Start by marking “The Devil's Beauty” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  611 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Dimitri Tasarov has never had a choice in what he was. From infancy, he had been raised with the knowledge that he was a monster, an unlovable creature without a soul, until a single act of kindness threw his entire world into a tailspin.

Ava Emerson had always led a reluctantly sheltered existence. Friendship was a luxury that came with questions she couldn’t afford to ans
Published July 19th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Beauty, please sign up.
Airicka Phoenix Hey! Sorry I missed this. In three days!! July 19th!! ^_^

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Devil's Beauty
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
 photo image_zps7dpsmviq.jpeg

This book was good. It had everything alpha male, Mafia corruption, cold hearted family members, lies, heartache, sex trafficking, kidnapping and hot sex! Dimitri and Ava were awesome. I loved both of them.

Ava has loved Dimitri since she was ten. Her stepdad finds out they were dating and threatens Dimitri to leave her alone. And he does for eight years.
 photo image_zpsftwubgih.jpeg

Then he comes back and swears he'll never leave her again. Oh if it was only that easy.
 photo image_zpstprjqdyk.jpeg

There's a fight over territories and a lot o
CaRo
Jun 12, 2018 added it
DNF 65%
I never stop to a read a book this late in a story but if I have to read one more stupid thing ava does to endanger herself I am going to lose my shit. Honestly how stupid can one girl be... also the rest of the story is boring and Dimitri and ava have no chemistry... nope just nope.
This book just doesn't work for me.
Mizz Latte

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Ava): 25yrs old – 2/5
Hero (Dimitri): 31yrs old – 3/5
Plot: 1/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none
HEA: yes but no epilogue
Triggers: human trafficking

Average score: 1/5 - DNF

Best Line: This right here made him my hero:
“There was no one looking out for the lost souls swallowed up by the city. But he would.”

Personal Review:
This was a dark romance between a ‘princess’ who gets whatever she wants and a bastard (and I mean bastard
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Between 3 stars (first 30%) and 5 stars (the rest of the book).

I'm not lying, the first 30% were good but I expected more from Airicka. Ava was a little too sweet and mellow. Dimitri was a little "tame" for a mobster.

But something dreadful happened to Ava and the book went from "ok but not more" to "haha, that's good and suspenseful and horrific and...! Will she make it?".

From that moment on, it was action, action and some more action with bullets flying, appartments exploding, best friend rigge
Three Chicks
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

“Because to love someone, really love someone, you need to have faith in them, even when they do stupid things.”

Ava Emerson is the step daughter of John Paul Morel, a powerful and rich man. Although she can’t stand her mother, Charlotte, Ave adores him and she is the light of his life. Charlotte is cold and calculating and Ava wonders why John Paul married her, yet alone is still married to her.

For the first half of her life, Ava was introduced to people as Charlotte's niece,
Villains Do It Better
4.5 Devil Stars!

Loved both of these books, and sad to see them go. I wish there were more in this series I enjoyed them so much. They are both so different from the books releasing lately which makes me like them more. The characters are more realistic, no one is invincible, but they're all strong characters which I love. No unnecessary angst or drama, no OW drama, no weak characters. There was some humor, but this one was more emotional to me, and I may have cried at a couple points.

I loved th
Amber
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This chick has done it again. Airicka Phoenix never ceases to leave me with such a book hangover. The Devil's Beauty is one book you dont want to miss out on. It's got it all the hot guys, money, crime lords and lots of hot scenes. Once I started reading this book, I couldnt stop, the author has you in a trance like no other, you can't help but want to know whats coming next from each page, each chapter, each character, you get sucked into this world. Ava and Dimitri's relationship and the event ...more
tinyteaplots
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: zz-2018-read, dnf
I kept picking this up, because I had loved Transcending Darkness and therefore had high hopes for this read, but it just wasn't meant to be.
Really, really disliked the heroine.
French Press Bookworm Blog
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wish I could give it more than 2 rating!

2.5-3 for the first 30ish or so percent. There was so much going on that my head was spinning. And to felt the drama was just unnecessary!

Rest of the book 5 stars all the way! I loved there love story. Their second chance. The love never wavered. You don’t get this sense of life with them not together. You almost feel like no time as passed. Oh the I ending! I cried! I so wish there was more of an epilogue but you still get that sense of forever without
Melissa Mendoza
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Ava Emerson had always led
A little birdie told me...
Man, that Airicka Phoenix sure can weave a complicated web. The problem with that is that I almost need to make charts and graphs to keep up with all the characters and details. Almost.

I love her writing, though. She can write a long story with a lot of words, but it never really feels drawn out or tedious. She does, however, force the reader to slow down. This is by no means a quick and easy read. You have to savor it slowly.

Being from the U.S., we have certain stereotypes of Canadians that m
Julia
*sigh* This book could have been so much better than it was. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for buildup and suspense but that was all this book really was without the payoff of a fantastic ending; instead it was just "meh." The romance part took a backseat up until 75% of the story, and I didn't connect with the H much at all either. He had a lot of romantic thoughts about the h, but they just stayed in his head and he didn't act of any of them cause "it was too dangerous" *eyeroll* Once he did fin ...more

ARC courtesy of publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Boundless Book Reviews
I really wanted to love this book, I did.  I loved the first book in the series, Transcending Darkness; sadly I just had trouble getting into the story of The Devil’s Beauty.

There are some points in the story that just don’t make sense to me, the syndicate being one of them.  I get what it is in a broad term, but what I don’t get was how Dimitri is able to take over a seat. He then is miraculously all rich and powerful.  It didn’t make sense to me.  Then there was the thing with his father hati
Ashley Cestra
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, beta
The Devils Beauty was such a rush, just amazing!
It featured all of my favorite topics: darkness, pain, murder, sex, kidnapping, love, abuse, and hurt. ( I'm not twisted, but this author may be ( jk!))
Airicka Phoenix certainly knows how to get into a dark mindset and pound out incredible reads! All of her books are on click buys for me,hands down.
AND Oh man! is there a lot of hot sex throughout this story. Talk about squirming in my chair! These scenes were awfully realistic and filled with su
Heather Pollock
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#review #NewRelease @AirickaPhoenix

QueenZany 4.5 Star Review

by Airicka Phoenix

I'm so excited about “The Devil's Beauty”!!! Yes if you know anything about me. Then you know I'm a complete Mafia Slut.
So of course I had to have this book!! Man it did not disappoint. Storyline somewhat magical! With a death defying love that you can not live without! Yes but utter surreal at the same time. Yup I had a bookhanger by the end.

Arc was provided in exchange for an h
Heather andrews
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved it when Dimitri would tease his woman, it showed that he was actually human, and not all 'I kill people now's type of man', "the forearm lifted a fraction and he squinted at her with one opened eye. “Woman.” His low warning had her biting back a grin." Dimitri is quite the possessive alpha male, "he did look angry now when he turned his attention back to Julian. “Anything happens to her, I don’t give a eff who you are, I will burn your effing life to the ground.” I loved this book ...more
L.L. Hunter
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ms Phoenix's return to the literary world couldn't come soon enough! Her latest installment doesn't disappoint at all. In fact, it excites and it arouses. I love this woman's descriptive words and her writing. I live for it. She makes you feel every breath the character's live. I don't normally read anything of this genre, but this i loved. It is dark yes, but not completely R rated. So if you are not a fan of the dark and twisted this genre usually promotes, i say give The Devil's Beauty a try. ...more
Kassandra
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Strong lead characters, exciting plot, adventure, heartache, love, loss and a HEA. I started the Devil's Beauty thinking I'd have to start and stop several times. Boy was I wrong. Read the whole thing in one day. I'm now going back to read book one.
I was given a ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Socially Book Nerd
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy for an honest review
OH MY GOD!!! I am falling off my seat... beside myself. This book has left me speechless. Lots and lots of action, adventure, lust, steamy steamy scene and Crime!!! Mawwahhh! (Evil Laugh) The pages turn all by themselves, and before you know it THE END and you are left sitting there........ with ONE massive book hangover.
Rachel K
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

I liked a lot about this book, but there were some instances where things were mentioned or you would think something was going to happen...and then in the next chapter, it was like it had never happened in the first place. A few things weren't wrapped up, but I still enjoyed it. Especially everything to do with Penny (side character). I'm hoping she gets a story very soon!

Jos
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
2-2.5 Stars at best

Sadly, I didn't quite enjoy this story. It totally had the makings of a great read but the execution of the storyline was flat and boring for me:( I felt like I was skimming to get to any "good" parts!

Unfortunately this was a miss but I am still up for reading more by this author in the future!
Sara
Aug 01, 2016 added it
2 stars. Review to follow on Boundless Book Review
🅙𝔲𝔩𝔷
2.5 stars. The plot has too many holes in it. Allot of it didn't make sense. The writing wasn't bad though. ...more
Vieve
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
was good!!!
It took me time to read because I had left it half way through because I was simply bored.

Dimitri... This character was my favourite. He had the right amount of darkness. His past was horrible and I can't possibly picture his unloved life. I just can't. At the start, I was so angry at him that he left her without saying anything, but as the memories revelated... It was clear that it wasn't his fault. He is so good!! He made me remember of Arrow, he was vigilante and saved his city a
Olga Miret
A dark fairy tale with sex, violence and some conscience I must clarify a few things before I write this review. First, due to problems with the system I did get the book much later than I expected so I read it at quite a pace and didn’t have time to savour it. I’m also aware that I read an ARC copy and there were some issues I found with the book (that I won’t mention here as I’m sure they won’t be a problem with the definite version published) that might have affected my full enjoyment of the ...more
Jade Violet
Devil's Beauty was way way too long. Reading the first 38-40% of this book was like pulling teeth. There were things that were disjointed and didn't make sense and things (like entire paragraphs) that didn't add anything or were completely extraneous. Finally about 40% in we start to get an actual story but still the first 40% had swamped it down so much it was hard to discover any enthusiasm for some time. The middle of the book finally has things beginning to happen and some coherency which is ...more
Jessica
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Honestly I have read better from A. Phoenix. This story fell short, it had so much potential but not that wow factor. It took me forever to read. I left half way through, read another book, then came back. Once I stared it again I pretty much skimmed until I got to the good parts. I just couldn't connect with the story. There really isn’t anything that make the story stand out. Felt horrible for Dimitri the way his father treated him. His reasons were some what justified but at the time he was o ...more
Sara
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
I like this author but I have to say this one was very long and boring. So much happened and it was so blah. A lot of telling and not enough showing. I expected so much more gangster from a mafia crime boss but he was just..forgettable?…Ava went through a lot and she remained strong but sometimes she just annoyed me…she was so cringy especially with her stepdad and how the love they have was explained. Regardless this was just weak all around with a lack of chemistry.
Mspraise50
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good read by this author. White/White romance.

This is Dmitri and Ava's story. A good read but I am not sure if I enjoyed this story as much as book 1. I intend to read more stories by this author as I enjoy her storytelling.

Definitely worth a read.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Balance (Matefinder, #3)
  • Vein Of Love (Blackest Gold, #1)
  • Wild Lands (Savage Lands, #2)
  • The Ippos King (Wraith Kings, #3)
  • The SnowFang Storm (SnowFang, #2)
  • Twisted Cravings (The Camorra Chronicles, #6)
  • Bhyr (Alien Warrior #3)
  • Sweet Cruelty (Sweet Savagery, #1)
  • Fighting Blind
  • Trillion
  • Guardian
  • Cruel Paradise (Beautifully Cruel, #2)
  • Iniquity (Dahlia Saga #5)
  • Depravity (Dahlia Saga #3)
  • Cavalier (Crimson Elite, #1)
  • Break Her
  • Mistaken (Mistaken, #1)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
Airicka Phoenix is a multi genre author of dark contemporary & dangerous paranormal romance starring sassy female leads and sexy alpha heroes.

For more on Airicka, follow & join her on: