Start by marking “Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)” as Want to Read:
Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)

Doing It Over

(Most Likely To #1)

Voted Most Likely to Succeed, Melanie Bartlett ended up anything but. The down-on-her-luck single mom wants a complete do-over—is that too much to ask? With her family long gone from River Bend, strong, independent Mel is as surprised as anyone to end up in the quaint small town she once called home. But with her friends, Jo and Zoe, by her side, and a comfortable room at ...more
Published April 19th 2016 by Montlake Romance

Start your review of Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I'm going to keep this review short and sweet because it is so the kind of story that can be summed up in few words. A story that packs a punch and will be over long before you are ready for it to be.

Bybee always writes amazing stories and her latest is not an exception.

With the right amount of of heartache, romance and mystery blended together, this was such a great and fun read.

With outstanding friends, that small town feel, and an adorable seven year old to melt your heart, this is one story
Petra
Catherine Bybee has been my go-to-author for light, entertaining contemporary romance stories with a dash of suspense for quite some time now. With Doing It Over, the first in a new series, she has produced yet another winner.
It is an uplifting story about small town life and lasting friendships. The protagonist, Melanie, is a single Mum returning to her hometown for her 10-year high school reunion. 'Doing It Over' features an adorable 7-year-old, a puppy, a great group of friends, believable
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy, audiobook, romance
Short review. This was okay. Mel was kind of sappy and kind of weak. Wyatt was made of awesome, but possibly a bit too much so. Wyatt's relationship with Hope was endearing and Bybee does kids very well so that was a highlight. There were unfortunate sensational bits tacked on and while I was glad to see they hung together instead of relying on "psychotic psychos being villains because we need villains for story" it still felt like an intrusion in the story I was interested in. Still, it also ...more
Vikki Vaught
4.25 Stars
I became a huge fan of Catherine Bybee’s when I read her Not Quite series, which is fantastic. When I received an invitation from Ms. Bybee’s publisher, via Net-Galley, to read this book in exchange for an honest review, I eagerly accepted. I thoroughly enjoyed Doing It Over. This great book is in the Kindle Unlimited program, and if you’re a member you can read and listen for free!

Melanie Bartlett is back in River Bend for her ten-year class reunion. Her car died just short of town
~ Cariad ~
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reminded me of Kristen Ashley's style of writing, without the rambling dialogue!
I really enjoyed it and I'll be picking up the rest of the series : )
Stacie
3 1/2 Stars!

This a good small town story with a good set of characters and a mystery to solve. I'm sure I will read the other books in the series. I'm interested in Zoe and Luke. Happy reading!
Somia
3 Comfy Stars

Overall this was a nice light read, which I see myself re-reading at some point when I need something very light.

A small town romance with a light dash of suspense, this story shows how important bonds of friendship can be. The romance between the main characters is gentle, and doesn't ripple of the page potently, but it was still nice.

Wyatt's relationship with Hope was endearing.

I was hoping for something more from Nathan when it came to the reason for his stupidity/actions.
Teresa
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Luli
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
You can find this review in English below.

Historia demasiado simplona y empalagosa de gente muy buena a la que le pasan cosas muy malas porque los malos son malísimos.
El romance es insta amor para toda la vida y el suspense es poco realista y muy melodramático.
No es el tipo de historia que me entretiene.

***

This story has been too simple and too sugary about very good people to whom bad things happen because the bad guys are very bad.

The romance is insta love for all our life and the suspense
MsChris1161
Fantastic!! DOING IT OVER just confirmed my stance, Catherine Bybee is a Must-Read author! Doing it Over is the first book in her new trilogy, Most Likely To, which shows the life of three high school friends ten years after graduation starting with Melanie. This new cast of characters are fun to read and get to know in that easy likeable, relatable way Bybee has of making you feel right at home as if they are real people... family, friends, or even neighbors you wish you had.

The romance
Marleen
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This first book in a series of three themed "Most Likely To" reminds a bit of Robyn Carr's books. The characters were certainly sympathetic, with just the right amount of background to make them believable, although the reader shouldn't expect anything too deep. It's a light romance after all, but with strong women, and that's refreshing.
The small town of River Bend, somewhere remote in Oregon is the backdrop for this book, where a trio of good friends meet up again for their tenth year reunion.
♥ Joy Joy ♥
My first book by this author and I'm disappointed. Disappointed because this is the first in a brand new series, which means I have to wait for Jo's and Zoe's stories!! haha.

Thoroughly enjoyed this book (if you couldn't tell by the 5 star rating). It was sweet, easy to get into, the characters were enjoyable, and the story had enough hints of various intrigue and drama to keep you from putting it down.

I really hope the next book and the overall series turn out just as well as this one.
Jules
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this audiobook. Loved the characters and being a part of their lives for the last two days. I look forward to reading/listening to more books by this author.

I borrowed this in audiobook format through Amazon Kindle Unlimited.
Jessica Frances
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Doing It Over is the first book in a new trilogy by Catherine Bybee. There is a lot to love about this book. A supportive sisterhood of friends, a beautiful town who look out for each other, an idealistic world where things can turn around if you just hold on long enough, and a little bit of mystery over an ex-husband causing problems. Reading this book felt like entering a new world, while floating on a cloud above everyone as you watched everything slowly unfold. I fell into these pages and ...more
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Oh my goodness I loved this so much. Totally refreshing and engaging. A sweet sexy love story with just the right amount of suspense and mystery.
Wyatt had that good guy thing going on but made it hot at the same time. Melanie showed true gritt and strength.

These two were just so sweet together.
Can't wait to read more by this author. Thanks C because you knew just what I needed.

FYI it's % Safe and #kindleunlimited plus Audio is FREE
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Doing It Over had a very nice mix of romance and suspense. Small-town, tight friendships, and hot romance. Mel and Wyatt were amazing - and so was Mel's daughter, Hope.
Pam
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have loved many of Ms. Bybee’s books and was very excited to see she is starting a new series. Her character development and intriguing stories are always entertaining and this is no exception.

Melanie Bartlett was a star in high school and voted most likely to succeed. When she was growing up, her family looked perfect, but the cracks were starting to show by the time she finished high school, derailing her college plans. And to top it off, a disastrous relationship that produced only one good
Tonyalee
I've always held a soft spot for small town romances. I love the vibe, the gossip just everything about it. Other than that, and the second chance aspect, I had no idea what to expect from Doing it Over. Which is a good thing, too, because there was a lot that took me by surprise!

We meet Melanie on her way to her 10-year high school reunion, her child Hope, and beat up car in tow. After arriving, she decides to stay and work with Ms. Gina and the inn, and of course, there's the budding romance
Lisa Filipe
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Do you know when you start a book and from page one, you just know you are going to love it? Well, that is what happened with DOING IT OVER. Catherine Bybee writes a hero, Wyatt and heroine, Melanie, that every time their eyes meet, you get those little butterflies in your belly. Like a brand new crush, I anticipated each new time they would meet, and watching their feelings grow and Melanie gaining a little confidence was just incredible to watch. and Hope, she was such a great addition to the ...more
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
**My thanks to NetGalley and Montlake Romance, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

I have always loved each and every book that i have picked up by this author and this book is no exception.

Melanie has come back for her ten year high school reunion, but the last ten years have been nothing like what Melanie had expected or planned for.

Wyatt and Melanie's first encounter is not the best, however after a proper first encounter the attraction is very much there, especially on
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
It was so so hard to finish this book. And I have to admit, I skipped like 10 chapters to get to the end simply because the romance part was a dead dead dead. I mean, there was no spark at all for me between Mel and Wyatt. And from the get go, you know what the whole book will be about once Mel's absentee Ex shows up to lay claim to the daughter he hadn't seen in years.

I love the return to small town and making a go at life. I love the premise of three best friend 10 years later finding
Irene
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

Doing It Over was a good read and a solid start to the Most Likely To series.
The characters were likable, relatable and very entertaining. I enjoyed the friendships and the relationship between Wyatt and Melanie was engaging and kept me turning the pages.

I'm a big fan of Catherine Bybee's writing, once again she's given us a well written story with strong characters that leave you full of happy feels.

*Thank you to Montlake Romance via NetGalley for the advance copy.*
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
This was a nice change of pace with a bit of mystery thrown in. The romance felt a bit rushed but the banter was good - best line I've heard in awhile: "Good God, parenting is a bipolar disorder!"

Cristina Panfilio is the reason I picked this up on audio. She is fantastic.
Charlie
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Skinny
Melanie Bartlett returns to her hometown of River Bend a week before her 10 year reunion, as she promised her two best friends when they graduated high school. The three were inseparable as teens but have grown apart over the years as usually happens. But Melanie is back in town and down on her luck, desperately needing for her car not to break down. But it does one furiously rainy night. After refusing the help of a stranger, he calls the Sheriff – none other than her best friend Jo.

Annette  Dahl "Old Vicarious Reader"
"Sometimes it's good to go home!" I really liked this story. Wyatt and Mel falling in love was so sweet, slow and realistic. Miss Gina reminded me of myself, that was fun...LOL..

Wyatt was a dream come true. Especially for a struggling single mom.

Mel was sweet and deserved to find her Prince Charming.

Hope was an adorable child that deserved to have a Knight come into her life, both 2 and 4 legged.

I was somewhat disappointed in Ms. Bybee writing style, but not enough to not enjoy the story.
Mary McFarlane
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was very good. Much more of a thriller then her other books I've read have been but I still really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next book in this series
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Wrong book, wrong time.
Maybe some other time, this'll be a perfect read.
Chan
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well Done Catherine Bybee!
description/

Writing: Catherine is a good writer, but there were too many POVs. When every character has a POV it becomes too much.

Characters: Melanie was a great MC. Her mental thought processes were believable. Her daughter, Hope was funny, but a lot of what she said was beyond her years. Wyatt's actions were swoon worthy. He was honest and real. A little more time with Mel would have been nice, but he was a great boyfriend.

Miss Gina...my favorite of all. We all need a Miss Gina
Anna
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this start of a new series. I love all of Catherine's books and was excited for this one. Full of charm, sexiness, laughter and fraught with danger no one expects this is one you don't want to miss.

Life doesn't always turn out like you expect it will and that was no exception for Melanie. Voted most likely to succeed, she had everything going for her when life got in the way. Now without her college degree and a mother to a little girl, she is coming back home for a fresh
Vickie
Doing It Over is the first in a new series by Catherine Bybee, an author I enjoy reading. After experiencing hard times, Melanie Bartlett moves back to her small hometown with her adorable daughter and is immediately surrounded by the love and support of her friends. Her ex-husband shows up in town, along with some shady characters, and attempts to gain custody of their daughter. I liked the development of the relationship between Melanie and Gibson, very cautious! Also, the little twists and ...more

• The Memory of You (Sanctuary Sound, #1)
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
  • The Promise of Us (Sanctuary Sound #2)
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
  • When You Knew (The Cabots, #3)
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • Unexpectedly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #3)
  • Joyfully His (Sterling Canyon, #3.5)
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
  • My Kind of Forever (Trillium Bay, #2)
  • The Wonder of Now (Sanctuary Sound, #3)
  • Worth the Trouble (St. James, #2)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
  • In the Cards

Finalist RT Award in Contemporary Romance
Fiance by Friday

New York

Most Likely To (3 books)
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
  • Making It Right (Most Likely To #3)
“She wanted to kill her, hold her . . . strangle her . . . scold her . . . love her to death. Good night, parenting was a bipolar disorder.” 1 likes