Start by marking “Waging War (The Immortal Descendants, #4)” as Want to Read:
Waging War (The Immortal Descendants, #4)

Waging War

(The Immortal Descendants #4)

War is being waged against the Descendants and Saira Elian is desperate to stop the Mongers’ savage bid for power…

Saira’s search for kidnapped mixed-bloods draws her into the Mongers’ stronghold, revealing the horrible truth behind the irresistible Monger ring and the vile plan to cleanse Family bloodlines … permanently.

To prevent a brutal massacre, Saira and Ringo
Published January 26th 2016 by Corazon Entertainment (first published January 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Waging War, please sign up.
April Hi Cole - thank you! You guessed right - I'm still writing Cheating Death, and I can't accurately say when it'll release until the first draft is done…moreHi Cole - thank you! You guessed right - I'm still writing Cheating Death, and I can't accurately say when it'll release until the first draft is done and it goes to my editor. I will say this though - it's going to be a big book, with multiple plots to weave together, since it's wrapping up the series and I really dislike when storylines are left unfinished.(less)

Start your review of Waging War (The Immortal Descendants, #4)
April
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's LIVE and available at all major e-book retailers:

Amazon – http://amzn.to/1lQewK1
iTunes – http://apple.co/1Ipis9f
Barnes & Noble – http://bit.ly/21llJSA
Kobo – http://bit.ly/1NhCHLM

And just in case you missed the short story set between Changing Nature and Waging War, you can find it here: http://aprilwhitebooks.blogspot.com/p...
The Lit Bitch
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

For the last couple of years I’ve been a big fan of the Immortal Descendants series! It’s been really fun watching the series evolve and mature over the years!

I love the main characters and the premise for the story so when Waging War came out I naturally agreed to review it!

This has been an absolutely wonderful series full of complex plot lines and developing characters. As I’ve mentioned before in some of my reviews about this series, the first book does a great job setting the world
Grahame
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow. Just wow. This was my favorite in the series so far, which is a big statement because I love them all so, so much. From page one, I couldn't stop reading. So much is happening in the past and the present. The emotion is raw. I loved how the characters became even more open. It's so much fun watching them grow, seeing how they face the difficult things in life.
And this one was definitely for my romantic heart. As always, we get more pieces to Saira and Archer's journey. He's had me from the
Kara-karina
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5
What a fantastic book! I didn't know what to expect because I did not read the synopsis beforehand (this being a series I'm a huge fan of, no synopsis was necessary), so it was a huge surprise when Saira and Ringo went back into Second World War. Without Archer, but to Archer (or his past self).

The war is described brutally. My stomach was churning at some scenes, and I'm glad April White managed to capture all the horrible things both sides did, not just the Germans. Because of the
Stacy
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
April White brings history to life with another fantastic addition to The Immortal Descendants series.

I love reading about Saira's adventures into the past. Time isn't always easy, but Saira is always willing to dive into danger to save those she cares about and stop those that are out to hurt her and her friends. There are some HUGE advancements for Saira and Archer in WAGING WAR. I was particularly shocked with a few of them because Saira has always seemed to hold back a bit, but it all felt
Dan
Check out my blog, One Man Book Club

The Value of a Star: Ratings Explained

These are a few of my favorite things...

I can’t remember what made me pick up Marking Time, the first book of The Immortal Descendants series. Whatever the reason, it was most certainly a moment of brilliant insight on my part. Way to go me!

Each book in the series has been great fun to read, and Waging War didn't disappoint. Time travelers, good guys, bad guys, shape shifters, vampires, action, drama, love, happiness,
Samantha Glass
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Completely gobsmacked! Love this series, enjoy all the twists and turns of the tale and the various time periods we're treated to. Fabulous characters, wonderful intertwining of history, and love stories too. Who could ask for more? Cannot wait for the next episode.
Laurajoyl
This was the best one yet! Each book is better than the last. I wish the next book was already out!!
Veralynne Malone
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG...I loved it...I was devastated with how I thought it was ending, but now I can't wait for the next one to come out. Tomorrow would be fine with me! I can hardly wait!!!
Kate's Corner
“Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?”
― Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone

First off if you haven’t read from the beginning of the series then my review will most likely make no sense at all.
Book 4 in the Descendants series and I am distraught after that ending. I feel as if everything is coming to a head but there are still so many open questions which I will not go in to detail here. Choices are made, hard choices and in the end what happens
Amy
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How I do wish that there were the X a Million option on this star count for ratings!!!

Having read the previous books in this series, I was aware of just what happens when I get caught up in an adventure with these characters. I knew that the suspense and excitement were contagious. The reading gets more intense, right along with the plot and action. April White's ability to create a world within a world, with time and space defied, is breathtaking. It is magical. That she also manages to include
Uniquely Jenn Life & Books
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description
Things heat up in this installment of The Immortal Descendants and there is a great sense of urgency that felt even more consuming and dangerous than previous adventures (and considering all they have gone through I didn’t think it possible). Saira is and for the most part always in danger and that doesn’t change. What changes is how she handles it and those around her. As always she has grown from her past experiences. She matures and show consideration for what others have to say of her
Alison
Book reviewer Tourettes: Argh! Amazing! Nooooooo! WTF?

There is so much going on in this book I don't know where to start.

I hesitated to start reading this as I definitely classify this as a YA book, also Archer's old-fashioned views about sex and marriage felt a little Twilight to me (although TBH I didn't see anything wrong with Edward's views in Twilight until I read other people's comments anyway). But honestly I don't know why I felt any trepidation.

The adventures start when Archer gets a
Ayanami Faerudo
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!!!
Original review at Whatever You Can Still Betray.

There are no words.

Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
April White has masterfully created a fantastical world you can't help but to get lost in. Waging War begins shortly after Changing Nature ends and Saira, Archer, and Ringo are dealing with what has been set in motion by the Mongers in the previous books.

It is very fitting that Saira has to travel to 1944 Europe as the parallels between then and the power struggle with the Immortal Descendants families is very spot on.

Waging War, however is not just about war. We also get my beloved Ringo whose
Darrell Mcfarland
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this series last year with Marking Time and quickly purchased Tempting Fate and Changing Nature which came out in January of 2015. These books are a fast paced, well written, wild ride through time and emotion. You find yourself rooting for the characters and wanting to yell at them out loud! Waging War doesn't hold back... it starts fast and keeps going right up to the cliff at the end. If you don't learn at least one thing about history you didn't know before reading these ...more
rachel aanonson
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!

This book is just as good as the other 3! I love how your on the edge of your seat with every turn of the page! I highly recommend this series to anyone! It's so awesome! I can't wait for the next book in the series!
Fabiana
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recomended
Too short!-I have waited for this book for so long...and then I read it in two days.
Waging war is very good, as all the saga, but now I'm waiting for the last book...
I'm already missing Saira, Archer and Ringo :-)
Dana Faulkner
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book

I waited with great excitement for this book and I wasn't disappointed. The story of Saira, archer and Ringo continues and only gets better. Can't wait for the next book that will hopefully complete their story as we wait to see how it all comes together in the end.
Cat
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
can't wait to review this. Alas, right now i've had a glass of wine and that would lead to severely inappropriate use of .gifs and possible (read: probable) spelling errors.
Rachael
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am on edge waiting for the next book! I soooo need it now!
Tonya Hodgson
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hendrix Eva
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So many feels! Love Bas, hate Doran. Just want to smack Doran's smug little face. ****spoiler**** Time has split? Oh sh*t, here we go again...

Best Laughs:

"Because...boys"

"I've been replaced by a leprechaun, I guess"

"[He's] The adultest adult. Better at adulting than anyone I know"

Favorite Quotes:

"You're mine"

"If I have my way, you'll call me husband"

"You're safe here and I'll keep you warm"

"It's not just who we decide to be. It's who the world sees when they look at us. Do they respect us?
Faith Calhoun
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book Throwing Good!!!

Why would anyone want to throw a book? I know. It's strange. But when I get so wrapped up in an amazing story , so emotionally charged, that when I reach a point in a book that I knew was coming but read on anyway...that's the part when feelings rise and nothing short of tossing the book against the wall, then immediately running to pick it up to finish reading, that's it! That's when you know it has you and that's what makes this series so amazing. The heroine grows so much
Rebecca
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THE BEST IN THE SERIES! Unfortunately, I now have to wait 9-12 months for the fifth. The personal growth of the characters continue to amaze me. It's like watching my daughter's grow to adulthood all over again. Everything from teen angst to independence to bone searing love for friends, family and partner rings true. My biggest complaint, as well as my biggest joy, is the wisdom and maturity reached by the young age of 18 by Saira. I think it is jealousy really. It took me over 50 years and I ...more
Lisa Hunter
Shelves: favorites
Another winner! Highly Recommend! April White is an amazing author and knows how to pull you in and keep you interested. She has great, interesting strong characters and I love how her stories are intertwined with history. This book left me wanting more, like RIGHT NOW.... but then again.....I always do after reading her books. I anxiously await for Book #5 and hope that I will not need a box of tissues. BTW....Logan's abilities are simply amazing....I so envy what he's able to do!
Scarlett Rose
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! The characters are very real and I like how this world works. There's a good balance of action and interaction, with humor among the characters that fits in perfectly with their personalities. This is #4 and I can't wait for #5!
I've listened to the first two books in audio. I hope the third will be coming out soon, as well as the fourth.
Lea
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Adventure

I discovered this series on the recommendation from my favorite author, Elizabeth Hunter. I am so glad I picked up this riveting adventure in time travel. I have absolutely fallen in love with the characters and their stories. Intelligent writing and humorous dialogue make this a delightful read. I can't wait for the next novel!
Arun
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of the Immortal Descendents series and this fourth book doesn't disappoint. Set against the backdrop of WWII, Waging War has less action sequences than its predecessors but sets the stage for an epic series conclusion. The characters are vibrant and exciting and the history is palpable. Can't wait for Cheating Death!
Maria
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have fun storming the castle...

Wow.

I am still at a bit of a loss for words regarding the roller coaster ride through history again. So much goings on! At least this Pandora's box didn't close tightly..... There's still Hope.

I'm sure I'll re-read the series again... If only to shrink the time between being left with a hopeful despair... And Cheating Death.

Again,... Wow.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Night's Reckoning (Elemental Legacy, #3)
  • Grit (7th and Main, #3)
  • Silver Scream (Bed-and-Breakfast, #18)
  • Mummified Meringues (Lexy Baker #10)
  • Alice in Demonland (Demonland #1)
  • Buenos Aires Black (A Jericho Black Thriller Book 0)
  • Hooked (7th and Main, #2)
  • The Spookshow
  • Valley of the Shadow (Elemental World, #4.5)
  • Violet's Story (Creepy Hollow Books 1, 2 & 3)
  • Murder in G Major (Gethsemane Brown Mysteries #1)
  • Midnight Labyrinth (Elemental Legacy, #1)
  • Celtic Viking  (Heart of the Battle #1)
  • The Devil and the Dancer (Elemental Legacy #2.5)
  • I See Me (Oracle #1)
  • The Silent (Irin Chronicles, #5)
  • Blood Apprentice (Elemental Legacy, #2)
  • The Bronze Blade (Elemental World, #2.5)
APRIL WHITE has been a film producer, private investigator, bouncer, teacher and screenwriter. She has climbed in the Himalayas, survived a shipwreck, and lived on a gold mine in the Yukon. She and her husband share their home in Southern California with two extraordinary boys, their dog, various chickens, and a lifetime collection of books.

Book one in the Immortal Descendants series is the 2016

The Immortal Descendants (5 books)
  • Marking Time (The Immortal Descendants, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The Immortal Descendants, #2)
  • Changing Nature (The Immortal Descendants, #3)
  • Cheating Death (The Immortal Descendants, #5)
“I don't know how to choose my purpose - that sounds to big and... significant. But I know who I am, and I've chosen the things that are important to me. I think the best decisions I make about what to do in my life come when I'm being true to both of those things” 3 likes
“But I know who I am, and I’ve chosen the things that are important to me. I think the best decisions I make about what to do in my life come when I’m being true to both of those things.” She” 3 likes