Start by marking “Larkin's Letters” as Want to Read:
Larkin's Letters

Larkin's Letters

As Ryan Boone struggles to come to grips with not being able to keep a promise he made to his dying wife, Larkin's Letters propels readers into the mind of Ryan as he struggles with frequent visits from her ghost and a series of letters she left behind.

Paperback, Second Edition, 218 pages
Published 2015 by Jax Jillian (first published June 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Larkin's Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Larkin's Letters

Drue DePompei-Hoffman
Yes you read that correctly I'm giving this first time author a 5 star review of her beautifully heartbreaking love story called Larkin's Letters. Why you ask? Because its an absolutely elegantly written story. 10% in and I was already crying.

After a lifetime of being best friends Ryan and Larkin realize they are in love with each other. Not just in love, but the deep life changing, soul soothing love that we all dream of falling in to. They complete each others life.

Larkin has passed away and h
Camila Matuella
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 *muitas lágrimas* estrelas

Eu realmente não sei muito bem o que dizer sobre esse livro, lindo, apaixonante, de doer o peito.

Como eu queria que esses dois tivessem mais tempo, como eu queria que tudo desse certo, mas querer não é poder e nós sabemos que muitas vezes todas as preces e orações não dão certo, que a vida é recheada de obstáculos.

Que se apaixonar pode doer muito, porém pode ser a nossa cura e o momento mais feliz de nossas vidas, que o tempo pode até ser limitado, contudo se gasto
Kelli
I've been sitting here, staring at the screen trying to find the words to describe my reading experience with this book. I don't know if it's possible; I don't think words can do it justice. Intense? Heartbreaking? Inspirational? Moving? None can adequately describe the effect this book had on me. I promise to do my best though.

If you have seen the movies A Walk to Remember or P.S. I Love You and enjoyed them, this book is for you. Larkin's Letters is a beautifully written story of love and lo
Amy
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Larkin’s Letters

Jax Jillian

5 stars and lots of crying

I don’t really know how to review this book. Its was personal for me in the sense that I watched my 14 year old nephew diagnosed with Leukemia, fight for 3.5 years and come out on top. He has a love that stood by him the entire time he was fighting; his story has a happy ending. Soon to be 18 he is living his life to the fullest; beating the odds. So, on that note I will do my best to put what I felt while reading this into words for you.

This
Sassy Southern Book Affair
I'm not even quite sure where to begin with this book. I know I can say this without a doubt, if you don't cry when reading this book then you have absolutely no humanity. This book really hit home with me because I had a good friend who passed away from cancer shortly after I finished reading this book. It was so very difficult to put myself in his wife's place, having to mourn, and finding a way to move forward in life without him. Granted, they had two kids together so she really didn't have ...more
Stephanie
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was shocked to find out that this book is Jax Jillian's debut novel. This was such a wonderfully written book and I loved every minute of it.

We know from the outset of this book that Larkin has passed away. The insidious cancer claimed her life even though she fought long and hard with Ryan at her side. We meet Ryan suffering through his grief when he finally decides that maybe it's time he reads the letters Larkin wrote to him during her two year struggle with cancer. The letters he did not k
DJ Sakata

Favorite Quotes:

“It had taken a tragedy to make him realize that he not only wanted to show her his world, but in fact, he had wanted to be her world.”

“Larkin, all I ask is that you give me today so I can prove to you that I am your tomorrow.”

“In your letters, you often ask me why I was so good to you. Larkin, all I did was love you.”

My Review:

Books rarely make me cry and seldom cause me to even tear up. I have read the same books that other reviewers claimed they cried the whole way through, t
Shelly Wygant
Have your Kleenex ready for this heartbreaking story of love and loss. Even though Ryan and Larkin have been friends for life when tragedy happens they soon realize their true love for each other. Even though Larkin has passed Ryan still struggles to go on without her. With the letters Larkin has left him she helps him heal an be able to move on with his life.

Ms. Jillian has done a fabulous job of allowing you to get to know the characters. This is no easy feat as Larkin has already passed so we
sue
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tours
I read this book in one sitting.

As I got past the story and onto letter 2, I had to take myself away to my bedroom to continue to read.

Most of the time I couldn't read out of blurred vision and a need to keep blowing my nose and wiping my tears as they were falling thick and fast down my cheeks.

Its left me a sniveling wreck.

That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it, I did.

Jax Jillian has written this book so true to life, this could be a real life drama that anyone can experience or know of.

Its taken
Deborah Bean
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Larkin’s Letters by Jax Jillian just undone me. I had to read this story in stages as my heart broke right along with Ryan’s. This is a beautiful story about trying to survive the death of the one you love the most. They were best friends growing up and remained friends their whole lives. What they did not realize it that they loved each other above all others. It took a tragedy to open their eyes.
The read gets a glimpse of their life together through the letters that Larkin left behind for Ryan
Ajs  Book Reviews
I was gifted a copy by author for an honest review.

Let me just say it took me a few days to gather my thoughts about this book. The book was written perfect! I got to letter two and was crying my eyes out! After that I had a hard time reading threw blurry eyes.

Ryan and Larkin are best friends and after some time finally realize that they are in love with each other. When Larkin finds out she has Leukemia she can’t find a way to tell Ryan so at first she starts to write him a letter then continue
books are love
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will shatter you. There are no words to describe it's beauty, love and just how wonderful and amazing the story is. Ryan is soo soo amazing, kind, sweet, beautiful inside and out. and Larkin is gorgeous both inside and out. their story is beautiful, kind, romantic, heart wrenching, wonderful, sad and incredible. Have kleenex at the ready because you will surely need them. It's like a beautiful love song that you wish would go on forever.

Larkin and Ryan were best friends since childhood
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Blurb:

Ryan has worked hard to become one of Hollywood's most sought-after actors, but no matter how famous he became, he always remained loyal to his childhood best friend, Larkin James. When Larkin is diagnosed with leukemia, Ryan sacrifices his
Red Cheeks Reads
Larkin’s Letters is a beautiful love story about falling in love and living for today. Larkin James and Ryan Boone have been childhood best friends. Both lived their lives down different paths and had spouses they loved at the time. When Larkin is diagnosed with leukaemia, the lives of Larkin and Ryan change. Larkin begins to writing letters to Ryan and explain their days together, past and present. Hold on tight to your tissue box because as you read you’ll be grabbing for a tissue!

“Ryan, I lo
Deb
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! - It has taken quite a while to compose this review :o ... Not because it was bad, but because it was too good, too real & too heart wrenching! ... Get a big box of tissues handy & make sure you have plenty of time to read, coz you won’t want to stop turning the pages once you get started!

- I really prefer happy endings, but I had a feeling this may not have one which I will NOT clarify one way or the other at this time with a spoiler ;) ... If you start to feel some situations seem
Kayla West
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness...perfect...absolutely perfect.

I honestly did not know how this story was going to be executed when I decided to read and review it. Based on the title I knew there were going to be letters involved, but that is all I basically thought it would be. I never thought it would impact me as much as it did.

This story is truly heartbreaking and freeing at the same time. It focuses on the love of two friends that evolves in the face of tragedy into something so pure...so one-in-a-lifetime
Lisa Zeigler
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find it difficult to write this review because I was so overwhelmingly sad and sobbing by the end of this story. It was such a beautiful, moving story and makes me think of some of the Nicholas Sparks type of stories with love and loss but a wonderful journey along the way.

I was envious of the love that Ryan and Larkin have for each other and one that will last even after leaving this earth. The story is a mixture of sweet, bittersweet, happy, sad, but above all, an everlasting love.

Ryan and L
Claudia Burgoa
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
Review To ComeBack in the 2K decade I discovered two of my favorite Irish girls:

Marian Keyes and Cecelia Ahern… Read all their books, the great and the not so great ones. Three of my favorite books from them are:

Anybody Out there? By Keyes

Love, Rosie & P. S. I love you by Ahern

Have you read any of those? I highly recommend them. Both of Ahern’s are movies now.

Their plots are either about finding out you were always in love with your childhood best friend, letters from someone you’ll never se
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
When you find the love of your life, always make sure you let them know how much they mean to you. Time is precious and when you waste time away from your love ones there is always regreats.

Ryan and Larkin had been best friends since childhood. As they grew up and Ryan moves to California to become a huge Hollywood star, Larkin stays behind and married the guy she tought was "the one". Their friendship never suffered on the other hand they became so closed even when they were far away.

Both havin
Francine \
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well-written, Larkin's Letters leaves an undeniable mark in it's reader's hearts as it takes them in a journey with Ryan as he reads the letters Larkin left him. Jax Jillian knows how to manipulate words in order to bring out the maximum possible emotions from it's reader's. Jillian's version of true love makes one long for a love that is boundless and everlasting, a lifetime of love. Beautiful characters dominate the book. Larkin's struggles with leukemia brought out her gentle yet courteous na ...more
Ruthie Taylor
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review from the author."

Eight hours after finishing it, my eyes still ache and the tissue box is empty. Admittedly I am a bit of a tearful person, but this story soaked the pillow. Luckily I was reading alone, or it could have been a bit embarrassing!

As we know from the very beginning the major tragedy of the story, it is definitely the talent of the author that ensures it is a hugely emotional journey. I can't imagine it was an easy book to writ
Tabitha Jones
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

All I can say about this book is that you will so be crying your eyes out and sopping up those tears with a dish towel. Well at least I did. This book is filled with love, patience , kindness, commitment, heartache and passion.I just cannot say enough about this book. What a dedication of love. Larkin a struggling screenplay writer is hit with Leukemia and vows to herself that she wants her husband to keep his promise and not let her die alone. The letter that Larkin writes to her husband (Ryan)
Sportochick
5 STARS

Simply put, this first book by Jax Jillian, is an amazing love story that will wring your heart and use up a box of kleenex.

What I like about this story was the fact that everything was not perfect that there is sadness, hurt, misunderstanding, and laughter. In spite of everything the overwhelming theme is loving someone so much that you put everything on hold for them.

There are no words that can appropriately describe this book. It is a must read and should be on every persons reading l
Book Worms  United
Larkin's Letters will leave a lasting impression on you. As you take the journey through the lives of Larkin and Ryan, you feel all the different emotions that both have dealt with thru the years. Larkin and Ryan learned the hard way what real love is. It took a devastating event to bring them back together. Thru the letters you learn that hope always exist, friendships always bind, love will always conquer and you will always find peace with closure. Take the journey with Larkin and Ryan, highl ...more
Trista Priest
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through Drue and Sassy's Review Team. I was warned to have a box of tissue with me when I read this book, but that doesn't even begin to warn you on the heart wrenching emotions that can be felt while reading this book. Ryan has lost his life long best friend and lover. The author did an amazing job of allowing her readers to know the characters through Larkins letters. The book is written in such a way that you truly feel as if you ...more
Hooked On Books
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was an extremely beautifully written story. It is a story of True Love.
This follows Ryan Boone trying to come to terms with the death of his wife Larkin. His friend gives him a pile of letters that Larkin asked him to give to Ryan after her death. He still sees her ghost prompting him to read the letters.
The subject of Larkin’s illness was written about so well, it was a true portrayal, but not too gory.
I found the story heart breaking but uplifting at the same time.
This is a must read, bu
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a fantastic debut novel that will stay with me for a long time.

Through Larkins letters we read from Larkins point of view. We read of her pain from when she was diagnosed. These letters are to help Ryan get through losing the love of his life.

Grab some tissues and be prepared to read this beautifully heart wrenching story of Larkin and Ryan's love for one another.

If your looking for a tear jerker then I highly recommend this story.
Jesk Krita
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Larkins letters is a deeply emotional book about a man recovering from his wife and best friends death. I enjoyed this book, and got a lovely book hangover. The story was amazing, and it took me a while to get through it simply because I was just so strung out right along with Ryan. Did I want to open the next letter with him or wait it out with an interruption? I just paused myself and took the emotions Jax poured out of the book in doses.
Lynn - Sassy Southern Book Affair
I have to say that I'm only 13% in and I'm crying already. I'm hooked and have already decided I will need to read all day today...if emotionally possible. To be continued...

Finished the book this afternoon and still can't seem to find the right words to say. All I can say right now is that it is amazingly beautiful and realistic.
Peggy
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC FOR HONEST REVIEW*

WOW!!! What an amazing story of love and sorrow! This book is heart grabbing from the start! The journey Ryan lives with his wife Larkin. You will need tissues while reading this book! I can't describe just what this book will make you feel or just enough about this book, but I can say you will want to read this book!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Chasing Stars (Crossing Stars, #1)
  • The Reluctant Romantics Box Set (The Fall, The Mind, The Heart)
  • Murder, Mystery & Dating Mayhem (The Gray-Haired Knitting Detectives Book 1)
  • Daring the Wild Sparks (Wild Sparks, #2)
  • Almost Too Far (Almost Bad Boys, #2)
  • The Darker Side of Trey Grey (Trey Grey, #1)
  • The Rebound List: A Sexy & Romantic Women's Fiction Novel
  • Dare to Breathe
  • Fake Boobs
  • Rage (The Sound Wave Series, #2)
  • Your Exception
  • Nancy's Theory of Style
  • Nearly Mended (Nearly, #2)
  • Crossing the Line
  • Writing Our Song: A Billionaire Romance (Our Song, #1)
  • Just Like Heaven (Jersey Strong #3)
  • Chasing Wishes
  • Havoc
Jax Jillian was born in Albuquerque, NM but before she turned a year old, her parents moved east to Harrisburg, PA where she was raised. After graduating high school in 1995, Jax attended La Salle University (1999, B.A., Communication), Temple University (2001, M.Ed, Sport & Recreation Administration), and Central Pennsylvania College (2005, A.A.S, Physical Therapist Assistant).

She settled in