Start by marking “The Sustainability Secret: Rethinking Our Diet to Transform the World” as Want to Read:
The Sustainability Secret: Rethinking Our Diet to Transform the World

The Sustainability Secret: Rethinking Our Diet to Transform the World

The 2014 groundbreaking documentary Cowspiracy presents shocking truths about the effects of animal agriculture on the planet. One of the leading causes of deforestation, rainforest destruction, greenhouse gas production, water consumption and pollution, habitat loss, species extinction, ocean dead-zones, topsoil erosion, and a host of other environmental ills, animal agri
Published November 17th 2015 by Insight Editions LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Sustainability Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sustainability Secret

Tiffany Guthrie
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I believe everyone, from kids in school to adults, should read this book. It is very informative, and packed full of information that everyone should be aware of.
Gino
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, giveaway
A very informational book. Already being a vegan and animal rights activist I already knew quite a bit of the information in the book. But there is a lot of info that supplemented what I knew and helped me gain a better understanding of what's going on with factory farming and all the other animal food industries. This is a great book for anyone who really wants to know about factory farming and what goes into producing meat and dairy.
Carlynn
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not being overdramatic when I say this book changed my life. There is no going back to my old ways after having read The Sustainability Secret - I have learned things I cannot unlearn, I have finally decided to care about the broken aspects of this world I previously tried to ignore, and through learning and caring I have been inspired to do something about my new understanding and knowledge of the way our world works. My childhood was spent on farmlands, eating animals and animal products ...more
Jeffrey Cohan
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you liked the documentary “Cowspiracy,” and you like to read, then you will like this book.

That’s a pretty safe statement, because “The Sustainability Secret” is “Cowspiracy” in book form, nothing less and only slightly more.

In the format of a book, our friends Kip and Keegan could have delved a lot deeper into the subject matter, but at a mere 165 pages, they didn’t venture much beyond their truly excellent film.

But that’s OK. The facts and statistics about animal agriculture and the enviro
Sophia
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ALL. THE. YES.
'Cowspiracy' has the perfect amount of complexity & information, storytelling & personal touch as well as a solid base of research. It's different from my beloved 'Eating animals', but it's so worth reading. In fact I believe it's THE book to read if you wanna know about the sustainability of different diets & all the environmental effects they have. It's also a really nice addition to the documentary.
I'm actually making this my new staff pick at work, so EVERYONE WI
Kit
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're interested in environmentalism and/or animal rights, then this is the book to read. I was a vegetarian for over twenty-five years before becoming a vegan some six years ago. During this time I've read many books on animal rights and several on environmental issues by organisations and people who, I thought, knew what they were talking about. However, it wasn't until I read, "Cowspiracy" did I realise not only how wrong most of them were, but also how little I actually knew!
Jane Brewer
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I read this/watched the documentary and am not sure what to say. The documentary is good but the visuals in the book really help. The information is disturbing. In a way, I'm sorry I know this information because it makes me responsible now. What to do...what to do?

I won this through a Goodreads giveaway.
Mike He
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cowspiracy is a must-read for those who can't live without animal meat for a meal. Hats off to authors Kip Andersen and Keegan Kuhn for courageously and assiduously exposing, based on convincing facts, of what seems to be the No.1 culprit of global warming climate change.
Zoe Smith
I loved the documentary so much that I searched online to see if a book was out. I found it online and ordered a copy immediately.
Jason
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am off the fish and dairy. guess I am vegan now.
Susan
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This amazing research project into food agriculture reads like a whodunnit and I want to know how it ends. Was left wanting more after the last page. But maybe we can't really face how it will end!
Brian Hinton