Start by marking “Freed by Him (Fighting Free, #1)” as Want to Read:
Freed by Him (Fighting Free, #1)

Freed by Him

(Fighting Free #1)

He Hurt me
He broke me
He almost destroyed me

Nobody was ever going to do that to me again. I learnt to fight back. I made myself tougher, harder, stronger. I didn't need or want anyone.

Until Nate Masters

Until he made me feel, want, need...

Then my carefully constructed world began falling apart around me. Secrets shattering my faith in those closest to me and with the nigh
Published November 17th 2015 by Amazon Digital Services

Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
When the prologue has you in tears you know you’re about to read something special.

Following a life-changing event at university Lena has built a wall around her heart; imagine the Great Wall of China!! She doesn’t need anyone, especially not a man…..

Enter Nate Masters who will have an automatic entry into you’re Top Ten BBF list. Tall, dark, handsome and tattooed. Oh, and did I mention he’s a policeman? No?! Oops, my bad ;)

The sparks fly from their initial meeting but can Nate scale Lena’s wall
K.A. Graham
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is an amazing debut novel by GL Chapple, and it gave me an emotional rush, and I absolutely fell in love with the characters, especially gramps, which no one will be able to not love, he’s freaking hilarious! Life is full of obstacles and enemies at your door, but it’s what you do to overcome those hurdles that make you who you are. This is a beautiful story of love, loss, and taking back your life.

Lena is a strong willed woman, with work on her mind, leaving not much time for a social life
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cliffhanger, loved-it
This was a really great well written debut novel.

This story is told through two points of view. I really liked the main characters. Lena is a really great strong character. She's a fighter but is afraid to let anyone close in case she gets hurt again.

Nate is a hot sexy tattooed cop who made me swoon. What he wants he fights for and he wants Lena. But is he able to break down those walls she's built to protect herself?

Really brilliant debut novel. This is book one in a two part series. It ends
Maria Naydenova
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ah sigh!! What did you do to me with that one!!!!

This was such a lovely surprise by the awesome Gemma Chapple. Her debut novel just rocked it and left me wanting more of that hot, yummy, sweetness - police officer Nate Masters. He seemed like the ultimate alpha, but at the same time had such a soft side to him that you have no other choice but to fall in love with him!

And Lena Nicholls. She wass such a warrior! So broken, but at the same time so strong! I really struggled and fought along with
Sophie
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Freed By Him is the debut novel from the lovely GL Chapple.

As debuts go, this one is a good solid start. I mean Holy Moly Cliffhanger. The plot line and story has been thought out and executed well. It's fast paced and contains the right balance of story, sex and action. However, I found things were a little repetitive throughout and there appeared to be alot more inner monologue than conversation and interaction between characters.
I really liked Nate, he's described well and wrote perfectly, h
ItaPixie
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

This is a great debut novel that will leave you starved for more.
Lena and Nate,our two main characters,live a half life.After some past tragic events they have trust issues.The walls they have built to keep people away start to crumble thanks to the feelings for each other and their sex chemistry and they choose to move on from their past and to fight for a better future.They are portrayed so well that you cannot not be involved into their lives.
I liked the supporting characters too especially

Crystal
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Lena is a successful business woman. She worked her way up from the bottom of her father’s company after a life changing event caused her to leave college early. She has built up walls to protect herself, no one will hurt her like that again. Nate is a hot alpha cop who has been burned in the past. Nate tries hard to build trust with Lena, to break down the walls she has erected. Will these two be able to work through t
Amo Thomson
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Things on any night out can change so quickly & so drastically, and for Lena it changed her whole out look on life.
Work, friends, structure she doesn't need anything else... Right ?

After having your heart broken and feeling such betrayal by the ones who are suppose to love you the most. Nate Drowns himself in work and his nights out with Marcus are the thing he thinks he's enjoying, but that feeling only lasts so long.... Right ?

I fell so much in love with the characters in this book, I l
Morgan Terry
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It never ceases to amaze me when a debut novel comes out and it feels like a seasoned author has written it. Freed by Him from GL Chapple is exactly that and more! I had the distinct honor of receiving an arc and I can guarantee you that I will immediately one-click on anything GL puts out next!

I love everything about Lena. Even after overcoming terrible events, she's still a strong woman! And even though she hides behind her job, I still love her perseverance and her push!

Nate! Oh Nate. What'
Title: Freed By Him
Author: G.L Chapple
Release Date: November 19, 2015
Cliffhanger: Yes

Freed By Him is G.L Chapple debut book. I binge read this UK-based sexy, mystery romance. I loved Lena. She is strong, smart and independent. This character is no doormat. Then there's Nate, the alpha male cop who might be hiding something. There are a bunch of interesting sub-plots unraveling around a stalker or two, a sibling with a dark side, and an ex-girlfriend/bo
Michelle Trzecinski
Received an ARC from the always sweet GL Chapple... I unfortunately couldn't get into this story the way I was hoping to.
Aaly
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
*** ARC kindly provided by the author of an honest review. ***

If G.L. Chapple can write stories like that for a first novel, she must keep doing it! Just stunning and brilliant!

I don’t know exactly what to expect here and I was definitely surprised in a very good way.
The prologue set you in the mood, just ripped my heart. And I knew that it’s gonna be an emotional journey.

Lena is a fighter and a survivor. After being almost raped, she fought back to move one not be vulnerable ever again. This gi
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
It is very rarely that I come across a debut book and think OMG this is a read that feels like the writer has been around for a while.

Freed by Him is a read that will grab you by the throat and not let go. This is a read that will have you on an emotional rollercoaster and it will not even let you off the ride even when you have finished this book.

Lena is a woman that has put on a strong persona since a tragic horrific event at university. Throwing herself into her career, she has never looked b
Serena
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic debut novel from G.L. Chapple! Freed By Him is definitely an emotional read, full of ups and downs. I love that in a story and the author did a tremendous job bringing me on this journey with Nate and Lena.

I loved both characters! Nate is strong, sexy and caring. He has had his share of tragic events in his life, but he is not going to let those events control his future. And he wants a future with Lena. If he has his way, this hot alpha will get it! Lena is funny, feisty an
Judy Miracle
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can you say about a debut novel that just blows you away? I mean seriously this book flowed from beginning to end and you were so invested in the characters because they were described in such detail that it never seemed to be too much. If anything at times it just wasnt enough and I kept wanting more.

Lena is strong willed and determined to over come the horrible thing that happened to her at University. But how does one get over it if you never talk about it? No one knows the dark secret
Maegan Moores
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
FANTASTIC DEBUT NOVEL!!!

I fell in love with these two characters immediately. Lena portrays herself as this tough-as-nails business woman, but deep down she's still a afraid and scarred from an attack she suffered at the hands of a so-called friend. She's taught herself to fight back and won't be left vulnerable again.

Nate is this sexy-as-sin cop. You've gotta love a man in uniform, right? He's suffered significantly as well from the loss of his beloved parents, and his fiancé who slept with his
Maïwenn  B
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
When the prologue breaks your heart by the embroiled feelings it makes you have and its intensity you know you’re in for a hell of a ride.

Truthfully I was a bit anxious to read Freed by Him as I knew it ended with a cliffhanger. But I read it, and really, really loved it.
I can’t believe it’s GL’s debut book. It feels like she knows how to handle OUR emotions, OUR hopes.

This book deals with a pretty heavy topic and even if it is a theme we tend to find more and more, the way Lena chose to build h
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
What a great debut novel! First thank you GL Chapple for an ARC copy of this book, I truly enjoyed every moment of it.

Lena even with a dramatic event in her past is a strong woman, she worked hard she climb her way to the top on her own in her father’s company, and she can kick major ass. But she holds back, sticks to her plan to keep herself safe physically and emotionally. Nate however walks in and turns that all around, but he has a past too that is haunting him.

The writing is great, story co
Kellie Lalor
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Freed by Him is an outstanding debut novel by GL Chapple & is one I would highly recommend.

Lena is a strong business woman who has climbed her way from the bottom to the top of her father's company. But don't let her feisty demeanour fool you, underneath that tough girl exterior she is vulnerable and has managed to keep everyone at an arms length. She has her job, her family & her best friend Maddie, what more could she need?

Enter Nate who is an ex-military turned police officer, but und
AJ's book-reMarks
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

GL Chapple's debut book Freed by Him is an incredible story regarding a young college woman sexually assaulted at a campus party who never told anyone or received any help. I loved the way Ms. Chapple has written this story with such subject knowledge, understanding, and insights as to what can happen to a person who doesn't deal with the issues at hand. However chooses to bury the ordeal or thinks they have dealt with the issue, o
Darcie (Beer, BOB'S n books ) Book
So as debut novels go freed by him is amazing, GL Chapple writes solidly and pulls you into the story from the very first chapter, I was hooked! And let me tell you, Nate hot arse Masters could possibly be my new BBF, I love how real she made the characters in her book, from Nate and Lena to the hilarious gramps with his witty one liners. This little masterpiece will leave you desperate for more oh and the cliffhanger... Yip your gunna be wishing this lady Hurries up with the next book!!

Definit
Dottie
Feb 13, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 sitting on the edge of my seat stars!

G.L. Chapple is a new author and I think she’s got great potential. Throughout my reading of this book, I found myself entertained by most of it and curious about what would happen next.
Lena is a woman who takes no prisoners. She had an experience while new in college that shaped the way she interacts with men. She has built a wall around herself to protect her from the men of this world whom she finds threatening – simply because they ARE men! She has l
Tricia
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it

So you may have noticed I've been on quite a fantasy and paranormal kick lately. It's been a bit since I have read a contemporary romance. As much as I thoroughly enjoy fantasy, I have to say that it was pretty nice to read this to shake things up a little. I almost forgot how nice a story like this can be. There is a glorious simplicity in a romance story that I really like. Without all the intricate world-building, there is a hard focus on the character's development. Romance is intimate in m
reading the sheets
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lena had escaped a horrifying experience while at university she vowed no one would ever hurt her again,she became stronger,harder training with her friend Paul she never wanted to be in that position again. Never wanting to need anyone she was at the top of her game heading her fathers company she could look after herself,she built the walls high around her heart determined no one would ever get past them until she met Nate Masters.
Nate loves his job as a policeman,hes had his fair share of hur
Sara Miller
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC of this book in exchange for a honest review over on my blog (Pretty Little Book Blog)

After surviving a brutal attack Lena leaves college behind and returns to her hometown to begin a new life. Becoming the strong, successful CEO of her family's company. She has it all, a successful career, a lovely home, a great relationship with her family and friends. Everything except for someone to share her life and love with. In comes Nate, after experiencing some betrayal after returnin
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

GL Chapple's debut novel, Freed By Him, was intriguing and engaging.

The fluid and multidimensional storyline grabs your attention and the connection you form with her characters holds you there.

A traumatic event in college causes Lena to rethink her plans. She leaves school and over time works her way up through her family's shipping business. Lena has promised herself that she will never be a victim again. She works hard to prove that she is a tough and capable woman, both with her career and o
Sarah Queen
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nate and Lena!!!

HOLY.WOW!!! WARNING!!! HUGE Cliffhanger!!!

What a debut!!!
I'm gonna own you Lena, body, mind, heart and soul. You'll be mine, totally, completely and irrefutably mine!!!

Oh swoon!!! Nate Masters...I love him..so much!!
This book grabs and sucks you in from the very first page. One thing you need to know I also love Lena...I have a small girl crush on Lena she's so strong, independent, a ball breaker at work but she's not quite as strong as she thinks when she meets Nate who breaks
Helena Bookhooked
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
What I didn’t realise when I selected this book for review was its part of a series and there is an absolute stinker of a cliffhanger at the end of this book……

This book is a difficult book to review as I did struggle with parts of this book and I will say that it was almost a DNF for me as a seasoned reader who reads up to 5 books a week mostly for review purposes I look for that something special in a book.

The beginning and prologue to this book was great it sucked me in and as a british woman
Keren Hughes
Where to start my review... How do I convey all the feelings this book brought out in me?
Going into this story, I didn't realise just how affected by it I would be. But now, I am sat here with a tear stained face, impatiently waiting for book two to be released so that I can finally get to the bottom of all that's left unsaid in Freed By Him.
In case you don't like cliffhangers, may I suggest waiting for book two to release and then read them together. However, if like me, you love the anticipa
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: can you merge/combine these two profiles 5 18 Nov 24, 2016 07:02AM
  • Bound (Bound Hearts Book 1)
  • Cornish Crusaders MC (South Coast Brothers #2)
  • After the End
  • Wicked Needs (Wicked Bay, #5)
  • I Am Atlas (Playing God, #1)
  • Tortured (Tortured Soul, #1)
  • The Worst of Me
  • Dangerous Moves
  • The Girl with Hearts (Midtown Brotherhood #1)
  • Epic Lies (Epic Fail, #2)
  • Obsession (Obsession, #1)
  • Accepting the Moon (Moonrising, #0.5)
  • The Best Medicine (Dilbury Village #3)
  • Keep It Secret (KIS #1)
  • Bad Company (Company of Sinners MC #1)
  • All That Glisters
  • Not Enough
  • Into the Fire (Into the Fire, #1)
GL Chapple is a girl that always loved to read and write and promised herself that, one day, she’d have a book bearing her name on her shelf. Living in South Wales with her husband and two young children, she’s a thirty something stay at home mother.
She spends a great deal of time at the beach, despite the welsh weather! And loves hot and sunny days…which we never get enough of…
She will read almo

Fighting Free (3 books)
  • Caught by Her (Fighting Free #2)
  • Free Falling (Fighting Free #3)
“I can be your quintessential good guy princess. I'll treat you right; I'll be there for you whenever you need me, even when you think you don't... but don't for one second let that fool you. I'm gonna own you Lena, body, mind, heart and soul. You'll be mine, totally, completely and irrefutably mine.” 1 likes