from the MC's but nothing frustrating since the story moved along fast and the epilogue was so sweet and the perfect ending. <3

description
Riz
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Really liked it!
Jenny
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: heroine-i-adore
Just a sweet and cheesy read.
lily waheed
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
quick and sweet novella with adorable heroine , loved it .
TSN ☮
Re-read December 2018
Re-read February 2018

I think I just saw a pig in the sky!

And who knows, there might even be snow in Hell.

Just now I read a novella that I really liked, and I really don't like novellas.

Imagine the epitome of an innocent America's sweetheart, and then sprinkle some magic Disney fairy dust over her. That's about how sweet Harper is.

This was the cutest little Christmas love story.
Dora Koutsoukou
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5 s

Although I am not usually thrilled with short stories, I found myself enjoying An Escort for Christmas!!! It didn’t have dual POV (and I desperately wanted to know the hero’s thoughts), however I really liked it.
Briana
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great Novella finished in an hour by this great author!!

Actually to be absolutely honest. I loved this novella better than "One Lat Gift" by Mrs. A! I know surprising, but even though this one was so short, it had so much substance to the story.

I was completely engrossed in this story from beginning to end. I can not really express some details about the book because since it is so short I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. I want everyone to read this book it is absolutely
Coco.V
Dec 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (12/22/2018)!

Blurb:
Harper Nichols is in a desperate situation.

The very roof over her head hangs in the balance, and so far her job leads have been less than fruitful. As a last resort, she accepts her friend Katia’s offer to work for her dating service. The only stipulation? Extras are
AJ's book-reMarks
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christmas Novella

This is a quick, not story about a billionaire looking to go home for Christmas but doesn't want to go alone to face his ex. He hired a professional, so what could go wrong?
Nikki
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This was a quick read but it had all the elements making it a fabulous story! I really enjoy this authors work!
Debbie Hanson
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Arc received from Instafreebie.

Yet another great story from A Zavarelli . I am normally not a huge fan of novellas but this has been a pleasant surprise. It wa short and sweet literally.

Harper Nichols is on the brink of losing everything, from lising her job, to her apartment, and paying off medical bills from her aunt. She needs something and fast. When offered a job as an escort where her best friend works she has no choice but to accept it.

Jameson King needs a girlfriend to take home to
Mirjam
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

“You mean besides being a whore? I guess that wouldn’t really fly, would it? I don’t know, Jameson. What do you want me to be? This is your game after all.”

Harper Nichols is in desperate need of money and, unable to find a job, she signs up at the escort agency where her BF works too with the stipulation of sex being off the table.

Jameson King needs to bring a date home to his parents for Christmas.

For both of them this whole escort business is new and Jameson has no idea this is Harper's
Nadia
Books about moody billionaires usually annoy me, but I really, really liked this story!

It was well written, short, sweet and pretty much perfect. Both characters felt real and had substance, they did things that made me frown and there was a fair bit of drama, but this was one very engaging read.

I read it in one sitting and it left me with a smile on my face. I also loved Jameson's family. Considering the length of the novella, I felt that the author did a great job transporting me into the
Medavis66
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Harper is struggling just trying to make ends meet. She is still paying hospital bills from her aunt's battle with cancer... a battle she lost. Her friend is an escort and assures her that she can be one without having to provide sex. Her first job has real financial promise. He is gorgeous so two weeks with him won't be a hardship. But can she survive with her heart intact? Read and find out!

ARC provided in exchange for honest review.
Louise Brodie
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another good read.
I enjoyed the storyline, the characters and the detail the author put in to her book.
Jan
Hot businessman in need of a date for Christmas with his family, it was very pretty woman and I loved it.

There's no Julia Roberts and Richard Gear but the plot is very similar and just my kind of read.

Jameson needs a fake girlfriend for the holidays and approaches an escort agency.

Harper is down on her luck, in need of money and is persuaded by her friend to join the agency were she is a hooker but Harper has conditions of no sex, just dates and agrees to join the agency with those
Colleen Giminiani
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Harper has had a rough go at life. She has the ability for a clean slate. Can she manage to hold on and finish what she started? Will her heart tell her otherwise?

Ahhhh... I feel like a cartoon character with hearts in their eyes. This novella hit me to the core and I loved each and every second of it. Jameson King is a bruiting mess and he has some underlying issues. Will they come to light? Will he ever be able to feel?

This story took me on a rollercoaster ride. I couldn't help, but hoot and
Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable fluff

Aaah, this was just what I needed- a quick, fluffy novella. The literary equivalent of Hostess Snowballs- no nutritional value, it doesn't fill you up, but it tastes good all the same.
It takes place at Christmas time, so it would likely be even more enjoyable at that time of year (being "in the spirit," and all that). There isn't insta-love, thank goodness. The main characters develop feelings for one another over the course of two weeks spending every day/night together, but not
Rina | booksofthemuggleborn
My Rating: 4/5 stars!

A short story but packs a punch when it comes to the feels. I first read this novella last year and whenever I'm in need of a Zavarelli fix, I reread her Christmas novellas -- this being one of them.

Although the leads do get together relatively quickly (it is a novella afterall) it doesn't have the feel of an instalove - which I love about Zavarelli's novellas. There's still a backstory, development and growth in the characters relationship, and a few hiccups to straighten
Shelley
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great short holiday story that is sure to make you want to unwrap your very own Mr King!

Harper is drowning under a sea of debt from all her deceased Aunt’s medical bills when she loses her job. Her bestie suggests working for the same escort company she does to try earn the money to pay all the debt off, which she reluctantly agrees to. But things become more complicated when she meets the Kings and their gorgeous son Jameson starts pulling emotions from her she’s never experienced
Charlee
Nov 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Such a disappointment. I usually love A. Zavarelli and was hoping for a quick steamy read but this was just boring. The love interest spends hardly any time with Harper and when he does they don't really talk or do anything except avoid each other, and at the end i'm supposed to believe that he loves her? I think it was missing his perspective and this could have been done by cutting a few pointless scenes.
Ceeri Jay
Jameson and Harper have an escort agency contract to fulfil cos,Myers, the h only close remaining family member died recently leaving humungous hospital bills to pay.

the plan is a two week Xmas holiday at the family mansion. And a secret password

what could possibly go wrong???

Zavarelli does not do the short story genre very well.
I think I expected more of the high octane read and speed from her Boston Underground series, instead of the Xmas novelette.

my bad. was average for me
Diana Wilson
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sweet Christmas romance.

This was a cute book. Harper has to make some money and fast or she's homeless. Her friend tells her about being an escort. Her first client is the very rich Jameson. He needs a fake girlfriend for Christmas with the family. I laughed and at times I didn't like Jameson much. Loved the NEW?
Geraldine
I did enjoy this book and being a short story it grabbed you from the beginning. That said Jameson's character was a little hard to fall in love with given his standoffish personality and I did feel that the ending was a little under done. For me it felt like the story was building towards a series of confrontations and I felt a little disappointed that we didn't get an explosive ending.
CHERYL J.
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
An Escort for Christmas

Overall this was more than just a hookup for money. It dealt with Julia starvation for a family love. Jameson letting go of pent up anger toward a sibling. Love the family dynamics. Recommend
Mary Gross
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very sexy story

This book was heartwarming and so well written that I had to write a review. I recommend this book to everyone. The ending was fantastic and leave s you without wondering what might happen next. Great read.
Colleen
Nice story. The right amount of everything a romance novella needs.

Cheers

• The Loner's Lady
  • Light My Fire (Sex. Rock. Mafia., #1)
  • Boss's Secret Baby for Christmas
  • Baby Gravy (A Second Helpings Short Story)
  • Wearing Him Down
  • Bride (Deceit Duet, #1)
  • Dr. Dan
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Groom (Deceit Duet, #2)
  • Red Hot Winter
  • Vas  (The V Games, #3)
  • Burning Beauty (Fire & Vice Book 8)
  • Wishboned
  • Claudio: A Dark Mafia Hate Story (Chicago Crime Family Book 2)
  • An Innocent Obsession
  • Tempted by Her Boss (The Renaldis, #1)
  • Cheeky Trifle (A Second Helpings Short Story)
  • Enzo
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When she’s not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli